Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   THURSDAY'S Roll CALL, May 2 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/803249-thursdays-roll-call-may-2-a.html)

mykneesareback 05-01-2013 08:44 PM

THURSDAY'S Roll CALL, May 2

1 Attachment(s)
:hugs::hugs: and :aprayer: to everyone here!

LoveMontana 05-01-2013 08:56 PM

Thanks for the start off Doris. Was just about to do it too.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6...kyshark391.jpg

mykneesareback 05-01-2013 08:58 PM

Hot Dang that's funny, Linda, LOL LOL !! :D:D

Begete 05-01-2013 10:01 PM

Very cute, Linda. Thanx for starting us off, Doris.

I have to leave early for garden lib in the morning, so I thought I would stop by tonight.

Linda, when we lock up thE kitties they howl so loud I am surprised you can't hear them in NY.

I just hope they grow up fast and turn into boring old cats.

Spent most of day in garden. The more work we do, the more we find that needs to be one.

tatehouse 05-02-2013 06:13 AM

Got everything back to normal here. The alarm is now attached directly into the modem and the signal is good at the monitoring facility. It is lonely and dark up here on this hill...I depend on the alarm so I slept a lot better last night.

This has been quite a fast week for me. Has anyone else seen it whiz by?

Waving to everyone and the newbies too.

Anne

pfair143 05-02-2013 06:22 AM

Good Morning All.....Let's get 'er done!

Tricia

ocali 05-02-2013 06:44 AM

Anne, not only did this week go fast, but the month of April did, and the 4 months of this year have sped by.
It's been raining all morning, so I backed the car out and Mother Nature is washing it. Where do I send the check?
Toodles for now.....

mykneesareback 05-02-2013 07:25 AM

My brain is still in dumb old April.................

Mssarge 05-02-2013 08:37 AM

Good morning all..I've yet to check on the status of the fire near my cousins and now I hear there's another fire near my nephew. I guess it's going to be a bad year for brush fires in SoCal, hope there's something left come this winter. We received only five inches of rain this year and our normal is about 14; of course, when we get that much the brush just grows more and when it dries out we get really bad fires. It's pretty bad when you count the seasons by fire, flood, landslide and hot, hot, hot.

First morning that I don't have to use a mess of eyedrops so I'm feeling good. I did say the doc says the eyes are better, new glasses coming, no bleeding in the retina, the cornea is still a bit swollen but only around the edges, so the eyes are getting better. He is having me come back after only a month so he check the status without the eyedrops....life is improving.

Nothing much planned for today, so don't know what trouble will find me. Hope you all have a great day and good things come your way.

Shalbrihil 05-02-2013 08:51 AM

Back away from the NUTS! Sorry I had to slap myself back to reality.

I'm agreeing with you all about time flying. Blink and it's gone.

Another nice morning. Glad you have your rain Julie. Ours gets a free wash in our driveway too.

I bought a nice pot of Basil at our Trader Joe's yesterday. It looks so nice with my potted parsley and baby colored pepper plant on our deck. I'm having fun using some of my stored pots from past years now. Great tip if your pot is too large. Put recycled plastic containers squished in the bottom first. The bigger pots are lighter if you have to move them and you don't need as much planting soil. Got the tip from Birds & Bloom website.

:heart: and best wishes to all and hope your day is a pleasant one.

Norfolk Mermaid 05-02-2013 09:33 AM

Good mornin and thanks Dory Do.

Back out I o as I want to really and seriously pick out where to put what and then tomorrow get some peat at Southern States and even a bag of pearliht and then dig and dig some more. Weedin continues in between.
After so much rain it is a splendid cool and sunny day.
Wellcome to all that are new- yep, yep, yep we do what suits us best at the time... for me JUDDDING- low fat, low, carb and low calorie is working best and LETS FACE IT WE ALL KNOW WE HAFT TO DO- JUST DO IT! EVERYTHING IS COMMON SENSE- AND TWEAKIN, TWEAKING, TWEAKIN! DORIS, IS THE RESIDENT GURU!
bbl (not an idiot here- kittie pulled my G- loose).

SuSUN 05-02-2013 03:47 PM

Just getting here and Yes this month has flown by most weeks do these days.

Warmer than usual temps up here everyone outdoors enjoying them while it lasts.

Pleasant evening All...hope to bbt...

mykneesareback 05-02-2013 06:03 PM

Reading all the gardening going on, makes me yearn to head out and plant some stuff, but no point now, dh even emptied out most all of the old containers. Used to buy lots of flats of Petunias and all kinds of stuff, back in the day.......

Well, we found another house, and the offer was accepted, will see how it goes with the loan this time.

Have a good evening!

SuSUN 05-02-2013 06:14 PM

Fingers crossed. WE are All rooting for you Doris.:up::up:

MaryMary 05-02-2013 06:15 PM

I have to share a story. Today my hubby drove me home from my daughter's. We had no food to speak of in the house as my husband was with me the last 3 days. We stopped at Trader Joe's and picked enough so I could make a salad, cooked some veggies and have some yogurt. While we were checking out, a young Crew Member came up to me with a bouquet of flowers and I looked down and said "Oh! My, aren't they beautiful! So many colors." He said to me "They're for you!" I thought he was kidding. He wasn't. I have to wear this strap around my chin until the doctors says that we are all set and the young fellow wished me a speedy recovery. I couldn't believe it. I was a loyal follower before but today I had tears in my eyes. I just had to share this with you all.

Doug_H 05-02-2013 06:22 PM

Good luck Doris

Doug

modon69478 05-02-2013 07:06 PM

Good luck Doris!

mykneesareback 05-02-2013 07:30 PM

Thank you, Doug, Susan, and Michele, for the good vibes and wishes! :)

Mary Mary, what a lovely story, how nice of that crew member to give you pretty flowers, makes your DAY !! :shake:

modon69478 05-03-2013 04:23 AM

MMary, I'm so glad you shared that story! I love to hear about people doing good things! I wish you a speedy recovery, too :)

Michele

SuSUN 05-03-2013 04:09 PM

:jumpjoy: Oh me too! Loved to hear your story Mary. One of of those pay it forward things. If WE all went out to do a random act of kindness every once in a while the World would be a better place huh?:hugs::heart:

LoveMontana 05-03-2013 04:52 PM

What a wonderful suprise Mary. Feel better soon.

Doris, another :up: for you and G. Hope this goes well and fast for you two.