Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   THURSDAY Roll Call, Jan. 17 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/794649-thursday-roll-call-jan-17-a.html)

mykneesareback 01-16-2013 09:21 PM

THURSDAY Roll Call, Jan. 17

Actually had to look at the wall calendar to remember the date, for heaven's sakes.............. :dunno:

:console::console::hugs: to each of our friends under pressure currently.

birdlady 01-17-2013 03:01 AM

No rain yet,35*,we may get sun today.
BBL

Loretta V 01-17-2013 03:21 AM

Sorry to hear of the illnesses and flu. It is a bad time of the year.

My new friend thought he had the flu last weekend and ended up with a small bowel obstruction. He just got out of the hospital yesterday and the obstruction, probably a band of scar tissue, released itself. He seems to be on the mend.

Louise, hope our Dh will recover soon. Prayers are with him and you.

Glad you have that nice trip to look forward to Susan. Happy for you.

Not much else going on here except for some winter weather and some ice, sleet but it does not stay long or have any amount of accumulation.

:hugs: all around.

Norfolk Mermaid 01-17-2013 05:32 AM

Good morning all.

Snow and slush forcast for us tonight but looks like maybe sun for us tomorrow but a high of only 38 degrees. The next two months or I should say the rest of Jan. and the month of Feb. and Merry March can be so good with warmth and budding everywhere- Love Sept. the most but March is a close second.
Rainy yet again today. If the sun don't shine- then neither do I!
bbl

tatehouse 01-17-2013 06:20 AM

Morning! Well, I feel quite human today. Only just! I had to look up Novovirus to see if that is what I had. I had no vomiting just the other end. The doc said a bug must have found his way into the intestines in either lettuce or too much sugar (HUH??) over the holidays. I was too sick to ask too many questions. The fever is gone and hopefully I'm on the mend.

Keep the faith all ya'll...lots of stuff going on here. You are all in my thoughts during the day.

Anne

ocali 01-17-2013 06:57 AM

Good Morning...
Louise, you are doing good. I hope DH gets to go home and recovers quickly.
Anne, I'm now thinking I may have had a touch of what you had. You don't suppose we can transmit it on here, do you?
I went to the lunch at Italian restaurant yesterday. It's a locally owned place, not fancy, etc. but the food is always delicious. There were 13 of us, lots of laughs, etc. I took home enough for another meal. Plus bought a small container of their spaghetti sauce to take home.
Verleen, where are you? I hope you're feeling okay.
Loretta, I'm sure you and your friend are relieved that all is okay with him.
Gladys, I think that "your" rain is approaching here; supposed to rain this evening.
Hello to everyone else........

Liblady 01-17-2013 07:08 AM

Sounds like things are improving for those under stress, glad to hear the positive news.

Susan, yes do call me. I'm ready to meet again! Heck, maybe we can somehow work it so that Julie can come too and Glenda. Depends on where you are I guess.

Nice day here, but...................this will be it for a while. Strong winds are on their way along with lower temps. Guess it was bound to happen. Nothing about freezing temps so that's good.

We are doing a Poker Run today. (do you have those Julie?) Get in your golf cart, go to adresses's listed (5 of them) choose a playing card, write it down, go back to Clubhouse, hand in your paper, eat a small meal, (tonight is Kentucky Fried Chicken) and then after eating they announce the "poker" winners. It's a cute thing to see all of us (around 100 of us) riding around in our golf carts. I know absolutely nothing about poker, it's just fun.

I don't think this is a political deal so I'll post what I think...........have you all heard about the Notre Dame football player, last name TE'O that lied to high heaven about having a girlfriend dying of leukemia? Boy, did he have everyone fooled. Or maybe even he was fooled. Anyway, some person with some "smarts" decided to check on the death of the girl...........NO girl, No death. This guy really had everyone "going." What in the world is wrong with people. I found it interesting and very sad.

That's it from here.
Ginny

Norfolk Mermaid 01-17-2013 07:21 AM

Ginny, I told my friend Anita last night that the time was coming when decent people would not be able to go out their front doors even to shop for food. Very sad world out there and heading for worse by the minute.

mykneesareback 01-17-2013 07:24 AM

Ginny, supposedly someone "hoaxed" him by pretending to be a girlfriend, or something like that, according to dh, but this morning, some think maybe he was not the type to have a girlfriend anyway, or whatever. Now the so-called "news" has yet more fluff to yak about, and not tell us anything important, thinking we are all 11 years old :dunno:

Sounds like everyone has a "plan" of some sort, exciting or not, it's still something to do.

Gladys, hope you don't float away by now, good good grief!

We are off to the store 17 miles away, and I'm hoping the hardware store there can cut this handcuff off, finally.

Take care of yourselves, please. :heart:

LoveMontana 01-17-2013 07:50 AM

Good morning, just getting ready for our little weekend get away. No motor home this time, just a nice hotel.:clap:

Doris,
Quote:

Now the so-called "news" has yet more fluff to yak about, and not tell us anything important, thinking we are all 11 years old:dunno:
Boy you said a mouth full there girlfriend. Everything we see and or read has to be taken with a grain of salt.

BBL

SuSUN 01-17-2013 08:23 AM

Good Thursday All,

We have a clear blue sky with lots of sunshine but the temps are plunging again. WE had a slight dusting last night nothing like the huge dumping we had last week.

I need to get busy packing soon.

Ginny, yes I will give you a call when I get settled. DGF will pick me up on Sunday from Tampa airport and drive me to her rental place in Spring Hill.
Another GF lives in a condo at Gulfport so hopefully I can meet up with her too.
She is selling it right now as she has her home in Canada too. Sadley we are all Widows and all in the same boat. So I plan to make this a Fun trip for All.

Julie, you will have to figure out the distance and if you feel up to the drive.

Looking forward to meeting up again with you guys. I just didn't think it would be this soon after our meeting in November.

Waving to All and Hope to BBL...

Norfolk Mermaid 01-17-2013 09:04 AM

MARY, great news (maybe)

Yesterday I took thigh high nylon stockings and added "extra strength" Fresh Step Kitty Litter in them and tied them off- maybe about a cup in each. I put one in the little zipper pocket and the other one in the bottom of the bag- a few minutes ago I stuck my nose into the pocket book and NO MILDEW ODOR!!!
Gonna give it another night and try taking out the stockings and putting them into a ziplock baggie to keep them fresh and see if the smell comes back. I am pretty sure you were the one that suggested the kitty litter. THANK YOU!
bbl

Mssarge 01-17-2013 09:24 AM

Good morning all...just peeking in to see who's been here and who's missing. Temps climbing to the 70's today so I'm out 'n about...or "aboot" as some of my Great White North friends usta say.

Yeah, Lainey, 'twas me with the kitty litter in the parlor...if it can kill the odor in my shoes, it'll take care of almost any smells....the longer you leave it in the purse, the better it is.

Have a good day, folks, and I'm sending healing thoughts to all.

Begete 01-17-2013 09:34 AM

Good morning everyone,

Hope all our sick friends and sick spouses and special friends are soon recovered.

Loretta, a good friend of ours just got out of the hospital here with the same thing. It did not pass on its own and he was in intensive care for a couple of days. Your friend is lucky.

Weezie, your former BIL must know DH's book club friend Don Reay, who was the coroner for the Green River murders as well as Ted Bundy's victims, and many other famous cases up here. He retired here from Seattle. He is a close friend of author Ann Rule who wrote many true crime books about cases he was coroner on.

Last year, I had a long talk with Don at a New Years party about whether the male eye is constructed differently from the female eye, since IMHO, men are incapable of seeing anything but the most obvious dirt. All the wives at the party agreed with me, but Don insisted there was no structural difference.

Have a good day everyone.

BeachyWoman 01-17-2013 09:55 AM

Hi everyone...its getting colder here as I sit and type. Not welcome I might add. I am excited to meet up with SuSUN while she is here... just down the road so to speak. It would be nice if Ginny and Ocali could come down too. Not much going on here, other than a little rain, which we needed. I'm dog sitting this weekend for my fur nephew. Its a good get away for me and Sky..my dog. Hope all of you under the weather are back on top now. Happy Thursday...Glenda

birdlady 01-17-2013 10:15 AM

I see sun,yea.
BBL

ocali 01-17-2013 01:14 PM

It's turned very cloudy and windy here. No rain (yet). I think I jinxed it because I put the car out on the driveway to get it cleaned by the rain. lol

Glenda, it would be great to meet you but it's probably too far for a lunch date. Spring Hill is about 75 miles from here,and of course, you're even further. Thanks for thinking of me....I know you will love meeting Ginny and Susan!

SuSUN 01-17-2013 02:11 PM

Thank You Doris for our daily start off.

I am getting excited for this trip South again. I can't believe I am going back this soon. I must check into renting a place for longer next year. There seems to be several GFs that want to do the same thing so that might work out well.

Our meeting up again, there will be Ginny, Glenda, myself and maybe we can twist Julie's arm. LOL! I think Shelia used to live in Florida too not sure where she moved to.

I must start to get my head around some packing only 3 days and I will be on my way.

Gladys, That is great that you can see SUN. Hopefully the rains are over for now.
DD went to look at another pony for DGD to ride as she needs one that do jumps. Foxy has been good for short stirrups but she is progressing and needs a fancier pony. So Foxy will go back to his owner in Virginia as he was on lease for 5K a year. This next pony she will invest in buying.

Lainey, what a great tip from Mary about that Kitty Litter. It sounds like it would be much better than Arm and Hammer.

Louise, Glad to hear you are doing well throughout all this. I know you will be relieved to get DH back home again.

Anne, keep getting better as the days go by you will get stronger. TLC is in order for Grammy.

Wishing You ALL a pleasant evening and restorative sleep.
Hope to BBT...

modon69478 01-17-2013 05:29 PM

Susan, The folks at the day care took the picture of the pup in his coat. They thought he looked cute - I think they had him wrapped up a little too tight! Either way, he's a good boy to put up with all our nonsense.

Waving to all,

Keep getting healthier - no more flu bugs for us!

Michele

mykneesareback 01-17-2013 05:36 PM

Oh Michele, that is such a cute picture of your doggie. Don't you love those daycare places, we had never seen one before, but when we visited the kids in Plano, they took us to the place they like, and we were surprised to see such a nice place for doggies, lol, with tv, and special beds, and the people that work there were so nice. So different from leaving a dog at the vets for boarding.

You folks who get to live in Florida or go there, that is just terrific!!! Enjoy it all you can, so we can hear about it vicariously, at least. Susan, Sheila moved to Alabama.

It is still too danged cold here, hate to go out and do anything. I shoveled for awhile, but it wasn't even an hour, hands were frozen and didn't move right.

Wondering how Louise and Bob are doing today?

mykneesareback 01-17-2013 07:19 PM

I'm worried about Verleen, she was really down the last time she posted, and she hasn't been on here in a long time...................:dunno:

Verleen 01-17-2013 08:31 PM

Doris, Julie, Louise and others, I'm still here and feeling much better. Both the fever illness and mental funk have improved. Thank you ladies for thinking of me. Its been hectic here. My youngest, Anita, arrived by plane today with my perfect grandkids. I made spaghetti sauce and meatballs for them. Drew and Jamison both had 4 large helpings of spaghetti and meatballs. They claim they've never had such good spaghetti. Those little darlings! The puppy they brought, a Christmas gift for Rich, is adorable. Some day I'll take some pics of Gypsy, the cat, and Max, the puppy. Tonight Gypsy beat up poor, little Max. I had to discipline Gypsy. She needs to learn to cut a young, little puppy a break.

Tomorrow morning, I have an appt with my hairdresser. I have to look decent for the doll tea party on Saturday. Early in the afternoon, we are showing our new house to the Texas crew. Tomorrow night we are meeting a woman and buying her entire American Girl doll and collection of accessories and furniture for a good price. Then out to dinner at a good steak house for grandson Drew. Saturday is the doll tea party. Then Sunday, my daughters and grandkids are taking the Amtrak down to NYC for the day. Rich and I are staying home of course. I would not survive a trip to NYC. Nothing is planned so far for Monday.

Things seem to be moving forward on buying the house. We are hoping to buy the riding lawn mower from them. So everything is good here.

Louise, I'm glad that things seem to be better for Bob and you.

Anne and Julie, goodness, its good to hear you are recovering from that nasty flu.

Loretta, it excited my heart to hear of your new 'friend'. I'm sorry he caught that bug.

Gladys, I'm so relieved that you live on high ground.

Susan, :jumpjoy: on the news of your next trip to FL.

Michele, love the pic of your dog all dressed up.

Doris, that's a cute avatar. It looks like one of those pygmy hamsters, doesn't it?

I'd best take my meds and head for bed.

Verleen 01-18-2013 06:56 AM

:dunno: What happened to our Golden group? There's no Friday roll call. No one has replied to my post. Have you all vanished?

I've got to get going here for the hair appt. Have a good day.

Corvettebuff 02-07-2013 08:45 AM

Checking