Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   EXERCISE Week: Feb. 10 - Feb. 16 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/796786-exercise-week-feb-10-feb-16-a.html)

mykneesareback 02-09-2013 08:42 PM

EXERCISE Week: Feb. 10 - Feb. 16

1 Attachment(s)
Almost to begin a new Week for those of us still groovin' and movin' :) and Happy to be able to do it ! Seriously! Join us please, if you have a mind to ;)

Loretta V 02-10-2013 04:23 AM

Thanks again Doris for putting a spring in our steps. Nothing today. Back at it tomorrow.

SuSUN 02-10-2013 01:48 PM

Thanks Doris for our weekly exercise thread again.

Arm and shoulder routine with small hand weights
Lower body work out for thighs and gluts

LoveMontana 02-10-2013 02:33 PM

Two hour walk this morning and then some housework.

mykneesareback 02-10-2013 06:06 PM

Linda, that danged housework, lol! Even my mother still cleans up in her assisted living place, for pete's sakes, says the person that vacuum's pushes stuff out of the way, so she has to straighten it all out again, and they toss things that she wants to keep, so she hides it, if she can.

Did 2 hrs. 50 min. bike time, and weights, and that's it. Mentally I'm bushed, though.

Loretta V 02-11-2013 06:20 AM

Don't do much in the way of house work anymore.

Nice 3.45 mile walk this am. No workout today.

SuSUN 02-11-2013 01:52 PM

I would love to get a regular cleaner to keep me on track.

Sink push ups
kitchen squats
Abs and Gluts work
Hand and wrist exercises

mykneesareback 02-11-2013 05:56 PM

I didn't do anything at home today, don't feel like it, made supper.

Putting all the Costco stuff away, well, only into the refrigerator for all the meats and cold stuff............will pack it away and label to freeze tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday. It takes so long to get that done, but it is necessary, of course. dh was tired out after pushing the cart, and fitting it all into the car, because we had bought a car seat and high chair for Silas, and they came in huge boxes that took up most of the back seat. lol

See you tomorrow at some point...........

I did walk swiftly at the Mall, and Target, looking and searching for a few things that weren't there, have to go back next week. :)

Loretta V 02-12-2013 10:32 AM

Doris are you planning a visit to Silas? No Target here but would like one.

Walk and workout as usual today.

SuSUN 02-12-2013 03:07 PM

Tuesday's Exercise

-Small hand weight Arm and shoulder exercises
-Light lower body work
-hand and wrist exercises

mykneesareback 02-12-2013 06:04 PM

Silas, our son and daughter in law, are flying out here next Thursday, to be in attendance at my Mom's 100th. birthday get together, she doesn't know it yet.

I barely got in 2 hrs. on the bike today, friends. Went to breakfast, and then to the bigger town, took tax papers in to the "tax guy dude", and had to have my hair fooled with, last time I had it cut, it was too short on top, and when I got up, my husband said it looked like a plucked chicken.......so went to the hairgal I used to go to several years ago. Thus, we yakked and yakked, took alot of time. dh went to the store, couldn't find the saurkraut, without help from other lonely senior male shoppers............well, long story short, we got home later than planned. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Tomorrow should be a "normal" day, planning to stay home until next Monday, when we have to go down for stitch removal.

Thanks for listening................:laugh:

I need to do more weight lifting, dang it!!!

SuSUN 02-13-2013 10:43 AM

Wednesday's Ex:

Lower Body work out

Loretta V 02-13-2013 01:16 PM

What a wonderful surprise for you mom Doris.

Read and ride today due to rain.
Exercise workout upper and lower body 30 min.

mykneesareback 02-13-2013 02:18 PM

3 hrs. 20 min. bike time, and Jack LaLanne chair exercises and that's it.

Loretta V 02-14-2013 01:09 PM

The usual for me. Exercise workout upper and lower body, walk.

SuSUN 02-14-2013 02:51 PM

Walked the dog on his little stroll.
Shovelled and scraped some of the ice that was thawing.
Nothing too formal today.

mykneesareback 02-14-2013 06:01 PM

We had to scrape today, too, Susan, but this time it actually made a difference. Expect more stuff next week though.

Did 3 hours on the bike, and weights sets, and work outside, that is it for today.

LoveMontana 02-14-2013 08:26 PM

Did a lot of walking the past few days and today did the hand weights.

Loretta V 02-15-2013 10:32 AM

No rain or snow here but I don't want to say that too loud.

Walk and workout upper and lower body.

Plan on a long walk by the lake tomorrow am.

mykneesareback 02-15-2013 03:32 PM

Took a hike in the park/hills and then inside a huge, modern Safeway. No bike today at all, no time..

SuSUN 02-15-2013 06:45 PM

I know what you mean Doris, when the scraping now makes a difference. A little thaw helps with that. Spring can't be far off now.

No formal exercise today...I have been sloth like today.

mykneesareback 02-16-2013 05:42 PM

Got in 3 hrs. 20 min. on the bike today, and that's it, no weights or anything else of note. Will start the new post later on tonight.........