Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   TUESDAY'S Roll Call, Feb. 5 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/796328-tuesdays-roll-call-feb-5-a.html)

mykneesareback 02-04-2013 10:07 PM

TUESDAY'S Roll Call, Feb. 5

1 Attachment(s)
Feels like February is already slipping by..............:dunno:

Begete 02-05-2013 02:03 AM

Thanx for starting us off, Doris. Booking a major trip 8 days before departure is insane, but that's actually good for us right now. Planning on trying to lose weigh with strict low carb on the ship, by taking advantage off someone else doing the cooking, and a wide selection of menu items.

birdlady 02-05-2013 02:14 AM

Good Morning gang.
Have fun Begete,it should do you good getting away.
We are going to be rainy today,just the usual that's done weather it rains or not.
Forgot to put the trash out last night,hope they are late picking up.
BBL

ocali 02-05-2013 04:50 AM

I've got to put out the trash, too. And, I have to move the car because my house will be power washed this a.m. While that's being done, I have a doctor's appointment. So, it will be a busy morning.
Have you all noticed the gas price increase? I paid $3.59 a gallon yesterday. I got 5 gallons for my $20., not even a half tank. What happened to the lower prices???

As I've mentioned before, Begete, my DD and her DH have been on at least 10 cruises, including all the usual ones plus the one on the Queen Mary to England. Anyways, they have two planned for the next three months. A week from San Diego to Mexico and back. And, then a Panama Canal cruise from Florida to San Diego. That will be their second one thru the canal going in the opposite direction. Of course, they've done all the Caribbean cruises, Mediterranean, Alaska, etc., etc. They love it..

mykneesareback 02-05-2013 07:12 AM

Good luck with getting all of those errands and things done today, Julie! :high5:

Begete, just enjoy yourself on the cruise, it's not like you get away for pleasure that often anymore, you can be strict on yourself at home ;). No punishment on a trip of a lifetime, at least, that is what something like a cruise would be for us. :heart:

Hello Gladys, enjoy your day there, if you are able to get out.

We are off to the high school breakfast now.

BeachyWoman 02-05-2013 07:18 AM

Good Morning everyone. Begete, a cruise is just what you need. Its great to just give you worries to the ocean and enjoy the scenery. Wish I had another one in my near future.
Linda, I did try to post the picture from photobucket. Don't know what I did wrong. I'll go back and try again.
Have a super day everyone. Glenda

tatehouse 02-05-2013 07:31 AM

Sticking my foot in the door.

Busy day today. And I woke with a sore throat...oy vey. Seems like Maggie gets everything coming down the pike and then we all get it, too.

BBL,
Anne

LoveMontana 02-05-2013 08:47 AM

Good morning everyone,

Doris, thanks for the start off. I'll try to do it tonight if you haven't beat me to it.;)
Enjoy the high school breakfast. You are fortunate to have that in your area.
We have about 7 or 8 high schools within a 10 mile radius and none provide that great service.

Babette, just throw some things in your suitcases and enjoy yourselves on the cruise. A getaway shouldn't be work.

Glenda, I see you did get the photo link up. If you post the [/ img] link from either photo bucket or image shack (tinypic ), the picture will show.
The link I posted to tinypic is so much easier though. You can even resize right there before you copy the link.

Julie, that da*ned gas price jumped a whole lot overnight in our area...
Went from $3.55 to $3.89 :venting:

Gladys, enjoy a nice rainy day nap. :D Hopefully they picked your trash up.

Anne, sorry about the sore throat. The little darlings bring every germ and virus home from pre school and school to share :rolleyes:

Bright and sunny here but really cold ... 18 degrees... but I do need to go out to buy cream
BBL

SuSUN 02-05-2013 08:56 AM

Good Morning All,

Thank YOU Doris for our start up. Is that a comptometer machine in your Avi?
Funny how they made lots of noise back then all those keys too.

I can see a few of you gals have been busy already. We have a clear blue sunny sky out there but temps are still low minus -16C today and minus -24 with the windchill. It was minus -37C overnight. I don't know how the animals and birds survive. I try to feed them but no warmth or shelter for them, poor things.

Oh Babette, Enjoy your cruise as Glenda puts it well, give all your worries to the ocean and enjoy the scenery. Wish I was coming with you!

Glenda, When are WE going on a cruise? LOL!

Julie, QE2 no less huh? WTGG! I have a grand nephew that works on that ship.
He lives in London and sails out of Southampton. You must have some fond memories of those cruises. I have only done two cruises with my parents in the 50's both were Mediterranean. I hope to take a Caribbean cruise one day. DH was not fond of the sea and restricted space.

Gladys, it is trash day for me tomorrow. It is so cold I don't feel like preparing it today. It is in the garage but it is cold in there too. I hope DS will help me tonight.

Oh Anne, poor you sick again. I guess a soothing gargle with warm salt water and to suck some lozenges is about all you can do to alleviate that discomfort. You are almost like the school teachers how they pick up all the bugs from their pupils.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope to bbl...

Mssarge 02-05-2013 01:28 PM

Morning all..still trying to figure out where I picked up this bug as I've been the troglodyte but I must have got it from a grocery basket or sumpin'. Anyhoo, couldn't sleep last night at all so slept in this morning. I'm just now getting movin' and having my first cuppa...at noon, fercrissake! Oh well, nuttin' to do except get my trash barrels out to the street (haven't put them out for about three weeks, so my sack a week is collecting. Throat's a bit better this morning, but the cough has started and the head is foggy as heck. Oh well, three days coming, three days having and three days going...so I guess I'm about half-way through the miseries....sigh!

Babette, have you ever taken the ferry north out of Vancouver? We came out of Alaska that way and I've always wanted to go back. You can get off at any stop and catch the next one...the cabins were cheap, and the food was good. It isn't a cruise, but it sure was fun. I'm still planning on a cruise this year, if I ever get off the duff and get my passport....it is number one on my bucket list.

Hope you all have a great day even if the gas prices are rising again...we're over $4 here, up 30 cents in the last week...last time I filled the tank it was $3.47 at Costco..a month ago. Amazing how long a tank lasts if you're not driving anywhere...lol.

back to bed for me, type ya'll tomorrow...

tatehouse 02-05-2013 01:47 PM

Things have calmed down here. Maggie is sleeping and my throat is a lot better. Must have been overnight drainage.

I'm with you on the driving, Mary. I have had my new car over a month and don't have 300 miles on it as yet! Everything I need is right here at home.

BBL
Anne

Norfolk Mermaid 02-05-2013 02:06 PM

whoopsie, late ettin here.

workin on the piled up little stack of fancies tops with beads & siquens and sweaters that have to be alone each and then a normal lihts and darks loads.
Also, pickin away at the piled up stuff in the kitchen THEN ot to pay bills which I do on line but most of my bills are auto pay which I love.
otta go bbl
e.

SuSUN 02-05-2013 03:51 PM

Just popping back in to check up on everyone's day.

I must have missed your post Linda What is that pic in your Avi?

Mary, Where will you plan your cruise? That one out of Vancouver sounds interesting. I hope to do the Caribbean first though.
How are your eyes these days? I wouldn't mind getting new lenses inserted instead of wearing 3 pair of glasses.

Anne, glad to hear your throat is improving.

Lainey, good for you sorting those pretty tops and paying bills.
I am still culling papers and clothes to get them out of the house.
I hope to have made a large dent by the summer months.

Hope they picked up your garbage Gladys.

Wishing All a pleasant evening and positive wishes for Louise and Bob.

Verleen 02-05-2013 06:04 PM

Good evening. I hope you are feeling better Anne.

Babette, still keeping you in my thoughts. The cruise sounds lovely.

Julie, did you find the PM from me? I answered your PM.

The bank's appraiser did his job. He said he hadn't finalized the numbers yet, but thought everything looked fine as to the purchase price and appraised value. As for the FHA inspection of the house, it passed, except the side porch needs a railing. I hope the owners don't have a fit over it. So we are moving right along.

Thursday, Cathy and I are looking over wallpaper books and she'll pick one out. We need to hire someone to install it. So we will try to get the key and have that person come measure so we can find out how much wallpaper we need to get. I'm buying the wallpaper and wood moldings for her. We will probably have to order the rolls of wallpaper.

I got my nebulizer delivered today and my first treatment. My cardiologist is looking into a hyperbaric chamber to see if that might help. The pot roast came out very good. Just ask the birds and dogs.:laugh:

mykneesareback 02-05-2013 07:09 PM

Verleen, it's good to see you post, and I hope the hyperbaric chamber works for you, how soon would you get to use it?

It's still cold here, another storm moving in tomorrow night, winter blahs still here, and the beat goes on :dunno:

So Begete, you guys are leaving on the 13th then?

Waving at all the rest of you, my pc is not working well, it won't type unless I really hit the keys, for some reason.

LoveMontana 02-05-2013 07:31 PM

Doris, tip it keyboard over and slap/shake it. You might have some dirt under the keys.

Susan, darned cold here in the north east, isn't it? Hopefully it will warm up soon.
That's the duck pond behind our post office in my avatar. Used it to start tomorrow's post.;)

Oh Verleen, How wonderful that things are moving along well for that new house.
Hope the hyperbaric chamber helps the healing. There are a lot of them around here and people rave about how well they help.

Hi Lainey, isn't sorting those things a PITA?:stars:

UGH Mary, sorry about that bug. We can pick them up almost anywhere. Feel better soon.

Anne, Glad your throat is feeling better.
You are lucky not to have a lot of miles on your car. I put at least 2,000 a month on mine.