Old 01-16-2013, 05:57 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good "Wednesday" to all,

Thanks Doris for our opening.

Linda- I love that AVATAR about the bread on Begets video of her island.
It is so small though and I wish you could post it in a posting a little larger. I tried zooming but it came out fuzzy. So funny, I was just trying to remember those codes a few weeks ago. I plan to copy and keep them this time.
Gladys, hoping for lots of sunny days to come for you. It is rainy here yet again but not actual down pours- mostly drizzle.
Kitties really dug into their shrimpies this morning but have stopped eating their poached chicken ??? Course they still have their Meow Mix that is their fav dry food.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

oops-

wanted to try that avatar in a post.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Going out for Italian lunch with friends. It's warm but overcast. Gladys, is that you sending us rain?
Susan, you sure have a lot of friends with available space for you to stay here in Florida. Is your girlfriend coming with you this trip, too? You will be close (I think) to Ginny this trip.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Good morning everyone.

Thanks for the start off, Doris. I almost started us off last night but thought I would wait to see if you or someone else did.

Hi Lainey, let's see if this is better.

Gladys, 29 and light snow here.

Hi Julie, nice that a lot of the snow birds are heading your way so you can meet.

Waiting for my cleaning gal to get here. BBL
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all, woke up this morn at zero-dark thirty...not the movie, just reverted back to my military time....took me an hour to go back to sleep but didn't get up as the bed was nice warm and cozy...but back to sleep for a few hours.

Nuttin' on tap for me today but I'll get in my walk and perhaps go to the senior enter to ride the bike. Pick up a bit around the house? pay some bills? oh well, I'll find something to do to stay out of trouble.

Just remember those bread tag colors are alphabetical in color - blue, green, red, yellow and white.

Hope you all have a great day today and find some good along the way.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #8

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Thanks, Linda, I had no idea what those things Were, lol, had to sit and study them. At first, I thought it was a Mickey Mouse ears thingy, lol. I've never even thought about when bread was baked, when I buy it, now will have to pay attention. I always yank off that tag and put on a twist tie. You guys are super alert on here!

It's still so danged cold, but hit 12 degrees and is still there this morning. dh had to chop up several buckets of ice that was stuck in the gutters on the ground that aim in the back yard area, took him some heavy duty movement.

Susan, I'm still glad that you will be heading for Florida again, and something new and pleasurable to do.

Texas son says they had some snow yesterday, lol. Michele, I don't know if Austin had any, but Plano and Frisco did. Our daughter in law had to fly to Philadelphia on Sunday, she has to work there until the 25th., so our son is taking care of grandson alone, and thankful that they have a wonderful daycare center, that provides early meals and such.

Have as good a day as you are able to, friends.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Hey folks...I've been so SICK! Sorry to whine when others have had some real challenges. I am sitting up today and that is all I can say!

Hope to catch up on everything and be back.

Susan. My daddy lived in Tampa the last of his life. He loved the area so much. We visited a lot. I like the Gulf beach better than the Atlantic beach. Just my opinion...nothing wrong with any beach!! Enjoy your trip.

Hugs to all who need them and those who don't. Want to hear the end of story when Louise went in loaded for bear.

BBL
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #10

Oh my, Anne, did you have that flu or Noro Virus ? Glad you are able to sit up and notice what is going on again
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 108 lbs. 5'
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May '11
Funny about the bread baking thingys...............I too always immediately take them off and put a twist tie on them, after getting home. We never eat a whole loaf so I always freeze half of a loaf. We don't buy much bread.

Susan, I think I'm fairly close to where you'll be. Clearwater/St. Pete are not that far from me.

Mary, the golfing "debut" went fine. The two of us ladies were both teachers, so we gave ourselves D's. We each still have a way to go. I was thankful we were about the same in our golfing ability. We did have fun. Afterwards we went to the Tavern and had a few, and then enjoyed liver and onions. You missed it this month, Doug.

One neat thing about the golfing yesterday was that we saw an alligator in 2 different ponds, plus an Osprey catch a fish and then saw a male and female Sand Hill Crane, doing their mating dance. I was about 5' away. Interesting, interesting.

Anne, I must have missed a post about you. So sorry to hear you have been sick. Glad you're up now anyway. You all are not having the best weather, are you?

Beautiful here, DH is golfing and I'm not doing much of anything.
Ginny
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BTW Ginny, how was the golf? Hope you had one good shot that made the day. You're making me want to hit the driving range....hmmm?

Hugs to all, particularly those recouping from this horrible bug that's going around. I'm trying to stay away from people to avoid it. Hated going to the drugstore yesterday; there were a gaggle of people picking up scripts and the pharmacy was short-staffed with people out with the flu. Hope this starts clearing up soon.

Crossword calls, BBL

posting at the same time, Ginny, "great minds, heh?" Glad you enjoyed the day...and the sights! That helps to make the day, too.

Last edited by Mssarge; 01-16-2013 at 10:15 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #13

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
We hardly every buy bread, except if we can find really low carb stuff.

I did notice that our stores don't use those tags much anymore, but have gone to color coded twist ties. I guess by law, they are required to let people know when the bread was baked.

Anne, good to see you back to the world of the living. There has been far too much illness this winter.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

omg- MARY, thanks for the clue about alphabetical order- wait???? is that starting with monday...??? Sorry teachers, math dummy here. I made a copy for the inside cabinate door anyway.
bbl
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Lainey, yep, starts with Monday...hoping your day is going well.

It's 70 degrees on my patio. I've got to get out into the sun before the winds start kicking up. Finished my breakfast, gotta shower, then I'm on my way...wonder what kinda trouble I'll find out there. Every day's an adventure, isn't?

Ta-ta for now....
Old 01-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #16

Mary, is your lemon tree ok, or does it seem like it will be? I'm wondering, dh wants to grow a lemon tree as soon as we move to warmer climates, he loves them. Is yours a Meyer?

Hoping Louise's Bob is doing ok and perhaps they are done with the surgery by now.............

hugs to those not "up to much" today.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
What happened to Wednesday ?
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
Just stopping in to say HI! I've had that nasty Norovirus since Monday evening. Much worse than the normal 24 hour stomach bug. Hope no one else catches it.
I'm going back to bed.
Crazy Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Sorry to hear Jan and Anne have that awful bug - I sure hope it passes soon.

Also, hope things went well for Louise's husband today -

Waving to all,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just giving a last-minute check...yes, Doris, it seems like my Meyer wasn't bitten by the frosts, probably just not cold enough for long enough to cause problems. I guess I'll really find out in the next day or so if the leaves start shriveling. So you're still thinking of moving off your mountain down to the valley somewhere? Don't know how you've taken the cold and altitude for this long. At least my brother lives at about the 4k foot level so doesn't get the extreme weather there. I do understand your love of the area, tho', it is truly magnificent.

Stayed out of trouble today, just got my hair cut and eyebrows waxed...and the mustache, too. Sigh! I remember watching, fascinated, my sister-in-laws hairs above her lip and was devastated when my hairdresser pointed mine out to me. So, will have it done as needed. I no longer have hair on my legs but the darn stuff has moved to the face....sigh, again.

Hope good things came your way today and those who are under the weather are feeling much better now.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
hi kids-

B had his biopsy at 4:30 after starting a fast at midnight and is now waiting to see if he is allowed food tonight. He has been given some water at least. We've been texting and he sounds fairly chipper. I've asked him to urge the doctors to release him home. Even if we need a visiting nurse, I think he will recover here better (food, mental health, etc.).

I am wiped out. Have had no interest in TV. Have read a bit, but not done much beyond a couple of errands and looking after the pets. Emotional strain maybe?

Doris, can you try reading while on the exercise bike? Just a thought. Or get some audio tapes. Elizabeth George is a fabulous mystery writer if you have not experienced her before.

Hope Verleen is okay. Hope Anne and all those suffering with flu, etc. are better.

By the way, Begette, my former brother-in-law was the one and only shrink (psychoanalyst) in Bellingham for years, having gotten his credentials in NYC. He moved out there because he was tired of dealing with bored housewives and actors trying to "find" themselves. He also helped catch the Green River killer through profiling he did and, as an amateur oceanographer, contributed new species to the Vancouver aquarium. Quite an interesting character. Have in laws family in Port Angeles also.

Night, night all. I'm beat.

All the best and thank you for your concerns about Bob,

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #22

Hi Louise, boy, it sure took a long time for them to get to poor Bob, but at least it's done now. Good thing he can text. What kinds of foods is he allowed to swallow? I can imagine just how beat you are, depressed, etc. and exhausted. Hope you can sleep tonight, or do you have to walk the dogs yet? No, I don't read while on the bike, I watch the clock and do certains times of really fast, and then slower, off and on, not just "riding" the same speed, etc., so not able to focus on reading anything for pleasure. Haven't been able to read or watch tv for pleasure in several years, really. How far is the hospital from where you live, and do you take a bus or drive?

We had a hummingbird come back today, so had to redo the frozen feeders, the birdie came time and time again to feed, but don't know why it's here now. It's happened before, though.

Good Night, ALL. Verleen, hope the house stuff is moving smoothly. Hope you are doing ok, too.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #23

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Just getting here, yes Babette what happened to Wednesday?

It kind of flew by for me. I did make it to Costco and spent $160 so DS will have lots of supplies while I am away. LOL!

Dear Louise, You poor thing waiting around all that time full of adrenalin, that sure will drain you. I hope you can relax with some distraction and have a restorative sleep.
Sending positive thoughts, prayers and Hugs.

Julie, No my GF is not coming with me on this trip as it is another GF that rented a house for two months and she doesn't know her. She is going to Barbados with family in March, so I don't think she wanted to go back to Florida right away.

Yes, Doris, it is a pick me up when I have something to look forward to.
Our temps up here are similar to yours Doris.

Michele, Love your new Avi. Is that a special cone or his coat around his neck?

Ginny, yes I did notice your neck of the woods on the map. I will give you a call when I get down there.

Anne, I sure hope you continue to recovery after that flu bug. It sure was a nasty one this year.

Waving to All and hope to BBT...