Old 04-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Friday, April 26

I guess I will start Friday off.

I saw the podiatrist today for a long ago scheduled maintenance appt, and my ankle is sprained. Grrrr those cats will be the death of me. Every time I stand up, they are walking around my legs hoping to be fed, played with...

LAINEY - about your post Wednesday .....and your ungrateful daughter. It broke my heart. The heck with leaving all to her. She doesn't deserve it. You love kitties and gardens. Why not consider leaving something to an animal shelter or a public garden?

And LOUISE what can I sy except if it is true that a positive attitude and will to live really matter, and many scientists believe they do, you will outlive all of us.

FRIDAY should be interesting. We have these snotty neighbors who have barely cknowledged our existence over the last almost 6 years, and we are invited to a hoity toity gardn tour. They are said to have one of the most beautiful gardens on our island.

Have a good one.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Hi Begete, hope you enjoy that garden tour, and maybe those neighbors will get to know you better and be nicer all of a sudden!!

Lainey, I'm sorry about the way your daughter is treating you, too

I need to go to bed, saying prayers for Louise, Verleen, and boy, alot of us are in need, so everyone, really.

Need to go to bed!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Adding my hugs and prayers for Louise and Verleen...and I concur with Babette in that so many times, positive attitude will make the difference in treatment

It's AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! for me. I guess the house survived the planned outage but blew another outlet tonight so now will have to await the electrician again. It's strange, he was out here last year and replaced an outlet in this circuit...came out this week and replaced another one, same circuit. Now, I've blown another one....there are only four outlets on this circuit (I think) and I wonder why he didn't change them all last year when I first started having problems. He said it has something to do with the ground wire not handling the load...but there's not that much on that circuit...I guess my microwave is causing the problem...but I've had the same one for over three years.

Excuse the whine....just had to get it off my chest and maybe I can now go to bed and get some sleep.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Good morning everyone! Louise, you are such a positive person! We all know that you will be a winner.. You didn't mention your DH. How is he doing?
A garden tour sounds like something I'd like today. We have the perfect weather for it.
Lainey, how nice that you're looking forward to piano lessons. I took lessons for quite a few years as a kid but, honestly, was not very good.
I need to buy a large pot and potting soil to transplant a beautiful plant I've had for 3 years and it needs more room to grow. So, off I go today to find one I like. I keep it on my porch so need something a bit out of the ordinary.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning all on this fine Friday!

Begete, thank you for those kind words and that brilliant sugestion. I swear I never thouht of that. We have a brand new state of the art (po'd a lot of people about so much millions spent) Animal Shelter just 5 mins. away from me and also a Arburtrem - sorry for sorry spelling - just 10 mins. away. You can bet I will be taking meself to both locations very soon. In fact rain Sunday so that would be a great time to go. If my cancer comes back I will sell the jewelry and change the will post haste or maybe even much sooner. I think the real hurtful thing is they would have to update this house to even begin to sell it and she had said she wanted to but I suppose her DH (dreadful husband) coboshed that at each time she would brin it up. He earns about 1/8th of what she does but also I know good and well she could insist if she wanted to she is the big earner- in fact she bought that town house as they would not allow his name on the motage but of course she had his name added after she bought it.
Enough of that nasty subject- "Time to get into my garden and listen while the angels whisper to me".
Have a ball today for at least part of the day if you can- I will!
Elaine

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Good morning all.

Had a great night's sleep last night. Slept so hard I woke up with a stiff back. I'll be fine...sorry to whine.

Today is Maggie's Field Day at school...DD went so I stayed home. Hope to get some weeds cut back in the back yard. I saw some Poison Ivy already in new spots. Hope I don't see any on new spots on me. I can get it if the cat walks through it and I pet her.

We had a duck in the yard yesterday...a huge ole thing. Don't know where it came from...I put some bread out for it and it walked right over it. I will try to post a picture. Maggie had just gone down for a nap, too, so she missed all the excitement. Yes, I said a duck in the front yard was exciting...and yes I do need a life!!!

BBL
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Duck!

Duck.jpg

Well lets see if this works...
Low Tech Annie
Old 04-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

I am supprised Ducky did not chase the "real" duck!
Anne, you never fail to brihten my day wheather I need it or not.
Blessings for every one and our beloved critters and gardens.
Louise, Bob and Verleen are deeply on my mind and in my prayers
e.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

That is exactly what I told DD when I sent her a picture of the duck in the yard...I must have been calling Ducky (the cat) too loud! LoL...
Old 04-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #10

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Lainey, big (((hugs)))) to you.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Lainey - Take a deep breath and sleep on it. I certainly did not mean to suggest that you go change your will immediately. Lawyers are expensive!

But if, in a few weeks, months you feel the same, then perhaps the shelter or arboretum have a fixed way to leave assets to them upon your death, saving some of the costs of lawyers.

No harm in visiting them to see how you feel about them.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pfair143
Stats: 214/?/?
WOE: Pollan: Eat food, mostly plants, not too much
Start Date: 4-14-2013
Am so sorry for those with problems interfering with their LIFE stories. We have wisdom on our side but sometimes it is hard to access when we are in the thick of things.

Got in my walking yesterday and while I had been having some problems with aching knees before, they seem to be getting better. Could be they were just complaining about this big bohunkus they are having to carry around. Maybe I can just out walk off problem. (no pun intended)

Enjoy your day. We will never have this one again.
pfair143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

BOHUNKUS! I am stealin that word from you and will use it at every opertunity! Marvy!!
Thanks PFair... how come this S.C. born gal never heard that one?
Elaine
Old 04-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all...just saw my old chihuahua sitting in a stray sunshine ray; must feel good on her old bones...yep, we have sun this morning after several days of overcast so the low pressure area must be moving out. Nuttin' planned for me for the day, so that mean's I'll really get into trouble some way.

pfair, I'm with you on the aching knees..of course, I've a bit of arthur itis in 'em and they're so bad I started getting the shots a couple of years ago. I truly feel that exercising them make 'em better and I've convinced my doc that the action of driving a stick shift car adds more movement and makes 'em better. Of course, losing almost 50 pounds has certainly helped this bohunkus, too.

Y'all have a good day and I'll bbl after I find out what trouble brings...hmm, that would be a good name for puppy...I know my girls feel that way.

Last edited by Mssarge; 04-26-2013 at 08:46 AM..
Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Emmaline78
Stats: 226/185.8/154
WOE: Low Carbs
Start Date: April 2013
Afternoon Ladies.
Well..at last we have had some decent warm weather here in the UK. Yesterday was in the 22s altho' today has been a lot cooler but still sunny.

Anne..looked more like a goose to me but then I don't want to be splitting hairs with you.. Very beautiful it was anyway. All we get round here is pigeons, pigeons and more pigeons!!

Delighted that this week even tho' I put on 3lb for over indulging last w/e I have now lost that and a wee bit more..

Hope you all have a very good day.
Emmaline78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning gang,will hurry and post while this thing is working.I can't get the I-Pad to accept my pass word,it did before,always something.This puter is shot or should be shot.lol
With all the rain everything is growing,need to cut grass again.
Louise,glad you felt well enough to post,praying ever thing works out for you and Bob.
Lainey,there is that reversed mortgage thing,then you could enjoy your equity.Think you have to be careful with that but it sure don't hurt to look into it.
Soon time to go out and feed.
BBL
Old 04-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
We had close to 30 Ban tail pigeons at the feeders this morning. I think you could say the word is out that we serve gourmet.

Sending warm well wishes to all in need. Lainey you are receiving some great advice. Enjoy your angel whispers that live in your garden.

Looks like Dh is getting the dogs ready so we can head out on a search for farm fresh eggs. I'm always ready for an outing. Have a nice day and I'll be checking back in later.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Lainey - that reverse mortgage thing Gladys suggested may be quite a good idea for you, BUT there are a lot of unscrupulous companies out there, so PLEASE make sure you get legal advice before you do anything.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatehouse View Post
Attachment 49613

Well lets see if this works...
Low Tech Annie
Annie, that duck is a big ole Canada Goose

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back after my outing for the day...no trouble to find, but I did buy a bit more than I wanted at Wally World...decided to plant the squash in a pot, so picked up a couple of large pots and a biiiiiiiiiiigggggggggg bag of potting mix. Now I've just got to find a way to get it in the patio. Sigh! I hate this growing older and weaker....but as we say, it's better than the alternative.

Went to Denny's for breakfast and had a great omelet...bacon, avocado, grilled onions, peppers and mushrooms. The old man did not like Denny's but it's the closest restaurant to me and I used to like 'em so decided to try it and loved it. Will be back, fershure!

Question...have you ever been turned off by the atmosphere of a restaurant? I love Chili's and we now have two in town. I've frequented the old one and love it but the new one seems cold and, I swear, the menu is different. Been in there once and will never go back. Doris, I love your mention of Mel's Diner as there is one in Valley Springs, near my brother, and every time you mention it, I have fond memories of breakfast at Mel's Diner with the brudder and his wife. sigh!

Electrician will be out in the morning and is replacing all the outlets on the troubling circuit and is even going to replace the circuit breakers. I know if they're tripped a few times it weakens them and will trip sooner than if they don't. At least he's taking care of the problem....wish he had done it last year when I first started having problems with the kitchen circuit...after all, I would think that it draws the most current what with all the appliances there. Oh well, thank goodness, I'm no longer dealing with electricity. I love calling the owner to come out and fix things when they go wrong.

Hope your day went well and you have exciting plans for the weekend. Mine will be to stay cool....we're going up to the mid-90's so it's a good time to spend on the patio...hot tub fershure tonight...hugs around

Last edited by Mssarge; 04-26-2013 at 03:51 PM..
Old 04-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #21

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Putting my toe in the door. Thank You again Babette for our push out the door this morning and all the very helpful advice.

Prayers and Hugs for our friends needing them.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #22

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug_H View Post
Annie, that duck is a big ole Canada Goose

Doug
Yup, a big ol Canada Goose. They are a HUGE problem and nuisance around here.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

What is that Big ole Canadian Goose doing in Middle Georgia??

Duck or Goose...I can't tell them apart so thanks...

Anne