Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Monday, Feb 25 Roll Call (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/797862-monday-feb-25-roll-call.html)

Mssarge 02-25-2013 07:42 AM

Monday, Feb 25 Roll Call

Wow! :dunno: Can't believe it...okay, I'll start. Only day of the week of the week I've nothing planned. Hope you all have a good one and great things come your way.

LoveMontana 02-25-2013 08:31 AM

Thanks for the start off, Mary.

Thought about doing it last night, but thought I would give others a chance.

Mom and my brother left to head to NC to visit our aunt and my brother's son and wife. I was thinking about going but decided not to go this time.

BBL. Wegman's is calling my name.

Shalbrihil 02-25-2013 09:36 AM

Woo Hoo Mary! You did good! :D Thanks for the kick off today.

Mssarge 02-25-2013 10:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 48707

Sigh! it sure was nice to enjoy my friends yesterday but the scales are not happy with me today. I'm back up to my monthly starting weight after dropping five pounds this month. I'm sure that most of it is water from my share of the sparkly but it sure is discouraging.

Not sure who said it but maybe I'll try the low carb lifestyle, at least induction, for a month or so and see if I jumpstart the weight loss again. I know I should be celebrating (and I do) the loss of the 40 pounds and the smaller size clothes, but after four months you'd think I'd lose a pound or so....I know I still have two down days remaining in the month and I'll see how it goes. Although I do have another luncheon tomorrow, Black History month, but I'll try to stick to the lighter fare...sure hope they have those delish greens again this year.

Feels like a whiney day, even went back to bed for an hour and still can't get the motor running. Gotta feed the tail-waggers, so BBL, if I can shake the bluesy mood. :aprayer:

Norfolk Mermaid 02-25-2013 10:46 AM

Still waitin on the Jeep.

They cannot find the cause of the "rouh idle". Waiting to hear.
G*d, I hate car stuff.
No mood to be civil so I'll just bbl.

birdlady 02-25-2013 02:16 PM

It's pouring down rain,has been most of the day,glad I did the feeding earlier.
Can't think of anything to fix or order for dinner so guess it will be scrambled eggs.
BBL

tatehouse 02-25-2013 02:34 PM

Gladys, I'm thinking of eggs for dinner myself. I wanted to go for Mexican but I'd rather not get in 5 o'clock traffic in the rain!!

Maggie was so glad to be back in her old school today. She had a great day...slept 2 hours this afternoon and looking forward to going again tomorrow!

Ya'll have a great day!

BBL
Anne

Mssarge 02-25-2013 04:27 PM

This talk about Mexican food reminds me that I bought a couple of tamales from the little ol' lady in the parking lot a couple of days ago and they're still waiting for me. I missed getting tamales during the Christmas holidays and have been craving them...now just can't find a time to eat 'em and who knows when I'll get to them. I'd offer them to you but by the time they get there, they'd be past their prime...that's a laugh. If I get up early enough I'll have them for breakfast.
Yesterday was the brunch, so I didn't eat 'em, today's a down day so I can't eat 'em and tomorrow's another luncheon...maybe for supper tomorrow if I don't overeat the soul food....

Hope you all have had a good day even if the weather's been bad in your area.

modon69478 02-25-2013 04:58 PM

Crazy windy weather here today! Lots of power outages reported and blown trees, roofs, etc.

Me and the pup are home and safe so I'll count my blessings.

Waving to all,
Michele

SuSUN 02-25-2013 05:06 PM

Hi All,

Just getting here. Milder temps up here which are just great. I was able to take a nice long walk this afternoon for some fresh air and exercise.

Thank YOU Mary for our start to the thread today. I don't think I have ever had a tamale, they must be quite spicy I should imagine.

Oh Michele, I am glad to hear that you and your pup are at home safe and sound.

Oh Lainey, I sure hope you get that car stuff settled soon.

Waving to All and hope Doris is having a good time visiting.

Begete 02-25-2013 06:25 PM

Just dropping in to let you know we are alive and well in Hawaii. Tomorrow is our last day, then we head home.

Shalbrihil 02-25-2013 06:31 PM

:hiya: to Begete! Say hi to my granddaughter. She's at Pearl Harbor Navel base. :D