Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   FRIDAY'S Roll Call, April 12 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/801945-fridays-roll-call-april-12-a.html)

mykneesareback 04-11-2013 08:50 PM

FRIDAY'S Roll Call, April 12

Time to move and groove on a Friday again, friends, if you are able.

:hugs: to those of us not feeling great.

dh and I have very early errand Friday AM, so will be scurrying out the door, well, sort of limp/scurry for me.

Have a good Friday, I used to love Friday's, when I worked. :)

Begete 04-11-2013 09:23 PM

Just got back from a shelter fundraiser followed by dinner with friends at a restaurant.

This was our first ml out on lowcarb, and we did well.

What we do tomorrow depends on the weather. Clear, we garden, rain, we cook.

tatehouse 04-12-2013 06:06 AM

Good morning...a busy day today...so I'm just sending hugs and love and hope to be back later.

Anne

Norfolk Mermaid 04-12-2013 07:06 AM

Storms to deal with and P.T. at 1:
Kitties are fed and lounging about.
I need to get these bones of mine on the move.
bbl

PS- Maggie is looking so grownified. Lovely girl.

Mssarge 04-12-2013 09:01 AM

Morning y'all trying to get these ol' bones movin' but not sure if they want to. Got a call, wrong number, at 5:30 this morning and they tried again before giving up, or getting the number right. Couldn't go back to sleep for about an hour, but then had a couple of good dreams, so I guess it may have been worth it.

Nuttin' planned for me, hope you have good plans and have a good day today....I understand those storms are really nasty back there, so if you can hunker down and wait for them to pass; if you can't drive safely....hugs to all.

TubbyTammie 04-12-2013 09:11 AM

Good to see such a warm and inviting group! It has been a tough few days for me. My husband has just finished his second dose of Chemo and had to stay in the hospital for the past four days. Hubby is doing ok, but this is his second round of chemo after having radiation and surgery as well. Hopefully, things will improve. Stress here is the norm. :-( That is definitely doesnt make it easy for my eating. With some support, I will get better. I have to be strong for him as well as for myself. Take care all and have a wonderful weekend!

Loretta V 04-12-2013 11:18 AM

Welcome Tammie. You sure have your hands full right now. Join in here whenever you can and feel welcome here. You will find support for your weight loss and also support for your life's situation. We will listen.

The weather here in Ky has turned chilly again, but spring has sprung, that is for certain. I have 2.5 inches in my new rain gauge. The storms were mostly rain here without a lot of wind.

TubbyTammie 04-12-2013 01:06 PM

Thank you Loretta! I do appreciate the lent ear and of course all the support! Wow, to have 2.5 inches of rain sounds wonderful. I am living in the United Arab Emirates right now and I have only seen about 1/2 inch of rain total in over a year. Today's temp hit about 100. This is our spring. :p Summer has already arrived so it seems. I cant wait to return to the U.S. in July! By that time I will truly welcome the 95 degrees as it will be over 120 here!:eek: Thank goodness the gym in our building has air conditioning!!!!!

SuSUN 04-12-2013 01:23 PM

:welcome: Tammie You have found a great source of support here. Jump in when you can.:up:

Our snow storm brought freezing rain but only about 4 inches of snow but enough to mess everything up again. Hopefully it will all disappear over the next couple of days. I watched a beautiful male cardinal dancing around on my tree in the back yard this morning. How lovely a splash of colour against the stark white snow.

I have been doodling around the stock market today, energy stocks were low.
Just looking.:stars:;)

Doris, hope your foot heals soon for you so no more hobbling around for you. Some TLC and pampering for YOU is in order.:up:

Babette, great going on the LC meal out.:clap:
Hope the cold temps and snowfall doesn't affect the tulip bulbs, they had just started to push through the soil.

Lainey, did you manage to get out and about today?:)

Oh Yuk Mary on that early 'reveille' call this morning. I guess the pleasant dreams were a bonus.:up:

Linda, do take it easy Gal you need time to recover.:hugs::hugs:

Good for you Loretta, 2.5 inches of rain is better than 4 inches of snow, now shovelling involved with rain huh? :)

Waving to All and hope tbbt...

birdlady 04-12-2013 02:11 PM

Late coming here,late doing the birds,so it's a late day.Being retired makes a difference,as nothing can't be done later.I have been retired for 11 years and not bored yet.the animals keep me going.
DH is complaining his bad foot is hurting from riding the Deere,I say stay off my JD.lol
Welcome to the new kids on our block,as they say in AA 'Keep Coming Back',well OA for me.
The more you post and read the more you will get to know us.We are real cool.:)
The weather is great today,like you could throw a blanket on the ground and read a good book.
BBL

mykneesareback 04-12-2013 02:34 PM

Gladys, I wondered how your hubby would do after that mowing, my dh is down for the count for several days after our area.

Loretta, we could sure use your rain, glad you got it and can sit outside now and enjoy!

Begete, good going on the meal out, it ain't the restaurant's fault after all, lol. Did you have Thai, we want to go to one of those after we move, there are several there, supposedly very good, and daughter in law loves Thai food.

Susan, will you look at another home this weekend, hopefully the weather should be better so you can walk all around for that. Not easy!

Tammie, please rethink your username, it's not one that looks towards a better future, really. Hope you come back to post, so many come on with stars in their eyes, but only last a few days. We love to commiserate with you, have been doing it for several years. Did you move to the Emirates for job related reasons, and not for a good sun tan?

Anne, Maggie is looking so old now, lol. How are you feeling?

Mary, how are your doggies getting along?

Lainey, how are you feeling lately, and how is your daughter doing?

We rushed to the bigger town to go to the bank, lol, 17 miles to do that, and then had breakfast at the café, then drove around the valley there, to sort of say goodbye to that area. We really will miss it here.

Take care of yourselves.

LoveMontana 04-12-2013 04:51 PM

Hi Tammie and welcome to our group.
Hang in there, you can do this.

Thanks for the start off Doris. Hope your day went well.

Babette, it's easy to eat out. Just have the protein and either a salad or vegetable.

Gee Gladys, sorry about C's bad foot. Hope it's better soon.

LOL Susan, I want to thank you for keeping that snow on the other side of Lake Ontario.:D

Hi to Loretta, Anne, Lainey,Mary and all who follow.

Been on the go today and needed to take a nap. LOL Tomorrow it's off to look at a new TV for my computer room.:dunno: This Polaroid didn't last more than 5 years.:dunno:

mykneesareback 04-12-2013 05:56 PM

Linda, are you looking for an HD screen tv, with a bigger picture? Hope they have some good sales going out there for you!!! :)

It must be Spring, we have wasps in the house, and the little Calliope hummingbird arrived, and is calling for his mate, with really loud "chirps", lol.

Have a pleasant evening!

LoveMontana 04-12-2013 06:00 PM

Another HD, but not too large for this room. Just another 32" to sit on the table next to the computer or to hang on the wall.:D Been looking at the LG's and a Vizio. We will see:dunno:

Shalbrihil 04-12-2013 07:10 PM

Getting here late but glad to have our skylight in our hall now. It's nice and bright now.

Hi Tammy nice to see you posting. :welcome:

Dh as enjoying the free weekend of Starz. He loves westerns and has been recording all the ones he likes from the western channel. I'm so glad I have my TV as westerns have to really be good before I'll watch them.

Have a nice evening everyone. tbbt. :)

TubbyTammie 04-13-2013 12:36 AM

[QUOTE=LoveMontana;16369936]Hi Tammie and welcome to our group.
Hang in there, you can do this.

QUOTE]

THANKS!!!

TubbyTammie 04-13-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shalbrihil (Post 16370126)
Getting here late but glad to have our skylight in our hall now. It's nice and bright now.

Hi Tammy nice to see you posting. :welcome:

Dh as enjoying the free weekend of Starz. He loves westerns and has been recording all the ones he likes from the western channel. I'm so glad I have my TV as westerns have to really be good before I'll watch them.

Have a nice evening everyone. tbbt. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykneesareback (Post 16369722)
Gladys, I wondered how your hubby would do after that mowing, my dh is down for the count for several days after our area.

Loretta, we could sure use your rain, glad you got it and can sit outside now and enjoy!

Begete, good going on the meal out, it ain't the restaurant's fault after all, lol. Did you have Thai, we want to go to one of those after we move, there are several there, supposedly very good, and daughter in law loves Thai food.

Susan, will you look at another home this weekend, hopefully the weather should be better so you can walk all around for that. Not easy!

Tammie, please rethink your username, it's not one that looks towards a better future, really. Hope you come back to post, so many come on with stars in their eyes, but only last a few days. We love to commiserate with you, have been doing it for several years. Did you move to the Emirates for job related reasons, and not for a good sun tan?

Anne, Maggie is looking so old now, lol. How are you feeling?

Mary, how are your doggies getting along?

Lainey, how are you feeling lately, and how is your daughter doing?

We rushed to the bigger town to go to the bank, lol, 17 miles to do that, and then had breakfast at the café, then drove around the valley there, to sort of say goodbye to that area. We really will miss it here.

Take care of yourselves.

I actually thought to change my user name, but I couldnt figure out how... Tammie was taken...I moved to the UAE to teach. I have been here a year and a half and I am SOOOOOOOO ready to move back to the U.S. You never know how good you have it until it is no longer there. I definitely didnt move here for the tan. It gets so hot here, I would be burned up in about 5 mins. In the summer it gets on average 120. Currently, the temp is already 100. :down: If you know how I can change my username, please let me know