LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SATURDAY Roll Call, Jan. 26

I'm starting really early, gonna go to bed and try to read something, and maybe actually finish a magazine for a change..........
Attached Images
File Type: gif !cid_001101c88ca7$8b7b9ba0$93cd5142@Maggie.gif (86.5 KB, 2 views)
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 05:15 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
"Morning all!
All those years and years wishing I could sleep late; now that I can, I don't. Bummer!
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:29 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
SNOW BEAUTIFUL SNOW!!!

I am guessing 3" at least and it is staying- very cold. lots of wrecks if you have to drive in it- Anita had to go and care for her DGD's dogs (big dogs) and saw many cars in ditches (Va. has to have lots and lots of ditches) and wrecks. Never did see the sleet but the roads must have been wet for the ice to be that bad right from the start of the snow.
Got to pour boilin water into the bird bath- they really love a tall one that is wrouht iron so I'll just do that one.
Dreamed this morning that "Dr. Atkins" took me out for dinner- I ask to for boulyabase (spell bad). Also petting sweet little poodles and trying to get a huge metal door open (unlocked) to go upstairs to my apartment???? LOVE our subs minds.
Ms. SuSun wants my heated seat so I'll bbl.

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 108 lbs. 5'
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May '11
Doris that old barn looks like it is in Iowa, that's the "Iowa look." Sure glad we're not up there today, they have an alert for a winter storm, ice this time instead of snow.

Mid 70s here today.

We just had a phone call from our Iowa group and they are getting together this afternoon for ribs. We had kind of thought we'd golf this afternoon but getting together with friends and ribs has won over golf. Maybe golf tomorrow.

I called Susan but she wasn't there so am waiting to hear back. Hopefully we'll be getting together next week.
Ginny
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Cats fed,horses(4) let out to pasture,all's well on the ranch.Why is it a ranch in TX. and a farm in Louisiana?lol
Same old ,Same old today,just like I like it.I just don't do drama well.
DH bought a watermelon yesterday for $8,it's terrible,normal people would bring it back but the birds will love it.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Good Saturday all,

Mary, your lemon tree sounds wonderful, too. I found a great way to cook chicken with lemons and so easy. Line the bottom of the crock pot with lemons cut in half or quarters. Layer the chicken breasts on top. Sprinkle with some Italian seasoning and garlic salt and wait for 6 or so hours. The lemon is just a whisper in the chicken. Makes great chicken salad.

Nothing going on. DD is taking a day trip to Atlanta and I don't have to go!!! yay! I'll go with some friends in a few weeks. Looking forward to it. Getting my strength back slowly.

Oh, I had a nurse friend send me a blurb from the CDC on the Norovirus. The hand sanitizer gels do nothing to the virus. Only soap and water. So wash your hands a lot my friends. That was a terrible thing I had. Julie, I hope you are back to normal today.

BBL
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning and thanx for starting us off, Doris.

Anne - that crockpot recipe sounds wonderful, but my DH does not like the flavor of lemon. The chicken salad sounds even better. DH does not care for the rosemary and garlic roasted potatoes I served my guests last weekend, but he really loved the potato salad I made out of the leftovers. I wonder if the chicken would work the same way. Sounds almost like a Moroccan Tagine.

My best to the rest.....have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/134.0/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hi Everybody,

I'm so glad to hear that Anne and Julie are feeling better. Also, glad to hear that Mary's eye appointment was so successful. Lainey, hope you're able to stay nice and warm, and enjoy the snow from your window sill.

As usual, today is full of errands. But, tonight should be fun with dinner and a movie with friends.

Enjoy your day as best you can,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #9

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/120/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Julie I always wanted to stay up late when I retired and watch old movies. No way has that happened. I go to bed early and get up early. I seem to like it this way.

Anne thank goodness you are getting better. Thanks for the advice on good old soap and water. We seem to take those sanitizers too much for granted.

Gladys sorry you paid so much for that watermelon. I try not to buy fruits when they are out of season.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
I guess it's taking me longer to recover than I think every morning. I wake up feeling pretty good......and then within an hour or so, start slipping down. Today, I didn't even get dressed, lay down for a nap, but had to get dressed to walk out to get the mail. Yeah! One ad and one bill. Hardly worth it.
Yesterday, I took it all out on the 'manager' of the 10 minute car oil change place very near to me. He tried to tell me I need a new cabin filter for $49.95. I took it outside the office and hit it against the outside wall so that all the little leaf pieces fell out and told him to put it back in. $49.95, are you kidding? The car has only 8,000 miles on it. Also told him to put the air filter back in after I did the same to that, never asked how much they would charge for that. The oil change was only $21.XX. OK, now I've vented.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Oh Anne your crockpot recipe sounds so good. I have some lemons here from Costco that need to be used. Now I have a way of trying your recipe. Amazing about virus' and how powerful they have become. Good ol' soap and water beating this one down makes me smile.

I went through my mother's recipe box (shoe box) last night and had some bittersweet moments. I sure would like to invert some of the old favorites but not sure how. She loved to cook and had so many saved little pamphlets from holiday's full of recipes that she had saved and would try. I even found an old Philly cream cheese wrapper in there with a recipe on it.

The sun's still shinning here and DS is coming over to have Dh check out something on his Jeep so better get myself moving for the day. Have a good one friends.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all. Sending hugs and good vibrations to all. This week we'll settle into the 60's during the day and 40's at night, my kinda winter...the next cold front is sitting off the coast and will be this way on Sunday. Sorry to hear of all the snow and ice back there...hate it when the ice is hidden under the snow. Reminds me of my winters in Colorado, Alaska, New York and Indiana...it's amazing how each climate has it's own distinctive characteristic. Thank goodness every place has its advocates.

Anne, thanks for the recipe...sounds great and I've been looking for a recipe for the slow cooker that uses lemons.

There was an interesting story on the news last night about the norovirus...not only does the hand sanitizers don't work against it but it also is passed by touching, not coughing and sneezing and will remain on a surface for up to two weeks, not just hours like the flu virus. That means if someone who is contagious touches the rail on an escalator, for example, the live virus will remain on it for up to two weeks and will be passed along to anyone who touches the rail....geesh! I'm glad I've been a hermit and wish I could stay that way for the next month or so. Oh! and also the only defense against the norvirus is good ol' bleach...so wash the hands frequently and bleach every surface you can.

My trog days are over, at least for today, N is coming over to clean and my roomer is returning after two weeks. They've both been fighting some kind of bug, so sure hope they're both not contagious...me and my tailwaggers don't need to spend more time in bed.

Good news, the scales are starting to dip and I've dipped into a new realm...knocking on the door of the 170's. Now, we'll see if it continues and I wind up with a loss at the end of the month after being stalled for three months...gotta another week to establish the new weight. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Still chatty cathy, I see. Guess that'll do it for now, the tailwaggers are asking for breakfast and the coffee's getting cold. Have a great day folks and enjoy whatever TPTB send your way.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
MARY? TPTB I know I'll go "Of Course" when you tell me.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Sorry, an old one from some obscure book of long, long ago...The Powers That Be...
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
I had a friend that emailed me that she would be OOT for a while...had no idea that meant Out Of Town...LoL...I feel so out of the loop. I didn't know TPTB either!!

Hope the day was a good one...mine was. Got my linens changed and the laundry done and watched WAYY too much tv!!

Anyone else catching DCI Banks on PBS? I like it. Have we already discussed this??

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just wanted to pop in to let you know I love your chicken breast in the crockpot. We had it tonight and I have enough for chicken salad tomorrow. It will sure be a regular addition at our house. Thank you so much!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #17

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Evening gang,

Thanks for the start off Doris. Love the picture of the barn on that stark central plains landscape.

That norovirus is a b*tch, to say the least. Keep those Clorox wipes in the car to wipe grocery cart handles, door handles and any other surface that you might encounter .

Add some oregano to that chicken with lemon to have a Greek style meal.

Stay well and safe everyone.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
Still cold here with a touch of snow. Supposed to be warm M-T-W, then cold again the end of the week.
The other bad thing about the Norovirus is you can be contagious after your symptoms are gone. That's very unusual for a virus, and means people will be going back to work and spreading the bug. When I had it a couple weeks ago I managed not to pass it on to my son by wiping down surfaces with Clorox wipes everytime I left my room. Door knobs, faucets, toilet handle, etc.
Julie-you're right about the filters. If you have a shop vac you can vacuum out the filters a couple of times before you have to replace them.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMontana View Post
Evening gang,

Thanks for the start off Doris. Love the picture of the barn on that stark central plains landscape.

That norovirus is a b*tch, to say the least. Keep those Clorox wipes in the car to wipe grocery cart handles, door handles and any other surface that you might encounter .

Add some oregano to that chicken with lemon to have a Greek style meal.

Stay well and safe everyone.
That's what I did was add oregano. It was fabulous and no work! That's a keeper. Thanks again Anne!