Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Roll Call for Sunday, Feb 3 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/796121-roll-call-sunday-feb-3-a.html)

Loretta V 02-03-2013 04:09 AM

Roll Call for Sunday, Feb 3

Just a weed:

http://i46.tinypic.com/68suc2.jpg

How amazing that a weed could be so beautiful.

Just getting us out of the chute for today.

Norfolk Mermaid 02-03-2013 04:46 AM

Good mornin and thanks Doris.

What weed is that Doris? Yes, very beautiful.
Holdin Begete and John in my thoughts this mornin.
Very cold but the birdbath doesn't look frozen this mornin but I need to go to it to check.
Coffee is hittin the spot this mornin.
bbl

BeachyWoman 02-03-2013 05:04 AM

Good Morning friends. On my second cup of coffee, watching the sun make its way up. A beautiful sunrise this am. Hope everyone has a day to write about. I'm going to try...Glenda

modon69478 02-03-2013 05:10 AM

Good morning Lainey and Loretta and all that follow,

Will be keeping busy again today with just a few errands and then some household chores. Am planning to make some buffalo ranch chicken meatballs as my 'Super Bowl' treat - will watch the commercials until it's time for Downton.

Will be thinking of Babette today too as she copes with the loss of her long-time pet.

Glad to hear that Susan is safely home and had such a wonderful trip to Florida.

Waving to Anne, Doris, Sharon, Linda, Julie, Mary, Glenda, Verleen, Louise, and MMary!

Enjoy the day as best you can,
Michele

tatehouse 02-03-2013 06:24 AM

Good morning all,

Rest In Peace Pandora.

Going to be lazy today. Got caught up on a good many things yesterday. My migraines are becoming much too often for my liking and I thought yesterday was going to be a headache free day. But alas, I got one late evening and was not happy.

Hope you all have a good Sunday,
Anne

Shalbrihil 02-03-2013 06:53 AM

Loretta that's one beautiful colored weed. Thanks for kicking us off today.

Anne I'm making your crockpot chicken breasts today. Love that way of fixing them. They stay nice and moist and with such nice flavor.

I like the Super Bowl commercials more than I do the game. So my theory is to see them on line. LOL! Can hardly wait for Downton tonight. It's the big highlight of my Sunday.

Begete my heart is with you while you go through this trial.

Keep it real folks and I'll see you all later.

LoveMontana 02-03-2013 07:02 AM

Good morning everyone.

Thanks for the start off, Loretta. Love that "weed".

Hang in there Babette. It will get easier.:hugs:

Sharon, love your avatar.
I must have missed Anne's way of cooking chicken breasts in the crock pot. Humm :dunno: Guess I should do a search.

Waving to Lainey, Michelle, Glenda, Gladys, Doris, Mary, Julie, Doug, and all who may follow.

Hope Verleen checks in to let us know how the house purchase is doing.

Something to make you LOL

Norfolk Mermaid 02-03-2013 07:18 AM

OOPS, I mean thanks Loretta for the start out.
Just putterin today but should try for more.
I will also watch the commercials till Downton comes on. I look forward all week to that show and even enjoy the re-runs. Still plannin to reserve the dvd seasons all the way from season 1 on.
Need to do a supermarket run right quick- kitties need shrimp to steam for them.
bbl

mykneesareback 02-03-2013 09:03 AM

Hello, just checking in, and waving to everyone.

Still have Begete's Pandora in my thoughts.

Also thinking of Louise, and all her medical issues coming up, too.

Need to rush off, no time this morning except for the "butt on the bike". :)

Mssarge 02-03-2013 09:17 AM

Good morning all...sun shining, temps in the 70's, so it's almost like Springtime...I had the "scratchy" throat all night long, so it looks like I'll be spending my superbowl sunday in bed. Just having my cuppa before diving back between the covers....let's see, Listerine, yep, saline solution, yep, Vitamin C, yep, echinacea, yep, zinc tabs, yep...chicken soup, yep! I'm set...back to bed for me.

Oh! I forgot to add...grape juice, yep! (My momma always bought me a bottle of Welch's when I came down with a bug.)

Y'all have a great day...enjoy the commercials, the game, and Downton Abbey...see y'all tomorrow.

Liblady 02-03-2013 09:27 AM

Another cool morning here (40s) but up to mid 70s later. Beautiful sunshine yet again.

The Patsy Cline show was marvelous and my friend did an excellent job. She had done this show last May and it was so good with so many requests to present it again, that they chose to do it this weekend. It was so good to see her, I gave her my phone # and email so that we could "catch up."

Today, going to see Hyde Park on the Hudson. When I grew up in Yonkers, our apt. overlooked the Hudson and we also would ride up to Hyde Park on occasion.

After the movie we're going over to friends to watch a little of the game. None of us are into football nor do we want to overeat, so it will be a simple deal.
Ginny

Mary, get better.

Begete 02-03-2013 10:14 AM

Thanx for all the very kind thoughts everyone. My lap is so empty, but I do NOT want to adopt another. I just could not go thru this again.

My best wishes to Weezie and her DH for a full recovery for both.

Loretta - thanx for starting us off, but what is that weed?

Verleen 02-03-2013 10:23 AM

Hello and howdy. Babette, you and Pandora are in my heart. It will get better over time. You did the right thing.

Louise, you and Bob have had to deal with so much this past year. I hope the future holds good things for you. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Loretta, thanks for starting us off. I love the weed. I have great respect for weeds. Whenever a Queen Ann's Lace pops up in my gardens, I just leave it there. Why would I rip out such beauty? The flowers in your picture look like wild phlox, which has 5 petals. Dame's Rocket is often confused as being phlox, but it has 4 petals. I've been trying to naturalize my own hill with Dame's Rocket which is just as pretty as phlox and has a sweet smell.

Still juggling the animals. The biggest problem is Gypsy the cat and Max the puppy. At the moment, he is terrified of her. Just the way she likes it. As soon as she lets up on the hostilities, he starts treating her like a toy and she has to nail him and put him in his place. I hope they work this out soon. I hope that puppy gets a brain. I'd like that resolved before we move, because when we move, we have the two cats to deal with. We're optimistic that everything will work out. With 4,100 sq ft of space, they all should find space away from each other.

Rich and I are taking a drive to our new village and some of the towns near to it. We want to know where all the conveniences are.

Linda, Cathy signed the mortgage committment papers this past week. Now the bank has to send in their inspector and appraiser. That's the step that has us biting our nails. The FHA is VERY fussy. The closing date is set for March 15th. Once all the obstacles have cleared and the deal is as good as done, I want to get a key to the house and have the contractor put in the stair lifts - two to the upstairs and one to get into the house from the outside. Then, weather permitting, we'll have the contractor put in the fencing for the dog yard. And work on Cathy's suite. I'm going to take her to the place that has books and books of wallpaper to her to look through. First we have to take measurements of her rooms and draw a diagram of where the doors, windows, etc are. I'm buying her wallpaper and having it installed as a gift to her. Also trim out the room with victorian moldings, etc. Right now, its a waiting game to have the bank do its stuff.

Have a good day folks.

Norfolk Mermaid 02-03-2013 10:57 AM

I too am wishin for the coming year to be a healin one for Bob and Louise with much hope for the best possible outcomes for their treatments.
Begete, the longing for your Pandora is the saddest thin in the world right now. I hope you and John can get away together to someplace very far away and beautifully tropical.
Off to Anita's for a spell.
bbl

SuSUN 02-03-2013 03:03 PM

Just puttin my toe in the door.
I worked today, it was busy yet fun so not a bad day.
I am a tad tired though now.

Yes, Come On Glenda try to describe your sunny days down in Florida. I miss it already.

May Pandora rest in peace and hopefully you will heal Babette. I know it hurts like heck.

Holding Louise and Bob up in my prayers and sending positive thoughts your way.

Hope to BBT...

Loretta V 02-03-2013 06:03 PM

Loved that funny, Linda. Just too cute.

Shalbrihil 02-03-2013 06:04 PM

I loved it too Linda. My little fur kid tries to talk to me but just does the woo woo woo. :D

mykneesareback 02-03-2013 07:13 PM

Thanks, Linda, that doggie was funny, nice looking dog, too, lol !!!