Old 03-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Wednesday, march 20, 2013

Just getting us started.

Had a bit of a relapse today, but hoping to make it to book club tomorrow.

Here's hoping all who are ailing are soon recovered.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
ood moring all...no strenth to hit the- you know what key.

Beet, I think I have what you and John are oing throuh except I do feel somewhat better after only 4 days. I will make my chemo dr. appt. later today and my book is in and it is the last day to return 2 books so I have to do that.
Oh, and her hihness Lady SuSun is out of shrimp.
I best et started gettin ready as I am movin real slow.
MARY, THANK YOU AND I AM LISTENIN TIHT. MY LUNGS WERE HORRID WITH WHEEZING SO BAD I HAD TO TALK MYSELF INTO "NOT" GASPING FOR AIR- Afraid of passing out and am just thankful I did not have to call the techs. Thanks again.

adendum: does anyone know how long those puffers are good for? I'll also ask the dr. today.

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 03-20-2013 at 06:05 AM..
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Good morning all

Well, to add insult to injury my wall oven decided to fall apart yesterday! The control panel just fell backwards!! I think I can take the face plate off and resusitate the old thing. But after buying a new mower and a new dryer I hate to spend more on a new wall oven. Who knew they were so expensive??? 3x what a stove would be.

Well...whine whine whine. Other than that I am doing quite well. I started Harlan Coben's new book yesterday. Called Six Years. What a good writer. I enjoy him so much.

Off to do a few small errands. BBL
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Good morning! I was out at 8 a.m. fertilizing the lawn. I have one of those little hand spreaders, but since I have a small lawn around the house, it works out fine. One 15 lb. bag of Weed 7 Feed is just the right amount. That's one less chore for DS to do next week.
Hope to nap some time today and then go out for dinner tonight.
Hope all the sickies get to feeling better today!
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning y'all...I, too, was up and out (in the backyard) this morning at 8 am...puppy has decided that's when he wants to go out and he wants company to do his business....sigh! I guess I taught him that as I'd take him out first thing. Now, he's decided that's the right time. Oh well...this too shall pass. Looks like we're settlin' into the 70-degree pattern which is okay with me; it will get hotter soon enough.

Back to the eye doc this afternoon but I don't think there's been much change, so maybe the eyes have stabilized. Tomorrow is my bi-annual visit with the gp and Monday I go back to the Cardiologist as a follow-up to the holter (sic) device I wore back in January. I had expected them to make the follow-up and then forgot about it so I called to make the appointment. That should do it for the doc's for a while, although I should go back to the pulmonologist...haven't seen him in about two years...

I'm reading a couple of books...The Blood Sugar Solution by Dr. Mark Hyman and Debora Geary's new one The Celtic Witch...I love her stories and wish I lived in her books family. I finally fired up my Android tablet and am using it as a Kindle e-reader at least...maybe I'll use it for all the rest of its applications if I get used to handling it.

Tried a couple of things on the notebook last night but still have the bug I was talking about...can't seem to discover what the actual program is that's causing my problem...oh well, I'll keep at it and if I can't find it I'll call upon a friend to help...sigh!

Anne, it seems as tho' technology seems to be troubling you...hope you can make a quick fix on the oven and I agree, it's amazing how much stuff has risen in price in the last few years.

Lainey, keep it up...sorry you're still ill but hope you're getting better. The puffer's usage depends on how much you're using it...I hate to say it. If you're using it several times a day it won't last as long as if you're using it only once or twice a day....although it should last at least a month. I used mine only as an "emergency" so only occasionally and they last several months.

Babette, two steps forward and one step back seems to be the norm with this bug...hope you're feeling better today. I understand this storm is dumping a lot of rain in your area...stay warm and dry.

Hugs to everyone else and hoping you have a great day and they're singing Tomorrow on my news channels saying the sun will be out tomorrow but we're nice and sunny here.

Happy Springtime all...Vernal Equinox this morning, so it's officially here...hope it's nice in your area

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 03-20-2013 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: Add Springtime note
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Sunny day,very nice.
Almost time to go out and feed the animals and pick up the results.lol
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Thanks Begete for the start off today. Hope you feel better so you can enjoy your book club.

Still no stormy weather here just overcast and a bit muggy. Looking like our temps with be as yours Mary.

Took a waffle recipe by Maria Emmerich and made that this morning for my breakfast. Turned out they were a nice change. Dh had breakfast with his friends and is now back. We don't have much planed but one never knows what the day will bring.

Sorry about all your trials Anne. We just had our wall heater replaced and love it but ours was something planned not a surprise. Hoping it will all work out for you. Enjoy your book. I like Harlan Coben's books too. He's a great writer of mysteries.

Linda how you doing today. Keeping you in my thoughts.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Checking in to see if there is any word on Linda.

I've been sick the past 3 days - about par for the course for me. I'm hoping I am better by Friday because Cathy and I planned to go shopping for some things for the new house. Back to bed with me.

Anne, so sorry about your oven. They say things come in threes. Maybe you're done for the year now.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Hi, just checking in on Linda, Verleen, Lainey, Begete, and anyone else sick or just plain down in the dumps.

We looked at houses today, walked all over the place, head spinning, etc. But expected it to be this way.

Have a good evening, friends.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Doris, Did you get any hail last night?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03-13.jpg (23.4 KB, 8 views)
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Michele! What a load of hail. That's really something.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Back from the eye doc and things are pretty much as I expected, little change and come back in six weeks...so the duration between visits is getting longer which is a good thing. Good news, tho', the bleeding in the back of the eye has stopped, he took the stitch out of the cornea, and the retina doc says, "no surgery." So, all in all it was a very good visit. He thinks the astigmatism will be improved a bit with the removal of the stitch, so there's hope on the horizon.

Now I'm hoping tomorrow's visit with the gp will show the blood test results to be as good.

Hope your day was good...whole lot of hoping going on, which is a good thing.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Sharon, At least it didn't do any damage and it was in the middle of the night - In past years, I've gotten caught in the car at rush hour when the hail was softball size and I ended up with a whole bunch of damage.

I sure hope Linda is coming along and is okay.
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #14

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Just checking in to see if any news on Linda.

We had a glorious day up here for the first day of Spring. We still have tons of snow around but the sun was out all day no wind and above zero so that Spring Fever feeling is in the air.

Yikes Michele on that hail.

Thank YOU Babette for starting our day. Glad to hear that you are on the mend hope you make it to the book club.

Oh Lainey, hope you feel stronger soon sounds like you are steadily improving.

How exciting Doris. You will choose the right place when you see it. One that ticks all the boxes as they say.

Oh Julie, great going on that weed n seed done already.

Wonderful to hear from you Verleen. Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can go shopping on Friday.

Oh Yuk Anne, yes lets hope you have had your three now.

Sharon, Yummy on that waffle. I enjoy the Dukan pancake you might enjoy that for a change too.

Mary, Great news from the eye dr wishing you continued recovery and thanks for naming those books you are reading.

Gladys, good for you getting the grass cut on your ride on. How long will that last till you have to cut it again?

Louise, continued prayers and smooth recovery.

Wishing All a pleasant evening and good sleep.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #15

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Stopping in to say hi and let everyone know I'm OK. Just hurt like hell in places I didn't know I had.

Looked at the car today. Unfortunately, it's a goner. Then went to pick up the CT scan and ER reports.
Will see the plastic and reconstructive surgeon tomorrow to see about surgery. With any luck, I won't need it.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad to see your post Linda. I bet you're sore. It seems like the older we get the more fragile we get. Keeping fingers crossed you can pass one the surgery.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
I'll be prayin for you Linda...

That had to be so very scarey.
This cold/flu ? has me hurting pretty bad so I will re- arrange my appointments for tomorrow and friday till next week.
I am just sick, sick, sick!
bbt
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote