LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Saturday's Roll Call, Feb. 16

Let us begin again, friends..............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 217980_10151147606103630_845472059_n.jpg (24.7 KB, 3 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Well, I would post one or two more photos if
I could figure out how.

No idea what we will do tomorrow. San Diego is a really nice city. Next year, I think we will bring theRV down here for a few weeks.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:45 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning gang.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:30 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good Saturday mornin.

Beete, I didn't think postin that album was like somethin you would do but I think they are so very perfect. The bird ones are super and those arranements are beautiful. Your arden is so inviting- and of course I adore your new pet. Below is the addition to my "pet family".
bbl all.

HA! first time I ever found a lost post. bbl E.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mom's Cruise 093.jpg (100.6 KB, 3 views)
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #5

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Good morning everyone,

LOL Doris, Boy we are getting old. I remember those library index cards well. Now it's all digitalized.

Gladys.

Lainey those flamingos are so pretty.

Babette, all you need to do is post the IMG code. It's the last one down in my album.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 108 lbs. 5'
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May '11
Wowee.............only 62 degrees with a wind. Freeze warnings all over the place for tonight, not good for the strawberries and blueberries.

Going to a luncheon in a little bit at the Clubhouse which also includes a fashion show.
That's it from here.
Ginny
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #7

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
We have a bright sunny clear blue sky up here, which I am always grateful for. The temps are still low and lots of white stuff around. I am off to meet 3 GFs for coffee and then we are going to see the Quartet with Maggie Smith, Billy Connelly and Pauline Collins, she played Shirley Valentine years ago. So it should be a change of scenery and distraction for a few hours. And hopefully lots of laughter.

Thank YOU Doris for that trip down memory lane, yes Linda I too remember those cards. At least we had to get up off our bum to read them not sit at a pc. LOL!

DS is still feeling on top of the World in New York City being wined and dined at some fabulous restaurants and yes he has the job. He bought himself a new suit while he was shopping yesterday. It is a slim fitting one. He joked and said it is almost like the Beatles used to wear. Fashion history repeating itself again or what???

Waving to All and looking forward to your photos Babette.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...sunny and warm today before the next front moves in and brings us cooler weather and rain next week...at least we're hoping for rain as it's been a very dry year down here...not so much up your way, Doris, but I hear the snowpack is not what it should be either, so it looks like water restrictions going into effect this summer.

Picked up one of those card file cabinets a long time ago...it made a fantastic cassette file as each drawer is exactly the right size. It's where I keep my spare batteries, and, yes, even my card stock. I've always used 3x5 cards for notes and when I used to give speeches....those little folding picture albums works great to keep the speech notes in order....I've also used the drawers as a wine cabinet.sigh! yes, it brings back memories.

How old were you when you first used the card file? I was seven. That's when my mom first started taking us to the library once a week to pick up books...I'd bring five or six home with me. What's your favorite library memory? I remember returning when I was 13, or so, returning one of Steinbeck's books back when the librarian chewed me out for taking out a "senior" book, our school had a shelf restricted only to senior's. She said, "I guess you've already read Tobacco Road, too." I said, "no, ma'am." but my friend answered her in the affirmative and she just "hummphed" like so many librarians were good at. Mrs. Dierdorf was her name and she had been the librarian at my elementary school and changed to the high school the year I went into junior high. Funny how such a photo can bring back such memories....must be showing my age.

Nothing planned for today, so I guess I'd better get to it. Have a great day, folks, and stay out of mischief.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 02-16-2013 at 09:01 AM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #9

I loved going to the library, was the only pastime when we lived in a tiny farming town near Fresno, in the hot San Joaquin valley.

Lovely pictures today, and enjoy San Diego, Begete, expensive but nice place. Had a great Navy reunion there several years ago.

Be back later, interesting posts today but I have no time to think. this "birthday get together" for my Mom is getting to be much more involved than first thought................stressing now.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
I think the problem is not yet having learned how to use the iPad. Had I been on our MS net book or desktop, I could have done it, but the iPad apps are different.

Anyhow, wishing you all a good next 3 Weeks because we leave tomorrow and not sure when we will have Internet access again.

Whuh
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Whuh???? meanin please. thanks
Old 02-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I was an assistant librarian while I was in High School one year. I loved it. We filed and put books back in the right order. Did that instead of English for a semester. I also did the PX board in the office for a semester. I got all sorts of complements from the office staff about my voice being so sweet. HAHAHA! At least they could understand what I as saying. Memories!

Not much happing today. DS will be stopping by later. Next week is taxes and the inspector is stopping by to check our new heater. Going to try to get some shopping done.

We have been seeing a little woodpecker so DH wants to find a log and put some holes in it so we can put in some seed mixed with a little peanut butter or lard to hang with the feeders. So that may take a ride out in the woods with a saw.

Have a nice day and Begete enjoy your cruise. See you when you get back in town .

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

DOWNTON ABBY ALERT!!!!!!

MARATHON BEGINNING AT 1: pm SEASON 3 Shirley descends on the ABBY. I'll be making a large thermos of tea and catching it all. whoo hoooo! Will make jam tea sandwiches (trimed crust of course) and snuggled under my elec. throws with the heating pad under my footsies. I know how to live!!!
bbl
Begete, sniff those posies for me but shake them first!!! Blessins go with you and John.

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 02-16-2013 at 10:20 AM..
Old 02-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #14

The Quartet was Fabulous a good watch and even better for those that appreciate music.
Star studded cast from the musical world.
Ginny and Louise, I think you and your DH's will love it.
My GFs liked it too, considering it was a BBC production.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #15

Mary, I enjoyed your memory of your teenage days at the library. The librarians we just as stiff in England too. I was always a bit anxious whenever the ink pads permeated my nostrils wondering what they would chastise me for. LOL!
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #16

Wishing Begete and John a terrific and yet restful trip, and smooth sailing, not like that ship that was going to Mexico, Lordy Lordy!!

Susan, I'm glad your son got a job in NYC, Wowee!!!

Isn't it funny the memories we have from old school days and so forth? I loved the library, we had such a small one, I read everything in there, so the librarian gave me permission to read the stuff for "older" people, and then she sent to Fresno for more books. As we got older, we helped out the librarian (there was only one, she worked there her whole life, Mrs. Horne). Got to go in the back room, where the historical newspapers from our town were kept, so we had amusement reading those, they were under lock & key then. We young gals would read to the little kids for story hour in the summer time. That was fun, only thing not great was NO AC, and it got into the hundreds down south.

Ginny, hope the strawberries don't get frozen tonight. And, if you want to see Marty Stuart's new shows online, go to Welcome | RURAL TV and they say they have the shows on there.

Hoping everyone is well, we are still cold, in the 20's, but need the coming rain and snow, so will have to take it as it comes.

Good Night! Boxing with dh tonight. (on tv, that is)

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

We are snowin!!!

expectin 3" by mornin. Got to see some fat flakes this afternoon and sure was pretty turning everything on the round white.
I LOVE IT and also love that it will be gone tomorrow or for sure the next day.
Waitin for 10: pm for the a repeat of last weeks Downton Abby but may skip that and read- finished the # 1 in the series of the Steven King's series of The Tower.... 7 books is quite the commitment and some of them are so huge I checked to see if they were large print- no such luck. The GunSlinger was really just strange but I am committed or probably should be.
Made a nice chinese chic & broc for supper (no rice). hint of rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, garlic a dust of 5 spice. Excellent, fast, easy- my idea of fine dining.
Need my PM Rxs and suppliments.
bbt

Old 02-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Well, the goddess sent me another dog...she always supplies me with two but now I've acquired a toy poodle...Nadine called, for some reason her acquaintants are always giving away dogs. Today's special, the five-month old poodle, was offered to me as she knows I have a lot of friends who could provide a good home...well, I relented and brought him home. My girls seem to be accepting him without too much trouble, but we'll see what tomorrow brings. All I need is an energetic puppy when I'm an old stay-at-home trog....

Someday soon, I'll be figuring out how to post some pictures and you'll be able to see my brood.

Hope you all had a great day... Babette, enjoy San Diego and the cruise...I love the city and spend a lot of time there...my favorite is the tram. For $15 you get to ride the town and hop on and off at all the best stops. I keep planning on going down for the Gaslamp District and the jazz. My idea of a great night.

hugs to all
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Just got home - a friend called and wanted to go see 'The Quartet', so we went and then got some Chinese food afterward. Very good show - even if you're not an opera aficienado, you will still enjoy it.

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed the day,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote