Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Monday, April 1 Roll Call (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/800842-monday-april-1-roll-call.html)

LoveMontana 03-31-2013 09:27 PM

Monday, April 1 Roll Call

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/7...1860768399.jpg

Hard to believe it's April 1 already. Let's have a good day, everyone.

mykneesareback 03-31-2013 09:38 PM

Thanks for posting, Linda.

I just turned over all the calendars in the house to April 1, and it IS hard to believe how fast time seems to go, unless one is waiting for a doctor appt. :dunno:

Crossing fingers for all of those in pain, inside and out. :hugs:

Anyone ever had to move with a moving van company before, and what did you like and not like about it??

Begete 03-31-2013 10:11 PM

We had a horrible experience with North American. Will forward all my files if you pm me your email.

birdlady 03-31-2013 11:32 PM

Had a wonderful day with family,lots of food.My DSIL cooked ribs,pork steaks and sausage.The families brought sides and Alyssa made a birthday cake for C.His 75th bd was Fri.Sat. the kids did eggs and yesterday they pocked them.Everyone brought their eggs from home.Guess it's an old Cajun tradition.
Doris,never moved that I needed moving vans.
Hope today is a good day for everyone.
BBL

Norfolk Mermaid 04-01-2013 06:46 AM

Good morning. Thanks for start out Linda.

Gladys, what is "pocked the eggs" a typo maybe???
Extremely quiet here. Shared the shrimp with the kitties- mine had a little mayo. First time ever in my life I never colored eggs. I just didn't. Will next year as I missed doing it even if just for myself.
Ila called at 9: and we chatted for quite the while. She will be in Vegas for her birthday the 29th and have dinner with Anthony's Mom. She is somewhat stressed about her responsibilites of her being "Director" at her job. She is doing tons of delagating but still has to over see what they all are doing. It is cute how she does not connect the big job with the big pay/title Lt. Col. that allows those couple of cruises, Vegas, L.A., N.Y. etc, etc. every year. Not to mention the travel her job itself pays for... below is an older pic from the N. Korea- S. Korea boarder.
I was going to tell yall I won the lottery for April Fools but decided that was just be sad.
Beget, how about peaches and cream? nah- too girlie. Maybe Mac Peachy and Mac Creamy. Them cats sure look good enough to eat!
bbl
shoot! I forgot the pic. next post down.

Norfolk Mermaid 04-01-2013 06:50 AM

pic of Ila in n. korea.

that is a smart looking guard with her in the elevator- he is her protection when they step out onto the boarder.

Norfolk Mermaid 04-01-2013 07:08 AM

hate monday mornings.

2 Attachment(s)
try once more.

tatehouse 04-01-2013 09:30 AM

I've moved many times with movers. They are all nearly the same but I found that North American had more breakage than any of the others. The small amount of difference in cost is well worth it. Good luck. I learned to schedule the movers to come at or after noon. They want to be finished by 5 and will be whether they get there at 9 or 3. They should give you supplies, tape, boxes, wardrobes. Good luck.

For all the Downton Abby fans there is a book coming out tomorrow called While We Were Watching Downton Abby by Wendy Wax. It takes place in Atlanta and looks like fun. I watched the first 2 episodes yesterday and will be watching more tonight. I do like it but knew I would...just late to the DA party.

Have a great week everyone. A new month, too..

Anne

Mssarge 04-01-2013 10:51 AM

Good morning all and happy April First, fer goodness sake, how can the year be going so fast...I've been used to the year passing quickly but this year seems to be twice as fast. Oh well, guess it's supposed to when we get to our age.

Anne, I, too was a late bloomer on the DA trail and have enjoyed it immensely...the first two seasons was able to watch for free with Netflix and Amazon, but had to buy the third season and watched all but the finale this weekend. Thanks for the hint on the book, will check it out...when I realized the show was based on the North Riding Yorkshire it made it even more interesting for me as that's where the forefathers/mothers came from on both paternal and maternal lines...Ripon/Richmond area...duh! with a maiden name of Richmond, I guess it shows.

Moving companies - lots of them while in the Army...and Anne's good advice will help. We were warned to make sure we cleaned and ensured only the things we wanted taken were available and they were right....once they even packed the trash bag under the sink. Highly recommend that upon arrival, check all the boxes for damage and have them unpack it and check for damage as it's much easier to collect for damage before you sign for receipt of the goods. We once had them kick apart a large piece of furniture so to make it easier for them to move. Ensure things like checkbook, credit cards, and all things you think you'll need en route is NOT packed in the moving stuff. We always had two shipments...household goods and personal goods, those things we would need before the household shipment arrived...you won't have to worry about that, but I always kept one room of only personal shipment, another for things I would take with me and then gave the packers free rein on every thing else. Good luck with the move and with the new house.

Lainey, the shot of Ila brings back memories of being at Panmunjom, on the border...thanks. My heart goes out to those who are standing on the line with all the saber rattling from the North. It's a scary place, made even more so by that nut in charge. God be with all those in the South...Seoul is only 90 seconds away from the north at mach speeds and I know all my friends there are praying this is only posturing.

More Nuttin' on tap for me today, so will be open to any trouble comin' down the pike. Have a great day, folks, and do something nice for yourself today.

birdlady 04-01-2013 10:55 AM

Lainey,pocking is when two people hold eggs in their hands and slowly hit them together,the winners egg does not break.You may find something by searching the web or you tube.I know Linda could find it cause she is good at research.
I am so tired from the week-end but it was nice so will just chill today.
BBL

Begete 04-01-2013 11:10 AM

Lainy - I Love those names: Mc Creamy and Mc Peachy!! Let's see what JOHn and Gabe think.

mykneesareback 04-01-2013 11:36 AM

Thanks for the tips, friends, online, other people advise against North American, too, for the same reasons............

Still need to ponder, Bekins seems to be the one closest to us.

Mssarge 04-01-2013 02:29 PM

Bekin's was the company that moved my parents to California and it was a very good experience...but that was so long ago, it counts as the dark ages....

SuSUN 04-01-2013 02:34 PM

Linda, What a great opening pic of New York... City or State that is the question huh?

Babette and Lainey, I too, love those names. WE should have known that Lainey would know some good kitty names. :D;)

Oh Yikes Gladys, Thanks for interpreting the poked eggs. I have never heard of that before.

Anne, Thanks for the book title I will watch out for that.
Where are you up to with DA? I see 'Call the Midwife' has started a 2nd season on PBS now too.

Mary, so you must be related to the Bronte sisters huh? LOL!
I was born and raised in Cheshire so next county over from Yorkshire.
How are all your furkids getting along with each other now? I need to hear feedback in case DD gets me to cave in.:)

Nothing much happening around here to day. I am moving at a turtles pace. I managed to clean my kitchen floor and bag up some clothes for a charity pick up tomorrow. Getting together with Family is tiring huh? We had a great Easter dinner together. DGD is growing up so fast now.
I hope to get out to the movies again on Friday with a few of my lady friends.
I fancy 'Olympus Has Fallen' with Morgan Freeman and Gerard Butler. Has anyone heard any reviews yet?

Waving to All and wishing All a pleasant evening.:heart:

Shalbrihil 04-01-2013 03:07 PM

Lainey must be a Grey's Anatomy fan. I love watching and will miss them as this is there last season I hear.

Susan, my son and his wife went to see Olympus Has Fallen and really liked it. I personally think anything with Gerard Butler in it is a definite go.

I'm smiling here over the moving companies. When we moved the few times we used a UHaul and called it good. Of course we stayed in one state.

Just heard BIL and wife are stopping by. Need to come out of the computer cave. See you all later.

mykneesareback 04-01-2013 04:12 PM

Susan, glad you had time to wash the floor, lol, I need to do that but not enough time today.

Sharon, we also used the old "Adventures in Moving" U haul, the other times we moved, but not at this age and this far, would be folly for us to try that now. I'm looking into Bekins first and than Allied. We saw alot of those brands on our trip to and from Texas.

Spent so much time going back and forth into our small town, to get paperwork faxed, never saw so many forms, some of them we signed electronically, but the rest were sent so I could print out the forms, we signed here, than had to rush into town to the realtor. This morning, we had to send 31 pages that didn't go through, so that was a bummer and an extra trip. Guess many of you have been through this before, it's just new to us.

Back to the dishes and kitchen and laundry. :)

Verleen 04-01-2013 04:41 PM

Doris, do I understand that you bought the house? If so, congratulations!! The best movers we had were Allied once. Since my husband's company moved us, we had no say as to what company they used. We are looking for movers too to move our big things. We have Cathy's apt to move and our house. We were thinking of doing it in one big move. Not sure yet. Cathy doesn't want to move until all repair and remodeling is done. We're ready to move as soon as the dog yard is done. We're just praying that the two cats can get along. If they don't, we will have to rehome Gypsy. We all like her, but Harlan was here first.

I made spaghetti and meatballs tonight. Its done now and I'm off to eat some.

Mssarge 04-01-2013 04:53 PM

Hey Susan, isn't everyone related to the Bronte's? chuckle...as for the furkids, I'm thinking of changing all their names to Grumpy, Happy, and Doc...seems to suit how they're getting along. The puppy is a perpetual motion machine and is driving the girls crazy. I wish I were more able to play with him as he is such a puppy. I feel it would be far better for him to find another pack that isn't so old...Grumpy (Snoopy, the chihuahua) growls any time peppy gets close and has even growled at me when I've reached down to touch her and she doesn't know it's me. Doc (MeMeMe, the doxie) has her nose out of joint as she's used to be the little princess who has all the toys; she does play with him when she feels like it, when she doesn't, she can't be found...and what can I say about Happy, the puppy...he's always on the go, just like a two-year old child. He has stopped the puppy humping, but now it's ear biting...MeMe walks around like Buddy's leading her around by a leash. We're getting there but I've always said I wouldn't take a puppy, and I was oh so right so if you cave, an adult dog is so much easier to incorporate into your pack, at least I've always found it so....good luck.

Today was a commissary/marketo run and I was a good girl...stuck to my list at the commissary, but did go a little crazy at the market at the clearance basket they had just put out...I took N for her WIC stuff but added a lot of the clearance stuff like cereal and some personal things...but I did get a box 'o wine which was greatly reduced....'twill be a good base for sangria, I think. So trouble free today...hooray!

Hope you all had a good day

Norfolk Mermaid 04-01-2013 06:24 PM

LOL Mary- My Ila is goin through it with a BIG kitten Main Coon kitty- he thinks the "girls" need lovings so he will be gittin her done very soon. Scooter, Sunny and Vista want noooo part of his "lovings". Scoots is an older lady hymalyen- Sunny is a bright orange Rex and Vista is a my best GD bein a beautiful ivory Rex - ALL GIRLS. Olympus is the new man in town.