Old 01-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY Roll Call, Jan. 23

Starting us out earlier than normal, need to do something and might forget

See you in the morning, going to finally be warmer Wednesday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 226613_458195134242333_1393109112_n.jpg (18.2 KB, 1 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
LOL Doris, had a phone like that but it wasn't pink.

Going to be another real cold night and day tomorrow

See you in the AM.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Our nice weather is going to change tomorrow. They're talking rain. Enjoy your nice weather Doris.

It's bedtime for me too. Hopefully I'll make it back to see ya'll.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
We have friends coming for dinner Saturday who are all vegetarians. Main course will be eggplant Parmesan, but trying to decide on the rest of the dinner.....I was so tired today, I napped from 4 - 6.

Hope everyone who was ill have begun to recover.

Have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Just checking the board before bed myself...

Babette, I'd have a nice brushetta with sliced bread and a chilled antipasto...if tomorrow wasn't a down day, I'd be tempted for that myself...heck I might even fast all day and have that menu even on a DD.

Sharon, it looks like a one-two punch. We can expect rain for the next week...stay warm and dry.

and all you folks back east, hunker down. I hear you've got it bad for the next week, too.

See ya in the morn....

Last edited by Mssarge; 01-22-2013 at 11:12 PM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:30 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning,
It's 50* at 3:33.
Have a nice day all.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:41 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Good morning. It is a beautiful, sunny 7 degrees here. I think the doggies will need to wait for their morning walk until it hits double digits.

I am truly beginning to understand why people retire to Florida.

Have a good day all.

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
C'mon down, Louise!
If it's any consolation to you all, officially it's 32F here this a.m. But it does go up to 60's, 70's during the day.
Right now, the thermometer on my carport (in the shade) says 45F.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:53 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Good morning everyone.
Just checking in- very, very cold here as well. Boiling water poured into 2 bird baths and one birdie drank and drank. Still did not melt all the ice but at least they could get water.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BeachyWoman
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2003
Yes its a little chilly here in central FL. Julie is a little further north than I am but it was cold this morning. We will get into the high sixties today, and it feels great if you are out working which I really need to do. We have ideal weather in winter for the most part. I am very close to the gulf which moderates our temps somewhat. We are usually a few degrees warmer than further inland...Hope everyone is feeling great. I'm hoping my flu shot will keep me safe. Glenda
BeachyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Hello folks...

Nothing planned today...will take what life throws I suppose...

BBL
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #12

Yippee, it's 22 degrees here, and it doesn't burn on your skin to go outside to quickly do something. We have had one hummingbird return last week, and he is back today, the feeders seem to have some liquid at the bottom, even when frozen at the top, lol.

Glenda, if that Norovirus is spreading around you, the flu shot won't help, since that's only good against bacteria..............does anyone you know have Norovirus, it's come to California, too.......scares me, my dh could die from that kind of thing. Take care, as best you can.

Waving to all the rest of you, have to hurry and place butt back on bike seat and peddle away....good to see Louise posting again. Hang in there!

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Brrrr....and good morning to you. Its minus 10 F here. Today is the house inspection but I thought it was wise for me to stay home. I really wanted to go.

So, I will pace myself and clean the stove and some pots and pans. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to vent a tad.

Rich doesn't feel the outside of pots and pans need washing. So they go into the cupboards with food caked all over the sides and bottoms. I just can't stand it. His father was like that. He has also stopped washing his hands and I won't eat anything he has prepared. Now he just wipes his hands on my dish towels and then dries the dishes with them.

He now trudges through the mud outside and wears his boots inside, tracking mud all through the house. I've reached my limit. Hoarders are among the most disgusting, mentally ill people on earth. I watch those shows and fear that if I live long enough that is what my home will look like. Don't ever let me buy a gun. I'm tired of crying about all this because I'm too sick to take care of anything. End of vent.

The sun is shining and looks pretty when it hits the snow. New puppy Max got smacked around by Rich this morning. He had an accident and Rich is fed up with it. It might warm up to 8ş F today. I think its too cold for the puppy outside, but Rich believes he has to get use to it. I'm trying to convince Rich to put papers down by the back door when the outside temps go to single digits or lower. He's just a little puppy with puppy fuzz hair. And he's very skinny without any fat to keep him warm. I'm being told to "butt out". Rich can be the nicest guy at times and a perfect a** at other times. I guess I wasn't done venting.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Verleen, oy!!! I hope you will (Cathy will) set the house rules at the new house. Good luck on the inspection report today.
I'm going to venture out for the first time shortly. The sun is out and it's nice. Going to bring a couple of window screens in for re-screening. The hot sun has done a job on them being in the sun most all day.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all...cloudy and cooling here today as the first front moves in an makes itself at home over SoCal...we're expecting rain for the next week. I know if we get rain, the rest of you will be getting worse, so time to hunker down again. Stay warm as you all can.

Verleen, my heart and good wishes go out to you. Men complain about not understanding women but I think they're the most difficult...can't live without 'em (although I'm doing well without) and can't shoot 'em. Remember Gallagher with his bit about the wife before the judge for shooting her man saying, "....well, it was just one of those days....." and flipping his wiggy hair?

Today's finally the day, it's off to the eye doc and if he doesn't prescribe glasses, he's in danger of me at least throwing a fit in that tiny little room. I don't think I can take this blurry vision any longer. and if he starts talking of doing the other cataract, his ssss is grass...wish me luck folks. I'm even driving myself through the canyon, so that should be fun.

Oh, and then to cardio to turn the device in...hope it shows something good, like I'm just a hypochondriac. Guess the doc will see me sometime later.

Hope you all have a grand day, stay warm and find something interesting to do.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Guess Rich didn't show you his true self on that first date you were talking about before.It would be hard to have someone abuse an animal in front of me.Maybe your daughter can return the puppy before it's to late.
Beautiful day here again,shorts feel good.
Got the birds done,now the horse stalls.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Dear G*d, I am trying without success to keep my mouth shut! If only there was a MAN exactly as much BIGGER than he is (to that little dog) to smack him around for refusing to go out in the freezing cold with out boots, gloves, layers of sweaters, undershirts, sweat shirts AND a coat plus a hat!!!!! or better yet....NIKKED he is forced out by said 12 foot man to go to the potty. Hoarding is one thing but cruelty to a "BABY" animal (or any animal) is a horrid crime. Be very careful of yourself- fear this person!

Old 01-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 108 lbs. 5'
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May '11
Quiet day here, and chilly, it was in the 40s this morning, but tomorrow warming back up. Last time Susan was in FL we had a cold spell and now again, and nope haven't heard from her.

We plan to go see Lincoln tomorrow, hope we enjoy it. Taking a friend with us who recently lost her husband and then (because the movie starts at 3 and is 2 1/2 hrs) we'll be going out to eat. We seem to eat up at our Tavern so much it will be a nice treat to "eat out."

Mary, anxious to hear how you come out with the dr. visit. I think it would be exciting driving thru a canyon.

Louise,
you and Bob give FL some thought. They can always use bass players in Orlando/Miami, etc.
Gladys, ditto on seeing abuse of animals.
Ginny
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Rich please don't hurt a poor defenseless animal . Verleen be careful you may be next.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woo-hoo, yippee, yahoo!!!! Finally made it back home, with enough time to take the device back to the cardio before heading this way. All day in Loma Linda...at the VA hospital...I went way early in order to find a parking space. Have I mentioned their parking lot is the pits, too many people with too few spaces.

Anyhoo, I didn't have to pitch a fit; doc gave me the 'script for glasses, now I'll run out tomorrow to order a pair. Eye doc was encouraging, saying the eye is coming along nicely...the leaking blood vessel isn't any larger, the macular degeneration doesn't seem to be getting worse, but.... the cornea is not clearly as much as he'd like and he had another doc check the eye to see what he thought. Prognosis is to continue what we're doing as the body seems to be healing, just taking more time than I would like. So it's all good.

Another reason to add more flax to the diet....I asked if there was anything nutritionally I could do to help the healing process and doc #2 said along with other things, "sure, add flax seed." I said I do, but now I'll be sure to hit it harder.

So, that was my day sitting in the hospital...sure I hope I don't catch any bugs from it...hope your day was also beneficial..
Old 01-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

GREAT NEWS MARY!!!
How do you use flax seed. I have a bag of golden flax seed and have been told to whirr it in the blender and add to yogert???? does that sound right? any other ideas as I would like to put it in my eating every day. bet it is carby though... hmm maybe in my oatmeal on UP days but how much??? Thanks for any input you have.
Oh, make a statement with those glasses! We need color in our lives at this age!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #22

How long have you had that bag of flax seed, Lainey? It needs to be refrigerated, and if it's old, it get rancid. If you use the seeds, they just go right through you, lol. Next time, buy the flax meal, keep it in the refrigerator, and just measure out a tablespoon or two into any food item you want. I put mine in my veggie and egg whites mixture every morning, right in the pan once the veggies are browned. I also use it for breading fish or pork chops or chicken, flavor it and bake as usual. It is handy stuff, but not magical, really, either, latest studies show it not to be as great as once thought. It's easy to use though!!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Verleen....I think you have more than a few of us worried. I know Rich can be difficult, but when it crosses the line to abuse, you must put yourself, Cathy, and Max first. As someone else said, anyone who would abuse a puppy is dangerous.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #24

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Oh Verleen, we are all so very worried about you. Even though you are ill and depend on him an awful lot, you and Cathy really need to rethink him living with you. Is it possible to have him admit himself to a treatment center to get his medications adjusted?

Mary, that your eyes are healing well and you got that eye glasses script.

Doris, Norovirus has been around since the beginning of the human race.
Read about it here:.
Norovirus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Freezing cold here tonight but will warm up a little by the weekend.
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #25

I know, Linda, but it's only lately that lots of people we know have been running the laps.....................
Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wonderful news Mary! Things are looking a lot clearer real soon.