Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Golden Years
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
Hey yall. I have good news. I not only met my goal but am 2 # under it. And I have green beans to pick tomorrow morning. They were about 4 inches this morning and we got rain....again. And temps are supposed to get to the 50's again this weekend. Amy is bringing the kids to me tomorrow before I leave work and I will keep them til we go to church sunday morning. They are going to clear the rest of that stuff out of the house. And get it moved some where.

Claire, I did not even know you were going to have cateract surgery. Glad all turned out well. David had it on both eyes. The worse part was trying to get those drops in at the right time. Glad Emille will be as good as new. Will he have to have any more surgery? Is he getting stronger. When do you have your other eye operated on?

Hey Jan, hope your stone has passed. Hope Shannon is better. Is she still taking her treatments? Seems like she was better off on the other one. I wonder what went wrong. Are you about settled into your new diggs? I hope so. I got gotten a lot of pictures and picture frames but only one on the wall yet is the one Heather gave me for mothers day. And she put it up the other night while I was at work. I have my size 1x shorts on. I tried on one pair and they were that kind made of the sheeting insteast of the knit and got them on but thought sitting all day in them might not be very comfortable so took them off. Heather and I are going to start out own challenge. Could be interesting.

Val, your plans for you anniversary sound very nice. 35 years, wow, congratulations. Your kids should give you a party. David and I never got to celebrate ours. We did make it within 1 month though.

Becky, in the words of Tony the Tiger, I am greatttt. I have been exercising every day and lifting weights and on the weekend am always on the go and things are great at the moment. Got new glasses and just feel renewed. Hope you are well. How did alyssa break her leg? Did she do it at school? sorry you did not get to see the cherry blossoms yet. I bet they are all green now. I went to the wral gardens and they were beautiful in april. Went back Sunday and hardly anything except some knock out roses and some azeleas still blooming.

Talk later. Am at work and sent most of the temps home already. Got 2 left right now. If I dont get back, have a good weekend and memorial day celebration.
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #152
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Where is everyone? Usually jan checks in... I hope she's ok
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #153
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lynnjp
Stats: 273/179/150
WOE: Began JUDDD 3/18/12 UD1600 DD 490
Start Date: 4/28/2001
Happy Memorial Day my friends
I am back at least for a few weeks-I leave again for another week with the kids on June 12th and than they come here for the fourth of July-so I will be spending tons of time with Amber. Things there are good-she is growing so quickly and will be starting kindergarten in a few months-she had her graduation from pre-school which was adorable!!!. Glad to be back with DH-we took off for the day and went for a hike in Middletown by the water-LOVE it there. I am doing DASH and have dropped 5 pounds in this past 10 days which is very good for me-LOTS of food but no salt and for the first few weeks no bread or fruit. Starting Tuesday I will be able to add fruit back in.
I miss you all and thought of you often-hugs to you all

JUDDD 3/18/12 180 pounds 6/27 166 9/17 161

Link to my photos
http://community.webshots.com/user/lynnjc
lynnjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Lynn. Good to see you home again. Congratulations on the 5 lb loss. This might be your diet. I am hanging in there. Doing Judd but doing the potatoe on down days. They are really good with all the salt on them and cold. I got some of the yukon golds and they are the cadilac of the potato. Have fun with your Amber. I am spending a lot more time with Dylan and Madison since Amy started this new job. I will miss them when school is out and they go to their daddy. I wish they did not have to go. We are really busy at work. Hardly a minute to do anything but answer the calls. One of my temps may be leaving. I have known her for years. She was a temp when I was a temp. And I have been full time for 6 years now. Supposed to go to the beach on friday and work Saturday. Then next Friday, I am scheduled for a colonoscopy. I dread that. Take care and talk later. It is 1 am.

Blessing on all the angels and their families.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: HawkeyeJR
Hi girls, taking advantage of Shannon & Jason being out this morning to use the computer. He took her to the neurologist today.
I hate to come upstairs to bother them for the computer. I got a laptop but the the life of me I am still having a hard time navagating the silly A$$ thing.

Everything is about the same here. Shanny is still the same. Hoping and praying her blood tests come out good this appointment. She is just so scared no matter how much I try to help her and give her strength. She is praying so hard and isn't seeing the results. I keep telling her to trust that God know what he is doing and to give her problems to the Lord. Please pray that I can get that message across to her so she can overcome her fear of the future.

Claire how are you and Emile? Lynn, glad you are home. Bruce must have missed you.
Evon, so proud of you meeting your goal.
Becky, I am on FB. I can navagate that at least.
Val, hope all is going well with your diet plan and the wedding.
God bless all of you. I have to get back downstairs to work on the pool before it gets too hot.
Love you all to pieces! JAN
HawkeyeJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening Angels. We have become a disbanded group, havent we. I for one am usually so busy. I spend the night with Amy when she and Michael have to get up and go to work early. But I dont mind. This is probably the last week. Last I heard, the kids will be with James this summer. So I wont see them at all. And we were just getting close again. Madison with be going to school only a 1/2 block from her new home. We walked over there Sunday and all around it. It is a big school. My knee was bothering me because before we went there, we walked all over the mall at Goldsboro and then all over the walmart at Rosewood. So by the time I got home and then went to water my garden and by 8:30 I sat down in my recliner and went to sleep listening to my book. I did the same thing on Saturday night and slept til 9 am on Sunday morning. But I am enjoying it. Bev and I went to the beach on Friday and then we worked on Saturday. After work, we went to a party at Elizabeths. Her daughter and grandaughter and son in law came in from Germany. Donna told me tonight, that Daughter and son in law went to Ky to find a place to live and left granddaughter here with Elizabeth til they come back, after the 10th, when the cars come in. We had a good time but we did not stay but a couple hours. He said that in germany, things are getting so bad, the government is limiting the toilet paper to 6 squares a day. I have never heard of anything like that.

Jan, sorry Shannon is having to go thru this. But all of us have our cross to bear. And all of have a different cross. Did I ever tell you that Michaels dad has ms also? He goes thru a lot too, but not the same things as Shannon does. It is a strange disease. I know what you mean about the laptop too. I have windows 8 with touch and i cant even get into the thing. Lost my password. But Amy gave me Dylans and I love it. It has a flat screen so can even watch tv on it. But she gave me a large flat screen tv, about 5 ft long, so no need for that. I hardly ever turn it on. Guess the last time was 2 weekends ago when the kids spent the weekend with me.

Hope all are doing well as well. I got in the car one night last week and was a little careless. I think I cracked my hip bone. But not had it checked out yet. It is better. Got up this morning and went to walmart and walked around and shopped a little bit. Walked about an hour nonstop. Then stopped at wendys and got some chili for lunch. Today is an up day. Down day again tomorrow. Then I will do a medium on Thursday and down day on Friday.

talk later, take care. love me.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #157
Blabbermouth!!!

Evon, you seem to be doing well. My pool is set to go so now we need more temperatures in the high 80's or 90's. I am doing better with this laptop. I am teaching myself by trial and error and tonight I got my email working and my Skype working.
I just Skyped with my little Texas chickens. It's Kaitlyn's 2nd birthday tomorrow and Jillian will be 5 on the 12th. They got a little gift from me today and their card with money so they can go shopping. Kaitlyn's talking is getting so much better.
I hope your hip feels better in the morning. I always wake up with a pain somewhere, but I walk it off.

Well I am going to watch TV with Ron for a while. See you all later.
Goodnight little buddies, I love you all!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cl2gas_1
Stats: 258/254/225 1st goal
WOE: JUDDD 3/26/12
Start Date: 12/20/ 03
Jan, I could not get used to my laptop either.. But when my feet got so swollen that I could not get about so well. I decided to get a wireless mouse (mini one) It plugs into the base of of the key board.. And seeing I have no lap, I purchased a Sort of laptop desk on wheels that sits right at my couch.. Rolls away when I am not using it.. Got the desk at CVS cheap..
I love it now..
cl2gas_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #159
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Claire, I finally found a way to download some pictures of my little Texas cuties! Do you have the new Windows 8? It really sucks! ( I've tried posting this three times and I lost it every time before I hit the post button so I am going to quit while I am ahead. See you all later dudes!
Old 06-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeJR View Post
Hi Claire, I finally found a way to download some pictures of my little Texas cuties! Do you have the new Windows 8? It really sucks! ( I've tried posting this three times and I lost it every time before I hit the post button so I am going to quit while I am ahead. See you all later dudes!
Fortunately I asked the guy at the computer store who built my computer about downloading Windows 8. He said absolutely not and he refuses to install that version in any computers he builds. Sorry that you got stuck with it.
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #161
Big Yapper!!!!

I have a MAJOR case of poison ivy! And I think Gracie os getting it now.

Girls are with me for the night coz Kim and Cory are going to the Brad Paisley concert in Cincinnati.

Today is the 5th anniversary of moms accident. I sent her a potted plant with daisies and a white ceramic angel.

Gott run. I'll try to be back soon
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Becky, pls. feel better with that poison ivy ... I remember when my mother had it, she was so miserable; hugs to you!

Hi Angels!! I have been so busy, both here at work and at home, but I've got a few minutes before heading out for the day - they are calling for heavy rain both this evening and then all day tomorrow, so the commute will be rough, but at least it will be Friday!

Hey Jan, re the wedding, I will be going with DD and her fiance to a huge house-like place that has hosted weddings and receptions - we have an appointment to go see it on Monday at 11 am (my CWS day off). I am honored that they want me to go with them, and I'm excited too!! Just so much going on, she also wants me to have grandson's 11th birthday party at my house this year - she is going to have the party on the 4th of July weekend, and it should be a lot of fun, complete with a huge water slide that she is renting, perfect for the hot weather!

My aqua Zumba classes start next week, it will be on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 8:15 to 9 pm, and then there is a drop-in water aerobics class on Saturday mornings - got to get the body moving because I have been doing walks here and there, but nothing on a regular basis.

On Saturday, we are going to an all-day funeral for the father of one of my hubby's co-workers. The following Saturday, we are going to a birthday party out in the country for mom's sister, I believe she will be 86, then the following weekend will be hubby's and my 35th wedding anniversary - going to a hotel overnight and a fun restaurant with all-you-can-eat crab feast, yes!

I love my Angels, pray everyone is doing ok and that you are enjoying the many Blessings that our Father continues to shower over us, Amen - love you all!! Val

I've got brand new knees, a wonderful Blessing from the Lord!!!

InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharss View Post
Fortunately I asked the guy at the computer store who built my computer about downloading Windows 8. He said absolutely not and he refuses to install that version in any computers he builds. Sorry that you got stuck with it.
I am doing much better on it today!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Becky I hope you feel better soon and I hope poor little Gracie doesn't get it. I can't believe that it's been 5 years since your mom's accident. She must have loved her gift from you today. You are such a good daughter.

Val, you are going to be a very busy woman. I was out with Ron most of the day today in a torrential downpour. It was so cold too! What a big difference from just a few days ago.
I know you will enjoy looking at that wedding venue with your
daughter and your son-in-law to be.

Well my little buddies, I am going to get a little snack before bedtime. Love and blessings to all and to all a good night!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening angels. I thought I had responded before but guess I did not. Or it got lost somewhere. I have been so busy I forget. Between work being our busy season and Having to work last saturday and then spending the 1st 2 nights of the week with Amy and then I ended up cancelling my colonoscopy and then had to do blood work at work on friday so after being there an hour in the remains of Andrea, I did not go in unto 2 pm and Frances worked with me. She got so tired of hearing me cough from this spring cold, that I followed her home last night and she mixed me up some white lightening and honey and lemon and sent me home to medicate. I had no idea I could take it, but take it I did. Dont think I have my taste buds working because it did not even taste bad. It did burn going down. Took my 1st dose about 11:30 and went to sleep. Got up and had to take some more around 2 am and then 5 am and then slept til 9:30. After I got up and running. I had to do a few chores around the house. Then I got hungry so went to town and got a couple pieces of pizza and some more lemons and honey and a couple dozen eggs. After the pizza wore off, I started on the ice cream and almost eat a half gallon. Still on Juddd. So I can do this. I dont very often, but I always lose on my uuad and not on my down days. I have been looking to a table for my back yard. love to cook on the grill and I need a prep area and some place just to enjoy the after noons. Finally gave in and got one from work. Jeff brought it up and left it beside the car. He said I could probably get it in the back seat. It is 4 ft across. But it wont going. So I was pondering and renee came by and said I could use her truck to carry it home at lunch. Then Ashley came up and she said dont your back seats go down. I said yes, and she said to put them down and we would put it in the trunk. But it woud not fit all the way. liked about an inch. So she got busy and put some stuff in under in and the trunk closed. So now I got to go and get it out. It will roll just like a wheel. We have not have any big showers today but it has rained, and we had lots of sun. So it is also hot. On top of all the other stuff going on this week, my ac did not work. I turned it on and went to bed and when I sweated all night and got up and it was 80 degrees, I told Heather. She found out that one of the guys that tyler plays ball with, has a dad who does that kind of work. So called him and he came over thursday and found out it was turned off in the box at the outside of the trailer in the back. he plugged it in and it works, but he did put a new capacitater on it. He did not charge me for it because he sad it still works. He charged me $90 for the call. I am very happy. And the ac is still working well. Better run and get that table out and clean my car out again. it is clean on the outside anyhow. I am listening to that book "under the dome". Should be an interesting mini series. It is a long tape. I have been listening to it more than 3 days. And still not finished. love, to all, evon
Old 06-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
My Angels, it has been a long time since I've been here and I'm sorry about that - have been doing a lot, and then my world came crashing down this week when I got laid off/terminated from my job. It happened Wednesday morning, right after hubby and I had come back from our overnight celebration of our 35th wedding anniversary. I think I had shared that we stayed at a hotel overnight, and enjoyed a good dinner of hard shelled crabs.

Took off Monday and Tuesday, and then the first day I come back, I am called into HR around 9:30 am and told all this stuff. I didn't have many attorneys to work for, and was hoping that more would be hired so that I could have a better number to work for, but God said that was not to be. If it had not been for the sermon I had heard the Sunday before, entitled "Why" where we are taken not only into good times but also bad times. Please pray for me; I know that through Christ, my cloud has moved, and I have to stay under the cloud to continue to receive my Blessings.

Thank God for Kenny; he has been my rock, my listener, my advisor, and I think I would have lost my mind that first day had it not been for God and for Kenny ... I love my Angels, I need you now ...

You know, they don't even give you time to gather your things; they packed them up and sent them to me, crazy - But during my time there, I was able to get my knees done (while continued full paid salary), and I learned a lot, so I'm grateful for that. Love my Angels, I'll be back, Val
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Will pray for God's blessings in your name.. Love , Claire.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Maybe thats why!!! I had something happen to me today. Normally Heather is at the ball games on the weekend. This past Wed was Tylers birthday and Heathers will be on Monday. So she had sent an email saying we could celebrate today after the ball game was over. I had told her about this nice seafood place down there. Then got an email from Barbara saying she could not go because she had to give Juanita her meds at 3:00 so maybe she could meet us for dinner and not go to the game. Then get an email this morning and Heather said she was not going to the 1st game and did I want to go to JRs. I said yes. Never got around to eating breakfast, so asked if we could stop on the way and eat. I said Dennys and she said Bojangles but before we got there she changed her mind and we went to Dennys. It is right beside JRs. So after we ate we went shopping. For the last few months I have been contemplating buying a new bedspread for my bed. I go in today and they have them on sale for less than a sheet set, so I walked by it a couple times and then decide to take the plunge. I was going to get a queen but did not want a white, I wanted Beige. And there was not a queen beige in the bunch. So I was going to get the white, but not happy about it. When I went by the beige full size, I dropped the queen while and picked up the full beige. When I buy something, I normally keep it a while before I use it, but when I got home, I immediately took off my chenile and put this one on. Praise the Lord, it fits perfectly. If I had gotten the queen, it would have been all over the floor. That is why they did not have a queen tan. The Lord knew that would not fit my bed. So remember Val, God always knows best. Just start praising Him that He has a better plan for your life. You will be surprised what He can do if you let Him lead. Every time you think of it, praise Him.
And if anybody would like to know, I have been sticking to my plan, and had my weigh in last monday and hit it right on the head. In total, I have lost 85 lbs so far. Praise the Lord. I am so glad tomorrow is a down day. I am so full right now. Have a good night.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:40 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah for Evon.. I have to get serious about getting down for my granddaughters wedding Nov. 1st. When my houseguest leaves this week, I am getting my groove on and going to slim down.. God be in my corner for this.. Please.
Have a great day all. Claire <3
Old 06-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everyone, It's just me a long lost friend. I'm so sorry I have been gone for so long. Just so much on my plate sometimes I think I will go insane. We have way too many doctor appointments between me, Ron, Shannon and CJ. Shan isn't driving right now so I take her and wait for her and she had doctor's appointments more than you would believe.
We are still praying for some good news and holding on to our faith that God will get us through.

Val I am so sorry you lost your job, that is always hard, but you still have so many blessings in your live and you know the Lord loves you for the beautiful person you are. I just wrote that we are all holding on to our faith for Shannon and that is the best advice I can give you at this time.
Know that I will be praying for you during this time and in the meantime enjoy collecting unemployment. Love you!

Evon, I hope you are enjoying your new backyard table. How are you feeling. Is your knee completely well now?
I went for an Echo cardiogram a couple of weeks ago and will go back for the results in a couple of weeks. I hope my heart didn't deteriorate with all the extra weight I have put on and the lack of exercise. Except for trying to get the house in order, and going back and forth to the doctors I don't have time for exercise.

Lynn, what have you been up to? I hope you are enjoying the beach and your gorgeous new home. We are certainly having one big hot muggy summer aren't we. I am enjoying the cooler weather and the rain this week.

Becky I have been reading your posts on FB. Happy to see that Kim has a new guy in her life. He looks like a nice guy. Your girls are getting big and so pretty.

Claire, how are you and Emile feeling? I hope you are both doing well and enjoying the summer. How does your yard look? Our grass came up beautifully this year after all the work Jason put into it last year. It is lush and green everywhere.

Well I am glad I made the time to get in here today. I have missed my buddies. I will try to start a new thread soon okay? Love to all of you and my blessings going up to God for you all!:apraye r:
Old 06-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

I just read Val's post and the Jan's, I will have each of you in my prayers! There's something better for you in Gods plan, Val. We don't know what it is at the time but He is in control and will take care of you. Jan, I still have a candle biting for you on my frige... Right beside Kim's and Moms. I will pray for your whole family.

I have a massive case of poison ivy, been going on 5 weeks Joe, been on steroids the 2nd time now and it seems to be working this time. Gracie has it, I tried joy to give it to her nit she's such a cuddler. I gained 3 lbs the first time around in this prednisone and now I think I've gained this week event tho I'm following Jenny to a T and exercising. I hate steroids, they always make me gain. Grrr.

Jan, you're right about Kim having a new guy. He's very sweet and John and I really lime him and he appears to be normal. Lol. I hope nothing happens like did with Sean, that was a total shock that none of us saw coming. When she met Cory I asked her, kidding and she know that... How long til she makes an alcoholic out of him. Lol. He's very good to her. They're to the place now where the kids will meet him and his little boy meet Kim. Neither one wanted to have the kids involved until she spent time with each other and to see if it was going to go anywhere.

I have a5k walk/runs scheduled each month from now to thanksgiving day. The Glo-Run lady Saturday, the 22nd was a blast and Cory did it with us. Him and Kim ran the whole thine, I walked and ran a bit, I shaved 6 minutes off of my St Brigid run on may 5.

I will be back soon. Bum painting my dining room/living room (both are connected) and hallway this week so I will be in and out. I have to have it done by the time John leaves for Canada on July 26 cuz I'm having a jewelry party at my house on July 28.

Tootled girls!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies.. Hope all is getting better.. We have been doing better.. My company is gone to the cape for a few days.. Never hosted a boarder before. But she survived.. She is an old friend who now lives in Florida.. She came up for a wedding.
I got new glasses.. I thought they were going to be just reading glasses But no.. still double vision. I don't know if it is normal.. with this humidity for my eyes to tear up so much..? Other then that all is good.
Glad to hear about skinny Evon.. I have to get serious and loose a good number of pounds for my Granddaughter's wedding Nov. 1st. Right now I am at my highest in a while.. Jan, I know how busy you must be.. My Sandra is 2
years Cancer free . My grandson will be discharged from the Army July 26th.
Lynn You must be enjoying yourself in your new home.. Becky all I can say is.. " Don't scratch" . Been there and certainly done that..Scratch..I mean.
Val, just remember one door closes another opens.. Keep the FAITH. He is with you.
Have a great week. Love, Claire
.2013 from260....257...200 here I come Everything takes time... Get this going Lord..
Old 07-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #173

Hello my friends
I think of you all often and just have been flat out here-I went to Texas to help Dawn watch Amber-while there she bought a house-I stayed and helped her pack and clean-got back home and they came in for the Fourth and just left a few days ago. Things have been crazy-Child Protective Services in Texas have dropped the case sending Tony papers telling him better options for punishment than hitting a child. I am furious that the baby has to return to visits with him unsupervised but if it happens again I will once again contact them and get a lawyer. Horrible what they allow to happen to children~~Needless to say that stress has been tough but I am blessed compared to many so I should not really complain. Not sure when we will get to see the kids again but we talk daily so again it is not that bad.
Val-I just saw your post about being laid off-MANY hugs and prayers coming your way my friend-things are just so hard in this economy-I do hope you can at least collect for a while-are you close enough to retirement age to get a social security check? I am going to get my first in a week and looking forward to that additional income for sure~~~
Becky-I see where Kim is doing a marathon-how wonderful-she is such a dedicated young woman and setting a terrific example for her kids-someone must have done a GREAT job raising her
Claire-I am so happy to hear that your DD is cancer free-how is Emile feeling? Hoping you are well too-I do wish we could plan a get together I miss you guys and would love to have you and Jan come down here
Evon-WTG on that weight loss my friend-you are going to be looking amazing at the wedding for sure~~
Jan-last but certainly not least my friend-you folks have WAAAYYYY too much on your plates these days-praying for a bit of respite for your family-know you are in my thoughts and I am sending positive energy your way
Old 07-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Angels, I am officially ashut-in. I did go for blood work. but that has been the extent of my outings since Emile has been home. He does all the running around .. This humidity is bad for my breathing. AC woks fine . so I stay in . Have not been to my store since Emile was sick. May not go back.. I am not missed. My business is just about over.. Will be cleaning that up soon. As soon as I get the will to start.
Sorry, I did go out with my friend from Florida when she came 2 weeks ago. Today , we have a break in the heat. Windows and doors are opened. Fresh air at last. Have a great day ladies..
Love you, Claire
Old 07-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #175
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi everyone, I have been super busy this whole week. I am finally able to get in here.

Becky thank you for that candle that you are burning for us. It means so much to me.
I am very happy that Kim has a new guy and hopefully this will be her Mr. Right! Fingers crossed!!! How old is his little boy?
What color did you paint your rooms.
I can't believe another year has gone by and it's time for John's fishing trip to Canada. <3

Claire, so happy you and Emile are doing well and your eyes are okay after your surgery.
I an so thrilled for you that your Sandra has been cancer free for 2 years. That is awesome news...God bless her!
So much good news from you. I am happy your grandson is being discharged from the Army on the 26th. His mom and dad must be so happy.
This summer has been brutal. I stay in as much as possible. The AC never gets turned off. My friend has problems breathing when the humidity is this bad too.

Lynn you have been buys and I am heartbroken for you, Dawn and especially Amber that once again her EX will have Amber on the weekends. That is so wrong in so many ways. Poor little girl being forced to go to her dad's house when she is treated so badly by that brute. <3

Val I hope you are coming to grips with your job loss and are not as heartbroken as you were when it first happened. It's never easy to lose your job but know that we are praying for you to find another on and in the meantime enjoy your temporary time out of work. <3

Evon how are you doing my friend. Is that weight still coming off of you? I wish I could lose some weight. I am so stuck in a rut and feeling really down about my weight. I have too many other worries about Shannon to even be thinking about dieting or exercising right now. <3

Well I am very tired tonight so I will see you later. I am going to watch Blue Bloods. Please continue to pray for Shannon. She is no better at all. Love to all of you!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Angels. Good to see most of us posting again. I have been reading and praying but it has been so busy at work lately. I have been busy there and outside of work. But It is great, and I am happy and having a ball. I love my smaller clothes and having more time with my family. I am not too crazy about my garden. I love summer tomatoes, but guess it is not the year for them. We have had rain for the last 6 weeks. Gobs and Gobs of rain. We got almost 2 inches in 1 hour last week, on top of all the rain we already had. They even had to close I 40 at one time. The fields are so messed up with ponds in the middle of them. I think yesterday was the 1st day we have not had any rain since it started. But the rain did not kill my tomatoes. The deer did. I had my big plant I had bought from walmart and it was so big and full of tomatoes almost big enough to pick. They were starting to turn, and I went out to look at them and every tomato except one was gone. I fertilized thinking maybe I would get that one. The next time I checked, it was gone and most of the plant. The deer had eatten it. I picked up the plants I thought I could save and put them on the porch or on top of the grill and on the front porch, but they are not recovering very fast. So have my doubts. On the flower front, I do have more luck. I have transplanted a few of my 4 oclocks from the other house and have them in the ground. I have one that blooms consistently and I get some seeds and throw them out of make more flowers. I want to have them all over the front and side garden. I still have some knock out roses but I like 4 oclocks better. I still try to go to walmart and walk but not always successful. I had an off the diet weekend, so trying to recover from that. But I know I can and will now. Life is good. Take care and be good to you. We can do this.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #177

Hello my friends
trying to get myself back on a schedule-I have been away from the routine too long -got back to the gym -tried kickboxing today-OMG it is a buttkicking workout. I thought zumba was tough -maybe because it is the first time -we shall see as the weeks go on if it gets any easier!! Having my ex sister in law over for supper this coming Saturday and cooking and cleaning in this heat is NOT fun-one of the condensers on the AC here went out so we do not have it in the bedrooms and man it has been tough to sleep!! Of course with the heat they can not get here until next Monday so fans will be the way of life for us.

Claire-I understand with the heat that we are having your reluctance to get out in it-hoping that once this heat wave breaks you will get back your desire to get out and enjoy stuff again

Jan-how are things with Shannon and Ron? Do you know when you will get to see the Texas girls again-I wish they were closer-driving there is SUCH a long process and taking the plane is VERY expensive. I got a Southwest credit card and use it for EVERYTHING so I am working on getting us free flights to visit the kids for Christmas~~

Becky-how is your running going?? I so envy you-running is something I have always wanted to do but never had the knees or stamina for.

Val-thinking of you and sending and your way

Well off to begin cleaning for Saturday and prepping some stuff!! Stay cool RI Crew and hugs to you all
Evon-how wonderful that things are going so good for you and the family-getting into those smaller sizes is indeed a VERY good thing-while I am dropping only a few pounds I am losing inches so that is a good thing!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Angels. I have had a strange day. I did not wake up until 11 so fighting a want to be headache. Then when I got on the computer had problems. I called att and just got off, but in the mean time i boiled some eggs. Today is a down day and I really need one. Had an up, up and up day yesterday. But enjoyed every bite of it. But got an appt with ob gyn tomorrow. I found this stuff that is supposed to help controll bp and cholestoral. Both are my problem, so I bought the walmart brand. Dont know about the cholesterol, but according to my bp machine it is working on that area. And you would not believe how much better my knee is. Think I will continue to use it. I am up a few lbs, and was on atkins last week. It let me down so decided to go back to eod. I eat 8 boiled eggs on my down days. That is it. they are medium so 60 cal each. Little salt on them. I went from size 26 to 18 and 20. Still got a ways to go but since my high down to 230 is not bad 80 lbs.

Lynn, I know how it is with Amber. My Maddie and Dylan are with James this summer. I worry about them. But maybe Crystal is comtrolling the situation. Dylan had to come back and get antibiotics and then come back again to get a tooth pulled that had abcessed. First thing James did when he got there, was to get his hair cut into a mohawk. Madison sent a picture yesterday and said she was ready to come home and freaking out about school already. She will got to the high school which is 1/2 block from the house.
I had been looking for one of the seats you see on tv for people that sit a lot. I have one in my office chair at home, but need one for the office. I paid $13 pls tax for the one I have. When I went to Good will yesterday, they had 2 of them. Got both for 2.98 each. I sold Amy one last night for $4. Think I am going to give up on home computer and go back to straight talk. I can get that for less than I am paying for dsl now. Got to get my phone ordered.

Hope all of you are doing well. I am not complaining about the heat. It was cold for so long. Hope we dont have such a long winter this year. Love to all, evon
Old 07-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #179
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: idaholily
Stats: 226/226/140
WOE: Searching
Start Date: July 23, 2013
Greetings from a new member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeJR View Post
Hi again. I hope you all can find us, I will send all of you an email with the new thread on it in case you didn't see my last post. Have a great day and I hope, Evon, Emile, Becky are feeling better today.

Love and blessings to all, JAN
New to the site so I am just learning how to navigate around it.
idaholily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #180
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: idaholily
Stats: 226/226/140
WOE: Searching
Start Date: July 23, 2013
Looks Like I already goofed up.
idaholily is offline   Reply With Quote