LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY'S Roll CALL, May 1

Happy May, I guess............. I'm not necessarily thrilled, feel stuck in time, like we are living in a dream or something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 72815_452008124881302_173832546_n.jpg (29.1 KB, 2 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
I like the first day of a new month.

It is usually really hot by now but the rain is keeping it in the 50's at night and 60's during the day.
Did Sam's yesterday and bought hard and I mean hard canteloupe and mango slices- should have ot whole ones and let them ripen myself. Any idea how to soften them? I soften some pears once in the micro but mine isn't working. Maybe a liht pan heating on the top of the stove???
Burned plastic but ot 3 big beefsteak toms to plant.
Blew my eating up in a blaze of glory or gorey! Double Whopper/cheese; sweet peach tea; a cup of van. soft serve. I am still miserable. What was I thinking???
So many dreary days (yet again today with liht rain) makes me do crazy stuff.
bbl have a good day everyone.
e.

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Good Morning and happy May!

I have been offline for a few days. The tv still worked so I was ok!! I could get to some things on my phone but glad the laptop is up and running again. The cable guy came and replaced all the wires from the pole to the computer. Had to have a crew come out and take care of something else at the pole. They told me it could be 10 days but they came early this morning. The phone was down, too, so no phone no alarm monitoring. I get nervous without my alarm!

Would love to go to Italy, Michele. I hope you had a BLAST.

Must run to the store now that all my waiting for service techs is over.

BBL
Anne

PS. In honor of Mother's Day my new Avi is my mother and me when I was about Maggie's age.
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #4

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Doris, I just love your photo for the day.
Hopefully this house will be the one so you and G can get moved.

Oh Lainey, just put the unripe fruits on the counter top for a few days. That will help get them ripe.

Bummer on the no INTERNET access, phone or alarm, Anne. At least it's repaired now.
Too bad you aren't comfortable with a gun or two in the house.
Beautiful Avatar too.

Heading out to the home town to meet up with mom and my brother and stop to see the kids and grands later.

Saw the plastic surgeon yesterday and am pleased to say he found the orbital floor fracture healing well.
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #5

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Anne, Love your Avi picture of your Mom and You just an adorable keeper. Glad you have power and such all on now.

Doris, I know that feeling living in a dream, we still get through, in time. You are just in transition right now.

Lainey, Yuk on your weather. We have it clear for a week up here. It has been long coming. Temps climbing and sunshine finally. It is a new month you can start over with the clean eating plan.

Linda, glad to hear your orbital floor is on the mend. You are one strong woman.

Will be off for a Walk with DD and her dog soon for an hour. Then if I make it I have an exercise class at 2:30 this aft. So that should rev up my metabolism.Ha!

Waving to All and wishing you all a pleasant day. Hope tbb later...
Old 05-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Immmediately after I posted yesterday, all the power went out for over 4 hours. We ran our generator which kept the refrigerator going and the fan after we switched to our propane heater, but even after the power came back on, Comcast was out until dinner time, so no TV internet or phone.

So though we got some gardening done, most of day was ruined. Grrr. Today will be another day.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Gladys, I love the great advice you posted yesterday. I hope that those you were writing to read it.
I had an 8 a.m. appt. to have blood drawn today. Wouldn't you know that when I woke up, it was exactly 7:29! Even though I know they will take you anytime, I wanted to keep that appt. Can you believe I dressed, etc., and drove ten miles and got there exactly on time--From there went grocery shopping, to the bank, and to Staples. All without eating anything. Anyways, got back about 10:30. Looks like showers for today.
See y'all later....
Old 05-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Nice sunny day today.If the ground is not too wet I will cut the grass later.
Have a nice day all.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
I ran a test on my alarm system as suggested by the alarm company. It isn't reading so the repairman is coming to see what THAT problem is in a bit. Oh boy!

Always something...

Can't decide what to fix for supper...overwhelming!

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BecomingLess
Stats: 310/168/155
WOE: LC/hcg
Hi, I'm new to the board. My name is Karen, I am 55 and live in the St. Louis area.

I've been dieting all my life, and have a terrible history of yo-yoing 100's of pounds, especially when I was unenlightened and doing low fat (did weight watchers in the 80's, jenny craig, nutrisystem and phen-fen in the 90's). I switched to low carb in the early 2000's, after being diagnosed with diabetes.

Gosh, there's so much I've been through, experienced, and learned over the years, I'm struggling to be selective to keep my intro short! lol

Okay, let's skip a bunch of failed attempts and go to 2007-08, when I low carbed to a goal of 180 but once again couldn't maintain it when menopause hit. Over the next few years. I slowly put all that back on, despite numerous and repeated attempts to stop the gain by doing what had worked so well to lose it in the first place. It just wasn't working any more.

Then in late 2011, my health was so poor and my diabetes so out of control, that I knew I had to once again get strict with the low carb, just to save my health, whether I lost any weight or not. Shortly after that re-dedication, I learned about hcg, and started doing serious research on why maintenance is near-impossible for the morbidly and super-obese and how hcg might be a game-changer. What I learned was a real eye-opener, and changed how I do everything.

I became unwilling to lose without hcg in my system (putting all my eggs in the basket that hcg works the way it's hypothesized to: by preventing the down-regulation of hormones and metabolism that regular long-term weight loss may cause that leads to regain) and alternating months of weight loss with months of maintenance practice, for the same reason.

This has been working for me. I am stable at the lowest weight of my adult life, and succeeding at maintenance for the first time ever. I would like to try for an even lower number, 155, and am planning a round of hcg beginning in Mid-May, upon completing my current round of maintenance.

Anyway, that's my diet history as close to a nutshell as I could get it! I would love to make and get to know some friends here.

Last edited by BecomingLess; 05-01-2013 at 02:41 PM..
BecomingLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #11

Welcome to our little group, Karen. Hopefully you have read all of the studies on hcg.
They Mayo clinic has this to say about it.

HCG diet: Is it safe and effective? - MayoClinic.com

Babette, give the crates a try for the cats. It is safe for them and may well afford you and John a good nights sleep.

Anne, hope the alarm company can get your problem straightened out. That is a dangerous situation if it doesn't work and you have no other way to defend your self.

Wow Julie, you are impressive. Happy to hear you got it done.

Gladys, did you get the lawn mowed?

Hi Susan, have you given thought to moving in with your DD and family or do you think you might be better by yourself?

Spent the day back home visiting and had a good time.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BecomingLess
Stats: 310/168/155
WOE: LC/hcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMontana View Post
Welcome to our little group, Karen. Hopefully you have read all of the studies on hcg.
Yes. Yes I have. From sources far more knowledgeable than the Mayo Clinic, who BTW, has nothing good to say about low carb, either! lol

I've done 7 rounds of hcg in between following a lowcarb lifestyle, and it's the first time I'm succeeding at maintenance. I'm happy I kept an open mind and dug deeper into the research than mainstream. Same as when a doctor years ago told me not to do low carb, it was dangerous, Atkins killed people.

Thanks for the welcome!
BecomingLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #13

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Yes, as with many diets, time will tell how long it will all last, keep on trucking, Karen, life can swing a bat at you when you least expect it. We have been fighting this stuff for a long time, in different ways. It ain't over till it's over

Julie, you are one of my hero's, lol, what a busy day!!

Linda, I'm glad your plastic surgeon found you healing well.

Howdy, Anne, always something is what we are experiencing now. Bummer!

Begete, isn't the power off maddening, ours went out this afternoon, used the generator to watch the soccer game though, but internet won't work because the hub is located where the power outage comes from.

Gladys, did you get the grass mowed? Hope so!

Hi Susan, what is your work schedule, do you have to go in Sunday, again?

Howdy Lainey, you are getting alot of gardening things going again, to make you smile when you see things grow!! Happy for YOU!

We are still looking for houses, some of them have sold in 4 hrs., we never got a chance to even offer!! Tonight, son and dil will look at 2, and make a bigger offer than list price, if they find a good one, that is. dh doesn't care anymore, if it ain't falling apart, he is good to go, lol.

Good Night!!

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good afternoon/evening all, finally made it back from the VA with head aching and tail dragging...pooped! and after a really good night's sleep. I musta slept seven hours without getting up for anything, or being disturbed by the fur kids. Musta needed it.

The hospital was both frustrating and satisfying...I was supposed to do a fasting blood test today so it was up and outta here without a cuppa. It's about a half hour drive there then around the parking lot for over an hour (they have truly horrible parking) then up to the lab...no order for the test so it was all worthless. I went early only because of the blood test. I was so frustrated I ate breakfast (on a down day) and didn't regret it one bit, tho' the calories will be high today, oh well.

Good news with the eye doc, tho', after waiting two hours to be seen (I was called in at my appointment time) and two hours later after all the checks, the eyes have changed enough (and seem to be stabilized, although the cornea is still a bit swollen) that I have new eye glasses coming I've a copy of the 'script so I can get sunglasses, too although I did find a great pair that go over the glasses at Wally World for only $24. Looking forward to getting the new glasses.

Karen...as you will see if you stick around a bit, we have different ways of eating around here and each of us have discovered or are discovering our way to success. Glad to have a new friend in the midwest and hope you tarry a while with us...

Lainey, I hope I understand your quandry with the melon and mango...they're both sliced, right? If so, there's not much to do to soften them up...of course, if they're whole you know how to ripen them. You might try adding them to your morning smoothie...or chop 'em up fairly finely and toss with some other fruit to make a good fruit salad. I've decided I'll not buy melon except in season as I've had very bad luck with the South American fruit...seems they pick 'em even greener than our folks. Don't worry about the meal today...did you say you were going to start JUDDDing again this month? If so, be cautious, I understand it is tricky for a diabetic and since you're taking new medications for it, you might reconsider.

Well, if you've made it through this post, good on you...just had to run off to relieve some of my frustration...also, kinda worried about my cousins in Cherry Valley as they seem to be in the path of a huge fire burning out of control...adding my prayers to theirs for the great firefighters we have out here. It's kinda early for the fires but since it's been such a dry year, I'm sure it won't the last.

Hope you all had a great day and good things came your way...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 05-01-2013 at 05:00 PM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #15

Wishing you the best with that diet plan, Karen. What ever works for you, will be the best plan for you.
Been on Atkins myself , on the advice of my Cleveland Clinic Cardiologist since 1997

Oh good grief, Doris. What a PITA you and G have been through with that house purchase. Hopefully one will be available soon.
It seems that everyone wants to relocate to Texas these days.

Mary, great news on the eyes and the nice inexpensive glasses at Wally World.

BBL off to watch some mind numbing TV.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Well I got saved from the Deere as it rained off and on,raining on right now.
Have a good night all.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Karen,
So glad to see your here sweetie! Are you going to start a journal....sorry didn't mean to hijack a thread!

Denise

Last edited by Izzysdream; 05-01-2013 at 07:06 PM..
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote