Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   A video of where I live (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/794565-video-where-i-live.html)

Begete 01-15-2013 07:22 PM

A video of where I live

LOL. The beginning of this video is in Coupeville in Ebey's historic Reserve, where I live. You practically pass my house on that road.

The female artist painting on the beach near my house is Pat Brookes, a water aerobics buddy, and the Rhodie garden shown, Meerkerk, is the garden I have mentioned here time and time again, where I volunteer every Sunday morning, March - June.

watch the video :

Whidbey and Camano Islands in the Pacific Northwest in the Puget Sound, a short drive north of Seattle - The Shortest Distance to Far Away (R) - Whidbey Island Scenic Isle Way

Today, DH and I went bird watching on the Skagit flats which is a main migratory stopover for snow geese and swans. I took lots of photos with my iPad, but haven't yet figured out how to reproduce them here. The baby swans are so very cute.

Next week - if either Thursday or Friday are clear, we are heading up to Boundry Bay to see the snowy owls.

MaryMary 01-15-2013 07:42 PM

Thank you for sharing this. So beautiful. At first, I was trying to figure out what part of the world it was in. Australia? Alaska? England? South AFrica? South America?

As I read and listened, I noticed it said it was about 25 miles north of Seattle, WA. I have some authors that I like to read that set their stories in that part of th US. Some of it reminded me of Cape Cod in Massachusetts.

Begete 01-15-2013 08:00 PM

Which authors, Mary? Quite a few of them live here on Whidbey! Elizabeth George?
Gloria Steinam comes almost every summer.

LoveMontana 01-15-2013 08:49 PM

Lovely area, Babette. Much nicer than Philadelphia.:up:

mykneesareback 01-15-2013 09:11 PM

Love the scenic views, and the Rhodie garden, especially, Begete. Sort of reminds me of Mendocino and Ft. Bragg.

Does Gloria Steinam still have long hair?

weezie 01-16-2013 02:51 AM

Just beautiful!

MaryMary 01-16-2013 04:04 AM

I am not good at names, I will look at my books and let you know. i do know it wasn't Gloria Steinam.

ocali 01-16-2013 07:21 AM

It's a beautiful place to live, Begete. Are there children living there? If so, do they have to commute to the mainland for school? What's the population?

Mssarge 01-16-2013 09:10 AM

Thanks, Babette. It's been my pleasure to visit your corner of the world many times. The first as a young teen when my parents vacationed from Oklahoma one year. Thanks for the memories....

Doug_H 01-16-2013 09:37 AM

Babette, that brings back lots of fond memories. We used to spend a lot of our boating days around that area.
I used to work with the Whidbey Island school district on quite a few occasions too.

Doug

Begete 01-16-2013 09:43 AM

Never met, Gloria Steinem, but I have met Elizabeth George :-)

mykneesareback 01-16-2013 09:59 AM

Now I have to google Elizabeth George, lol :)
Oh, she's an author, no wonder I've not heard of her, sorry. I won't have time to read again until after I've passed away.

taokeema 01-16-2013 10:07 AM

Begete, thanks so much for sharing that vid. i lived in Bellingham before moving to CA, and i miss Mt. Baker, the Cascades, the Sound, rhodies, lupine and especially the smell of salt water. we're moving north when we retire; Mount Vernon is on the list if we decide our blood hasn't thinned too much to handle the winter temps. it has been far too long since we have visited...

Shalbrihil 01-16-2013 11:56 AM

What a wonderful place to live Begete. I really enjoyed the video. :)

Begete 01-16-2013 12:13 PM

taokeeema - we were in Mt Vernon yesterday when we went birdwatching for the swan and snogoose migration!

Going to Bellingham next week to look for the snowy owls!

Liblady 01-17-2013 08:03 AM

Begete, finally found time to view the video. What a beautiful place, I especially liked seeing the "boat cat." I see where you have Herons and (what we call) Anhingas, the birds that dry their wings out, we have them here also.
Would love to go with you to see the Snowy Owls.
Thanks for the video.
Ginny