Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Menus April 14 ~ April 20 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/802007-menus-april-14-april-20-a.html)

Loretta V 04-13-2013 11:12 AM

Menus April 14 ~ April 20

Some thoughts on aging:

But Old is good in some things: Old songs, Old movies, and best of all, OLD FRIENDS!!

Have a great week folks. Spring is in the air.

MaryMary 04-13-2013 06:30 PM

I just want to hop on so tomorrow it will remind me to post my food. Thanks, Loretta, for starting this for the new week.

mykneesareback 04-13-2013 07:04 PM

I too want to get on the list for the week.

Loretta, thanks for starting us out, how many years have you been doing it, I can't remember when you took it over?? We have been on here a long time, some of us gals anyway :love:

modon69478 04-14-2013 04:39 AM

Sunday:

B: 2 scr eggs w/smoked turkey & 2% cheddar, coffee
Snack: lite laughing cow cheese
L: tuna salad, SF iced tea (3 carbs)
Snack: 100 cal pkg cocoa almonds (2 carbs)
D: L/O lemon mushroom chicken w/radishes, diet tonic (9 carbs)
Snack: SF jello w/squirt wh crm (1 carb)

~15 carbs

Shalbrihil 04-14-2013 10:42 AM

Loretta a big thank you from me too. :hugs: for keeping this going for us.

Sunday's Menu

So I'm doing this a little different and charting what I eat each day on my laptop note pad. Not from memory anymore. Does anybody else do this?

B. one cup of homemade cinnamon yogurt with some sweetener
1 orange from our tree cut up. Coffee

L. garden salad with avocado, grape tomatoes, chicken breast, and sprinkle of shredded carrots. 1 Tbs.vinaigrette dressing

S. jicama strips with humus dip

D. grilled tri-tip, green beans and cauliflower mashed potatoes with garlic.

Later 1 pumpkin muffin (Maria Emmerich recipe)

That's it for today. See you tomorrow. :)

mykneesareback 04-14-2013 12:03 PM

I don't, Sharon. I have a little calendar from Hallmark, just jot my weight each day, and exercise, and what I eat that is off the usual schedule, to remind me when my weight goes up, just what probably caused it. Used to write down each days stuff back when we went to the dietitian all the time, but in a whole lifetime, that is not amusing anymore :), but that's just me. I don't know if I'll even do that if I ever make it to assisted living though. I do write down if I've had salty stuff.

Sunday's food

B: zucchini, onion, mushrooms, 1/2 cup egg subs. Flaxmeal, garlic. chipotle flavor. Grated parm on top. lots of black coffee

L: sandwich of toasted bread, 2 slices, tuna salad. H/B egg. Grape tomatoes in a bowl. black coffee

Snack: suisse mocha, if I'm not on the phone

D: leftover ham or fish, brussel sprouts steamed.
black coffee

Evening snack: cut up strawberries, frozen fudge bar on a stick.
black coffee

modon69478 04-14-2013 02:11 PM

Sharon, I keep an excel spreadsheet on my lap top and keep a week at a time with all the meals, snacks, etc., with the carb counts. It has really helped me get back on track.

What's funny is that the first time around I lost very quickly on 20 carbs a day. This time (3 years later), I have to go under 20 carbs a day to lose even one pound a week, if I'm lucky. Getting old is not fun!

Loretta V 04-14-2013 04:35 PM

Doris I believe I have been starting the Menu thread for over 5 years now. IT has become a habit for me. I enjoy doing it and will continue to do so unless my time gets too sporadic. John is keeping me busy.

Sunday: 1/2 decaf black coffee
Brunch: Frisco cheese sandwich from Hardees
Fruit w cottage cheese
Ooops and Ice Cream Cone at our local Drive in Dairy bar
banana w pb & beans
Snack: rice krispie treat w peanut butter, CF diet soda

MaryMary 04-14-2013 04:46 PM

Sunday

B-1 egg, 2 oz bacon, 8 oz apples & cranberries
L-4 oz swordfish, 8 oz zucchini & summer squash, 8 oz salad blended, 1 tbsp dressing, 1 tbsp tahini, 2 tbsp salsa
S-2 oz meatloaf, 10 oz eggplant, tomatoes, portobellas & onions, 4 oz greek yogurt, 1 tbsp wheat germ, 1 tbsp flaxseed meal, 2 oz pumpkin, 1 tbsp olive oil, 8 oz salad blended, 2 tbsp dressing

Mssarge 04-14-2013 05:58 PM

Sunday's foods UD

I'm just glad someone is doing it as it keeps me in line...I think. I keep a food diary on one of those programs that the moderators won't let us give the name. I like it as it also logs my weight, and my successes or failures and monitors my progress in all things body-related. Then, I have the record to add here...

Feeling good and reading the Fast Diet Book which I picked up for a song on my Kindle along with some other books before removing from the laptop.

B. coffee/milk, lo pizza with a fried egg...was good and different, plus emptied another thing from the freezer, along with crystal light for the pills....more coffee

snacks thru the day as I'm sitting here in the kitchen at the laptop...two chocolates with macadamias, potato made into fries in the microwave...no fat, not bad,

S, cheese & crackers, strawberry daiquiri, goulash (lo from the other day but I added a half cup of the mock alfredo sauce made with cauliflower) and will have decaf

1700 kcals..met goal

p.s...decided I was too full after the cheese & crackers...did not have the goulash

revised kcals...1500

LoveMontana 04-14-2013 06:43 PM

Gosh Loretta, I think you took over this thread when I gave it up. Hard to belive it's been 5 years already.:eek:

Brunch: egg salad in a lavash wrap, coffee

Dinner was BBQ pork ribs, sauce made with SF SueBee honey, salad and some leftover baked beans. Coffee

Chardonnay tonight.

modon69478 04-15-2013 04:56 AM

Monday:

B: 1 egg patty, 2 sausage patties, coffee (3 carbs)
L: L/O crustless quiche, SF iced tea (5 carbs)
D: L/O stuffed cabbage rolls (6 carbs)

~17 carbs

Loretta V 04-15-2013 08:10 AM

Monday: 1/2 decaf black coffee
Brunch: hb egg
lc cranberry nut bar
orange
6:00: ? undecided, wine
Snack: peanuts, CF diet soda

Shalbrihil 04-15-2013 09:02 AM

Yesterday was a great success. I felt so good after that tri-tip meal that I passed on the pumpkin muffin. What a nice feeling to have good food control once again. The scale showed a loss as well.

Monday's Menu

We had leftovers last night so I added one to breakfast this morning

B. 2 fried eggs, baby spinach and l/o cauli-mash. Coffee black

S. orange sliced from the tree

L. steak salad, which is: romaine, avocado slices, grape tomato, and thinly sliced l/o steak with vinaigrette dressing.

S. jicama with hummus

D. fish with yellow summer squash and broccoli

Later 1/2 cup of chocolate chia tapioca pudding

Drinks are mineral water, coffee, and green tea

That's all for today.

mykneesareback 04-15-2013 10:42 AM

Yeah Sharon, steak always gets my dh's numbers down right away, thank goodness!

Monday's foods

B: zucchini, cauliflower, onion, flaxmeal, garlic. 1/2 cup egg subs. chipotle flavor. Grated parm on top.
lots of black coffee sips

L: fish sandwich, wheat bread toasted. H/B egg. Bowl of grape tomatoes.
black coffee

Snack: suisse mocha s/f hot drink, and black coffee

D: leftover grilled hamburgers and steamed brussel sprouts with carrots
black coffee

Evening snack: Healthy Choice frozen fudge bar and some cottage cheese to get rid of. black coffee

MaryMary 04-15-2013 05:08 PM

Monday

B-8 oz soymilk, 1 oz TVP, 1 oz soy powder, 8 oz applesauce, cranberries, strawberries & applesauce
L-4 oz meatloaf & sausage, 8 oz eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes & onions, oz salad blended, 1 tbsp dressing, 1 tbsp tahini sauce
S-2 oz swordfish, 10 oz zucchini, summersquash, spaghetti sauce, eggplant, tomatoes, portobellas & onions, 4 oz greek yogurt, 1 tbsp wheat germ, 1 tbsp flaxseed meal, 2 oz pumpkin, 1 tbsp olive oil, 8 oz salad blended, 2 tbsp dressing

Mssarge 04-15-2013 06:09 PM

Monday's Eats DD

Feeling good, energetic, early, and super tired and yawning this evening...

had only coffee/hood's before leaving for the doc's and more errands, including Costco for a roasted chicken....

S. said chicken breast, celery, bell pepper, romain leaf, raw cauli and a cup of decaf...water, water, water, all day

260 kcals...

Mssarge 04-15-2013 10:20 PM

Well, you knew I wouldn't stop there...had a magic pop with a laughing cow cinnamon and then a couple cups of air popped popcorn with a diet root beer...total kcals, 415...so it's under 500....yay for me!

modon69478 04-16-2013 05:08 AM

Tues:

B: 2 HB eggs, coffee
L: L/O soy/lime/ginger shrimp, asparagus, SF iced tea (8 carbs)
D: salmon salad, 1 slice LC brd, diet tonic (4 carbs)

~15 carbs

Loretta V 04-16-2013 09:44 AM

Tuesday: 1/2 decaf black coffee
Brunch: hb egg
banana w pb & northern beans
orange
6:00: turkey loaf, salad, corn, wine
Snack: few walnuts, CF diet soda

mykneesareback 04-16-2013 10:14 AM

Tuesday's foods

B: at the school, ham and cheese omelet, lots of black coffee

L: sandwich of tuna, and cottage cheese on the side. Black coffee

Snack: V8 can and suisse mocha later on.

D: turkey burger patty and asparagus steamed
black coffee

Evening snack: cut up strawberries and light laughing cow cheese
black coffee

Shalbrihil 04-16-2013 10:21 AM

Tuesday's Menu
B. 3 chicken sausages with 2 fried eggs. Coffee

L. red bell pepper spread with hummus and greek yogurt with cinnamon.

S. jicama slices. Love the sweet crunch, :)

D. zoodles with spaghetti sauce. ground lamb in the sauce

Later chia tapioca pudding (chocolate)

That's it for today. :heart:

LoveMontana 04-16-2013 01:51 PM

Tuesday menu

Brunch: soft boiled eggs, plain Greek yogurt and coffee.

Dinner: leftover chicken wings, mashed rutabagas, coffee

Chardonnay tonight and maybe some popcorn.:)

MaryMary 04-16-2013 03:32 PM

Tuesday

B-1 egg, 2 oz soycheese, 8 oz applesauce, oranges, and cranberries
L-4 oz meatloaf & sausage, 8 oz eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes & onions, oz salad blended, 1 tbsp dressing, 1 tbsp tahini sauce
S-2.3 oz swordfish, 8 oz cauliflower, eggplant, tomatoes, portobellas & onions, 3.4 oz greek yogurt, 1 tbsp wheat germ, 1 tbsp flaxseed meal, 2 oz pumpkin, 1 tbsp olive oil, 8 oz salad blended, 1 tbsp dressing, 1 tbsp butter

mykneesareback 04-16-2013 05:29 PM

Linda, ever since I started to toss popcorn away, dh suddenly wants to have some every other night, lol, and the kernals are OLD !!! Do you pop regular or from those bags?? I have one of those machines that stirs the kernals for awhile. Does Todd have some, too? :)

LoveMontana 04-16-2013 06:11 PM

Doris, I put it in a pot on the stove with coconut oil and Flavacol ( commercial pop corn flavor and salt )and make about two cups.
Tod has some on occasion, but we each have only about 1 cup.

I keep the kernels in the freezer. It's a little trick I learned at work when we would purchase 50 lb. bags of it for patient "events" and festivals.

mykneesareback 04-16-2013 06:32 PM

Oh, I've never heard of that, good idea!!! :clap: I'll remember that, thanks!

Mssarge 04-16-2013 07:51 PM

Tuesday's foods UD

Feeling good and knees aren't hurting like over the weekend, so the rooster comb is doing it's job after only one injection..I keep my popcorn in the refer...add a little water to help it pop up bigger. I have one of those gazopees that work in the microwave....with or without the coconut oil....love it as I control the amount of salt.

B. coffee/milk, fiber one pancake, egg, ham, 2 oz oj with crystal like to fill the glass

L. coffee/black (hate the powdered creamer they use, ycch!), Fat Burger grilled chicken sandwich, diet soda

S. Panda Express orange chicken, chow mein (half portions of both), steamed broccoli, some of my pickled cauliflower, white zin

1400 kcals, ate late so probably no snacks tonight

modon69478 04-17-2013 04:34 AM

Wed:

B: 2 sm. blueberry cinnamon flax muffins, coffee (6 carbs)
L: L/O stuffed cabbage rolls, SF iced tea (6 carbs)
D: 2% cheddar/bacon omelet, spinach, diet tonic (2 carbs)

~17 carbs

mykneesareback 04-17-2013 10:28 AM

Wednesday's foods

Brunch: zucchini, mushrooms, onion, 1/2 cup egg whites. browned up a bit. flaxmeal, garlic. chipotle flavoring. Grated parm.
some black coffee sips (not up to snuff today)

L: don't know yet

Snack: H/B eggs

D: roasted game hen and cauliflower, steamed.
black coffee

Evening snack: Healthy Choice frozen bar on a stick, and light laughing cow cheese. black coffee