LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SATURDAY, Roll Call, March 16

Wishing you all a good, restful Saturday, if you are able to do that.

Keeping our ill friends in my mind often during the day...........

Looking out the window, right onto Highway 40, it's after 9 pm, and cars are streaming down the highway, wonder where in the heck everyone is going? It's sort of deserted out there, except for the city of Albuquerque I mean. Guess I'm just not used to lots of people anymore.

Take care of yourselves.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
LOL Doris, so you aren't used to traffic and people around, eh? Oh and by the way , thanks for the start off.
We weren't either until we left the hill in Conklin and moved here.
We Humans can get used to most things though.

Safe travels.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Hi,

I am now on an antibiotic, so hopefully I will start feeling better soon.

Sure wish Louise, Verleen and Ginny would check in.

Doris, are you visiting or house hunting? I was away when you talked about your plans.

Linda, more or less noise where you r now?

Have a good one. I need to recover enough to plant my peas on St Pat's day.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Hi kids-

Got home yesterday evening. Surgery went well. It took place Wed a.m. instead of Tuesday afternoon. I was in ICU for 1 night because I reacted badly to morphine - blood pressure dropped way down. Also lost a lot of blood, but no transfusion was needed, thank goodness.

Still very sore with lots of staples, but so far so good. I'm on percoset (700 mg every 4 hours) plus ibuprophen (600 mg every 6 hours). Still in a fair amount of pain, but am really glad to be home. No sleep to be had in the hospital, that's for sure.

Hope to get up the energy to take a shower later. My hair is very oily and starts driving me nuts after awhile. I have "dry shampoo" and may give that a try. Slowly started eating again after mostly liquid diet. Gained a lot of water weight from IV which I hope will dissipate soon.

That's about it for now. All the best,

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Oh, Louise, thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how you are!! It sounds like you are doing good......considering what you went thru. Continue on the road to recovery. Rest!!!
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
So glad to hear from you, Louise. You and your husband remain in my thoughts.

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #7

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Prayers for recovery Louise. Glad you are on the mend now.

Glad you too, Begete are on the mend.

We are enjoying some beautiful weather yesterday and today. It won't last too long though, we seem to be on a roller coaster.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...sunny but cooling off a bit in SoCal. Still it nice to have the morning coffee on the patio.

Louise, thanks for letting us know you're home and starting the recuperation and holding you close in my thoughts. Hope you're feeling better soon and I used the dry shampoo for my DH and it was really good.

Doris, safe trip...fair skies and easy riding on the highways.

Waving to all and sending good vibes for the day...time to feed the fur kids, so bbl.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #9

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Louise, that is Great News. Yes, recovery is much more pleasant at home.
Continued and good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Doris, Thank you for our opening again today, even as you travel you are faithfully there.

Babette, glad to here you have an Rx and that you are on the mend.

Mary, Maybe we should follow the eternal Spring and Sun. LOL! I like your attitude.

The Irish Girl Dancers were magnificent last night. What gorgeous costumes they had with the fiddlers and such we were right into the spirit of St. Patty's celebrations. There were 4 of us another lady joined us and managed to get in. I got there early and saved a front row table for us so we had a great view. After the traditional dancing they gave us a mini- River dance that was just heavenly. Dinner was served after the dancing, corned beef n cabbage I had my zero Sprite so all on track.

Waving to All and hope to see Verleen post soon if she can get her tablet to cooperate.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Wonderful news here this morning with recovery for the ones on the mend. Louise home is the best place to be for feeling better. Speedy recovery to you and blessings for you both.

Begete so good to hear your RX is starting so you can be out there planting your peas. Dh has planted squash, corn and radishes in our boxes. Next comes the tomato plants.

Weather is holding true so planting has begun.

Doris those highways never stop moving. Hope you're enjoying your traveling and thank you for the nice start today.

BBL to check you all.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #11

Louise, thank goodness you are back home and on the road to recovery, with rest and meds, lol. Needed of course. How is your hubby doing with all this, you have some good support from him, I'm sure, as you do for him, too.

Begete, we are meeting a real estate gal on Monday, looking, and listening, and if something "calls" to us, we will probably bite it. Glad you were prescribed something to help you recover so you can get out and at your garden.

Susan, I would have loved to see the dancers and hear the Irish music, you are lucky to be able to see that.

Mary and Sharon, so you had change able weather, but no huge storm I think. Hard to keep up with it, but spring is coming, even the high desert had sudden blooms in AZ, causing dh a fit of sneezes.

Linda, I'm hoping to hear about when you guys will take out the motor home for a nice trip, too.

Loretta, enjoy your good weather and weekend. Are you going to plant spinach this year in containers?

Michele, hope you have some interesting plans for this weekend.

Hi Julie, how long before your company comes, at the end of the month?

Have the motel windows open, nice, fresh air here, and rather cool for here, 64 or so, the motel clerks say to enjoy it while we can.......

Enjoy your weekend, if you are able to. Waving at the rest of the usual bunch of posters on here, Lainey and Verleen,

We will be seeing the kids by tomorrow after lunch. The heat and humidity will just have to be learned to put up with, if we do move.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!

Last edited by mykneesareback; 03-16-2013 at 02:32 PM..
Old 03-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Back from a busy day - went to the gym, supermarket, bank, and mall. Also, met a friend at the local Whole Foods for their Bangers and Mash event; we did lots of walking and shopping there as its in an open air shopping center.

The slow cooker is doing its thing - all that's left is the laundry and a netflix.

Glad to hear your travels are going well, Doris.

Waving to everyone,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
I would have sworn I posted here and even read it over????

Did anyone else see my post???
I am havin the worst cold and cough than I ever remember. I am going to try and nap as last niht all night was just awful. Would give anythin for some Nihtquell and sure will pick some up soon as I am able.
Louise, I remember seconding what everyone else was saying about you... I just glad you are home with spring tip toeing in you should have a good recovery. My prayers for you and DH Bob.
Beet and John- I know what you were oing through now that I have it big time and sure hope mine does not last as long as you two seems to have. My chest muscles are very, very sore from those deep couhin fits.
Time for the kitties to come in and keep me warm till tomorrow.
bbl or t.

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #14

Lainey, you sound awful, hope you can get some rest tonight, do you have a warm air vaporizer, it helps with the coughing at night.

Verleen, congratulations to you and your husband and Cathy, I'm glad you were able to celebrate at Olive Garden. Hopefully it won't take long that they get those stair lifts done, and safely so.

I don't know how to move Verleen's post from yesterday's thread to todays, sorry friends, I'm too dumb for this world, I fear.

We went out to eat, at a Mexican place near the motel, and I had a "taste" of some salsa, my dh said it was the best! So I had like two swallows, it was ok at first, but suddenly it burned like heck, had a coughing fit, good thing we were in a corner in the dark, lol. I've never had such hot stuff in my life, lordy lordy!! Won't do that again.

Have a restful night, hopefully, and peaceful slumber for those fighting illness.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #15

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Lainey, welcome to the world of the "lost in cyber space" post. Just had that happen myself.
So sorry you are not feeling well.

Hi Michelle, those outdoor shopping centers are fun but not in upstate NY just yet.

So good to hear Verleen and DD closed on that house and she is feeling better.

Doris, my sincere hope is that you and DH can find a home there near good medical care and family. Heat and humidity is well taken care of with air conditioning, and just think, you won't be freezing your buns off in the winter.

We are in the planning stage of a couple of trips around NY and PA, maybe VA within the month, but unless it warms up, we will stay in hotels.

Babette, it's great that you finally saw a doctor and got some antibiotics. Hopefully they will do the trick and kill off what ever bacteria has you in it's clutches.

Our community is extremely quiet, but about three miles from us are some large shopping and medical centers. Very convenient.

Louise, so happy you are home where you can get some much needed rest. It will take a few days for that pain to ease, but it will come. Did they do a vertical or horizontal incision?
Mine is what they call the bikini incision, as if I would ever put one on this old body.

Hi to Loretta, Julie, Susan, Sharon, and lurkers.
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was posting on Friday's thread. So I copied it here below.

Hello friends. We just got back from our celebration dinner out at Olive Garden. As of Friday, Cathy now owns the house and we all have keys. We met the stair lift rep this morning at the house. They are installing 2/3rds of the lift system on Monday the 25th. The remaining third gets installed after the movers move our stuff into the new house. The chimney and fireplace guys come this Monday to check the gas fireplace and chimney out and clean the whole system. Cathy and I have to go shopping for a stainless steel microwave, a baseboard mounted electric heater and a threshold bench. Our contractor started his work today too. That's the update.

I've been feeling better these past few days. Thank you so much for all your concerns.

Louise, I hope you and Bob are doing okay. Thoughts are still going your way.

Babette, goodness, it sounds like you really caught a nasty one. I'm hoping to hear better news soon.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
WooHoo! Wonderful news! Glad you're doing well and your move goes smooth.

Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote