Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good Morning Julie and good morning to all that follow,

Just got home last night from vacation and have the day off today to try and get my feet on the ground.

Will be doing lots of laundry and going through all the mail today. Maybe run a few errands, but we'll see. I do have a dentist appointment later on - who thought that was a good idea?

Was sorry to hear that Verleen won't be posting any longer, but hope that she reconsiders. I do wish her well and hope thing go as planned with her new home.

Louise's message was so good to see. I am always inspired after reading her posts.

Doris, You're doing an amazing job keeping up with all the details. The right house will come along and will it all come together, you'll see. Try not to fret too much, if you can.

Waving to all - am glad to be home.

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Good morning all.

Temperature is supposed to be at 100 or over the next few days.

The "Laughlin River Run" just ended here. 40,000 + bikers here over the weekend.
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:29 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning all and a bi thanks to Julie- wait Ginny?

Please everyone add your name to the post- it is easy to put it in auto.
This old brain is not worth much in the mornins. I do really try to tell everyone apart but fail miserably at times.
Laundry is going and Lady SuSun is filled to the brim with her shrimp and Aaunt Jane has had her fresh Meow Mix that she loves and the shrimp juice is out for her as well.
A gental rain is falling and I will but some of the veggitable and herb plants out where they can catch some- the front steps are over flowing but they are ready to be outside.
I had a high or low BS yesterday towards evening and had to put away as much as I could and et inside to lie down. Didn't et to close the shed but will o out in the rain or wait for a lul and close it up. Sure would love one of those half doors on the thing but it is about to fall down and I could not replace it any time in the near future.
Has anyone ever washed sleeping bags in the home washing machine. I would be willing to do one at a time to see. They are beautiful ones that I really enjoyed sleeping on top and under each one for the winter but now want to clean them and put them away. I always took them to the giant wash machine at the matt. They are twin size and opened up are perfect on my twin elec. bed- elec quit soon after Dad bought me the dang thing.
Need to get this day off and running- a whole house vaccuming is in order. Be bl. Yallings all have a great one.
e,

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 04-29-2013 at 06:32 AM..
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pfair143
Stats: 214/?/?
WOE: Pollan: Eat food, mostly plants, not too much
Start Date: 4-14-2013
So yesterday did not go so well. Want desperately to blame my husband but totally my fault. Will not dwell on the details but today is a new day and "yesterday is dead and gone".

Color today: More determined.

I will succeed and hope you do too!
Tricia
pfair143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good Monday Morning All,

Back Michele, we sure missed You. Where did you vacation?
Hope the dentist appointment goes without a hitch or a large $$$ bill.

Thanks Julie for our push off today. DS is heading to Orlando for the next 4 days on business. He is driving from Ft. Lauderdale where he is based for now.

Wow Doug that is way too hot for me. WE are just happy to be on the plus side of the thermometer.

Oh Lainey so sorry to hear of your tummy upset last night.
I have never owned a sleeping bag let alone ever washed one, can't help you there. Sounds like your kitties are all feed and watered for a few hours.

Hope to get out for Walk with DD and her dog around noon if we don't get rained on. I sure need the exercise. I was sitting too much at work yesterday lots of phone and paperwork.

A new baby girl Charlotte was born yesterday in NZ another niece there with her first baby now. The family is scattered all over the Empire.

Waving to All and hope to bbl...
Old 04-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #7

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Running in to say hi to everybody.

Lainey, wash the sleeping bags one at a time so you don't "stress" the washer and dryer. They should be just fine.

Welcome home, Michelle.Tell us all about that vacation.

Yikes Doug, temps over 100 are not nice at all.

Thanks for the kick start, Julie.

Hi ya Tricia, Susan, and all who follow.

Off to the Dollar Tree with me.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Good morning...still raining here.

Just sticking my foot in the door...

Waving to all.

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning. Taking some leftover plants from garden club plant store to animal shelter for them to sell this morning and then off to pick up my new sunglasses on the mainland at COSTCO.

Scale just will not budge.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad I did not put the plantlets out as it is a gully washer.

Thanks Linda- I' ll try one and I also think I should be OK. Like everything here but the fridge is inherited and all though the manuels are here somewhere I never bothered to read up on the appliances. Have never used the big oven and would like to make the three boxes of ginger bread mix for cookies and loafs since Christmas. They tell me how to make the softer cookies by just using less water- you know with the cracks on them. MY FAVS and impossible to find anywhere down here. I never use the washer and dryer at the same time- over/under like the shot gun so when the dryer is thru I load one in and see what happens. Wish me luck- I need one of those kitchen "withces" for my kitchen.
ettin hungry so am thinkin a big salad as I never did et one made the other day.
Keep on keepin on everyone. I may watch that old people in India movie from BB on my big screen as I am sure it will lots better than when I watched it on the computer MacBook Pro.
bbl
Old 04-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rountree
Stats: 247/247/160
Start Date: 4/29/2013
Hello - good morning. I'm new to the site and just wanted to say hello and put a hand out in hopes of making some friends on here. I lived a carb free life for 7 years after my youngest son was born (he's now 14). I have a new daughter (7 months) and I'm jumping back on the wagon for round two! This time I hope to remain on it for the remainder of my life! Anyway - my name is Rachele (said like Michele only with an "R") ... I'm in the process of updating my profile, but I don't seem to have a picture small enough for the site to accept! BBL!

Rachele

Last edited by Rountree; 04-29-2013 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: (added my name)
Rountree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Begete, somethin is wrong- are carbs sneaking in somewhere or calories? Try doing exactly what you are doing but on odd days cut down by 1/2 or close to it and see what happens. Are you into ketosis? it is worth it to buy the strips and just see what is goin on. I could allow myself to have grass fed beef and wild caught fish but I cannot find it in the super markets- no butchers or seafood stores here- the only seafood store closed a little while back... I miss N.Y. for those and lordy I miss the cheese shops. I am going to make the drive to our Harris Teeter and see if they might have some stuff. The rain slackened a bit so I took my biggest umbrella and closed up the shed and took my mums out of their big saucers to prevent wet feet. I watered the plantlets under the awnings and am worrying because I Mirical Growed them when I got them home even though I have read to never do that as they have been force fed when you buy them. Just figured thay may have been cut way back because that feeding stuff has gotten so expensive. I am a MG girl from way back as I have seen with my own eyes the incredible difference it makes.
The laundry is done and dried but it was mostly outdoor cat beddin and kitchen/bathroom rugs.
Anyhew bbl.

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 04-29-2013 at 09:08 AM..
Old 04-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...sunny and temps going up here. Depending on which metro you listen to it will be almost 100 or just over 90 for the week, so we'll see. It's off to ortho for me for one shot and then back on Friday to finish the cycle. Guess I'd better call the physical therapist to get set up for next week...I'm both looking forward to it and dreading it, as I'm sure you can understand.

Doug, the River Run is quite an event, brings back lots of memories..we used to shoot the Yermo to Vegas run and had a lot of fun with it. Speaking of looking forward to it and dreading it...must be quite a lot of that among the locals. Stay cool.

Doris, I'm such an old stick-in-the-mud and have had things in place for so long, I truly hate it when change happens. I also think it's funny because I've lived in this house longer than any other in my entire life...18 years...and I loved having to move every two or three years while in the Army. Things change as we grow older, I guess. I'm sure you're feeling the same way with anticipating and dreading the move you have coming...they tell me, "change is good." but I'm not sure I believe 'em anymore.

Welcome, Rachelle...yep, you gotta be here for a while before you can post an avatar...good luck on the weight loss..

Lainey, you watch out for the gully washers...they can cause a lot of problems but it sounds like you've got it under control.

Glad to have you back, Michelle, we missed your shining face.

Gotta fee the tailwaggers and get under way, so y'all have a great day.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 04-29-2013 at 10:11 AM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Merr, the house is raised and even the arae (d$m$ G's) which isn't stays dry and the potting shed as well.
And, just what is the "fee" for those tail wagers? I might et something out of my purrers.
Nah, it would be museum priceless fees for them- they'll just have to settle for steamed shrimp & juice and Meow Mix on demand.
I am startin to drag a bit so I just ate a cuttie. (see that- sometimes the g's dane to hit so I just o ahead and hit them and hope for the best). SuSun did it with her little claw and I do not let them do the key board crawl as I am afraid they will hit something that come back "shoot her immediately". Same thing when I produce a credit card.
bbl
Old 04-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #15

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
I'm just sane enough to put my foot in the door right now.

Welcome back, Michele.

Hang tough, Lainey.

Begete, sometimes you gotta just forget about doing it, if your heart isn't really into deprivation, it ain't gonna work out. Give yourself a break, think of all you have been through in the past 2 yrs...........

Susan, you always are so uplifting, wish I had that gene.

Waving at Mary, Anne, Loretta, Linda, Tricia, Doug and Julie, thanks for buzzing us out the door. Doug, I couldn't live there, I don't think, you guys are tough people.

Welcome Rachele, you are our first "golden oldie" who had a baby

Linda, what did you get at the Dollar Store?

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Just coming in from the feeding,also had to fill the feed barrels with $300 of feed.That's a months supply.C. went to the feed store this morning.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

oops
Old 04-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gladys- you may find this interesting....

Our post office is followin the long time employees out by followin them around looking for a way to get them out. My neighbor's guy is so upset and my newish Postman told me that is what is happening to all the older employees. Anita's guy thought it was just him. I know that happens in a lot of corporations but I thouht the govn't was a safer place to work than that.
Time to try that sleeping bag in the washer. Wow, I am sweatin that.
Gladys, how many kittens do you have? Sure hope the males are not gettin them when they are born.
bbl
Old 04-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Dang! Just lost my long post...I hate it when I do that....sigh!

Just explaining that I'm back...spent too much at Sam's...again!....may spend the time later to come up with the rest of it...too, upset now.

Lainey, just a typo....I don't charge the tail-waggers a fee...just lost the d from "feed" Glad you hear you're safe from the spring gully washers.

Gotta agree with Doris's advice....
Begete, sometimes you gotta just forget about doing it, if your heart isn't really into deprivation, it ain't gonna work out. Give yourself a break, think of all you have been through in the past 2 yrs...........

I know we want the weight loss to happen NOW...but at our age, we gotta have patience. I'm coming up on my first JUDDDversary on June 3rd and I'm nowhere near where I expected to be, but it's alright. I'll lose it, or not, and if it takes another year, okay.

Hugs, to all and getting ready to run outta the house again, trying to stay away from food as I've got the hungries and I'm planning a good dinner for my down day.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Well it's been a few day's since I've had anything to say. Our life here is a bunch of repeating. HA! We got ourselves out to Costco and came home $300. poorer. There were so many changes in that place that we had more than our share of walking for exercise.

Last night Tad got me up to go outside around midnight and the moon was just raising beyond our tree line. Seems like it should have been much higher at that time of night

The scale just makes me crazy so I don't have it in the house now. Life is so much simpler now that I'm not obsessing. I guess my eating style is more like paleo now.

Nice to see you back from vacation Michele. Did you go to someplace exciting?

Welcome to the Nice to meet you Rachele. Tricia nice to see your name now too.

to everyone see you later.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Emmaline78
Stats: 226/185.8/154
WOE: Low Carbs
Start Date: April 2013
Just saying hallo again!
Not good at this type of forum but hope you'll bear with me!

Had injection in my shoulder today to ease the pain..at least one portion of me not giving me gype now.

Begete.. know the feeling only too well.. lost about 5lb in three months... really disheartening isn't it?!

Hope you all had a good day..
Emmaline78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #22

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Quote:
Welcome Rachele, you are our first "golden oldie" who had a baby

Linda, what did you get at the Dollar Store?
ROFLOL Doris, that's what I was thinking. Someone over age 50 having a baby? YIKES!!!!

Only picked a couple of graduation cards at the Dollar Tree for the two granddaughters who graduate this June.

Lainey, let us know how the sleeping bag came out.

Emmaline, hope that injection helps. Keep us posted.

Babette, kick that scale to the curb and eat clean. You will be ok.

Sharon, it's so nice to get rid of that nasty scale, isn't it? It keeps life stress free and you only need one if you aren't eating on plan.

Yikes Gladys, those birds eat a lot, don't they?

Waving to everyone else. BBL.
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
I think I've figured out how to attach a few pictures - Made my first trip to Europe and visited the coast of northern Italy. The first picture is the view from the hotel, the second is the view from the mountain trail I hiked, and the third is a picture I took in Portofino. Will try and send a few more tomorrow.

It's hard getting back to the real world.

Michele
Attached Images
File Type: jpg View from Hotel in Sestri Levante.jpg (42.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg View from the trail.jpg (56.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0009.jpg (39.9 KB, 7 views)
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

lol Linda, Gladys feed is for the horse I am pretty sure.
Sleepin Ba uptic- try as I miht I could not get it into the top loader. They are in the Cherokee waitin for a trip to the matt.
Begete, the only thin i missed from my marriage was the Dr.s scale so I bought one- 3 times maybe 4 per year I step onto it- after christmas, Easter, my birthday and new years but usually not even on those occasions. HOWEVER, I love that I have the thing- it cost me a fortune on my soc. sec. but I wonted it!
bbl or t. etting sleepy and my shows are toniht- Two Broke Girls and Mike & Molly are both a crack up.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Location: my own little world...but hey, there's pretty colors, flowers...very nice :o)
Gallery: starryblu
Stats: 203/199/140
Start Date: august 2012
just thought i would pop in and say hello....i didn't know there was a board for ladies of an "elegant age". lol. i just made that up, but i kinda like it.

anyway...i haven't been on the forum much. been low carbing (on and off, mostly off) for quite some time now. i know it works, if i can just leave the skittles and popcorn alone. *sigh*

ok then, just saying hello. a good day so far, no cheating. i am planning a trip for the beginning of june (off to meet my first granddaughter, she's due the end of this month!!) and i've made a vow to myself that i will stick to my plan until then.

have a great evening
~starry
starryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Michele, exciting indeed! What a marvelous vacation. You must be still settling back to reality. Looking forward to more pictures.

Starry, a big welcome to you! Hopefully you will feel like hanging out with us.

Looks like dinner's ready so heading for the fish and broccoli. See you tomorrow.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #27

Oh Michele,

Thank You for sharing your pictures. They are just magnificent, they certainly capture those scenes of Italy well. What a fabulous time you must have had. Did you get pinched anywhere? Cheeks? Did you visit any shrines of churches? Every time I went to Italy with my Mother, as a girl, we always had to visit the shrines and Cathedrals. I preferred the beach of course. LOL!
I'll bet you see Texas and your home through different eyes now. Ha!

ALL our Newbies
Do Buzz in as often as you find you need to. You will find great support here.

Emmaline its ages since I heard that expression, "giving me gype." How's the weather on that Norfolk coast? Windy Grimsby if I remember well.

Babette, I feel your frustration on that slow loss. It does take us longer at our age. I find if I step up the activity in a day that fires up my metabolic rate, even just lifting a few weights revs it up. Gladys had great advice re the meat and greens too.

Gladys, how many birds are eating that $300 worth of feed or is that the ponies too?

Doris, Do take some deep breaths and each day things will resolve themselves. Everything works out for the best whether we worry or not.
As you say, keep on, keeping on.

Wow Mary, I remember you joining our group. Has it been a year already? I will have to google Spring gully washers. I haven't hear that term before.

Lainey, I think that is probably the best policy to take to the Laundry Matt. Save the wear n tear on your washer.

Waving to All and hope to bbt...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

The feed is for the birds and horses but bird feed is about a dollar a lb.This is my joy so worth it to me.I use to make lots of money with the birds but they don't produce any more.Most of the time the eggs are clear,they took care of me then,I will take care of them now.
BBL
Old 04-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #29

Good kind attitude Gladys. How many birds do you have?
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdlady View Post
The feed is for the birds and horses but bird feed is about a dollar a lb.This is my joy so worth it to me.I use to make lots of money with the birds but they don't produce any more.Most of the time the eggs are clear,they took care of me then,I will take care of them now.
BBL
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote