Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
MONDAY'S Roll Call, April 8

Rise and Shine, friends
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 424963_439102446162619_2069939266_n.jpg (21.0 KB, 4 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
I was worried that our dry season started too early.....I think we got over 2 inns of rain in the last few days.

Gladys, was very sorry to hear that Maya is not recovering. So very sad.

Just finished watching Call the Midwife. I really believe this is the very best show ever.

Good to hear from Louise, too. You are an inspiration in how you seem to handle what life has thrown at you.

Well, I am really tired and ready for bed. Induction is over. Result? I lost just shy of 4 pounds, and John lost 12 eating twice as much as I ate.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning,it's getting day light,the cats are fed,the biscuits are in the oven.All's well.DH is still sleeping.
Begete,that is good that you guys are losing.
Nothing planned for today but the usual will be done. Garbage round up day for pick up tomorrow.I get it out on Monday night cause you never know how early they will arrive.
Have a good day and keep those with cancer in your thoughts today.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Monday & morning- and that ain't ood!

Gladys, I scrolled yesterdays post and found that I simply did not read the last line of your post. I am so very sorry about Miya and have said prayers for her that at least the cancer will be gentle with her. I worry about my daughter as she has not and will not have children and of course she grew up on Long Island which is supposedly the breast cancer hot spot. I plan to have her to please get the genetic test for the marker.
I have Physical Therapy today and bills to pay all but one on line. At least I have plenty of nice clean clothes.
Warm out and so pretty as spring has really sprung here.
Good day to all.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #5

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
So sorry to hear about Maya's condition, Gladys. She is in my prayers as is her family.
Humanity needs a CURE for cancer. What a devastating disease.

Prayers too for Louise and Bob.

Warm weather and spring here. New life is busting forth. How wonderful to see all the colors and to smell the Spring smells. After such a long winter this is really refreshing.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Good Monday morning all,

I have had a busy morning already. Overslept since I couldn't stop watching Downton Abby dvds last night. And went to bed too late. I'm half way through season 2. I wanted to make them last until the new season but I am hooked...HOOKED I tell you! I knew I would be.

So sorry Gladys. I know you are heart sick for your DGD.

Hugs and healing thoughts to you all. Looking forward to Call the Midwife on the dvr tonight. Why can't America have some good shows like they have in the UK? Sad commentary on America.

Rest in Peace Mrs Thatcher.

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #7

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Good morning everybody,

Gladys, my thoughts and prayers go out to Maya and the rest of your family.

We are going to pick up the new car later this afternoon. Hopefully we will like it.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Linda when we got our new Toyota Camry we already had the Tacoma truck. We have really enjoyed our two. Hopeful you will get years of service from yours. What color did you get?

Louise you are my rock. Thinking of you and wishing your future treatments goes smooth and fast.

The wind has finally calmed down and looks like we will have nice warm day today. I'd like to get to our nursery and see what type of hummingbird friendly flowering plants they have. I'm going to put a couple more in our yard to help the little ones. I love the smell of honeysuckle and jasmine. Those also draw the bees too.

We've been getting wild pigeons in the mornings at our feeders. They look like giants next to the dove. When they leave we go out and refill everything as they are big eaters. Still waiting on the golden finch. We have a brown bird that is so curious. He comes right in the house if we leave the slider open. The dogs just lay still and watch him as he walks by. I sneak over to the back door and he goes out again. Such is the life of Sharon.

Have the best day you can. And enjoy your posts daily.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all!...watched the Country Music Awards last night so my Okie is comin' out to play. Heard we had winds in excess of 100 mph last night in the mountains. Sure hope they had everthing tied down. Winds continuing through the day so Doug I'm sure you've everything battened down for your wind event.

Anne, did you get much snow out of this front? We haven't heard how much, just that there was snow is what I believe in your area. And yep, the knife does a good job in turning veggies into noodles, my parer even better; but I think the spiraler will be fun, too.

Anne, I, too, delayed watching Downton Abbey 'cause I knew I'd get hooked. But was very glad I was reminded of the show by our friends here. I watched the season 3 finale yesterday and all can do is echo everyone else's shock...can hardly wait for the next season...'twill be a long summer as my other fav' Dexter will be starting in September I think. Aren't you glad you succumbed to Downton's magic?

Prayers for our friends who are ailing, and good vibes going out to all for a great day today.

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #10

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thanks to my cousin in England giving me the heads up about Downton Abbey and Call the Midwife, we are now all hooked. She was talking about them well before we got them over here. I couldn't see myself getting into such long series but she was right easy to get hooked.

Yes RIP Mrs. Thatcher she had a long full life at least.

Enjoying Spring like weather up here today. Had a lovely 2 hour walk with DD and her dog through the woods.

Waving at Y'all...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Yes...rest in peace Mrs. Thatcher. I had no idea there was such different attitudes towards her; I thought she was the greatest and that everyone else did too.

Also rip Annette Funicello...she stole my heartthrob from me..Frankie Avalon, my teenage idol. And we lost Roger Ebert, too...so many of the older ones going and, in my opinion, not being replaced by anyone...guess I'm showing my age.

Busy day getting the house cleaned and doing a bit of shopping, took the vacuum to the shop for overhauling. I never did that until I got my current machine, but must say, it do work better when it comes back from the shop.

Cloudy, cool and windy here...not as bad as some parts of SoCal, but my new windchime is working it's little bells off...I love "wind things". You know, things that twirl, spin, chime, ring and let me know I'm still here. Probably driving my neighbors wild.

Hope you all had a great day...enjoying Katie Couric's show with the Mary Robert's (Mary Tyler Moore) reunion...memories, memories.

came back to add another note about my scaredy dog...apparently she's feeling the weather right now. If you'll remember she hates thunder storms and fireworks. I tried something I had read and rubbed her down with a dryer softener sheet...and it worked! Apparently much of the discomfort dogs feel in stormy weather has to do with the electrical charge they're feeling and the dryer sheet dispels that "uncomfortable" feeling...it worked, it really did 'cause with a cuddle and the rubdown, she's perfectly normal now....llive and learn, eh?

Last edited by Mssarge; 04-08-2013 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: Add note about weather
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote