LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
What a lovely scene so near to a post office, Linda, thanks!

When I see the list of threads, that "happy new year" blows my mind, lol !

Hoping those of us not feeling up to par are getting some relief, or at least able to sleep.

See you on Wednesday, friends.............
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Hi Linda and Doris,

Frantically trying to get ready for our trip next week. May be out of touch while at sea because I am way too cheap to pay $.75 per minute for Internet access on the ship, especially when everyone comments how slow it is. Once we reach port, if there is AT&T I can use 4G.

I am hoping everyone who is ill soon recovers, and that Louise and Bob soon have some good news.

Apparently there is a tsunami heading towards the South Seas and Australia, but if it learns I am in the neighborhood, given our luck these past 8 months, it will make a u turn and head for Hawaii !
Old 02-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Borrowing trouble now are we, Babette? You will have a great time. Enjoy the cruise.

Nothing going on today. Hope everyone is back at school and feeling better on my krewe!

Have a good day everyone. Lainey you are an inspiration doing all that work all the time...good for you.

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good mornin and thanks Linda.

Very pretty duck pond.
Yes, I am not supprised about a tsumami as Santa Cruise has been rockin and rollin the past few days- I get alerts of quakes over 5 and one of theirs was an 8. Solomon Islands seems to have the most quakes of all.
More Mt. Washmore today and more pittlin in the kitchen as I will only bake in a very clean kitchen and I still have 3 boxes of ginerbread mixes to make the soft cookies (the ones with all the cracks) - I love those and have promised a couple of neihbors some.
Just happened across a obit of a friend from when I was 13 years old. Altzmers at 71. Memorial service Sat. and I plan to go. Real clothes and boots will sure be a rarity.
Thinking hard on Louise and Bob and prayin for ood outcomes for all of their test and proceedures.
Goin to pay online some bills this morning and et that out of the way for Feb. 2013.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:23 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Do any of you take Centrum? Does it make you feel any better or help any problems?
I've never in my life taken any vitamins but it was suggested to me yesterday.

My car will be three years old next month and the odometer just turned 9,000 miles this week.

The house was power washed yesterday, including the porch and the driveway. It looks so nice and clean. That won't last long. He takes off all the screens and washes the outside of the windows, too.

Yes, Verleen, I sure did get your pm. So glad that everything is progressing nicely.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #7

Julie, my dh took centrum, and went off of centrum and on many times, his blood tests never showed anything terrific either way, so we don't waste money on it anymore, didn't make him dance, that is for sure, lol............was it a doctor or another older person who "told" you to take that? Just wondering............

Last edited by mykneesareback; 02-06-2013 at 07:28 AM..
Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BeachyWoman
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2003
I feel like taking vitamins is a waste. I do take calcium and D, but got tired of spending so much money on things that didn't help as far as I was concerned. My sis takes everything and I am healthier than she is...LOL Thankfully we are warming up, but looks like you in the NE are getting hammered with more snow. Spring is just around the corner..hang in there. Have a super duper Wed. all....Glenda
BeachyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #9

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachyWoman View Post
I feel like taking vitamins is a waste. I do take calcium and D, but got tired of spending so much money on things that didn't help as far as I was concerned. My sis takes everything and I am healthier than she is...LOL
I'm with you. We used to take a whole lot of stuff, but now I use only Vit.D and Fish Oil.
Most do nothing for us but do give us expensive pee.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #10

Our doctor says, even if you eat stuff that isn't extra healthy, still make sure to eat fresh veggies and fresh fruit of different colors every day, too, and we should be fine................that's why I measure out my dh's veggies and fruit every day, and he does eat them, not thrilled, but he does it.........supplements are not the "real" vitamin or whatever it is you are suddenly searching for anyway. I had to relearn all of this 9 years ago, used to hardly ever eat any veggie, except for corn, my dh was the same. Vegetation rules, even though it doesn't taste terrific

It is so danged cold here, we are loading the woodstove up and it's pumping away, and the heater is on, too. We both have never been so cold in the 31 years we have lived up here, WTH is up with that??

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMontana View Post
I'm with you. We used to take a whole lot of stuff, but now I use only Vit.D and Fish Oil.
Most do nothing for us but do give us expensive pee.
Isn't that the truth Linda, HAHAHA!! I don't even take calcium now that I know it is mostly flushed. I do need D and I take the mag. milate (sp) for muscle cramps. Oh yes those vitamin makers really know how to push there product.

We're spose to get some rain tomorrow but today is really nice out. Plan to get out in it a bit. Dh had his breakfast with his friends and I've only been up an hour. Just had my breakfast of ricotta with some cinnamon and second cup of coffee.

Begete enjoy your cruise. That is something I've never done. The ocean just doesn't excite me all that much. I know you will have a great time as I've heard there's a lot to do and the food is fabulous.

Mary hope your getting better and over the hump of that sicky bug.

I too hope we hear of some good news from Louise on her test and also Bob and his treatment.

Well best get my day started. It was the pits the last couple of days with no wi-fi. Now I have my freedom and things are back to normal around here.

Have a good one. Check in later.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...finally up and moving, well, sipping on the cuppa and checking the 'puter for my regular stuff. Last night was a repeat of the night before, couldn't sleep until the wee hours, then slept in. Guess that's better than sleeping all day. Feeling better but cough is deepening, sure hope it starts being productive.

Another weather front moving in this weekend and although it won't bring us much, if any, rain, they're saying the Grapevine for this weekend may be iffy...I know to you folks back yonder this doesn't mean anything, but that's the main artery between the various areas here in California. I remember sitting at my brother's house for days waiting for it to clear enough that I could make a dash back home. And, them closing it just as I hit Bakersfield...fortunately I knew a back way into L.A. but so did every one of the thousands of drivers, so the two-lane was busy. But we made it into our destination, just hours later.

Hope you all have a great day and good things come your way...stay warm and comfy, Spring is not too far away.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #13

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Hi All,

Thanks Linda for our kick off today and the explanation regarding your new Avi. How delightful. I am sure that pond is frozen over now huh? Everything is frozen up here even the World's longest skating rink.

Doris, that sure is good advice re Fruit and Veggies Rule!

Hi Glenda, I am glad to hear you have some cool weather down there. LOL! My GF has some more company staying with her in Spring Hill for the next two weeks. They are a couple that she knows up here. Then she returns to Canada at the end of the month. She wants me to book a place for April. I may go back to Kissimmee.

Verleen, glad to hear things are progressing along with the house purchase.
Hope your health journey improves things for you too.

Waving to All and hope to check back later...
Old 02-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
hi all-

DH had his port installed today. Had to push back other testing as my COBRA insurance renewal is taking forever. I've raised cain all over, so hope that will help.

Here is a little ditty to help the sanity (wink, wink).

all the best,

-Louise
weezie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #15

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thank YOU Louise for the updates on Bob. Hope things go smoothly for you with that insurance.

I will now play your little clip.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #16

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Louise, LOL love the tinfoil hat ditty.

Susan, for some strange reason that particular pond isn't frozen over Most of the others are though.

Gee Mary, maybe you should go to a walk in about that cough. It might be bronchitis.

Sharon, It's great to have your wi fi back up and running, eh?

Oh yeah I forgot to say that I also take magnesium every day for those muscle cramps.

LOL Doris, you are fortunate that G will eat vegetables. Tod has not eaten anything besides an occasional salad and some green beans since 1997, and he is healthy as a horse.

Heard a National weather service Meterologist say our area "could" get one hell of a nasty blizzard Friday into Sat.
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Raining here again,guess that is the reason everything is green.lol
I don't take anything but Dh takes a multi. that the Dr. wants him on.Who knows.
BBT
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykneesareback View Post
Our doctor says, even if you eat stuff that isn't extra healthy, still make sure to eat fresh veggies and fresh fruit of different colors every day, too, and we should be fine................that's why I measure out my dh's veggies and fruit every day, and he does eat them, not thrilled, but he does it.........supplements are not the "real" vitamin or whatever it is you are suddenly searching for anyway. I had to relearn all of this 9 years ago, used to hardly ever eat any veggie, except for corn, my dh was the same. Vegetation rules, even though it doesn't taste terrific

It is so danged cold here, we are loading the woodstove up and it's pumping away, and the heater is on, too. We both have never been so cold in the 31 years we have lived up here, WTH is up with that??
Those micro nutrients are so important. I think that's why they are so colorful. Pleasing to the eye makes one like what they are eating. I like to put something colorful like carrots with my broccoli. I also add a touch of lemon juice to cut down the salt. Great taste.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
I eat very little fruit but tons of veggies. I take B, D3, Omega3 & Red Rice Yeast supplements. I probably should add calcium.
Wow, I'm starting to feel like I drive too much-my car is just 2 years old and I've put almost 36K miles on it already.
Begete, I hope you enjoy your cruise. Some of my best vacations have been spur of the moment. But there's no way I could do LC with all the goodies they have on a cruise!
Weezie, hope you get your Cobra straightened out.
Anne, toddlers & preschoolers are just little germ factories. That's why I only watch babies anymore. Of course, they have play dates for infants now, so they're still passing around the germs.