Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   MONDAY's Roll Call, Feb. 4 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/796243-mondays-roll-call-feb-4-a.html)

mykneesareback 02-03-2013 09:56 PM

MONDAY's Roll Call, Feb. 4

1 Attachment(s)
Another Monday to get a "move on", friends.........:high5:

Begete 02-04-2013 01:02 AM

Good morning,

It's amazing all the things you do automatically to protect your pets without even thinking....like making sure your used dental floss is carefully disposed of so the pet doesn't swallow it and end up with it wrapped around its intestines; or you carefully wrap up your skin medication on its cuetip for disposal so if your pet tips over a trash can she won't eat any of it.....I find myself taking the time to do all these little things out of habit and then realizing there is no one to protect anymore.

We spent the day looking for a cruise or somewhere to go to get away from here, but the only available thing (since I am not allowed to fly more than about 2 hours for medical reasons) is a Celebrity Cruise to Hawaii from San Diego RT, and we hated the one Celebrity cruise we took years ago. Must decide by tomrrow morning so here it is at midnight and John is reading reviews online.

birdlady 02-04-2013 05:21 AM

Good Morning,hoping for as nice a day as yesterday.
Begete,hope you can find something.Again sorry for your loss.As I get older I see the need to cut down on pets.I have a long way to go.
Keeping Louise and Bob in my T&P's.
Loretta,time for a picture of you and John.Bet you make a nice couple.I had called him Johnny earlier by mistake.
Have a great day all.
BBL

ocali 02-04-2013 06:41 AM

Glenda, where are the pictures of you and Susan? I'd love to see them.
Begete, my dd and her dh who live in San Diego did that cruise last year (or 2 years ago). Loved it. Sailed to Hawaii and visited each of the islands as part of the cruise and then sailed back to S.D.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid 02-04-2013 06:44 AM

Beete, prayin you and John leap onto that cruise.

My girls are finishing up their steamed shrimps breaky and I guess they would be about middle age in human years. The pain of losing a pet cat is somethin that never leaves the heart no matter how long time oes by.
I will be payin payments on line today and climbin Mt. Washmore. Had to thaw the ice in the bird bath already but it was not nearly as deep ice as usual.
Time to get a move on for this Monday.
bbl

tatehouse 02-04-2013 07:04 AM

Good morning all,

Babette, look at American Cruise Lines. They have smaller ships and fewer people and one leaves from Seattle that follows Lewis and Clark's route. If I had the time and/or Money I would take one of these cruises.

DD had an impromptu Mardi Gras/Super Bowl party. I went for an hour or so and ate myself silly! Maggie was feeding me M&M's but only orange ones. What a hoot.

Got to run a few errands before I get Maggie from school..

Have a nice Monday everyone.
Anne

LoveMontana 02-04-2013 07:24 AM

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the start off, Doris.

Cold and snowy here but it's off to visit a couple of family members and have lunch with mom and my brother.

Babette, hope you and John can find a nice get-away.

Hi to Anne, Julie, Lainey, Gladys, Glenda, Michelle, Susan, Sharon, Doug and any who follow.

Norfolk Mermaid 02-04-2013 08:09 AM

I would love that cruise Anne. Beete also check out the Nat'l Georaphic Cruises. My dream is a small sailin boat cruise- Barefood cruises (?) I think they are called where you work with the crew in sailing the boat or just "Cruise" or just cruise.
Gotta move- I wast way too much time on that Double solitaire game in the mornins.
bbl

Mssarge 02-04-2013 10:16 AM

morning all...a bit worse this morning so I guess I wasn't able to fight it off successfully, even have a headach to go along with the scratchy throat...of well, it's been at least three years since I've had a cold, so I guess I'm due. Changing my appointment for the workout at Curves and climbing back into bed....hope you all have a great day.

Shalbrihil 02-04-2013 11:54 AM

Take care Mary. Colds can be just as miserable as the flu. Water or just plan saliva is a hard one to get down with a sore throat. Hopefully you will heal fast and feel better soon.

Begete 02-04-2013 03:10 PM

We booked the cruise. We hated our last Celebrity cruise so I hope this one is better.

The reason we took this one is simply because it is the first one leaving from a port within my 2.5 hour flight limit to anywhere!!

BeachyWoman 02-04-2013 06:41 PM

http://s94.beta.photobucket.com/user...tml?sort=3&o=0 I tried to post a picture of SuSun and me, but don't think it happened.

BeachyWoman 02-04-2013 06:44 PM

I posted a picture of SuSun and me on facebook, for some reason it wouldn't happen here. Glenda

LoveMontana 02-04-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeachyWoman (Post 16239851)
I posted a picture of SuSun and me on facebook, for some reason it wouldn't happen here. Glenda

Glenda, use tinypic TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Upload and resize it on that page and post the link here. It's really easy.

Oh and edited to add: If you are a member go and log in, if not, sign up. It's free.

mykneesareback 02-04-2013 07:10 PM

Thanks, Glenda, I'll go look right now!!! :shake:

ocali 02-05-2013 04:40 AM

Glenda, I "friended" you so that I can see the picture.

BeachyWoman 02-05-2013 07:48 AM

SuSun And Glenda Photo by BeachyWoman | Photobucket

Shalbrihil 02-05-2013 06:25 PM

Wonderful picture Glenda. Loved it. :)

Shalbrihil 02-06-2013 10:29 AM

Begete and Bob enjoy your cruise :)