Just a kickstart.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I'm trying out the attachment feature so here goes. I found a pic of one of my fur kids. Hope this works.

Just peeked and see that one came through.

Happy St. Paddy's Day! I'm planing on wearing green. LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 006_renamed_3814.jpg (73.0 KB, 15 views)
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:07 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Just reserving my spot here. Happy St. Patty's Day. Gee, I have nothing green to wear.
I've been reading John Grisham's "The Chamber" and staying up really late reading in bed at night. You'd think I would sleep late, but no...Up at 5:30. What's with that?
Verleen, so glad the house is getting ready for occupancy. When do you think that you'll actually be moving there?
Doris, good luck on the house hunt. Are you looking for a single home or an apartment type place? Several of my friends are living in senior housing and they love it. It's independent living with nice little apartments. And, then if/when you need some care, the same complex has assisted living. You can even have your meals in the main dining room...the choice is yours.
To everyone else with or without the aches, pains, temps, coughs, etc., etc. try to have a nice Sunday.
TTFN
Old 03-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
Good morning ladies and Happy St Patricks Day. I was looking at my green yesterday but it seems too hot for today. But what a difference a day makes. We got to 79 yesterday and it will only be around 54 today. North Carolina mantra is Variety vacationland. We have the mountains, we have the oceans and we have every changing weather. You can snow ski one day and water ski the next.

I have been off plan so last Monday was the start back day. But all bets were off when I got to work. And the donuts were waiting. So I actually started on Tuesday. Doing Atkins again. When I weigh yesterday, down 5. I know it is water, but isnt most of the body? So it counts. This week will try to cut down on the salt too. Did not do great this morning. I bought sausage at the store yesterday. Had eaten all my bacon and walmart is more expensive on bacon that other chains, so will get more at one of them. I got a pound of sausage as a stand in. It was pretty good for sausage. I dont eat it most of the time, and usually when I do eat sausage, it is the link kind in the casing. I found a brand I really love. So every couple months, that is my treat. I had to go to the store for butter. I got 2 bags of shrimp last week and had not butter for them. That is on my menu for today. Might make scalapini. I got some garlic that needs eating.

Hope we all have a good day.
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
Happy St. Paddy's Day!

I don't think I have any green winter clothes, and since it's only 35° today and supposed to snow, my green t-shirts just won't do. Yesterday was beautiful, almost 60°.
Good to hear from Verleen & Louise, I wonder what's going on with Ginny? Hope Begete & Lainey feel better soon. My dad is just getting over a respiratory infection, it took 2 antibiotics and he's still using a nebulizer. He didn't leave the house for almost a week, which is really unusual for him.
Looking at more houses today, the one I fell in love with has a bad septic sewer. Unless the seller wants to fix it or come down in price about $20K the deal is off. Really unhappy about that.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good Morning everyone,

Starting out a little slow this morning, but will pick up steam in a little bit - heading to the gym, then run a few errands, and meet some friends later in the afternoon to walk our dogs at the park. Spring time is so nice, but so short-lived here. Enjoy your day as best can!

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/151.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Yes, Top of the Morning All,

Thank You Linda for our humorous start to today.

We celebrated DSIL's birthday last night at a steak house. What a feast whew! I couldn't finish it all. The dog did have a little taste of steak last night when I got home. I may eat the rest tonight.
I had a filet mignon blue cheese encrusted with asparagus, button mushrooms, orange and red peppers and half a baked pot w sour cream. Starters were scallops wrapped in bacon, and warmed brie with pesto and red wine jello. I did have a large glass of Pinot Grigio and I will not mention the dessert. His birthday is really tomorrow but he leaves for a week in Orlando on business this evening so we celebrated before he left.

Sharon, Just love your pic of one of your fur kids, how old are they? what breed are they? I just love that face.

Michele, Yes Spring is a great season when it finally gets here. We have sunshine today around minus -5 so not too bad. We have a threat of 10" snow fall on Tuesday so Winter will have its last hurrah.

I wore green on Friday for the Irish Dancing Do and I got that out of my system. DH's grandfather was from Waterford, so I am Irish by marriage, last name. DH's sister lives in Co. Mayo and it is her BD tomorrow too.
I will give a a BD phone call. Cards were mailed over a week ago.

Nothing much on my agenda to day the way I like it. Hope to check back later... Have a pleasant day All.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all and Happy St. Paddy's day...I'm afraid (and hate to admit) my roots are from Northern Ireland, so it's the wearing of the orange for me...got kind of worn out wearing the green whilst in the Army which is a good thing 'cause it's not a good color for me

Glad to hear of the house hunting and house finding for so many of our friends. Guess it is a season of change with all of you finding new nests. Good luck with the new abodes...I'm still trying to get rid of the "stuff" so I can start looking for something new, too.

Also sounds like some really nasty bugs making the rounds, too, with all the taking of the antibiotics...good wishes going out for a healing day for you all.

NASCAR is in Bristol, Tennessee, this morning and starting early so my morning is busy with them, then this afternoon a few more episodes of Downton Abby so I have a busy day today....which is a good thing as it's still foggy at 9:30 and was really heavy when I took the pup out at six am.

Hope you all have a great day and good things come your way...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Thanks Susan he's a rat terrier and in that picture he's about a year old. He's my buddy.

Sending everyone something green. Enjoy with chips! HAHAHA!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guac-300x256.jpg (28.2 KB, 3 views)
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmmm...and avocados are so cheap right now. Thanks for the idea.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning everyone,

Thanx for the photo of your furbaby, Sharon; and Michele, Jan and Susan, did I tell you just how much I love your avatars?

Thanx for starting us off, Linda. and Mary, wear your orange with pride :-)

Julie, I stayed up finishing Michael Connellly's The Black Box, but then slept til 11.

Msevon2, never seen you before, but once I am fully recovered, going to restart LC, so you willl have company.

I must be a little better because last night we watched two movies on TV, and I must be able to hear again because I didn't have the volume up so high that it hurt DH's ears.

btw - if you get Showtime, The World According to Dick Cheney, which permits Cheney to tell his story in his own words, should not be missed.

and Verleen, congrads on your new home and I am delighted that Louise is making a recovery, but who is Ginny's buddy? Didn't we set up a buddy system so that if someone disappears, someone would have a phone number to call?

and finally, Lainey, you may need an antibiotic if you have what I have, though DH did not.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
I have Ginny's phone number and her e-mail address. I'll drop her a line.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just finished the last episode of season 1 of Downton Abby and am hooked on the series, of course. What great stories lines, acting and directing. It deserves all of the awards and accolades it has received.

Thanks to all who have recommended this and I'm looking forward to starting season 2 shortly...that's the great thing about playing catch-up. You get to binge out ont he program and don't have to wait until next week for the next show.

Hope you've had a good day, too.