Old 03-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Friday, March 22

Hi everyone,

Just getting this up for tomorrow. That's my big day to see the new mastocytosis doc.

Doris,can't believe you found a house so fast. Will your current home be hard or easy to sell? I haven't started gardening yet, as the few nice days we had, I was sick. Maybe next week.

Linda....how r u doing?

Lainey...ru any better?

Gotta get some stuff done, so will check in tomorrow.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Sticking my foot in the door. Thanks for the start off, Babette.
Best of luck with the new mastocytosis doctor. Hope this one is great for you.

Awesome Doris on the new home you found. Hope it's a keeper.

Head injuries are not much fun. Been sleeping a lot off and on but that is expected.

Surgery to repair the orbital floor is Monday and I insisted and got it scheduled under a local anesthetic. Doc. still wants stand by anesthesiologist.

Be back tomorrow
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:14 AM   #3

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good Morning All,

I am up early than I wanted to be but isn't that par for the course for many of us here?

Thanks Babette for our opening for today. Hope that doc works out well for you.

Linda, Hopefully they can do your Sx under a local. Sending best wishes for a smooth and positive outcome.
What is the car in your Avi? It sure looks interesting...

I am off to the movies tonight with 3 GFs. We are going to see Halle Berry in 'The Call.' Hope its not too scary. We are meeting for a quick supper at 4:30 the show is 6:30

Waving to All as you start your day. Hope to check back later.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Got an Easter Egg Hunt to attend and am running late as usual

Congratulations on the new house, Doris. Being close to the Grand just makes things well, GRAND.

Lainey, Keep getting better Sugar.

I'll be back if I can.
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:05 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good Morning and thanks Begete for start out.

I feel like my system is using this cold?/Flu? as a spring cleaning... got to make a kleenix and Niquill run later today and a few other items so I guess I am feeling some better. I do know that the very scarey cough is way improved.
All my appts. got moved to next week so I plan to lay low till my eye appt Monday.
Verleen Good OH on the food delivery- and you eat it "MISSY"! Molly can have a taste ok? It was so sad to think of you not having plenty to eat.
Doristhat is some news on a house. Please, please grap a few minutes to describe it for us- could we get a real estate site to see pictures? Great and good luck to you both.
Linda glad you got the surgery the way you want it to be. for the best outcome possible.
SuSun I downloaded The Life of PI because there is a long wait for BB's. I will still get the DVD as it is a very beautiful movie. I read the book over 10 years ago when it was brand new in hard cover and went wild for that book. I do not think the move got it completely (think The Secret Sharer) but close as possible I feel pretty sure. Oprah bought the movie rights while I was readin the book so when I et the DVD I will check for her name on the credits somewhere.
Wow, I must be better, huh? Still not up for any food though- plenty of winter fat reserves right?
bbl
Anne thanks- we were cross posting. take care yerself!

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 03-22-2013 at 06:08 AM..
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good morning all,

So glad to see Linda's post - sleep/rest is probably the very best thing right now; I just hope you're not in too much pain.

Am happy to have a day off today, but have lots to do. Will be leaving soon to pick up my dog walk bib, go to the tailor, and pick up some more LC bread from Sprouts. The A/C man is due this afternoon to do his annual check-up and then I plan to hit the gym and do some house cleaning.

Tomorrow is the dog walk that attracted thousands last year; I hope they have a good turn out this year. The proceeds support service dogs. I'll try to take pictures and post.

Got to get going - take care everyone,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #7

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Hi friends, thanks for getting us going, Begete. Hope the new doctor works out very well for you!

Linda, wish you could become pain free soon, but looks like you will have good care, darned weekend, so it can be done and over with though. So the car is gone, and you have to find another one now? Doggone it!

Michele, I remember that large "doggie gathering", will it be on tv news?

Anne, enjoy the egg hunt!

Susan, hope you enjoy the movie, I have no idea what it's about at all, but having friends to yak with will be good anyway.

Lainey, hoping your cold improves swiftly now, gee whiz, you have been sick for a long time.

The home inspection is happening right now, we head over there with son and daughter in law by 11:00, to see the results and see how it went.

I'll post pictures after we are back home, don't want to do it on this lap top. It's a 4 bd. home, 18 min. away from the kid's house. Built in 1998. We were "downsizing", but this house is the biggest house we have ever had, lol. Room for guests and holiday stuff, if it works out, that is.

dh is napping in this motel room, he is pooped, but alternately enlivened because of our grandson and some fun times.

We have to set a moratoriam on meals for ourselves, my goodness, the choices available here are outrageous, the grocery stores with so much fresh fruit and veggies, makes my head spin, not used to that at all. There is a walking path near where the house is, so should be good to walk there, but not in summer

Take care of yourselves.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
It's snowing here! a fairly rare occurrence. Driving in snow is never fun, but at least in Pennsylvania, people KNOW HOW to drive in it!

Wish us luck!

whuh
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Good morning. Just washed my hair and resting up to take a shower. Hopefully Cathy and I will go shopping at Lowes today and then have lunch/dinner. We are looking for a baseboard heater, a ceiling fan for my bedroom and a microwave oven.

The contractor had to stop working for us because he had a prior committment. And the work isn't done. So we are looking for another contractor. Some of the work is electrical and I'd just as soon as hire an electrician. Rich likes fly-by-night cheapos. He is also looking for someone off the internet which I don't like. We are so incompatible that its not funny. He's an appalachian woodchuck and I'm into culture and sophistication. I like things to look nice. He likes to hoard and make a mess. People feel sorry that Rich has to be in the basement. That was the only way he could live with Cathy and me. He also loves the basement. Hopefully he won't be doing things down there that could burn the house down. Cathy has already told him there won't be trash cans in the middle of every room. And the kitchen trash can has to be covered. It seems odd that we have to set rules like this. He is also not allowed to have slippers, shoes and boots all over every room of the house. He is not allowed to do anything that adds decaying smells in the house. He has agreed to all this, but we'll see. Oh, and she told him there will not be tools, pots and anything else laying in the yard, on the porches or all over the garage. We are trying to control him from day one. Oh and all his pets and their cages/tanks have to be kept clean so that there is no smell to leak up through the house.

I have to take a look at the food site. Thank you again Michele. I'm going to order an assortment to try.

Linda, I hope that surgery turns out well for you and that they keep you pain free.

Babette, glad you are feeling better.

Lainey, I hope you are on the mend now.

Doris, I'd love to see some pictures of your house. Usually all realtors put their houses on the internet. Is there a link you could give us?

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...just checking in over the morning coffee and deciding what to do today; which probably means I'll get into some kinda trouble somewhere, someway. All the doctor visits this week and back to the cardiologist on monday as a follow-up to the holter thingie I did in January...time to feed the tail waggers, so may bbl after deciding what to do.
'Have a great day y'all.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Doris, you can see how anxious we all are to see pics of the house!! Yes, give us a link so we can check it out..
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #12

I haven't given a link to the house because I don't know how, plus, I don't want to jinx it.
The MLS # is 11915345 if that helps, Frisco, Texas. We still haven't told anyone in our family yet, either.

Oh Verleen, I hope you feel good enough to go with Cathy. I hope Rich will come to terms with the "rules", too.

The home inspection went well, no "big issues", but houses in Texas are built with a lot less rules than in California. Just hoping the A/C keeps working well.

Have a pleasant evening, friends.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Thanks Doris, but we will need the name of the realtor too. Gosh this so exciting for you.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #14

Oh, lol.
Ebby Halliday........................ebby.com
Old 03-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #15

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Oh Doris, congratulations. Is this it? If it is, it's lovely
http://www.estately.com/listings/inf...0-woodland-way

Car in the avatar is one my brother is working on in Missoula.

Hi to everyone, back to the couch.

Last edited by LoveMontana; 03-22-2013 at 03:09 PM..
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Love your new house,you will enjoy it.It looks like a nice walking around the block place.Hope you sell your place really soon.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I love your new house, Doris. When do we move in? Just think all those bedrooms and 2 bathrooms! We raised our 2 kids with only one bathroom and 3 bedrooms. Still don't know how we did it. We are still here in it. LOL!
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...back from paying my reparations to the local tribe,,yep, went out and played some poker and dropped a few bucks in the slots...sigh! When will I learn?

Doris, hope that is your house but understand not wanting to jinx it. Seems like every time I told family we were buying, something came up to put the kibosh on the deal...keeping fingers crossed for you. When do you start back to Californee? Have a safe trip when ever.

Verleen, keeping my fingers crossed for you as well...sometimes it hardest to stop a klutz from "helping out around the house."

Time for my bowl o'soup and I'm hungry...that's why I try to stay busy on my DD's to keep me out of the kitchen...hope you had a great day

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:30 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Doris, that house is beautiful. Sure hope it all goes thru successfully. It looks to be in great condition with all the amenities. Good luck!
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Oh Doris- what a wonderful house for you.

This board is on the move.
One week down on this cold and I am better but quite the ways to go yet. I am not fighting it at all- just going to wait it out.
Back to bed and my "The Dark Tower #VII".
bbl
Thinking of Linda and Louise and DH.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote