LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Sunday, April 21 Roll Call

Just starting us off for Sunday. Wishing you all a good day.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #2

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Now That's pretty funny, Linda!! lol I haven't gotten many of those anymore lately, but it used to happen all the time, ha ha ha!!!

Begete, I would be frantic too, worrying about your son's depression, doggone it, can't talk it away, or medicate it, etc. and you arn't there to see how daily life goes. It must be like having your hands tied together........

Mary, glad the electrician called to let you know when he can come, so you don't sit there, I hate waiting for tech people to arrive.

The "House Lookers" are making an offer, so we will go in to the realtors office on Sunday to see what it is and so forth, see if it goes or not.

It was over 70 degrees today, a virtual "heat wave" for us, and the Oregon Grape shrubs are all blooming and smelling so strong, gives you a headache, lol, and lots of bumblebees. Crabapples are just opening up, too.

Have a good Sunday, if you are able to. Sharon, you must be having good weather, hope you can enjoy it! Some of the rest of us have Winter still breathing down their necks.

"Be Your OWN Inspiration!"

Calories IN, Calories OUT, old fashioned but True...
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:57 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Just a check in! Aaunt Jane woke me up or I would still be asleep.
Begete and John, my heart oes out to you both. I know it is a worn out truism but time is the only hope for grief. For me the hardest part was the inertia of despair. Prozac helped but then a full year was difficult to get off them.
God Bless and keep you three close.
Elaine
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Good morning all,

The wedding was just beautiful yesterday. It was an outside wedding at the Arthur M Blank Family Foundation. It was the prettiest wedding venue I've seen outside a church. Just beautiful. It all went well and we had a great time. Dinner was a true southern affair with fried green tomatoes, macaroni and cheese, fried chicken, BBQ pork and shrimp and grits, squash casserole. Big beautiful biscuits that were quite a disappointment...dry dry dry. But they were very pretty!

I'm resting today. Always tires me out driving in traffic and it was brutal yesterday.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pfair143
Stats: 214/?/?
WOE: Pollan: Eat food, mostly plants, not too much
Start Date: 4-14-2013
Hey, jumping in here today. Been a lurker for a long while. Been on and off LC and am back because it is the only thing that works for me. I am 63 and at my all time high of 214. This is my 7th day of LC and am appreciating the no-hunger no-pains. Thanks in advance for the motivation to continue.
pfair143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi PFair

Just remember that # is temporary. I am combining low carb with JUDDD... works for me as I am basically a child mentality so one day off and one day on suits me well. Just remember the off (UP) day cannot go over 1200 cals. The 500 cal. on (DOWN) day is so very doable but I sure did not believe that- lots of fluids helps. Check out the site just to see what you think.
Good Luck!
Elaine

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 04-21-2013 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: greet PFair
Old 04-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Good morning, We've had the best weather here lately. It's been just lovely yesterday got into the 90's but with a light breeze to keep you from being too uncomfortable.

It's turkey season here so Dh's brother got his and shared with him. We had our share roasted yesterday. It was so good.

I'm so sorry for your son Gabe, Babette. It will take time for him to readjust his life to normalcy again. The path of grieving is a personal one but so trying for others who love him.

We will definitely be going to our farmers market this morning. I'm so glad we have a couple of them at different parts of our area on the weekend. Missed yesterdays. Better get my butt out of this chair and get ready. Cya later.

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 04-21-2013 at 08:16 AM..
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning.

Thanx for the kind words. Off to my volunteer job as garden "greeter" and then home to change litter boxes. Got zero sleep last night, despite several glasses of wine at the party yesterday.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...sunny and warm in SoCal, of course. Supposed to be cooling off again as the high moves out of the area. Did the hot tub last night and it felt oh so good on the achy back, but it is too cool at 94 degrees so hope the tech can do something about the heat when he comes on Wednesday. Nothing going on for me on this beautiful Sunday, just NASCAR this morning, and then I'll pick up some things...loved the idea but keep forgetting about the "nines."

Have a good one, folks,
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #10

Sharon, how long did the skylight take to put in, did they work faster than you thought? At least you can enjoy it immediately, sunny weather,

Mary, enjoy your car race on television, do you have a large screen tv?

Begete, will you have time for a nap this afternoon?

Hi Lainey, do you have PT tomorrow or Tuesday?

Linda, I imagine you are visiting in the other town today.

Anne, today you can rest after yesterday's excitement, did you see relatives at the wedding, too?

Hi to the rest of our usual crew members, and welcome to pfair..........we have been doing whatever plan we like at the moment here for years, ain't any of them "perfect" even yet though, so we commisserate with you, ups and downs, and so it goes.

We sold our house, it goes into escrow tomorrow, never even got to officially put it up. Local couple bought it, so they know all about the snow, ice, and so on.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Doris! Wow!! Most people have to wait and wait to sell. What a lucky break for you both. Congrats for the sale...and next will be the big purchase. When will you have to be out?
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
BRAVO, Doris. Well done. That is the fastest sale I have ever heard of.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pfair143
Stats: 214/?/?
WOE: Pollan: Eat food, mostly plants, not too much
Start Date: 4-14-2013
Thanks for the welcome. My personality is that I can't get bogged down by numbers, calories, counting, recording, charting etc. Sounds like a failure already I know but I get overwhelmed by details. I've been on LC before and as long as I don't eat sugar the rest is easy. Such an easy sentence to write but hard to do. Looking forward to reading about all of our accomplishments.
pfair143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #14

Thanks, lol, we were surprised, too. If it all works out, we should be out of here by sometime in June. Now it's just the "details"
Old 04-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I have to agree on the fastest sale in history! That is just wonderful for you both, Doris.

Our skylight was installed in about 3 hours. He came at 9 and was through by lunchtime.

We had fun at the farmer's market this morning. I got my cage free natural eggs, a couple of flat leaf parsley plants for our patio, some large strawberries, homemade artichoke pesto and a large bag of mixed greens.

I'm still flabbergasted on your house selling so fast!!
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #16

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/152.8/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Congrats Doris!Hope that house offer goes smoothly for you and your DH You certainly deserve a stroke of Luck. Just amazing!
Now pass some of that luck onto DD as she has her home up for sale right now. Lookers there today.

Babette, so true, grieving all takes time and it is so personal. Can he mix with others that have recently lost a loved one? There is no set time and everyone deals with it in their own way. Does he see his family dr?

Anne, Your Wedding sounds interesting and really Southern. How fun for you.

Linda, your sign is funny re FB. I recently joined so I haven't experienced that yet. I did get one request for Candy Crush from a relative in England. How do you dump FB friends? Can you do that?

Hi Julie, Are you warming up down there now?
Thinking of you at this time.

Sharon, how wonderful to get such a catch at the farmers market. I can't wait until ours start up again after the long Winter.
Did you take any pics of your skylight yet?

pfair :newbie: Lainey is right that number is temporary. WE all do what works for us.

Sun was out all day with a clear blue sky. I am one happy camper today.

Waving to All and hope to bbt...
Old 04-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #17

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Wow Doris and a huge congratulations on the rapid sale. Good going.

Susan, LOL there is a way to disable the apps and game requests from people on Facebook just follow this.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Congrats, Doris, that is absolutely wonderful, so hoping that all goes well with both escrows. Of course, with the sale going so fast, it just means that you'll have to clear up the clutter quicker and start getting ready for the move. I know you've been in the current house for a long time and many memories will be shaking you up...so when it does, take a deep breath and dig a little deeper...the move is wonderful for both you and the DH. Good luck, hon.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #19

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/152.8/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Wow! Thanks Mary on that prompt reply.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #20

Well, Mary, I swear, you must be peeking in our windows, lol lol !! What you say is Exactly what is going on in here, and Linda also knows how this is going, between my husband and old "collector" me But we are working it out, mostly because the people who looked through the house, also enjoyed the "old stuff" in here. Thanks for all the nice comments and good wishes, we do hope it all goes well and smoothly, since there is time for a wrench to be thrown in the works.

Susan, I wish sincerely, that your daughter sells her home in good time, also. This seems to be a good time, before school lets out, because some people hope to move during the summer.

I wonder how Verleen is doing, with the Victorian and hoping that Cathy is going to be happy with all the changes being made.

Sharon, now that is fast, for the skylight, I remember when friends had one installed, and it took several days, most of all to get the correct flashing placed on it, to prevent leaks. But that was a long time ago, now, they must have it all down to a science.

Boy, it is such a nice day, you can hear motorcycles up on the road, this highway is one of the more scenic routes for the groups to take their weekend rides. Also, there was a group of old Model A's that were all in a row, traveling yesterday, as we returned from the larger town, and they parked on the Main street in Greenville, and everyone took pictures of them parked in front of the old buildings. They were heading up to Lassen Park.

Back to the tossing.............shall I keep art work of my 38 yr. old son from when he was in preschool?? hmm?? lol
Old 04-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
Good evening Ladies. Hope you sleep well tonight. I went to bed late and got up at 5:30 this morning, so been a long and busy and great day. My 7 year old grandson spent the night with me last night. It can be a challenge, but I enjoy spending time with them. He is all boy. Too much so sometimes.

Doris, congratulations on finding a buyer so quickly. My daughters mother in law bought the house in front of me right after I bought this one. But she did not buy it to live in. She bought it for the youth pastor at church to live in. That was 2 years ago last 30 march. At Christmas, they were with us and then moved the following week to another church in Statesville. She had not even had anyone to go inside to look at it yet. . I did look at it before i bought this one, but did not buy it because I figured this one is smaller and cheaper to heat and cool. And I hated the bathroom in the Master bedroom over there. It is smaller than my hall bathroom here. And the bathroom in my bedroom is over twice as big. And I have been happy here. I have a couple of challenges, but have as much room as one person needs and plenty of room for me. Hope your move is painless and you enjoy your new home.

Dylan and I got up and I fixed us some steak for breakfast. Then we got dressed and went to his moms and all of us went to church. After we went home and changed and had a bite to eat, we went to Raleigh. The Wral tv has a beautiful azealea garden. I think there are 64 varieties. And I saw the most beautfiul orange tree. When we got close to it, it was really a tree of honeysuckle. Or atleast they look and smell like honeysuckle but I pull the thing out and did not get any honey, so dont know. I am not sick so dont think it was poison. Then Amy took one picture of the kids and Dylan looked up and saw the water fountain and he was so ready to go to see it. Madison was draging a little so I we ahead with him. Since we had been walking about an hour or so, I sat down on the bench and pulled my pants up to get a little sun on my legs. When Amy and Maddy caught up, she sat down with me and the kids played in the water. We were in the mid to upper 60's today. It was cold and hot all at the same time. Before we knew it, Dylan could stand it no longer and he was wet from head to toe. It was time to go and he was not getting in my car like that, so I had the clothes I had worn to church. I got the slinky black shirt out and he stripped down and put it on. no shoes, no undies, just my slinky top. Then he had to go potty. I was trying to find somewhere to pull off the road so he could just get out and do it but we came upon a kangeroo station so we stopped there. All of us got something to drink, and they had this diet verion of a mango icee. I was not so sore it would be good so I got half that and then the other half was diet pepsi. That mango was so good. I wish I had gotten it in the whole cup. Some how someone had managed to lock the child lock on the back door of my car, and since a deer had hit me and got his horn stuck in the door handle and pulled it off, it may never open again. He did not do a lot of damage other that the door handle and breaking my rear view mirror on that side of the car. I only saw him a second and only 1 brown eye and one brown nose. I thought it was actually a cow. But the people behind me saw it and stopped to see if I was okay and told me it was a deer. Oh the joys of country life. I grew up in the town but have been convented to the country way since I was 21. I still love town. I love the town my daughter lives in. She is within walking distance of everything. Right by the middle school, 2 blocks from the police and post office and Piggly Wiggly grocery and gas station and a bank. You can walk for business or for pleasure. The kids can ride their bikes on the side walk. There is a train track right thru town. They live on the other side of the track, but moving to the highway side so they wont have to stop for the train. I have not had to stop but once and that was the first night I was going to spend the night after work. Michael was home, but he goes to work at 6 am and they dont go to school til around 7:30.

When I got home today, my son in law and grandson were cutting the grass over at Barbaras home. They had already cut mine. And had to put some fix a flat in my tire cause it was flat last Sunday when we were going to cut the grass. Then I was in the bedroom packing up some winter stuff and my older daughter came in. So got to see the whole family today. But it is about over and even thought it is only 9:30, I think I am going to bed.

Good night every one and sleep tight. evon
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Wow Doris,that's great.Will give you a big chunk of money to put down on the house and cut your payments also.
Went to a baby shower for DGD this afternoon,I hate showers but for one of my babies I'll do anything.
DH fixed some of the wire on a door so got one more opened in the bird barn.Thing start falling apart in over 11 years of use.
BBL
birdlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

showing my face only.
dr. appt. change P.T. to another day. and so on and so forth.
this board is on the "move"- not meeeee!
yes! Verleen, you are missed. we worry!
elaine

dern! put this on the wrong day.