LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SATURDAY's Roll CALL, April 27

Getting us going..............Saturday, my brother and wife are coming for a visit, haven't been here since 1997, but want to see the place before we sell it, lol.

Me, I'm going to be cooking and hanging on the phone, listening to son and daughter in law tell us about the houses they are touring, and we will probably decide on one and make an offer. They are selling like hotcakes there in Texas!! And the people here still want to buy our house, so have to move while the kettle is still hot, so to speak. Wish me luck, it will be mostly my decision.

Sending prayers and strong thoughts to those not feeling right.......

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
(((hugs ))) and good wishes to you and G on the sale and new home in your future. Wishing you the very best.

Off to bed here soon. Tomorrow it's off to the home town for a grandson's Confirmation thingy.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:24 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Thanks Doris for kick off.

I am wishing hard for you to get yourself moved and settled. The idea of G. being much closer to his medical care is the top seller in my mind. Best of luck for a hasty change over.
The top of my "toned" thihs from P.T. are feeling the gardening work out- it hurts but gives me a smile that gardening is indeed a good exercise.
I e-mailed Verleen yesterday (found her e-addy in my notebook addy list). Needless to say I apologised profusely and am praying for a change of heart if she did actually leave in anger or sadness. We'll see I guess.
More gardening today as rain is in the forcast for tomorrow and I will do house work then.
Ila e-mailed that "We are going to Las Vegas for my Birthday 29th- pray that win big! I actually thouht that WE ment me also- a Mother's heart never gives up! and of course I do not pray for things like that ever.
My garden angels are calling and I am getting ready to visit them- oh joy...
weed day and whacking. Might as well bring on some upper body soreness!
Beete, I did check out reverse mortaes and it only took a few paes to see it was great for them but not smart for the mortaee- best to try to hang on and I can make it it is just 2 credit cards I have to painfully bring down (close to 5K for the two combined and no other % debts. Borrowin money to buy stuff on a credit so stupid but cannot be helped in some situations. I plan to call both companies and try for lowering % ages- Senior Services advised that when assuring me Reverse Mortage was no wise in my case.
Begete, what on earth would we do without you. You remind me of a Golden Buda watching over us and being here when we are in need.
Coffee is gone- Mrs. Lady SuSun has had her portion of steamed shrimp (she is so little that I don't mind her having that and sometimes I get a few too) . And I am gone too.
Let us have a fine Saturday today- I could not figure out what day it was today and had to look on the computer! Please G*d tell me that is not the "Long Goodbye of A. )
Elaine

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 04-27-2013 at 05:28 AM..
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:08 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Have a great Saturday all...will try to get back later.

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pfair143
Stats: 214/?/?
WOE: Pollan: Eat food, mostly plants, not too much
Start Date: 4-14-2013
Another Saturday! Really? Since retirement they all seem like Saturdays.

Husband is off to the flea market down the street. He is always bringing home "projects" which he then works on all week. Last week he rebuilt an old porch swing which is probably better built and nicer than when it was new. I have a swing on both porches so this one will go to my daughter. He loves to stay busy; I love to read so we complement each other I think.

Elaine, don't know where I picked up the term "bohunkus" but when I googled it found out that it officially means very large rear end and can be used as a nickname. Looks like I scored a 2 for 1 deal on that one.

Credit card debt can really sneak up on you. According to Suze Ormon: Put them away unless emergency; try to lower your rate, pay as much as possible on worst offender while paying min on others. As each is paid off get rid of the card (do not close your account as will affect credit score) and keep one that has lowest interest rate to use in emergencies or that can be paid off at the end of the month. Sounds easy but am sure it's not. Good luck.

Another beautiful day here and will rain tomorrow. Love the rain as long as I don't have to drive in it. Still on track. Got a vacation coming up and all of me is not invited.

Positive thoughts,
Tricia
pfair143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning everyone. Lainey, that is quite an exaggeration, but thank you.

Why would Verleen be angry?

Off to plant sale this morning.

bbl,
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning gang.Lainey I don't remember you saying anything to get Verleen upset.She is probably very caught up in the house thing.
Have not gone out to feed but did do stalls,laundry,dishes.My outdoors needs loving care but not today.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

I just received a E-Mail from VERLEEN.

I was convinced my smart a$$ post after her "baby talk" post had hurt her feelings. Not me or anyone else has anything to do with her leaving.
Her continuing medical conditions are causing her start giving up completely.
I am NOT a Dr. but have been depressed often enough to know she is profoundly depressed. I think her fine inner strenth is keeping her at best- sound. I have heard that she fully severed her being here and she did not give me permission to give her phone # or E-Addy to anyone. If you might have her number or E-addy please contact her. I will of course tell her anything you might wish her to know.
I cried after reading her E-mail.
Thank all of you for your patience with me.
Elaine

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 04-27-2013 at 08:41 AM..
Old 04-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Emmaline78
Stats: 226/185.8/154
WOE: Low Carbs
Start Date: April 2013
Good afternoon Ladies.
Hope your move goes well Doris and the visit goes well too.

Just had a young man call to "fix" my computer..it was being very stubborn when I tried to post anything. He said that there was nothing much wrong with it but now it's worse than ever!! Took me about 15 minutes before my login worked..

Elaine..Had my share of the credit card dilemma. When I was 59 and knowing I had only another year to work I set to to clear as much of my CC debt as possible. Unfortunately come the December of that year ..which left me another 8months to go, I got laid off and was absolutely frantic as to how I was going to manage. Thankfully we have a Citizens Advice Bureau which helped me a lot and without them I think I would have gotten into a serious mental state... Never want to experience that again.

Envy those that can get out and enjoy doing their gardening..
Bit of a whine that one so wont go down that road..

Hope you all enjoy(ed) your Saturday.

Mine starts off with listening to C&W music on the local radio from 9-12noon..
Emmaline78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning/afternoon all. Up early for the electrician and it was a good thing 'cause he showed a half hour earlier than scheduled...hoping he found the culprit and it was a shared ground wire with the refrigerator that wasn't able to carry the load. Twas funny in that he thought he may have to get into the outlet on the other side of the wall from the 'fridge so I emptied my cabinet of a ton of stuff to move it but he didn't have to go in that way. I told him I'm cleaning the clutter, so I just have to do that stuff earlier than I planned. It's a mes with stuff all over the dining and living room. Will have to clear some of it today...gives me something to do.

Emmaline, remember when it was County AND Western music? I guess I'm one of the few. Sorry to lose George Strait (sp?) but I guess we're all getting older and closer.

Verleen, I hope you're still monitoring and watching over us and, Lainey, thanks for checking in with her. We all know how difficult the last year has been for her and wish her the best...hugs to you both.

Down Day for me so gotta stay busy or the hungries show up. Hope you all have a great day and enjoy your day, whatever comes.....

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Mary, I was told that she (Verleen)cut all ties and could not post any more or receive post... I assume she also removed her board name and password. I'll mention in a few days when I e-mail her that you had posted that you hoped that she was still montering us. She wished you the best and sent hugs to both of us.
Gardening uptic. Thighs allow no work that involves bending the knees- aow, aaooow! Good thing weed whacking is standing up so I will get a lot of that done and any pruning that I can do standing up or just bending over- was able to do a couple of Nandinis like that. My Mom put in a boat load of those- they are every where and blocking beautiful 50 yr azalias. I am cuttin them down to the ground and may even poison a few of them.
bbl- the rain is now for monday and the following 3 days so I'll garden tomorrow and house work for the next 3 days.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #12

Just quickly reading, so sorry to read about our Verleen Dang it! Darned health problems!

Mary, George JONES passed over, not Strait, but terrible news just the same, we are big country fans, but the "real" country music, not the bubble gum country, shallow country. Glad you got the electric stuff fixed. Your clutter sounds like mine, sister in law gave me "tips" to get rid of it.

Lainey, do you grow gardenias? and Jasmine, or are you to far north?

Waving at the rest of you lovely people, I need to go wash a whole passel of dishes. We did buy a house today, the kids looked at 6 of them, and they just didn't measure up, something major not right with them. So they will press on, but dh is not happy, he is ready to say yes to anything, but it's not smart to do that.......brother and sil gave him the riot act on that.

Take care, I have to run. Be back tonight, Lord willing.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Yep, yep, yep...George Jones...thanks for correcting me...yep, big country & western fan here, too. I'm sure you meant "did not" buy a house today judging from the rest of your note....enjoy your company and will type ya later.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #14

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thank YOU Doris for our kick off today.
Sounds like You are bouncing right back into moving house again. WTGG!
Like that "lil' old ant, dust your self off and start all over again." as ole blue eyes put it, or was that Sammy?

Lainey, I don't think you said anything to upset Verleen. You are way to thoughtful and kind to do that.

I went on the Walk n Talk with the group this morning we are back walking in the park beside the river. The geese were all over the place back from their Winter homes down South. I see one must have decided to stay over in Georgia for the warmer climate Anne.

I went to Costco with DD and DGD so a busy few hours with family too.
The sun was shinning this afternoon up here cool this morning with light rain.
I am working tomorrow and its going to be a warm sunny day...go figure? I guess I can enjoy the early evening when I get home.

Waving to All prayers and positive thoughts for our friends needing them tonight.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #15

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Finally back after a visit home to attend my grandson's Confirmation. I'll tell ya, sitting on a wooden pew in a church really hurt my butt cheek ( still a hematoma ) and my back fracture..OUCH!!!

Lainey, thank you so much for letting us know about our wonderful Verleen. Hopefully she can kick that depression and get back to us. My computer crashed several times and with the reformats ( no real back up here ) So I lost her email and phone number. Please give her mine.
Come to think of it, I lost a lot of them

Anyway, here is a song that is all George Jones:

Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #16

Yep Mary, I'm not thinking clearly lately, we didn't buy, yet, lol.

Thanks for posting the song, Linda, that is usually chosen as the no. 1 country song, on many people's top 10 list!! Sorry you still have such pain though, I can imagine sitting on those hard pews hurting your cheek.

I wondered if you had to work tomorrow, Susan, and it seems the nice weather happens just then, Murphy's Law.

Brother and sis in law helped us pick out which furniture to take and which to give away, and what to toss for sure, lol, they have moved alot, plus moving elderly relatives into assisted living places, so know the "score" better than we do.

It hit 80 degrees here today, yet it was 27 this morning.

Good Night!