LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
THURSDAY Roll Call, March 28

I'm praying that Begete and her husband and neighbors are ok.........

Also keeping our ill friends here in mind and prayers, thoughts, etc.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
OMG - we missed the news. Have been working outside and running errands and haven't been online all day. Thanx for worrying about us.

We only learned of the landslide after 7 pm driving home from the gym. It was about 8 miles from our house, on the west side of the Island. We are on the east side. We almost bought a house on Fircrest. Most of the homes at the bottom are cabins and weekend home - but at the top, permanent full time homes.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:36 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
OOPs- posted on last night.

Whew, Beete and John- thats too darn close.
My heart is still pounding.
Hip- noooo pain for the first time in 3 mos... and not feeling sicky either.TBTG!
bbl gotta et this day a rolling along. Sun but cold still.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #4

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
I'm thankful to read the news, Begete, but sorry for the others affected. Lordy, really makes you think about your home insurance.

Hi Lainey!

Wishing everyone a good day, off to do paperwork and get the ball rolling on the house.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:20 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BeachyWoman
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2003
I was hoping that it wasn't close to you...what a scare Begete...Just popping in to say hello and check on my lc buddies. I'm not doing too good with my weight, but I'm still low carbing...hope everyone has a warm and fuzzy kind of Thursday. Glenda
BeachyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...sunny in SoCal although cooling a bit. The storm we were expecting is changing course and will be heading toward Doris's mountains. Hope it's not too bad.

Relief is a wonderful thing, glad it wasn't your area, Babette, but sorry to hear of the others' misfortune. Nasty things landfalls, as we here in the Southland are familiar with them. Too much rain and the hillsides get saturated and decide to change location.

Today's the day the cousins are coming to take my stuff away and my garage will be empty for the first time in many, many years. The car will be happy to have a roof over her head at night. I'm hoping they bring a bring truck as I was looking at the stuff yesterday and there's a lot there. Oh well, if the truck will hold the tools and poker table, I'll be happy as the rest of the stuff is in boxes and will fit into the car.

For those not familiar with my tale...my DH had a lot of woodworking tools and most of the small stuff was sold in yard sales last year but I'm left with several large tools that didn't sell. The best market for them is online and I decided that I didn't want to advertise and have strangers coming to my house...didn't think it would be too safe as there are too many sharks out there who like to take advantage of the "poor ol' widder woman" My cousin and his wife, who live on a highway and have lots of space volunteered to help me sell my stuff and I am so grateful to them for their help.

So guess I'd better start gittin' 'er done. In the meantime, y'all have a wonderful day, type ya' later.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Good morning just starting my day with a nice egg and sausage breakfast so thought I'd pop in to see what's happening with my buddies. What a relief to see you weren't affected by that landslide Begete. That was quite a chunk that fell off that cliff.

Glenda I'm not losing weight right now either with my lc eating. I think I need to cut back on a couple of higher calorie items and see if I can't kick start myself again.

Doris happy to see you are back home safe. Do you have your place on the market? I know what you're going through with you feet. I have something like that happening to my right foot. Mine is on the backside of the heel area and I have sharp pain when that area stretches while walking normal. I think I'm slowly falling apart.

It's nice and overcast here but the rain may not happen until Sunday if that. Garden will love it if it does.

Where's some wood to knock on? I haven't had a cold in a number of years. I know not to get too cocky though as it can find me anytime. Take care of yourself Anne.

Lainey, I'm so glad you are feeling better. Pain free is wonderful isn't it.

Take it one day at a time to the ones who are going through their trials. Will stop back later.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #8

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Glad to hear Babette and John are safe. Yes what a sorry state for your neighbours on the other side of the island.

Doris, hope you can rest those tender tootsies. Some TLC for YOU is in order.

Wonderful Spring weather up here again today. The thaw is underway. I helped nature some more again today with shovelling the piles of snow off my deck. About half still there that is frozen but with these mild temps it should thaw soon. I am excited to see a sprig of green.
I am picking a friend up tonight from a retirement residence. She went in for a week after a knee replacement last week. She wants to have her dinner there so I will pick her up at 7:30 bit late for me but what the heck...gotta go with the flow huh?

Are your shops all closed tomorrow? It seems most of ours are for Good Friday.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Greetings-

Happy to say that now that surgery is two weeks behind me my mobility is far better than i had expected. The staples (all 38 of them) came out on Monday, which makes wardrobe choices a bit easier. I'm walking around the house with short trips outside but not ready for Pilates quite yet.

The bad news is they discovered cancer in and outside my uterus, within one of my fibroids, and wrapped around an ovary. It cannot be determined whether the ovarian cancer originated independently or metastasized from the uterine cancer. So, the recommendation is the chemo protocol used for ovarian cancer, consisting of a platinum drug plus another whose name I forget. Chemo timing is within 2-4 weeks from now, 6 days on, then a 3 week break, and so on. I'm going to meet with a local oncologist on Monday to see if i can get the treatment nearby. Daily trips to NYC will be too much and I'd hate to impose on friends if I have a bad chemo reaction. Hopefully, I can get the treatments up here.

Husband Bob had his second chemo treatment last week and is doing well. He has been a real trooper looking after me, cooking, etc. Could not have managed on my own.

I'm reading a lot of mysteries, doing some needlework, practicing piano, and napping when I can. The post-surgery fatigue is so odd - like hitting a wall - but is improving day by day. Down to one prescription pain med at night and a couple of ibuprofen during the day - much faster healing than i expected.

So that's the latest. Thanks so much for your support - it really helps. Have a Happy Easter and a Happy Passover!

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Hi Louise, good to hear you're progressing so well. I ate another one of those delivered meals - the french toast. It was good. So far, I stay away from the scrambled eggs (all egg whites) unless you have a way to doctor them up.

Heading for bed. Sleep well friends.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Good to see you're doing so well Louise.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote