Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
You would have bet right, Begete!
Thanks for starting this Friday out for us...... I like that bee!

Hoping to hear from some of our friends who haven't posted lately.

I gotta hit the sack, see yah Friday morning.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
I worked outside today for a couple of hours between raindrops. The weeds LOVE this weather. Friday, we await the plumber to see if she can attach new fixtures to our old tub.

If she finishes early enough we will head to the mainland so I can get my glasses fixed.

Have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning Begete, Doris and those to come in.

Feeling fine this morning so needed the rest I suppose.
The storm slowed down and now is due in toniht- whenever I say- lucky me.
So another hot day (anything over 70 is hot to me) today and a real cool down for the week ahead- yeaaa! I'll be inspired by Begete and pull wet weeds between the rain drops.
Coffee is almost gone and so am I.
Elaine
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:42 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Good morning all,

The installer just called and my oven is on its way. YAY! I am so spoiled to having an oven. I have a microwave, of course, but not everything can go that route.

Maggie has a field trip today. She and her mother are going to the strawberry patch. I hope I get some fresh strawberries. I know I sound like a Scrooge but I sure am glad I don't have to go to this one.

Hope you all have a great day.

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Why do I even check the weather- now the storms are for monday- super cool down though.
e.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Nice and sunny,cool also.Had bad storm last night.
Not much happening around here,just the normal everyday stuff.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...expecting the pest control folks this morning...gophers in the front and ground squirrels all over the back yard. Sure hope the puppy, who is a digger, doesn't find the stuff. It's been a long time since I had a dog that was a digger, but with my back yard it doesn't matter at all, at all.

It's a fast day for me but I've no plans to do anything which will make the day longer...I'm sure I'll find some trouble to get into. Hope you all have a good day....

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #9

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
.Lots of rain here last night but no damaging winds.

Chilly today and back in the 40s with a cold night on the way tonight with some frost maybe. I think it won't hurt my spinach or swiss chard in the garden.

Hi and all around.

he is kind of cute.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #10

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Checking in to say hi to everyone. Glued to the TV news while I do laundry. One more to go.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glued here, too. even tho' I'm going absolutely crazy...made my second cup of coffee and the electrical outlets in the kitchen went dead...checked all the circuit breakers and even moved the Kreuger to another outlet to make sure it wasn't the culprit...nope! Cannot figure this one out...so called and the electrician is coming out sometime this weekend. What makes it even more curious is I thought the outlet across the room which is working was on the same circuit...ghosts in the circuits, I guess. Also, the electrician said I should have a GFI (the little doohickey in the circuit that cuts it off when it gets too nervous) both in the kitchen and the garage...no such doohickey, only in the bathrooms....hmmm?

Still haven't seen the pest control folks...was hoping they'd get here early, but I guess it's not to be...

So, other than that Mrs. Ford..... ? How is your day going?

Last edited by Mssarge; 04-19-2013 at 11:11 AM..
Old 04-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
My new oven is in!! YaY...it is pretty and now I'll have to cook something!!

We had a terrible storm earlier but it is over I think. Just rain now.

Tomorrow I go to a wedding in Atlanta...it'll be fun.

TTYL
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Hi all, not much new here.

This area has been pestered by grasshoppers the last couple weeks. Driving everyone crazy. So far they haven't eaten the garden or flowers, just pesty.

Picked our first tomatoes a couple days ago, onions and beets are looking good. Ate the last of the radishes a few days ago.
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pest control finally showed up so I was able to open the doggie door and let the tail-waggers out...then I ran to Wally World for a freezer thermometer and found some wire baskets for it too, to help keep the stuff sorted. My tail is dragging now, almost three miles on the pedometer and the knees are barking again. No nasturtiums available in any of the nurseries, so the seeds went in. I did pick up some marigolds, tho', hoping they'll add a deterrent to the tasty plants.

Doug, of course I'm jealous of you already plucking tomatoes...shame it's already too warm for the radishes...I'll be lucky to get some tomatoes next month, but they'll be worth it. That's a lot better than our friends back east and up north, they won't have 'maters for quite some time.

Hope your day was good and good things came your way....
Old 04-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #15

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Doug, I've been wondering where you were, but it sounds as though you are squishing grasshoppers outside, keeping them off of your plants........it must be your areas "time" for those. We get them during summer, but not every year, the kids used to go out and do them in, but birds also enjoyed them.

Mary, hope you get your circuits in order, pronto. That's a bummer to have.

My dh spent several hours burning stuff, mostly from the garage, but I filled up bags from in here. Found a bunch of geneaolgy stuff that I was missing, and picture cd's. And recipes from when I first came on this board, and looking for that one magic recipe that would taste good and have no calories, fat or carbs, LOL!! I was still a dreamer back then Threw them all away.

People coming tomorrow at 11 AM to see the house, so dh and I have to scram, will drive over to the larger town, and run an errand, to pass the time, nothing else to do around here.

Loretta, maybe the cold will help the spinach and chard!!

Glad Anne got that oven in, wish I had a wall oven, so much easier to clean standing up, if you know what I mean.

Good Night.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
Good evening ladies. I dont post very much because when I get around to it, I feel like it is too late to post. I have been sticking to atkins, and guess I did well. I lost 18 pounds in the last month. I am getting a little bored with it so venturing out a little. But my body really does not like carbs. I had a salad and steak last night for dinner, and was up 3 lb when I got up this morning. But when I got to the doctor, she weighed me at a lb less than mine did. That is unusual. We are getting tornado warning and the rain just got here. I have on a dress because it was warm this morning. Then read it was to cook off and low of 50 so I brought pants and top, but not changed into them yet. The wind has blown hard all day. I was supposed to have a physical yesterday and the doctor called in sick. So I did go on in and got the mamogram over with and got the blood drawn so all I have to have is the bone density and ekg and pap now. And she should have the blood work back by then. I planted some bush beans in the house 2 weeks ago and they are almost big enough to start bearing. Got to get them out side, but with thsi cold, dont want to rush it. Got squash and cukes coming up too and some turnips. I started using the coconut oil in the coffee and I feel lots better. Maybe it is that or maybe it is just because we are into warmer weather. Hope it clears so we can go to yard sales tomorrow.

Loretta I love the pansies. I love 4:00s too but they dont like my yard. So I am starting them in a pot. But they never come up til may. And by the end of june, they will be 6 ft tall and covered with blooms.

Anne, glad you got your new oven. I dont use mine a lot but nice to have when you want to use it.

Mary you are quite right. Unusual for us to get maters before july. I bought 2 hanging planters. The ones in the ground have not worked for me over here. I wonder if it is because of the fire ants. I bought some stuff to kill them but when we went out to do it on Sunday, I had a flat on the mower. And now all this rain that has threatened all week.

Linda that sign says it all. I used to hear people say it was terrible that gas was cheaper than milk. Then gas went way up and now milk is following. I am not much of a wine drinker. I do like the coffee with the coconut oil and some chocolate protein and a little sweetner throwed in. Taste like a mounds bar.

Mary I have that same problem. First time was last summer, or maybe the one before, and it was fine. Until 2 days ago. I went home from shopping and computer and all were off so I remembered that dohickey and went and pushed it in. Then came to work and when I got home, it was off again. But nothing in fridge as thawed. Now I am nervous to leave home.

Doris, I loved that house. Are you getting excited? Have you got a nibble on yours yet? My daughters mother in law owns the one across from me. She bought it so she could rent it to the youth pastor. He got another job and had to leave so she has it up for sale. And nobody has been in it. I looked at it before I bought mine but hated the bathroom in the main bedroom. It was way too small. But I love the wrap around deck.

Got to get back to work. Less than an hour to go. Have a great weekend.

Evon
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #17

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Just getting here, whew life gets busy sometimes. Yes Doris I love that little bee too.

Thanks to Doris and Babette for starting our thread.

Love your Spring time Avi Doris and Loretta.

Anne, Love Maggies hair do, such lovely thick hair.

I just watched ' Hyde Park on the Hudson,' glad I didn't pay for that at the movies. It was too slow going for my taste. Oh my what a boy FDR was.

Waving to All hope everyone is staying high and dry.
SuSUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Helloooo I am so beat from the P.T.

It is that Good tired out thouh.

That big storm that has been crawling across the country is due here in an hour and out to the ocean by 3: am. There were tornado warnings in some near by towns but they are all canceled now. Ms. Lady SuSun and Aaunt Jane are snuggeled on my very old Hope (less) Chest on top of piles of clothes. I know, I know- I'll get to it soon. They slept while I dozed a little while when I got home.
Loving all the post and the new ladies and the cutie Bee
bbt