Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Help us with names, please (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/800661-help-us-names-please.html)

Begete 03-29-2013 04:38 PM

Help us with names, please

We have been adopted! Two almost identical 7 month old litter mates. They are so beautiful, and active and cute. We really did intend to adopt older kitties that were less likely to be adopted, but their sister was adopted yesterday and the shelter really did not want these guys to be split up.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...48598193_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...25271451_n.jpg

mykneesareback 03-29-2013 05:46 PM

"Harry" and "David"

Congratulations on the new additions to your family, Babette!!! :shake:

Cindy P 03-29-2013 05:52 PM

So happy you adopted them both... So pretty they are...I hope they bring you much happiness and love.

Mssarge 03-29-2013 06:14 PM

Wonderful, Babette, I know they have found a good home. However, as to naming them, I believe that animals find their own names...give them a few days and I'm sure they will tell you. They are so beautiful, and golden...I'd stick with something to do with their gorgeous coloring until you discover their true names...yes! I loved the show "Cats" and even the poetry upon which it was based and truly believe cats have one name for themselves and another by which they are known. Congrats on your new family members.

p.s. I'd suggest Tom and Jerry until you know their true names.

Shalbrihil 03-29-2013 06:48 PM

You've got a couple of beauties there Begete. Watch there habits and the names will come.

Begete 03-29-2013 08:05 PM

I am leaning towards Calvin and Hobbes but John is leaning towards Stan and Ollie. I am a little worried because they are not eating. They were eating kitten chow but we bought the best organic food our natural pet store carries and they won't touch it. However, they are getting used to me. Now when I go into the bathroom, they roll over for tummy rubs :)

LoveMontana 03-29-2013 08:07 PM

Oh how wonderful, Babette. The names will come to you and John, and you two alone from something simple, or more classic.

Msevon2 03-29-2013 08:21 PM

The last cat I had, was full grown. Bev was looking for a home for her and asked me to keep her til she could find one. I brought her home and when i opened the cat carrier, She flew off. I did not see her for a week. She stayed under the bed when I was around. But I knew she did come out cause the food dissappeared. One day i was sitting at my desk and something hit my leg. It scared me and I screamed and she took off. The next day, she came back and rubbed up on me. And the next night, she jumped up on the back of my chair. She loved to bed rubbed. Broke my heart when Bev came to take her to her new home. Not had one since. Those are pretty cats. One is a lot bigger than the other arent they. I had a girl about that color once. She could not meow. I named her butterscotch. Dont think that will work for boys though.

Norfolk Mermaid 03-30-2013 04:35 AM

Caude the Pussey; Tosca; Vanilla; Ginger; and your names are cute..... actually they are "Lucky" and "More Lucky" that they got picked by you and John.

I cannot stop looking at their pictures.... How about Lewis and Clark? They look like little explorers coming out of that carrier...Merryweather and I do not know the other ones first name but I think our pets should have full names like us humans.
How long is their fur? they look so big????

makrida 03-30-2013 06:23 AM

Sonny and Biscuit

tatehouse 03-31-2013 06:41 AM

RingaDing and DingaLing!!

Begete 03-31-2013 08:38 AM

Still no names.....I am leaning towards Calvin and Hobbes, DH like sports names like Eli and Peyton, or comedians like Ollie and Stan.

But still can't settle on them. They are both very sweet, rambunctious and, Ble, the chubby one is VERY affectionate.

birdlady 03-31-2013 10:23 PM

I named my new cat after the lady that I got him from Mrs Mire so Mirecat it is.lol

Norfolk Mermaid 04-01-2013 05:26 AM

Gladys!

I love it!!

SuSUN 04-01-2013 01:16 PM

William and Harry:D For you Royal Princes Babette.

What handsome chaps they are!

Their colour could suggest their names with things like Caramel, Biscuit and Baileys but I do prefer human names.

Yes, What Lucky Cats to have you two as their owners.:heart:

SuSUN 04-01-2013 01:18 PM

DD has been trying to get me to rescue two pups but my old guy is not ready for the extra activity around here yet. I am not too sure of the doggy owners restrictions with travelling as I may Winter in Florida next year. It is not always that easy to get a dog sitter as a cat sitter, besides I would miss my little buddies if I go for an extended period.

debkeversole 04-01-2013 01:23 PM

thank you thank you for adopting them! to transition to a new food you could try mixing it with the old food until they are used to it sudeen switches can cause tummy upsets too

they are gorgeous!

Begete 04-01-2013 04:30 PM

John doesn't like any of today's suggested names. I think they are going to remain "Blue" and "Red" as soon as we can replace Green's collar with a red one.

But EXCITING NEWS!!!!

Today, I was sitting on the floor petting Blue in my lap and he eventualy moved away to play with a toy and guess who walked over and climbed into my lap??? YES, Red!! He cuddled and purred for over 10 minutes til I had to move him off so John and I could go to the pet store to puchase a covered litter box.

They are both viewing the covered box with great suspicion. I mixed litter from the uncovered box with the new litter in the covered box, and though they are peeking in, neither has gotten in.

and also.....I thought I would see if they would eat some wet food, since those in the know seem to believe wet is better for cats, though I bought this horrificly expensive dry whole organic food made in Canada to replace the horrible Iams that they were eating in the shelter, and when I got downstairs, Blue was on the table in the bathroom and Red was under it, so I put a dish in each place. Blue ate most of his and then Red ate all of his and finished Blue's.

I swear, I don't know how young parents of twins manage. These two have me totally exhausted!

SuSUN 04-01-2013 07:17 PM

There is nothing more exciting than a new addition to the family. Great going Babette. Keep up the good work. You have 'Energised' all our lives, sharing all about these little ones. We are All mother hens at a distance of course. LOL!

modon69478 04-01-2013 07:29 PM

How about 'Bert' and 'Ernie', or 'Tom' and 'Jerry'?

Just trying to help,

tatehouse 04-02-2013 06:38 AM

Blue and Red work for me! My DGS had a yellow cat named Gray and I have a cat named Ducky...whatever works! As long as they are loved they will not care. And the names mean something to ya'll...Green is a conversation starter!

Norfolk Mermaid 04-02-2013 07:04 AM

Beete, there is a "kitten formula" that I have never seen cats love somthin so much. Very expensive but I pop for it a couple of times to just seem them go wild- it must be just like their mommys milk. It is a powder that you mix with water.

Shalbrihil 04-02-2013 03:53 PM

Great names Begete. They look so much a like that the color of there collars will keep the confusion down.