LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/151.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Sunday already? Thank You Linda for our start, love your little blue cart in your Avi.

Thank you Doris and Mary for your kind words.

Hope to bbt...
SuSUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good morning,

Have a few leftover tasks from yesterday and a few new ones too. The plan is to get to the gym, do some cleaning in the kitchen, then go to the container store, and the dog park.

Anne, I watched another Midsomer mystery last night. It had been a long time since I watched one; I forgot how much I enjoyed them.

Doris, I was wondering if your son who lives in California has a storage facility near them. You could store your 'extra' dishes there and once you get to Texas, if you still want them, he could ship them to you. If you decide you don't want them, he can decide to keep them or give them away.

Julie, It was good to see your post. I've missed seeing you on the board. I'm glad you had such a nice visit recently from your son and that he was able to help out around the house.

Waving to everyone else - BBL,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Hello to everyone. A quick post for now.

Sendin SuSun some kind wishes to help with her sadness. Birthdays are very sad for me because it really was just their happy for them alone.
Need to get back to the weed whacking as it was a slow go yesterday. Need to pick up some speed. Planning to pick up some plants to put in tomorrow.
Elaine

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 04-14-2013 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: typo correction
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Good morning,

Yes, Michele, I love Midsomer Murders. I was afraid they would lose me when the on Barnaby retired. But I have to say I like the replacement Barnaby just as well.

Doris, there is a place called Replacements, LTD that might buy your dishes. I know they are always contacting me with pieces from my grandmother's set as they get some in. I bought a replacement plate from them years ago.

Did a lot of work on the outside yesterday and slept very late today. I was physically tired. Not just mentally exhausted! Makes a big difference. But all that nasty pollen is gone.

Have a great day everyone. Lainey, Ducky's tummy was kissed!

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you Anne. I can picture that so easily.
Elaine
Old 04-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning.

Doris - keep the things you would really miss. I have stuff I don't use very often, but they have some memory attached to them....Glad I shippped them out here.

Off to my garden volunteer duty this morning. Have a good one.

Forgot to say I am somewhat dissappointed that at the end of week 3 I am down only slightly over 4 pounds.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...Sunday morning again? My how the time do fly. Got my coffee and my crossword puzzle and it's an Up day...all's right with the world. NASCAR ran last night, so not much to do at all....maybe I'll get some cleaning done...realized yesterday my sock drawer is a terrible mess and I couldn't find the shoes I wanted to wear yesterday to the tea.

Babette, four pounds in three weeks is pretty good at our age...the weight comes off very slowly and you can be sure that it's not just water weight. Good for you, take it slow and easy and you'll be rewarded.

I was surprised to see the Snoquamish (sp?) pass on the news last night...what a storm for so late in the season. Or is that normal?

Hope everyone has a good day today and will find some happiness hiding in the corners..

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #9

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Begete, this happens to you every time you go on induction, just keep on doing what you are doing, don't stop now.

Linda, I hope the new tv works well and lasts a long time, did you put it on the wall? I'd like to try doing that.

Michele, what do you do at the container store, is it cheap? I've seen the store, but wondered if it's too pricey

Anne, I've looked on the Replacements web site, but to buy, not to sell, lol.

Hello Susan, are you working today?

Mary, there is a tv show on Natl. Geographic channel that shows that Pass, it's just awful, one of the worst highways in the world, and gets closed often.

So tummy and veggies is baby talk, lol. I had no idea. I just use them because it's faster. Baby talk seems to be only for pets then, I hear seniors talk that way to their pets all the time, never even crossed my mind.

Butt going back on the bike.

Some kind of storm is coming, bringing winds and supposedly snow, so there would go the pretty Daffodils, and feel sorry for the Sandhill Cranes and wood ducks out there nesting now.

Good Day! Do what you can, and forget the rest.

"Be Your OWN Inspiration!"

Calories IN, Calories OUT, old fashioned but True...
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/154/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Good afternoon friends. Another bleak day here in the Adirondacks. We have been receiving more than our share of rain.

Oops, I have to run. Company is at the door.

I wish everyone a peaceful day today.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning.
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #12

Hi Gladys, how is Clarence doing?
Old 04-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Doris, The items are reasonably priced. But, what is expensive is that you want to buy way more than what you went in the store in the first place!
Old 04-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
There is a severe tornado warning for the area just south of me...very close. It has gotten dark and windy here, hope it doesn't come a few miles north and hit this area.
I slept late, for me, this morning...8:30, then had a sudden burst of energy so did some cleaning. Also, vaccuumed the two bedrooms, which is my limit with my back problems. Then, believe it or not, I took a nap (lol). And, finally, watched the movie "Lincoln". The acting is excellent..all about passing the 13th amendment outlawing slavery.
Keep on keeping on!
Old 04-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #15

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/151.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Doris, No, thank goodness I am not working today. I am slowly beginning to take my own advice and be nice to myself, planning not to take on too much.
How is your foot? Hope the house plans are going smoothly. DD is all excited and getting her house ready for the Spring and Summer lookers, hopefully a buyer in there.

Hope Linda, continues to recover smoothly with out too much discomfort.

Anne, What a great idea that place that Replaces items and buys unwanted items. Makes good business sense supply and demand etc... Glad to hear that you got that much needed rest and sleep.

Michele, DH and I used to watch Midsommer Murders over the years. I have a new GF the I went to Florida with Pat watching them now. She has gone back to get all the series and is catching up. I also got her into Downton Abbey. She is not too keen on Call the Midwife though. I gave her list of British drama shows and she is just finding them, she said she didn't know all this existed.

Lainey, Thank you for your empathy. I was glad to hear that Anne kissed Ducky's tummy for you. You go girl with that weed whacking. I am tired out just hearing of you fighting with your jungle. The snow has just thawed up here so nothing much growing as of yet, just squelchy yellow lawns.

Hi Gladys, Did I blink and you were gone! Let us know how things are with you and yours.

Babette, WTGG! I would love to lose 4lbs. I am going in the opposite direction. Just out of control again. I am looking forward to the garden when Spring finally gets here. I will be asking questions again.

Mary, sounds like you have a good plan there to get organized with your sock drawers and shoes.

Hi Julie, That dinner and gathering must have tired you out. Glad you enjoyed your movie. Isn't it great when the planets are aligned and we can get our chores done and also catch up on our shows? Stay safe down there.

I was in the mood today and got quite a few chores done too, I had a coffee and took some Vit B to boost me along.
DS arrived home from France this aft and was quite chit-chatty.
He is winding down with some tv now and then will be off to bed early...jet lag worse coming this way. I guess I will watch the same shows myself this evening.
I am recording Call the Midwife and Masterpiece tonight.

Enjoy your evening all...

Waving to All and hope to bbt...

Last edited by SuSUN; 04-14-2013 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: Back to post to Julie...
SuSUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Lazy day here...cleaning up my Kindle app on the laptop and watching old movies on TV. Just watched PBS's American Masters about Carol Burnett...what a gal! and then I bought the DVD's from Amazon....sigh! Oh well, loved her and her show. I remember her from the Garry Moore Show and they had bits an pieces of her as the princess toasting...loved that skit among all the rest.

Chased the dogs around the backyard for a bit to ensure they get some exercise, but other that, nothing doing. Hope your day went well and everyone was missed by the torney-whackers in Florida and the midwest and stayed warm in the mid-northern states...wow! what terrible weather....stay warm, folks, and safe.
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #17

Julie, I do hope that tornado warning goes away and the "thing" doesn't make a mess of people's lives there. Do you have one of those radios that signal you when severe weather is approaching, and it makes alot of noise, or do you have sirens in the housing area where you live?? Would scare me or make me very nervous.

Susan, is you daughter looking for property with room for a horse for your grandaughter? Just wondering.........

We had such nasty winds again this afternoon, the fire dept. was called out to an area in the woods, someone was cutting, even though you arn't supposed to when it's like this, and something caught fire, thank goodness they were able to stop it.

Have a good night!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #18

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Just now getting back here. Been busy today and tomorrow it's off to visit mom.

Susan, thanks. That blue golf cart belongs to my ex brother in law. Cute isn't it?

Your poor son. That jet lag is not fun.

Hope the moisture helps turn those yellow lawns green soon. Our green just popped out this week.

Mary, I understand two people died in the avalanche on that pass. Nasty, nasty road.

Babette, you did very well with the loss. It took me about a year to lose the 55 lbs I needed to lose. Some weeks it was nothing and others it was two or three lbs. Just keep on keeping on. Your body will adjust.

Julie, hopefully those tornadoes stayed south of you. My gosh, they are horrible things.

Verleen, hope it was fun company. Rain is going to end this week for most of NY. Thank heavens.

Doris, hope to put this one on the Wall, like two of the others are. Keeps things looking clutter free.

Michelle, where is your container store? Is it like a Sam's or Costco?

Gladys, how are things going in your corner of the world?

Lainey, hope that weed wackier saves you a lot of time. Those things are great!!

Anne, physically tired is so much better than emotionally tired. Good for you. Sleep well.

Woke up and felt like hell, so I spent a good portion of the afternoon at the Walk in clinic . Seems I picked up some kind of bug. Everyone in stores around here is coughing and hacking.
Hopefully the antibiotic will knock it out quickly.
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
My Laura 1-3-2008
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Old 04-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, Here's a link to their locations page The Container Store > Store Locations

It's a good size store, like Costco and Sam's, but there's no food sold there. Check out the website, you'll see how easy it is to get in trouble when they have every gizmo and do-dad that you can think of.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #20

Oh Michele, I don't know whether to thank you or slap you!!! lol I just looked at the web site, found the store that we drove by, "Stonebriar Plano", and looked at some items, saw at least 10 things I want right now, lol. Even those things you put on the wall to hang stuff, instead of driving nails into the wall, my dh wants those.

Thanks!!! (I Think!).

Linda, I'm sorry you are feeling lousy again!! Glad you got to see a doctor early on.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykneesareback View Post
Oh Michele, I don't know whether to thank you or slap you!!! lol I just looked at the web site, found the store that we drove by, "Stonebriar Plano", and looked at some items, saw at least 10 things I want right now, lol. Even those things you put on the wall to hang stuff, instead of driving nails into the wall, my dh wants those.

Thanks!!! (I Think!).

Linda, I'm sorry you are feeling lousy again!! Glad you got to see a doctor early on.
Ditto that Doris. The only things we use to hang pictures, mirrors etc are Command Strip hooks and picture hangers. LOVE the things but can get them almost any where, even Wal Mart.
LOL Michelle. The closest one to me is in Paramus, NJ (230 mi, 3 hours 38 mins ) Good thing I like to drive.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda, sure hope you do not have that flu I picked up when every one here was hacking every where you went. I did not eat for 9 days and was a total of house bound for 13 days... hew, I was soooo sick. Get the NiQuill... think I miht have died without that stuff.
E.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #23

Thanks Lainey, sorry you had such a rough time with it.
Fortunately the Doctor and I think it's just bronchitis since I did have the flu shot.