LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SATURDAY'S Roll Call, March 9

OK, off we go for another weekend, I can remember when I thought of all kinds of things to do on a weekend, lol.................

Keeping Louise and Bob in mind, and anyone else with an aching body and spirit.........
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I laughed out loud over that sign Doris. I'm just popping in to say thanks for starting us up. As for things to do this weekend? Hmmm I never think about it I just see it and do it. HA! I'm sure the fur kids are going to want there walk. We are aiming for the nice walk trail that goes into our Avila Beach. It's name is Bob Jones Trail. It's all paved and we share with bikers. Should be fun to see how far we can go.

See you later to check in. Night....zzzz

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:28 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Morning all,
Have not gone to sleep yet so decided to check and see who posted before going to bed.
While your gone if the call is not up at this hour I will put it up.Some how it always gets put up.Hope you have a good trip.
The dinner Thurs. was great,we had lump crab salad,talapia and dessert,brought a lot of it home.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:27 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
I'm up early, will go to monthly breakfast at clubhouse. So relieved to see notes from Verleen and Louise. I, too, think of you both (and Louise's DH) every day. Please keep us in the loop.
I love seeing pics of my great-grandkids (4). Each generation gets cuter and smarter..lol.
TTFN
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good mornin and thanks Dory Do.

Louise- thank you for includin us and lettin us share your woes- I am so lookin forward to your surery bein over and having you on the road to recovery. Seems to me the leadin up to and actual surgery are worse by far than the actual event. Hope that sounds right. Just know that there is a very long, long line of hands holding your hand here.
Verleen, you are in my heart right along with Louise and Bob.
We are still cold this morning but a pretty briht sunshiney day with a 70 degree day forcast for Monday.
I went ahead and took 2 Allieves yesterday and had blessed relief for a full day and even this morning. ANNE, didn't you tell me of an anti-inflamitory that does not cause bleedin??? I called and changed my internist appt. from April to Monday and want to ask her about that Rx.
Need to check my bank account as I am sure cuttin it so close for March.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good morning, everyone.

Am so glad to be home.... no place like home. Today's agenda includes: laundry, post office, vet - pick up dog food, bank, grocery store, gym, and a little house cleaning. Busy, busy. We're expecting rain tonight - Yay! We sure need it.

Will check back later - enjoy your day as best you can,

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning everyone,

We are back from our stay in San Diego and cruise to and from Hawaii, but I have been down with a virus since the day we returned. Now DH has it, too.

But while away, I got to check off a major thing on my bucket list....being in a flash mob. See Celebrity Century March 2013 Thriller Flash Mob - YouTube
I am one of the fat uncoordinated zombies on the right.

We meant to start induction over again as soon as we got back, but we are both too sick to shop for, let alone cook all the induction foods we would need, so waiting til we recover. Hoping to start soon because what got us off the LC lifestyle when we moved here was the fruit, so we want to be well on our way to fit some fruit in to our carb count by late spring.

So sorry to read about Louise and her DH's situation. Wish there was a way to help.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...it's the weekend, so I have nothing planned for the day...too many people doing too much, too fast; one of the downsides of living in SoCal. I get all my running around during the week while the shops are less trafficked.

Our temps are going up and will be seeing the mid-80's. I guess I'll be able to get the car washed next week and start getting things going on the patio. The Spa guy will be out on Wednesday to fix the heater, so I'll be looking forward to getting that going, too. I think our winter is over and spring is springing up all over...looking forward to it sprunging in your area, too. Texas, I hope you start getting a lot of rain and your drought will be over.

Don't forget to spring ahead the clocks tonight before you go to bed...Daylight Saving Time is upon us...Doug, I know you don't have to and, of course, anyone in Indiana, unless you're close to the Ohio side...don't know of any other states that don't change; Arizona and Indiana are the only ones I know of.

I guess I do have plans for this weekend, a little laundry and start boxing up things for my cousins to sell for me. I'm moving all the big stuff over there as I don't want strangers at my door anymore. I understand his wife has a good business selling on E-Bay, so I hope she'll be able to help me with the antiques and other stuff, too.

Welcome back, Babette, sorry you've got the bug, but I'm sure you'll be able to drop the vacations pounds once you get back on your feet. Check you out on the flash mob.

Hope you all have a great day and sending out those good vibrations...hmmm, think I'll put some Beach Boys on to play and may even do a little dancing.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 03-09-2013 at 09:40 AM..
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Begete that looked like so much fun. I love flash mob. I try to find them on the internet when ever I can.

Dh is getting ready to start cooking something for lunch so I best close this fun down for a bit and help him.

Have a nice rest of your day. Mary thanks for the reminder about the clocks. Here comes Spring!
Old 03-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #10

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Good evening, almost forgot to post. Sheesh!! It was so nice, I was out and about today. Didn't even mind waiting 45 minutes in line at the car wash

LOL Doris, Oh yes, the old days when our weekends were full of fun. They are gone forever, unfortunately.

How cool you got to be in a flash mob, Babette. So sorry you and now John came down with a nasty virus. Was it Noro virus? UGH!

Oh Sharon, let us know how that Bob Jones trail was. Take some pictures too. Do you have to be on the lookout for Mountain Lions?

Wow Gladys, that dinner sounds wonderful!!

Julie,
Quote:
Each generation gets cuter and smarter..lol
You bet they do get cuter and smarter. That's for sure.

Lainey, Don't know about any NSAID that doesn't increase the chance of bleeding because they pretty much all thin the blood. Just like Vit. E and Fish Oil. They are the best for pain relief. Stay away from Tylenol if you drink any alcohol at all. They can destroy your liver, even if you don't drink.
Anyway here is a read for you.
NSAIDs for pain relief - WebMD

Hi ya Michelle, oh yes, there is no place like home.

Mary, nice that your cousin's wife will help you sell things on E Bay. It's not safe to have people coming to your door these days.

Got most of my clocks turned ahead already and am not looking forward to losing an hours sleep, but am looking forward to lighter evenings.
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Linda now worried about mountain lions but I had two deer cross in front of me one time. The trail is all paved for walkers and bikers. It winds around a golf course and ends up at our beach if you stay on it long enough. I'll take pictures next time we're on it.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #12

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Interesting article Linda.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote