Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Monday, March 25 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/800258-monday-march-25-a.html)

Begete 03-25-2013 12:36 AM

Monday, March 25

Wow....I thought someone else would have started Monday's thread. It's almost 1 am on the west coast and I cannot sleep...

Have a good one.

I hope to garden today.

Msevon2 03-25-2013 05:21 AM

Good morning ladies. Blessing on your day.

Begete, sorry you had a problem going to sleep. I am having that problems also, so learned to take a benedryl before bedtime. It works. I dont always have a problem, just periods that come. And I have been in lots of pain in the last week so guess that started it. But after I went to bed at 11, I slept til 7 am. Of course not in the same place all night. I woke up at 3:30 and had to move to the recliner but that is not unusual. I hardly ever sleep in the same place all night any more. Am I the only one with that problem? I doubt it. And my bed sleeps so good. I have an old fashion metal bed stead and it has the thick mattress and box springs and then I have a 4 in memory foam mattress on top of that. I am not tall, so I just about need a stool to get on it. But it is like sleeping on a cloud, and most of the time nothing hurts when I sleep on it. Can even sleep on my back sometimes. But atlest I sleep and in a little while I will go to work refreshed.

Have a good day and may it be a prosperous one filled with blessings.

tatehouse 03-25-2013 06:18 AM

Good morning all,

DD and DGS fixed the oven. I don't think it will last a long time as they used tape to secure the controls in place behind the face plate. I'm sure the heat from the oven will make the tape pull loose but it is workable now. With summer coming I will use the grill mostly not the oven so I might be able to wait till fall to buy a new one. But a new one is in my future. Been wanting one since I moved here but am too cheap!

It is very cool here today. What happened to Spring? Spring break starts today for both the grands so I will have Maggie all day all week. If I am not around much that is where I am...

Doris are you home now? Are you going to start packing? I know you are excited about the coming move. And Verleen, too.

Have a good week all.

Anne

Norfolk Mermaid 03-25-2013 07:15 AM

Still sicker than I remember ever being.
Goin back to bed.

Crazy Cat 03-25-2013 07:47 AM

Lainey-you need to go to the doctor. You should be getting better by now, and really a cold shouldn't be that bad. You might have bronchitis or even pneumonia, and by now you may also be dehydrated. Take care of yourself.:console:

Loretta V 03-25-2013 08:13 AM

Thanks Begete for starting us on our way today. Did you make a decision about the pet adoption?

You can have the mouse I have in my car. Please take him. He has eaten up all my nuts. First I thought someone got in my car and ate them. I refilled my container and the next day they were all gone again. Now, finally getting smart identifying his calling card, I have covered my nuts. He has gone to eating the tissue I carrry. I have a glue board placed on the floor board. Any suggestions? I have never had this happen before.

Anne be careful using that oven. Is that electric? I am so ready for spring. I think we have some nice 60s predicted for this weekend. Snowing today.

Begete 03-25-2013 08:50 AM

LOL. Loretta we have the same problem. I carry cheese stiks in our car and when they were gone "someone" nibbled on a stack of napkins.

No decision yet on adoption. Just cannot "feel" anything other than pity for the kitties we "met." No potential soul mate.....

Lainey - I think the Dr is in order, too.

Mssarge 03-25-2013 08:50 AM

Good morning all....up earlier with the puppy which seems to be the norm, then pop back into bed for a few extra winks.

I'm thinking Doris is in Arizona or SoCal as we type as she was in New Mexico yesterday...I'm sure we'll hear from here later as they wend their way home...safe travels for all on the road today.

Lainey, hoping you're feeling better today.

Thinking of Linda as she undergoes her surgery today and wishing her the best.

Waving to all and wishing you a good day, too.

I'm out of trouble today as I have a doc's appointment this afternoon, so can't get into much before and after. Y'all be good and have some fun today, even if the winter is still in your area.

Norfolk Mermaid 03-25-2013 09:35 AM

Thanks everyone. I did see a Dr. last friday and he listened to my chest and said I had what everyone else has... no temp. at all just miserable. I just ate a tuna fish/mayo sandwich that is the first solid food in 9 days and that deep cough is completely gone. I even went to the mail box and got the mail (brrr it is cold out there) so I am on the way UP at last. I missed garbage pick up last week so am hoping to et all the sick room stuff out of the house by late this afternoon. Again thanks all for thinking of me.
I am hoping Linda did OK.

Verleen 03-25-2013 09:51 AM

I'm thinking of Linda and hoping all goes well. To have this surgery done without anesthesia shows what a tough gal she is.

Lainey, I hope I don't see another post with you complaining how sick you are. I want to read that you went to the dr. Please.

Mice in a car is a real problem. They can chew up the electrical wires and do some serious damage. One year we had acorns and dog kibble placed on top of the engine block. They were having a barbeque I suppose. I remote started my car and when I went out, my nose was hit with a horrible smell. We had to break up their little picnics. Loretta I hope you don't panic if you see a mouse while you are driving.

We have done very little packing here. Just some things for the attic. Rich had a problem with the stair lift contractor this morning and I had to get in the middle of it and smooth things over.

I wonder when Doris will get the final word that the house is hers. Hoping and :aprayer: it goes well. It is a lovely house. I guess our house is ours now. The realtor has replaced the 'For Sale' sign with a "Sold" sign.

ocali 03-25-2013 10:16 AM

Just got back from having a nice pedicure; then went shopping to stock up the fridge, etc. for my weekend company. They'll only be here a few days..from Thursday night to Sunday but I don't want them thinking I'm starving myself! On Saturday, we're driving down to Orlando for the day because my DDIL wants to check on some scrap-booking place there. She's really, really into that and does beautiful work.
Verleen, "sold" is good. Are you excited and is Rich agreeing to all the new rules? He'd better, right?
Lainey, I said it before and I'll repeat it...get thee to a doctor!
Anne, hope that tape holds up, at least for a reasonable time.
Begete, ditto to what all the others are telling you.
Hi to all above and those who will be below this.

Shalbrihil 03-25-2013 11:45 AM

Begete a big Thank You for starting for us. I slept until 10 am this morning which is something I don't usually do. Maybe a benedryl to bring on the groggy feeling at bedtime too will help me. I know it helps my little fur guy when he gets real nervous over certain sounds.

Lainey it's good to read you are finally getting better and doc let you know you have just an old cold. That sandwich was just what you needed.

Doris I bet you both are traveling on I-5 right? If so you are quite a ways from our Hwy 101. If we are all correct you are now in Calif.

Julie that pedi sounds just wonderful. I love to have my feet messaged. What color polish did you choose this time?

Linda you are in my thoughts as you go through your repair surgery today. I commend you for requesting a local. I know you'll be taking it easy for a few days. :heart:

Verleen what a wonderful feeling to have the SOLD sign now in your new house yard. Keep up your strength so you can be a referee for Dh and workers.

Looks like we need eggs so Trader Joe's is waiting for us. Check back later. Have a good one. :)

mykneesareback 03-25-2013 03:32 PM

Hi gang, we are in Flagstaff, AZ, sticking to highway 40 or "Route 66" as it used to be called. Are hitting Calif. tomorrow. We don't do "5", takes too long for where we have to go, but tried it coming up, so we could stop at Pea Soup andersons.

Verleen, how nice to have the house actually be yours now! We are hurrying home so we get there to get the important paper work out and faxed to the loan person, we have a certain amount of time to do that. That is why we left Texas earlier than planned.

Loretta, I'd freak out if I saw a mouse in the car, but I have heard of people having that problem before. They put some kind of mouse catching sticky thing into the car, and left it alone, didn't drive the car until the mouse "got caught".

Anne, good thing your daughter and grandson could temporarily repair the oven.

Sharon, bet you are enjoying some nice weather now.

Mary, hope the doctor appt. goes well.

Also woke up thinking about Linda and hoping it all goes smoothly and on time for her today.

Begete, glad you can garden today!

Julie, enjoy your visitors, and good thing you shopped well. :shake:

Lainey, hoping your feeling so bad today was that early morning malaise that a person gets when recovering from a cold, your body trying to warm up for the day, plus, it's Monday!

Waving at the rest of our crew.

It was 17 degrees in Tucumcari this morning and dh had to scrape ice off the windshield before we could leave, we got up after 5:30, had a quickie motel breakfast.

Take care.

LoveMontana 03-25-2013 06:25 PM

Evening everyone,

Thanks for the start off, Babette. It will take some time to get through your grief about Pandora, so please don't rush into a new one right away.

Verleen, you must be so very excited about the new home. Can't wait to see photos.
Thank you for the thoughts.

Loretta, we have had mice in our heater motors and had to take the thing apart to get rid of the nest. You might want to have someone do that for you.

Sharon, you are fortunate to have a Trader Joe's near.
Thank you for the thoughts.

Doris, you must be thrilled to be on the way home. Hope you have an uneventful trip.

LOL Mary, hopefully you can get the puppy on your sleep schedule.
Thank you for the good thoughts.

Lainey, my goodness:sad: Hopefully you will be better soon.

Hi to the rest. I need to put an ice bag on my face.

Surgery is over and went well. Had a bit of a "discussion" with the doc about no sedation, ( told him if he was nervous about doing a procedure to take the med himself :D ) but I did get my way.

modon69478 03-25-2013 06:52 PM

So glad to see your post, Linda, and even more glad that everything went well. Have been checking on and off throughout the day to see if you'd post today.

Sleep well,
Michele

Norfolk Mermaid 03-25-2013 07:25 PM

Went to WEB M.D. I had the FLU!

The only way to tell the difference from a cold or the flu is with the flu there is NO APPITITE! Now for me to not want food or to not have food for 9 days is NOT normal and way more than a cold. I kept thinking that I had to have a fever for it to be the flu but WebMD says there is not always a fever with the flu that NOT WANTING food was the true factor in telling the difference.
I am just sayin what they said!!!!! I had tins of chicken soup here but could not bring myself to eat any at all and I always want that with a cold.
The tuna sandwich was a BIG mistake as I am now havin to do a laundry in the middle of the night and scrub myself, the hallway and the entire bathroom. I am hopin the extra "D" meds kick in and I am done for the night. Crazy virus I must have had.
This will be my last FLU report or "complaining" post. I still think a cold or the flu now that I am older does make it far worse.
Sweet dreams all.
Linda- good job on that surery.
bbt