LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY's Roll Call, Feb. 20

Ok friends, we are off to the lower San Joaquin valley for my Mother's birthday doings, the "kids" are arriving Thursday from Texas, and will see how that all works out.........nerve wracking at first.

Take care of yourselves........I'll be on now and then if the lap top works ok at the motel, one never knows.

Hang in there, those of us still involved with winter's last slaps at us are looking forward to some spring blossoms.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Have a safe and fun trip, Doris.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Yes, Doris, hope you have a thoroughly enjoyable trip to see family. I don't know why I am up at this ungodly hour. Hopefully, I'll go back to sleep for a few hours.
Last night, went to the singles dinner. The food was excellent. White meat chicken, with a delicious gravy on it, rice, and green beans. And, dessert and coffee. Had some cute games played afterwards. Dinner was preceded by a byob happy hour. This was all for $5.! Next month is corned beef and cabbage which is not one of my favorites so I may not go for that. The meals are catered by the lady who runs our pro shop coffee shop. Naturally, the ratio was two women for each man. LOL
Old 02-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Good Morning!

Hello,

I hope it's ok for me to pop in here. Today is my first day as a member here at Low Carb Friends. I've been following a modified Dukan plan since the beginning of January and having good success, but feel I need to branch out and explore new ideas and opinions. I've had a life long struggle with weight and am desperate to find a woe for the rest of my life that will keep me healthy & happy!

I look forward to getting to know you all in The Golden Years group!

Lori
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Good morning all

I am having a terrible allergy attack. Can't get over one thing before something else hits me. So I'm going to laze around today.

Hope you all have a great day

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #6

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Welcome Lori, this journey will always be your way of life, but may as well have friends along the way, doing the same thing!

Anne, hope you can get loaded with a med or something, that is awful, I used to have to go to the hospital all the time for that.

Thanks for all of your well wishes. Off to anxiety ville, friends.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...well, the rain is going away, the temps to remain cool but I guess it's still winter, so that's okay.

Safe trip, Doris, anxietyville in the San Joaquin? hafta check the atlas, but try -to stay as cool as possible...temperament-wise, not temperature-wise...that is. and enjoy the birthday-gal, too.

Welcome, Lori, hope you stick around...check us out, and the various forums for suggestion on your woe. We all have different ways of going to the same place, so I'm sure you'll find some help.

Back to the eye doc today to see if another 'script is necessary...sure hope so as I'm tired of whining about this...time to move on to another gripe...plus I've got things to do and places to go before I sleep....

Y'all take care and I hope good things come all y'alls way today...do something good for yourself.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Helloooo- just gettin here for the day.

Been workin on the kitchen this mornin and also makin a section in the livin room for stuff to take out to the arage.
Found a brownie I forot I bought at the 7/11 last monday. Sure was good but not enouh for a breaky so I will see what else I can find in the kitchen to eat.
All sound well so for. Thinkin of Verleen and Bob & Louise. Anne, do any of the allergy meds work for you?
Has warmed up here quite a lot... no ice in the bird bath.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! Just heard on the telly...the Grapevine is closed and has been most of the night and I-15 between Victorville and Barstow is closed due to heavy ice and snow...lots of accidents and the CHP decided it was too dangerous. Cajon pass is now open but has been closed until two a.m....this storm was a doozy. Sure hope Doris's ride down the valley is a good one...they're coming down behind the storm, so my prayers going out for them. Also hoping it doesn't create too much havoc as it makes its way across the country.

The mountains are certainly beautiful, tho.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Hello,

I hope it's ok for me to pop in here. Today is my first day as a member here at Low Carb Friends. I've been following a modified Dukan plan since the beginning of January and having good success, but feel I need to branch out and explore new ideas and opinions. I've had a life long struggle with weight and am desperate to find a woe for the rest of my life that will keep me healthy & happy!

I look forward to getting to know you all in The Golden Years group!

Lori
You sure can join us. We are happy to have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatehouse View Post
Good morning all

I am having a terrible allergy attack. Can't get over one thing before something else hits me. So I'm going to laze around today.

Hope you all have a great day

Anne
I sure hope you can find something to take to relieve your allergy discomfort. That stuff is just plain miserable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post
Wow! Just heard on the telly...the Grapevine is closed and has been most of the night and I-15 between Victorville and Barstow is closed due to heavy ice and snow...lots of accidents and the CHP decided it was too dangerous. Cajon pass is now open but has been closed until two a.m....this storm was a doozy. Sure hope Doris's ride down the valley is a good one...they're coming down behind the storm, so my prayers going out for them. Also hoping it doesn't create too much havoc as it makes its way across the country.

The mountains are certainly beautiful, tho.
Mary we had black ice on a section of our Cuesta Pass that caused a big accident this morning. There are areas in our area where the mountains are showing snow. So pretty!

Doris have a lovely time with your Mother. She's a centurion now. Don't stress just enjoy the moment. Looking forward to hearing all about the fun party.

Have a wonderful day and for the ones in need.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
We are enjoying the rain here in the desert this morning. Mostly over now. The Arizona high country is sure getting hit though.

Doug

Last edited by Doug_H; 02-20-2013 at 10:57 AM..
Doug_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #12

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Took DS to the airport this aft. He is on his way to Ft. Lauderdale for the next 3 weeks.

Doris, Hope All goes smoothly for you at your Mom's Birthday Bash. I hope you All have a good time.
It could take a while to see any blossoms up here. A few feet of snow covering the ground still.

Loving the peace and quiet around here just me and me dog...LOL!
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Cherokee broke down in the middle of the road...

blockin traffic in both directions. Two guys in a "city" truck stopped and pushed me into a 7-11. AAA tow truck came and the jeep was taken to the repair place for over night. The tow truck dropped me off at home. I think I am havin a nervous break down. Lord only knows how much it will cost. I'm prayin my little heart out. Last time I ever o out without a coat- just about froze. Sippin a Bud/clamato juice which I hope will calm me down.
Happy birthday to "Mom" Doris and safe traveling to you and DH.
SuSun, I love that little doggie and his apple.
oooh, I am feeling a little sicky.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back again...a trip to Loma Linda (14 miles), an hour in the doc's office, back to Sam's Club to fill the gas tank (OMG, $4.19 a gallon), a trip around the store (picked up some K-cups) and back to the house...total mileage on the car, about 40 miles, on the pedometer, a mile and a half, and I'm pooped....showing my age.

Eye doc says yep there is a change, but not enough for a new 'script, the cornea is clearing but the astigmatism is increasing, and come back next month and well see how it's going...in other words, things are going about as it was expected....sigh!

Lainey, sorry to hear about the jeep...I never go out without a jacket, even in the summer in SoCal with the temps in the 100's...Alaska got me to used to carrying something in the car at all times. Sure hope it's not a major fix and that things go well...relax and take a few deep breaths.

back in for the night and going to enjoy the lobster tails I bought yesterday, along with a rare steak from the other night and that yummy asparagus...and I opened a new bottle of merlot Monday, so I'm really set for the night...oh yeah, Survivor is back on...
Old 02-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk Mermaid View Post
blockin traffic in both directions. Two guys in a "city" truck stopped and pushed me into a 7-11. AAA tow truck came and the jeep was taken to the repair place for over night. The tow truck dropped me off at home. I think I am havin a nervous break down. Lord only knows how much it will cost. I'm prayin my little heart out. Last time I ever o out without a coat- just about froze. Sippin a Bud/clamato juice which I hope will calm me down.
Happy birthday to "Mom" Doris and safe traveling to you and DH.
SuSun, I love that little doggie and his apple.
oooh, I am feeling a little sicky.
bbl
I'm hoping you are blessed and get help with your Jeep situation.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote