Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Where is everyone this morning?

We are up early to take Red and Blue to their first vet visit and be microchipped.

Then off to do supermarKet shopping. I did finally purchase a keurig. The newer ones have 5 size settings instead of the 3 on the the one I returned. I also find running hot water in the mug before filling it, keeps the coffee hotter than using a cold cup.

But I have a question for those that use Keurigs. Have you found anywhere online that sells k cups cheaper? Also, for drinks like cappucino and hot chocolate, have you found carb counts anywhere?
Old 04-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Good morning everyone, Quiet here today.

Babette, I've seen reusable K cups advertised on TV quite often. Do a google search and find them.

You can also use low carb beverages in them.
Do a search for the carb counts. The site won't let me post the carb counts.

Just waiting for the cleaning gal to get here then I'll be off for some groceries.

Last edited by LoveMontana; 04-10-2013 at 08:06 AM..
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
I'm having trouble getting my postings to post...so maybe everyone else is, too.

With my Keurig I buy from the Keurig site. Because stores don't carry the coffee I happen to like the best. Costco has it cheaper if you like what they offer. I am using the little basket a good bit, too. With my own coffee. My DD says she gets 52 cups per pound. I have not counted. It works best if you grind the coffee very fine. K cups are just so easy...enjoy the new brewer.

Maggie and I are going to Chik Fil A for lunch. She enjoys the playground and I take a book! Don't want to jinx things but she has been so good the last few weeks that it doesn't feel like work! Getting older is good in her case...not so much mine.

Have a good midweek
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all. I'll be off to have the wheels aligned this morning...I bought the lifetime when I bought the tires, and the dealer told me last time I had it serviced that it needs alignment and was surprised when I told them, "no thanks." So it's back to Firestone. I'll also pick up the vacuum from being serviced. Don't know what else is on tap, but I'm sure I'll find some way to get into trouble.

Babette, I love the thought of the five-way Keurig...I've got the single-serve, pour-over (no reservoir) and wish I had bought the other.

1. I love the cups you see on T.V. (cafe cups)...they are two colored, brown and red, and are available in my drugstores so you don't have to pay the shipping. They fit right into the regular device where you put the cups not like the K-cup thingie that you have to take out the thingie...much more convenient. (I'm using the regular K-cup for tea) I use the red for decaf and the brown for regular.

2. I grind my regular coffee that I love and bit more to work better in the maker. The regular k-cups I buy at either Costco or Sam's...they carry different brands. You'll find them in two places...one with the coffee makers and the other with regular coffee.

3. As for calories, the ones I buy have the calories right on the box, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine...I know it's a bit more expensive (I use as much coffee in three cups as I used to use in my ten-cup pot) but it is so good having a fresh cup every time....and, of course, I just have myself to satisfy now.

Hope you all have a great day and I'll bbl with anything else that goes on today...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 04-10-2013 at 08:54 AM..
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning,
Late this morning but I have all day.Have not even gone outside yet.
We don't do coffee here as DH can't have it,to lazy to make just for me.
Hope the kitties do well at the vets and you fine some neat stuff shopping.
Lainey must not feel well today.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
We're so old fashioned when it comes to making coffee. We have a Melitta and heat the water in our kettle and pour it over the coffee grounds in a cone on top of a stainless steel thermos style pot. It goes where ever we go in the house and stays hot and fresh brewed until the pot is finished.

Mary I'm so happy you had your big win at the tables. Hope you're now a head of the game.

Time to get a haircut and then maybe a ride over Hi Mountain. We were there for some river rock for our garden but didn't do the ride through at that time. When I saw our newscaster take the road on a "There's No Place Like Home" segment of our news, I know it's open all the way through now.

Have a nice day and get out and see the Spring flowers if you can.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Hi folks! Well the fever broke last evening and I had a good night's rest. Awoke today feeling pretty darn good. I went with Rich to meet with the electrician at the new house. And good news there too. The house has been rewired and updated to a larger degree than we had thought. The victorian light post along our walkway is not broken as we had thought. It was set on a timer that wasn't turned on. So we are moving right along.

Nothing more planned for today for me except for a couple phone calls. I need to find out about what to do with our trash pickup if there is one and our recyclables pickup if there is one. And call someone to take out the old washer and dryer. They both work fine but are very old models. Too old to sell. After dropping me off at home, Rich went back out to the new house to move more gravel to the basement.

I took Molly out to the house with us. She wasn't impressed.

Babette, I've been thoroughly enjoying your postings about your kittens and the pictures. Thank you.

Gladys, I'm so very sorry to hear about Maya.

Anne, I knocked on wood for Maggie's continuing good behavior. She is probably just growing up.

Mary et al, I happy when you folks discuss your Keurig. I haven't bought one yet, but plan to. I should get it soon, so Rich can make coffee while he's out there working.

Linda, maybe I missed it, but what type of Toyota did you get? Be careful with that concussion. They are serious business. I never knew that until I got one. They called mine a concussive syndrome. I'm not sure I know what the difference is. I'm glad the hematoma on your "cheek" is clearing up without any traveling clots. From Cathy's ER stories, they get a slew of patients with hematomas every day. They are another serious matter. You sound so upbeat and are doing do much since the accident. I'm really impressed.

I'll check on everyone later as I usually do.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #9

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Have here at John's house a dripalator (SP) that works as the Melitta by pouring boiling water over the grounds. I prefer it to my percolator.

Warm weather here but rain on the way. We caught a few fish this am. Might go back after supper and see what else happens.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #10

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Just was looking into the cabinet of the china closet, and there was our old Melitta stuff, hadn't used it in over 30 yrs., but it does make good coffee. Will have to try it again.

I drink up our morning pot of regular Kirkland coffee, than make instant a whole bunch of times till bedtime, but only drink it black, so no thinking about carbs or flavors or anything else.......yes, I'm boring that way But it's ok.

Been dealing with phone calls with the Texas realtor, and so on, questions galore, etc.

Have a good evening, friends.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Whew! Finally back home...five and a half hours of one errand after another. Hope you don't mind but I do want to put it down...it was funny, in that I'd finish one and think of another and that's the way it went.

First, wheel alignment (no cost 'cause I paid for the lifetime one, so saved $70 it was on special), picked up vacuum which was in for a tuneup (the shop has moved and is now located next door to Firestone where I had the alignment), remembered my storage fee for the RV is due this month, so ran down to March AR Base where it's stored since I was halfway there anyway. Then decided to go to this little thrift shop I like to support and found a large mixing bowl (I sold mine with the Kitchen Aid, of course and this is a two-quart glass bowl...went to get lunch. I was on my way to my favorite catfish place and drove by a BBQ place I've been meaning to try (really good, so wll go back again), then on to Goodwill where I found a matching small glass mixing bowl (paid less for the big one) and a cute tricycle for N's toddler...now to get it to her. Then I remembered I needed a car wash and bought a package to include waxing. Driving by my hairdresser's shop, I remembered I needed a haircut, so stopped to she if she was working...she was, so got the cut and eyebrows waxed. When I left I remembered I had a lotto winner, so stopped and cashed it in (and of course bought a ticket for tonight's drawing). Then on my way home, remembered I needed a cartridge for the hot tub...like I said, I'd complete one thing, then remember I needed to do something else. So now I think all my errands are completed and I'm sipping on a sangria while I type.

'Twas an expensive day but well worth it...I hope you are all as satisfied as I am with your day and again I apologize for the lengthy itinerary but wanted to make a note for my journal, so thought I'd bore you all with it...stay warm and dry folks, and hope the wind doesn't blow us away.

Last edited by Mssarge; 04-10-2013 at 04:14 PM..
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #12

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Checking in quickly. Sleep well All.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478