Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Menus April 7 ~ 14 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/801478-menus-april-7-14-a.html)

Loretta V 04-07-2013 05:37 AM

Menus April 7 ~ 14

Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.

Have a great week folks.

modon69478 04-07-2013 09:30 AM

Sunday:

B: 2 fried eggs, 2% shredded cheddar, coffee
L: tuna salad, 1 sl LC brd SF iced tea (4 carbs)
D: lime/soy/ginger shrimp (6 carbs), asparagus (2 carbs), diet tonic
Snack: 2 SF key lime tartlets (4 carbs)

~16 carbs

mykneesareback 04-07-2013 11:43 AM

Sunday's foods

B: cut up zucchini, carrots leftover, green onion, 1/2 cup egg whites, browned. flaxmeal, garlic added. Grated parm on top.
black coffee

L: 2 slices Sara Lee bread toasted, cottage cheese on top. 2 H/B eggs. Bowl of grape tomatoes. black coffee

Snack: suisse mocha hot drink, and black coffee

D: leftover pork chop and steamed cauliflower and carrots
black coffee

Evening snack: grapefruit segments and Healthy Choice frozen bar.
black coffee and a cup of f/f milk later on

Loretta V 04-07-2013 05:37 PM

Sunday: 1/2 decaf black coffee
Brunch: scrambled egg, cheese, bacon biscuit, 1/2 biscuit w gravey
1:00: grilled hamburger topped w grilled onion, salad
4:00: fruit dish, strawberries, blueberries
Snack: popcorn, CF diet soda

MaryMary 04-07-2013 06:05 PM

Sunday

B-1 egg, 2 oz soycheese and bacon, 1/2 cantelope
L-3.5 oz shrimp, 1/2 oz TVP, 8 oz brocoli, 8 oz salad, 1 tbsp dressing, 1 tbsp tahini sauce
S-8 oz Greek yogurt, 8 oz pumpkin, 1 oz wheat germ, 1 tbsp flaxseed meal, 3 tbsp olive oil

Mssarge 04-07-2013 07:30 PM

Sunday's foods DD

Wow! made it to 6 p,m. before getting hungry...a record for me.

Coffee/black or with ff milk

S. cole slaw...cabbage & ff mayo, cucumber in vinegar, ham & ff cheddar quesadella

about 400 kdqlw

MaryMary 04-08-2013 05:37 AM

Monday
Can't chew, toothache

B-4 oz soy, 8 oz strawberries & cranberries & apples
L-8 oz Greek yogurt, 4 oz pumpkin, 1 oz wheat germ, 1 tbsp flaxseed meal, 1 tbsp olive oil
S-8 oz Greek yogurt, 8 oz pumpkin, 1 oz wheat germ, 1 tbsp flaxseed meal, 3 tbsp olive oil

modon69478 04-08-2013 07:39 AM

Monday:

B: 1 scr egg patty, 2 sausage patties, coffee (3 carbs)
Snack: lite laughing cow cheese
L: L/O stuffed pepper, SF iced tea (4 carbs)
Snack: 100 cal pkg cocoa almonds (2 carbs)
D: smoked turkey/2% cheddar omelet, spinach, diet tonic (2 carbs)
Snack: SF jello w/squirt wh crm (1 carb)

~12 carbs

Loretta V 04-08-2013 08:21 AM

Mary hope you can get that tooth fixed.

Monday: 1/2 decaf black coffee
Brunch: hb egg
lc pumpkin bar
orange
6:00: Pigs in a blanket, some mashed pot.
salad, wine
Snack: cashews, CF diet soda

mykneesareback 04-08-2013 12:54 PM

Monday's foods

B: zucchini cut up, green onion, cauliflower, browned a bit. 1/2 cup egg whites. flaxmeal, garlic. curry powder. Grated parm
black coffee sips

L: sandwich of tuna on wheat toast, 2 slices. H/B eggs. grape tomatoes.
black coffee

Snack: suisse mocha hot drink and black coffee

D: leftover meatloaf and asparagus
black coffee

Evening snack: Healthy Choice frozen bar and grapefruit segments.
black coffee as needed

Mssarge 04-08-2013 04:42 PM

Monday's Eats UD

Double M, were you able to see to your tooth today? Hope it's all better.

Energetic, but knees are barking...almost two miles today.

B. Coffee/milk, bacon & egg burrito from my favorite drive-in

s. DQ dipped cone...

S. Sushi...decaf/milk & a glass of white zin.

1200 kcals, but will have sumpin' else late, not sure

MaryMary 04-08-2013 05:26 PM

Dentist didn't have an opening, I go first thing in the morning. It's been a long time since I had a toothache like this one. It is in a molar that has a crown, I think. A root canal will spell relief.

mykneesareback 04-08-2013 06:29 PM

Isn't that always the way this kind of thing goes, with teeth, and a patient in pain, there isn't any room to take you in? I think I've known one person in my whole life who was in awful tooth pain, who called a dentist and they took them in right away, and I'm 66 yrs. old!!! Are you taking some over the counter med, Mary Mary? That pain can drive a person nuts!!! :dunno: :sad:

Shalbrihil 04-08-2013 07:20 PM

Monday

Breakfast
eggs and sausage

Lunch
cheese grated over salad with little tomatoes and avocado

Snack
cashews

Dinner
chicken drumsticks and broccoli

Later
chia chocolate pudding.

Drank coffee tea mineral water and plain water

Mssarge 04-08-2013 07:40 PM

Addendum to today's eats

Hey Doris, add one more to your list of dental patients who had pain and was seen immediately...and I don't mean when I was in the service. I called one of the big chains rather than my not-so-friendly neighborhood doc. I was ready for a change and the new office took me in within the hour...I assure you, I was very surprised.

Another note before I get to my added supper items...I hauled out my GF grill to grill up some asparagus for supper and remembered a box of Seapak Tempura Shrimp I had found when I cleaned the freezer today...way out of date and had been frozen forever. I grilled the shrimp on the GF and they were soooooo good, it was worth it. Gonna remember that brand and cooking on the grill...they're designed to be browned in the oven but the grill worked beautifully.

So, my supper became the sushi, a bit of lo cole slaw, the asparagus, the shrimp, and a raw tomato...thank goodness for hot-house tomatos, out of season.

total kcals 1600 for the day. with a whole bunch of carbs, way too many, but it was good.

modon69478 04-09-2013 04:58 AM

Tuesday:

B: 2 HB eggs, coffee
L: L/O stuffed pepper, SF iced tea (4 carbs)
D: L/O lime/soy/ginger shrimp, asparagus, diet tonic (8 carbs)

~15 carbs

Loretta V 04-09-2013 10:42 AM

One time I had a bad tooth, my dentist came out at night for me. It needed to be pulled.

Tuesday: 1/2 decaf black coffee
Brunch: hb egg
banana w pb
Dinner out this evening at Sirloin Stockade. It's a buffet and I hope I can control my plate.
Snack: if needed, almonds, CF diet soda

mykneesareback 04-09-2013 11:08 AM

When we lived in the bay area, we found one that worked on Thanksgiving, and he is the one we went to until we moved up here, 30 yrs. ago.

Tuesday's foods

B: at the school, ham and cheese omelet, and lots of black coffee, alot of yakking and lip flapping.

L: toasted tuna sandwich, 2 slices bread. H/B egg. grape tomatoes
black coffee

Snack: Suisse Mocha hot drink and black coffee later

D: salmon from the can, and brussel sprouts, steamed
black coffee

Evening snack: Nutrisystem chocolate pudding and grapefruit segments later on. Black coffee

Mssarge 04-09-2013 06:53 PM

Tuesday's foods DD

Feeling good and did well at the poker table, finally booked a W...yippee! Even made a flush, the first one in months.

Coffee before leaving, green tea with lemon at the club

Almost 6 p.m. and just eating...left over's day and cleaning the fridge a bit....a bit of chilli, a hot link, nf cheddar, raw tomato.. oh yes, half of a baked potato.

just over 400 kcals, so done for the day..

MaryMary 04-09-2013 07:14 PM

Tuesday
Can't chew, toothache, went to the dentist, he couldn't find an infection,said it could be a nerve in a tooth, so I picked one and he did a root canal, it still hurts, but it could be the after shock of the root canal. When he numbed me ul, I couldn't feel the pain. I am starting to wonder if it might be TMJ. I am hoping I can still get the planned plastic surgery in two weeks...but part of me wonders if God is trying to tell me not to get the neck and face lift. I am calling the surgeon in the morning.

B-1 egg, 2 oz cheese, 8 oz cooked peeled apples (like applesauce)
L-8 oz Greek yogurt, 4 oz pumpkin, 1 oz wheat germ, 1 tbsp flaxseed meal, 1 tbsp olive oil
S-8 oz Greek yogurt, 8 oz spinach, 6 oz pumpkin, 1/2 oz wheat germ, 1 tbsp tahini sauce, 3 tbsp olive oil

I mixed half the Greek yogurt with cooked spinach, olive oil and tahini sauce and ran through the blender, so it was like dip. Tried to chew the spinach, couldn't. So had to turn it to mush.

I wonder if I can do the same to the salads I normally eat. Take the ingredients, add some water, oil, tahini and blend.

mykneesareback 04-09-2013 07:19 PM

Mary, what does "booked a W" mean? :dunno:

modon69478 04-09-2013 08:28 PM

MMary, so sorry to hear that you're in so much pain. Did the Dentist give you any meds? Does the OTC stuff help at all?

Michele

mykneesareback 04-09-2013 08:44 PM

Mary Mary, hope the doctor tomorrow can help you out, how terrible!! Try some milkshakes with protein in there, or Carnation breakfast drinks can work, my husband had to use those for awhile, too. :console:

Mssarge 04-09-2013 11:56 PM

Sorry, Doris, I guess I shoulda explained...W=Win....

MaryMary 04-10-2013 03:53 AM

Dentist said to take motrin or aspirin. Aspirin upsets my stomach and the surgeon said not to take aspirinor motrin two weeks before and todayis two weeks before. So I took a tylenol this morning. I am taking an ice pack towork with me if it gets too bad. I am calling the surgeon today.

Wednesday
B-8 oz soymilk, 1 oz soy protein powder, 1 oz TVP, 8 oz cranberries, straw erries and applesauce
L-4 oz meatloaf, 8 oz broccoli, 8 oz salad, 1/2 oz dressing, 1/2 oz tahini (in blender)
S-8 oz yogurt, 8 oz pumpkin, 1 oz wheatgerm, 1-1/2 oz fat, 1/2 oz flaxseed meal

modon69478 04-10-2013 06:00 AM

Wed:

B: 2 sm LC pumpkin muffins, coffee(6 carbs)
L: L/O lime/soy/ginger shrimp, asparagus, SF iced tea (8 carbs)
D: smoked turkey/2% cheddar LC bread sandwich, diet tonic (2 carbs)

~19 carbs

Loretta V 04-10-2013 12:41 PM

Wed: 1/2 decaf black coffee
Brunch: banana
1:00: fruit w cottage cheese
orange
6:00: Italian sausage w green peppers and onions
salad, wine
Snack: few pretzels, CF diet soda

mykneesareback 04-10-2013 03:10 PM

I hope Mary finds relief faster than a week!

Wednesday's food

B: zucchini cut up, onion, mushrooms, lots, browned a bit. 1/2 cup egg whites. flaxmeal, garlic. Grated parm
lots of black coffee sips

L: 2 hot dogs heated up and some grapes
black coffee

Snack: suisse mocha hot drink

D: huevos rancheros with salsa, grated reduced fat jack cheese, corn tortillas.
egg on top black coffee

Evening snack: Nutrisystem pudding, and grapefruit segments

Shalbrihil 04-10-2013 06:16 PM

Breakfast
flax granola with almond milk and touch of cream

Lunch
yogurt with blueberries

Dinner
omelete with spinach

Snack
dark chocolate covered almonds

Lots of coffee and mineral water

Mssarge 04-10-2013 08:39 PM

Wednesday's Food UD

Feeling good, energetic...but knees and back are hurting...can tel when I hit a half mile walking and today I hit almost three miles...physical therapy here I come. My thoughts are confused, tho', should I take the therapy now or maybe later in the year when I may need it more....?????

Coffee/milk, B. ham slice and 2 eggs scrambled, crystal light for the pills.

took coffee with me for my errands

L. BBQ brisket (ate only the bottom of the bun), fried zucchini and a diet doctor

S. small avocado with a few wheat thin crackers, then marinara with meatballs and a chicken drumette, parm and zucchini noodles (zoodles), had a glass of wine before dinner and having a cafe au latte (whipped cinnamon into the froth..yum)

about 1600 kcals

Sharon - I told you I bought the spiraler Saturday night...it was delivered at 9 am Monday morning....so easy, and so good. How do you cook your squash noodles? I sprinkled mine with salt and let set to draw out some of the water, then spun in the ol' spinner to remove some more, then saute'ed briefly in some olive oil...they camw out quite good. With my old way of making them with the parer, I just added them to the spaghetti water (after I removed DH's pasta) and drained them.