LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Wednesday, April 17

I guess I'll start us off for Wednesday with a photo I took today of my boys. This is why I get nothing done. I bring up the clean clothes, fresh out of the dryer and they jump in and take a nap and look very irritated when I wake them to try to put the clothes away.

Have a great day.

Begete is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
HAHA! They're so cute. Looks like they are completely taking over there domaine. Thanks for the start off Begete.

I like the new little bee.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
That is a great picture, Begete!!!

Sharon, I like the "new bee", too, but apparently the "newbies" don't, lol. This time of year brings them all out, until Memorial weekend.

Have a good night, I need to get to bed and rest up my ankle and read, want to finish the new Reminisce that arrived yesterday
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:31 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning gang,
how is everyone this warm morning.It's 74 this early.
Cooking C.'s biscuits for him,he is still asleep.
Day light is just breaking so I best go feed the cats,C. saw a new kitten but I have not yet.
No new kitten just the gang of four this morning.
Miya is not doing well,no more treatments and much suffering.DD went to see her yesterday.My heart is breaking for her and her family.For those who don't remember she is my niece's granddaughter,she just turned 15 and has cancer.
BBL
Old 04-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Busy day today so I'm sticking my foot in the door.

Hugs to everyone...whether you need one or not!!

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Gladys, I am so sad hearing the latest on Miya. Breaks my heart...
Begete, those kitties are just adorable.
Doris, what happened to your ankle?
I had a weird night. I don't even know what time I fell asleep. It must've been about one a.m., when the loud t.v. woke me and I do remember turning the sound lower. (Why didn't I shut it off then??) At about 3 a.m., I woke again...the t.v. was still on and the lamp was still on. Shut both and went back to sleep. How could I sleep through all that!!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Hello to all- slept in and now will chase my tail all day.

Gladys, my heart breaks for Miya so G*d must be very close to her and her family... I have been told that G*d stays very close to the broken hearted.
Oh Begete, those boys are just "Darling" and surly you can find something else to do while they rest. The lighter one looks like a movie star and in fact they both do... how about "Autographs" cards for "Milky Way" & "Honey Bear" or M.W. and H.B. for short! I like plain "Milk" & "Honey".... you gotta name those two cowboys soon.
Mary, I am guessin a "W" is a win? It was meself that loves JUDDD I tell by Up is even number days and D is odd. I will use the day after my last P.T. to begin again because doing the exercises on my own is crucial. I did not gain and even lost more since I last did JUDDD but i'll start official with weigh in come the day after last day of P.T.
OPPS, I forgot to take my colon & thyroid pills this mornin- see what I mean about tail chaseing.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning/afternoon, whichever is right for you. Hard time going to sleep last night, then woke up a few times and, of course, couldn't sleep this morning....oh well, such days come along. I even had a few leg cramps last night, not bad twinges, but just enough to let me know about 'em. I do take the magnesium and since starting the regime have had them infrequently...will definitely pick up some quinine water and see if that helps...come to think of it, I probably slacked off yesterday on my fluid intake which is probably the cause.

Did I mention recently that I bought a freezer? They're delivering it today...now my poor fridge's freezer will be able to breath as it is quite stuffed. I went to Lowe's the DIY store, as they have free delivery and discovered they give a 10% discount to veterans, well, retired ones anyway. They asked for I.D. when I pulled out the credit card and the military one is the handiest so that's how I discovered it....they were great and now I'm waiting for the delivery...why do they always give you such a wide time span? Now I'm going to have to put the restraints on as of course stuff expands to fill the available space.

Of course we remember Miya and always have her in our hearts...if I remember correctly her friend also had the cancer. Sorry to hear she's getting worse.

Lainey, glad to hear that you're still losing a bit. How much longer do you have PT? I'm not starting until May sometime, gotta get with the therapist to start working me in to his schedule...thanks for the reminder. An yep, I booked a nice win yesterday; sometimes Fortuna smiles on us.

Hope you all have a great hump day...my week has turned into a very busy one. Today it's the freezer coming, tomorrow back to ortho for the left knee shot, and Friday the pest control folks are coming out to control the ground squirrels and gophers..it's Spring so the critters come out. Come to think of it, it's been a long while since I last sniffed the overnight perfume of the woods *****...hmmm, wonder if they've finally controlled those critters.

....ooopd, must have used one of the verboten words...sorry. Who knew it was? You know, of course, I mean skunks. We used to have that perfume wafting through the place every night.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 04-17-2013 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: comment
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gladys, I am so sorry for Miya and her family. Having just gone thru this with our DIL last Novemeber, I really do understand how painful this is for your family.

I guess I must have some good Karma heading my way for not strangling the boys at 4 am when we heard a crash coming from the living room and found that they had knocked the container with my Xmas amaryllises off the window sill and all over the living room floor, because I was down this morning again on the scale.

I am wondering about calories and LC. When I first did LC 10 years ago, I lost a lot of weight in a year. This time I am noticing that "just" LCing isn't doing the trick on its own. I am using ****** so I see how many calories as well as how many carbs I am eating in a day. I think protein fills you up more so you do not feel as hungry and THAT is what enables you to consume fewer calories than if you eat carbs. Because when I eat a LOT of LC food, I just do not lose weight.

Anyhow, came across this on Facebook and wanted to give you all a giggle.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Emmaline78
Stats: 226/185.8/154
WOE: Low Carbs
Start Date: April 2013
First time signing in folks.

Not sure how this works so suffice to say that today is not a good one for me. Really don't think this low carbing is suiting me at all. Changed over from Calorie counting in the hopes of helping my weight loss which it did for a while but now have no appetite and feel quite queezy all the time...
I also have a bad pain in my head which is driving me bananas. I now have my Tens machine attached to my neck in the hopes of waylaying it but up to now it's not really having any effect.
Sorry that's a bit of a moan but thanks for listening anyway..

Last edited by Emmaline78; 04-17-2013 at 09:43 AM..
Emmaline78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #11

I too am so sorry for Miya, and hoping her suffering can be eased somehow. Gladys, sending cyber hugs to you and your family, too.

Mary, how nice, a real freezer, hope it gets delivered in due time.

Begete, your operative words are, "10 years ago", what worked then doesn't mean it will work now, your whole body has changed, metabolism is different, we can't go by what happened years ago, I sure notice that myself.

Emmaline, if you arn't satisfied, no eating plan will work, can you visit a dietitian who sees you and knows your health concerns? We can really only commisserate with words.........are you able to exercise at all? That makes a difference too.

Waving at the rest of you, I have a heavy sinus headache that is bugging me right now.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Babette, I can certainly empathize with you as I felt the same way...the first time I went Atkins I lost weight easily ('85)...even the second time ten years later ('95). Then I started the "lose five or ten, find it again" routine...mostly gaining...of course I "allowed" myself to put on weight when I stopped smoking and never lost it again until my current woe. I read many years ago there was a "golden window" when you first treat your body to the LC woe that you never see again...but, of course, Doris is correct...out bodies are not the same as they were when we were younger, it's much harder to take it off now. sending lots of hugs as we've been there and can certainly appreciate your efforts....keep it up, you can do it.

Emmaline, You can always come here to moan and rant...we're a tolerant group...sending to you and hope you're feeling better soon.

Doris, to you as well..hate those sinus headaches and this is the time of the year for them, isn't it...love Spring, but hate the pollen...hope you're feeling better soon.

Still waiting for the freezer but getting some more sorting of stuff here. It's so nice to have space in my garage now. You have no idea how much we had in there and how empty it is now. I have a staging area for more stuff to leave the house....

Any idea for companion planting? Other than nasturtiums with tomatoes? My stevia plant made it through the winter, but something loves it and is nibbling it to shreds. I've seeds for nasturtiums but don't know if the nurseries have it in stock yet and I need something now.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoopee!!! they didn't take all day to get it to me...they came right after noon, and an additional whoopee because as we were uncrating it, my recycling trash truck was coming down the road and we were able to load the box onto the truck. Hate to have that type of stuff around telling the world of something new....anyway, I've got it set up and cooling down and will be able to start loading it about 5 p.m....whoopee!!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Mary you have now got extra food loading room. Do you have your freezer in the nice no clutter garage?

I had fun making Maria Emmerich's flax waffles this morning. Just love them and I even have enough for Dh and I's breakfast in the morning.

The wind has come up again this afternoon but temps got as high as in the 80's before it started up. We found some bush beans in seed packets and planted them in our garden. That will be something different for this season.

is going out to your Miya Gladys. So sorry to hear she is getting worse.

Sending to the ones in need. Good to see you over here Emmaline

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Mary and others interested in Veggie gardening: I started a thread on this and answered Mary's question about companion planting.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:48 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Kneesareback.. I don't understand your comments.. I didn't say I wasn't satisfied with what I am eating it is that I have lost my appetite since being on a low carb diet which is very unusual for me. I did visit a dietician at the hospital but after looking at my diet diary she just told me not to bother to lose weight any more .. can you believe that!! As for exercise I do as much as I can but am somewhat disabled with spinabifida although I do manage to go swimming once a week for 30mins or so.
.. and I have to add that I do find your reply rather curt.

Mssarge .. Thankyou for the welcome. I did used to have an allotment some many moons ago and I did the companion planting with great success too. Plus growing your own veg is fantastic, nothing compares does it?

Shalbrihil.. Love the pic.. that sums me up .. and thanks for those kind words.

Did have a very bad day yesterday and developed a bad pain in the back of my head. Went to A&E as I couldn't bare it any longer. They said it wasn't anything serious and sent me home and I found that having had my fears put to rest I did feel a lot better. Nausea has gone too thank goodness. Decided I will stay with low carbing for a while in the hopes of losing a few more pounds... can but only try!

Hope you all have a very pleasant day.

Last edited by Emmaline78; 04-18-2013 at 04:49 AM..
Old 04-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #17

Emmaline, curtness has nothing to do with it. You have medical issues that can contribute to your not feeling well, so it might be different for you to diet in any way at all. So posting on a public board might not be pleasant to you. My advice was not meant to be hurtful at all, didn't think anyone would feel badly after reading it. Ponder awhile, my dear. Forgive me if you had your feelings hurt, and I'll forgive your demeaner, too.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Thankyou Doris. I think I misread your post as I am not feeling at all well at the moment. Went to A&E last night to have my head examined as I have a very bad pain in the back of my skull. The doc said it was nothing serious but it was worrying me.
Thankfully feeling much better today.

My heartfelt wishes to you all.