Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   MONDAY MONDAY Roll Call March 11 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/799165-monday-monday-roll-call-march-11-a.html)

mykneesareback 03-10-2013 09:01 PM

MONDAY MONDAY Roll Call March 11

1 Attachment(s)
The older I get, the more "behind" I get, in the full sense of that word :laugh:

birdlady 03-10-2013 10:11 PM

All night rain,glad I don't live in a tent.lol
That is a lovely home,enjoy,how many will live in that big house.
Hoping everyone feels a little better today.
BBL

Doug_H 03-11-2013 05:09 AM

Hi all.

Supposed to be in the middle 80's this week.:) The tomatoes are producing little green ones and the radishes, beets, peppers, and onions are up.

Life is good.

Doug

Norfolk Mermaid 03-11-2013 05:36 AM

ood Mornin all. Thankyee Sai Doris.

On book # 6 so there is one more week or so in Steven King's "Dark Tower" book series. What a ride! My little library has it bein forwarded the (Book Vll) from Norfolk's big library. Book 1 was very tough getting through but I am very glad I stuck with it as it was so worth doing. I thank them big-big.
I do feel much better this morning- due to having my internist app. later today- does that happen to anyone else?

Gotta get a going. bbl

tatehouse 03-11-2013 06:57 AM

Good morning all.

DD had my computer all weekend since I was gone a good bit of it.

A great trip with some great and long time friends. Does the soul good.

Going to catch up on posts. We are going to have another inch of rain today. I dread the mosquitoes this summer.

BBL
Anne

mykneesareback 03-11-2013 07:23 AM

Good Day! Has anyone heard from Ginny lately, did she go back to Iowa?
Just wondering, noseying, whatever :laugh:

Off to finish the bike for awhile, it was 22 degrees this AM, don't know how the Sandhill Cranes and their young like that?? The geese sound chipper, though.

Take care, wishing Louise well with her preparations still going on today.

:console::console::console: to everyone else, too.

LoveMontana 03-11-2013 07:46 AM

Sticking my foot in the door to say hi. Stayed up too late reading on the Kindle and I'll pay for it today.:annoyed:

SuSUN 03-11-2013 07:54 AM

Thank You Doris for our humorous start to today.
Love the pink phone too.

I was wondering the same thing Doris about Ginny.
WE haven't heard from her in a while.

Nothing much planned today so I will go with the flow at a turtles pace as usual.
I hope to throw out some more paperwork today. Garbage pick up in Wednesday so I just love to get more stuff out the door.

Waving to All and hope to be back later to check on your days happenings...

ocali 03-11-2013 08:29 AM

Ginny is still in Florida.
I'm not feeling up to par today..and last night. Awful stomach pains so just drinking tea and eating crackers. Just cancelled my dinner plans for tonight.

BeachyWoman 03-11-2013 09:05 AM

Oh Julie, hope you are feeling better. Some kind of junk has really been going around here. All my Spring Hill family have been hit by it, thankfully I'm good so far. I have lost my voice, but think it was because I was working out in the pollen. The oaks have really been sending out their vibes.
Lainey, it never fails, I make an appointment and I'm all better before I go. One of those Murphy's laws I guess.
Anne, I'm so glad that you had a great time with friends. We need good friends and family more than anything.
Susan, I've been thinking about you lately, had a nice conversation with one of your fellow countryman at the pier yesterday. Guess they are headed back around the first of the month. They were out sunning, too cool for me tho, I had on a jacket. LOL
Doug, you are sure ahead of the game. I still haven't planted my little garden. I'm trying cilantro and okra...and different salad greens...Hope I haven't waited too late.
Hi Gladys, wish we had some of that rain. We are so dry, having to water everything.
Doris, thanks for the words of wisdom. LOL Such a truth.
Waving to everyone who comes in later. Hope today brings joy and fun. Glenda

Mssarge 03-11-2013 09:41 AM

Good morning all...nuttin' much planned for me today, going to get more stuff boxed up for transport to the cuzzin's. Sunny and reaching for mid-80's and going up further this week.

Waving to all and wishing you the best today.

Begete 03-11-2013 10:04 AM

Just a quick check in. Nothing new to report here. Reading up on induction so once we are recovered, we can start over.

Are there any new helpful web sites out there for low carbing?

Mssarge 03-11-2013 10:46 AM

I'll always say that this one is the best one for low carbing...I tell all my friends and family about it. The individual forums are the best, and I think the ol' original DANDR is the best one...the one published back in the 70's, although I didn't find it until the 80's.

Although I do like George Stella's Stella Style for recipes...I have all of his books.

Hope you're feeling better and are back on your feet...hugs.

LoveMontana 03-11-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Begete (Post 16309295)
Just a quick check in. Nothing new to report here. Reading up on induction so once we are recovered, we can start over.

Are there any new helpful web sites out there for low carbing?

You don't really need a site other than this one and some good low carb recipes ( I like Linda Sue's Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home ), and remember to shop only the perimeter of your grocery stores.

LOL Glenda, your northern neighbors must be laughing at you in a jacket while they sun themselves.:hyst:

Mary you are right about the early Atkins. The rest just don't cut it.

Hi to Doris, Doug, Gladys, Julie, Anne, Lainey and all who follow.

Off to do what I do.;)

weezie 03-11-2013 12:57 PM

Hi all-

Just about to start my lovely bowel cleansing prep. Tomorrow's surgery has been scheduled for 2:45, so I imagine I'll be pretty hungry. Can't wait to get it over with.

I am really blown away. My former boss (who laid me off in January) has just offered to pay our medical insurance for the next 3 months! This has been a major financial stretch for us (paying double what I had carried as an employee), so the relief is enormous. I am stunned by and thankful for her generosity.

Will chime back in when I can - hopefully by the weekend. Am starting a bit of garden planning. Even if I can't garden for awhile, I can get some seeds started.

love to all,

-Louise

mykneesareback 03-11-2013 02:41 PM

Why Louise, what a wonderful former employer that is, wow! A blessing to you guys, that's great news. Take care, slowly but surely..

Begete, new websites, old websites, deprivation is deprivation, only you and John can decide how much you are willing to endure at this stage of your lives. Do it the way it keeps you happy, because it ain't gonna last otherwise, look at all the restarts of most everyone. That's the honest truth!
And so it goes.........................no one is ever "done" with it.

Julie, sorry you have a sick tummy again, lordy, there are many other in different parts of the country with this kind of thing, doggone it!! :hugs:

Norfolk Mermaid 03-11-2013 07:43 PM

Coming in to say nighty night.

Internist appt. went well. Will schdule P.T. evaluation tomorrow for 6 weeks of therapy or more if needed. She ave me the paper work for my 3rd Handicap decal for 6 months. A added Rx for the wettin to take at night and kept the morning Detrol LA. New Percocet 7.5 Rx still had some but did not want to run out between appts. Does anyone have a list of anti immflamitory foods? Plus a list of foods that cause imflamation? I will stay with the Allieve in the mornings till they are gone and then ???? Had a splurg with a whole Percocet 7.5 and the rest from pain for those hours was heaven.
Anita and I walked today and even plan to use umbrellas and rain coats tomorrow...we are determined.
Off to bed with myself.
Had a fit changine the Chime Clock- accidently turned the chimes back on- took me forever to turn them off- The Cherokee is screwed up and setting them is a real headache...why on why don't the repair guys reset them???
Louise you are in my heart and prayers for tomorrow.
bbt