Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Tuesday, march 19, 2013 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/799828-tuesday-march-19-2013-a.html)

Begete 03-18-2013 08:43 PM

Tuesday, march 19, 2013

LINDA, you poor thing. Have you seen a doctor? Was your car totaled? We're you alone? Is Todd OK?

Thought I would start us off today. Have a good one and feel better everyone who is ailing.

LoveMontana 03-18-2013 09:07 PM

LOL, I hurt in places I didn't know I had, Babette. Thanks for Asking.
Was taken by ambulance to the hospital after the cut me out of the car, and spend many hours in there undergoing CT scans and blood work. Will see the Plastic and reconstructive surgeon in a few days to see about some repair of the orbital floor and nasal bones.
Car is totaled, but Tod is fine.:up: He stayed home while I went to visit the family.

birdlady 03-18-2013 09:30 PM

Oh Linda,that hurts but your lucky to have survived.Keep us posted.
Doris, that is a nice picture on Facebook,can you get it posted here.
BBL

modon69478 03-19-2013 05:02 AM

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about your car accident. I hope that you're not in too much pain as you begin the healing process. Hugs to you and Louise and anyone else need one this morning.

Michele

Doug_H 03-19-2013 06:04 AM

Linda, sorry to hear that. Take care:hugs:

We have been having beautiful weather the last few days and the garden is growing. Picked a couple small radishes the other day.

Doug

ocali 03-19-2013 06:11 AM

Oh, Linda, so sorry to hear what happened to you. Are you all black and blue today? Take care!

Norfolk Mermaid 03-19-2013 06:23 AM

OH Linda, so sorry about your car crash.....
I gotta go this is the worst cold I have ever had. I feel just awful. I think there is a little improvement though.
bbl
SURE HAS HELPED WITH THE NO SMOKING....UCK, DO NOT WANT ONE AT ALL.

mykneesareback 03-19-2013 06:49 AM

Oh Linda, what an awful accident, does the ibruprofen help enough for the pain? Can't imagine such facial injury, dang!

Hoping Lainey gets better, did you call the doctor for some help?

I'm limping less, myself, lol.

Verleen, that old house is bound to have things going on inside with it, hope it can all be repaired safely and with not too much expense.

Taking the day off, just hanging around here and doing the mall later on, kids are still working today.

Begete, are you doing better now, able to get out into the yard for awhile?

Waving at you guys, Michele, Gladys, Susan, Loretta, Julie in lovely Florida, Anne, Mary, Sharon, and sorry if I left anyone out. Been staying up way too late, playing with grandson and just yapping too much...........as usual. :sick: Oh, and Hi to Doug!!

tatehouse 03-19-2013 07:01 AM

Hello everyone. A newsy day! Sorry you had the wreck, Linda, but am so glad you were able to walk away! You are in my thoughts as you go through the healing

You, too, Lainey. Hope you feel better fast.

Sounds like the house is coming right along, Verleen.

Well, to add insult to injury my wall oven decided to fall apart on me last night. The control panel just fell backwards. So all the knobs and buttons are unreachable. I'm going to try to take the face plate off and push it all back through the proper holes ... after a new lawn mower and a new dryer I can't afford a new wall oven. Who knew they were so pricey? Geez! I'm telling you this year has not been kind to me. Whine whine whine.

Hope to BBL

Anne

Verleen 03-19-2013 08:44 AM

Linda, I looked everywhere where you posted about your accident. I couldn't believe I missed it, but I couldn't find it. I'm so sorry, rather horrified, to hear of your serious acccident. I can't imagine being cut out of my car. I hope you heal quickly and not too much surgery is needed.

Nothing to report here, except we got quite a bit of snow. Dr. appt this afternoon. Rich is trying to clear the driveway so we can go to it.

Take care everyone.

Shalbrihil 03-19-2013 10:34 AM

Linda you sure know how to shock a gal! Dang! Sorry you were in the wrong place and got caught in that wreck. Hang tuff with the healing repair process. Positive thoughts and fast healing :hugs:

Susan our rat terriers weigh in between 15 to 20 pounds. Little Tad is the sensible eater and my other one, Zip, is my foodie. He will sit up on his own as a form of begging for his treats. HA!

Thank you Begete for starting us off. We were able to find a nice Dwarf Meyer lemon tree. It will be a while until we can enjoy the lemons but while we are waiting we will sure enjoy that little tree in our backyard.

Dh is getting anxious to get more coffee at Trader's so need to be off. Take care and keeping everyone who needs a prayer in my thoughts. BBL

ocali 03-19-2013 03:50 PM

Temperature here in the upper 80's today, yeah! I bought fertilizer and if the weather is right tomorrow, it will go down on the lawn. The dollar weeds have taken over this year.

Mssarge 03-19-2013 07:16 PM

Good evening, friends of the inner sanctum...had a get-up-and-go morning as I went to the VA to have a fasting bloodtest taken, so only put drops in the eyes, dressed, fed the tail waggers and rushed out the door...no coffee or nuttin'. Just wanted to ensure the doc having the results for my appointment on Thursday.

Linda, sorru to hear of the accident, a bunch of good vibes coming your way. Those multi-car accidents are hard to avoid. When I had my one accident a few years ago I was amazed at how quickly every thing happens. Hope the aches and pains are much better today.

Lainey, hope you're getting better, too. Glad you've quit the smokes and hope this time it takes....COPD is nothing to mess with, and I have only a slight case of emphysema in one lobe but watched the DH suffer for a long time....heal thyself, lady, you can do it.

Hope this day found everyone doing well and I hope good things came your way...for me, the poker table was not my friend....sigh!