Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   TUESDAY Roll Call, Jan. 15 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/794471-tuesday-roll-call-jan-15-a.html)

mykneesareback 01-14-2013 09:11 PM

TUESDAY Roll Call, Jan. 15

1 Attachment(s)
OK gang, off to the races again...............

mykneesareback 01-14-2013 09:16 PM

Let's all send strong prayers and cyber hugs to Louise and Verleen, feeling the need for some relief from the stresses and strains :console: :hugs: :sad:

ocali 01-15-2013 06:00 AM

Doris, I agree!
Louise, give them h--l and keep after them. "Them" being the doctors. Some are so impressed with themselves that they forget how to communicate with the family. I remember a heart surgeon in a prestigious Boston hospital who was one of the top in the field but was so removed emotionally from the patient (my DH) and myself.
Verleen, I think removing Java (only on my laptop) also is keeping me from getting to some sites unfortunately. I hope you're feeling more 'up' today. You know you can let it all out to us and perhaps feel better.

mykneesareback 01-15-2013 06:16 AM

I didn't sleep well last night, thinking about all of this, plus, Begete's son, Gabe, also. Sigh.................Also worried about those of us who suffer in silence, and just presevere, day after day, not trying to be a downer, but ((hugs)).

We are off to the high school breakfast now, ice and snow, but it's 10 degrees so slightly warmer. Our driveway is worse than the road, lol.

Take care, everyone. :heart:

ocali 01-15-2013 06:40 AM

I agree with Susan about trying to do the right moves regarding financial 'stuff' alone. I decided to close out a Fidelity fund and transfer it to a more available account. I just spoke with them and now my hands are sweating with nerves. It is collecting so little interest that I might as well use it. I hope DH is looking down and saying that it was the right thing to do.

Norfolk Mermaid 01-15-2013 06:55 AM

Good Tuesday AM. Thanks Doris for start out.

Oh Boy, a lot for some of us to have to deal with going on.
Verleen and Louise, Begete and any of us in strife I am thinking of you and hoping for positive out comes for all.
Anne, so sorry you are so very sick. Around here all are very concerned with the flu going into pneumonia so be careful... course you got to see a Dr. and got meds so I am so wishing you are way better today.
Got to make a library run and want to finally get to Wallmarks with that 100.00 gift card but no hurry on that so maybe I'll put it off a bit.
Kitties are loving the really warm winter we are having and do not come in the house till early morning.... COLD is coming like tonight or tomorrow but the overcast/rainy for the last 2 days is getting on my mood!
bbl

LoveMontana 01-15-2013 07:30 AM

Thanks for the start off, Doris. It seems that it's either feast or famine with Roll Call these days.

So sorry that removing Java is causing problems for some of you. My computer works just fine, but then I do not play games.:dunno:

Good thoughts to those not doing well in body or mind.:console:

Liblady 01-15-2013 07:53 AM

Just finished a banana with Chocolate Peanut Butter 2 and whipped cream, talk about tasty. Do any of you use PB2? I love it. Very low fat/calories. The chocolate is the best.
It's powdered peanut butter. OK, so no it doesn't taste exactly like PB but like I say the chocolate is really tasty.

I went around and cleaned the house a bit as we're having one of my girlfriends over with her "friend" that she met online and we're going golfing. Yes, today is my debut to the golfing world. ;)I am looking forward to it, just hope I don't embarrass DH. Not that he would ever say anything but........................

Darn if our big old cat didn't get into some material DH had on the floor this morning and let's just say I had to throw it out. :eek:(The material, not the cat,) altho' I'm not happy with the cat. :mad:I hope this isn't a harbinger of things to come, don't think we can handle that. I think he was mad that he couldn't go outside. Trust me there's nothing wrong with him, he was just plain mad, and he's old.

Louise, thinking of you and Bob.
Verleen, thinking of you guys too.
Ginny

Liblady 01-15-2013 07:54 AM

Doris, meant to tell you I love the little mouse/hamster.
Ginny (again)

Begete 01-15-2013 08:35 AM

Good morning and thank you for the kind thoughts.

As someone said, Gabe is angry, and parents are the "safe targets" so I try to keep that in mind. The problem is that so many things he needs to do have a legal statute of limitations attached to them. Laurie's death was at least 80% medical error and he must get a lawyer soon if he wants to sue. So I try to put my hurt feelings aside, but it is hard.

Louise, you go girl. Some here may remember when my DH nearly died in a hospital when two drs gave nurses conflicting instructions and I had to march into the office of the hospital's CEO to get the two egomaniacs to talk to each other. Bob needs an advocate. You go advocate for him.

Verleen, I saw you were having a bad day, but no specifics. Hope today is better.

I am in car on way to ferry to mainland for Dr appointment. Isn't tech great?

Have a good one.

Mssarge 01-15-2013 08:44 AM

Good morning all...Doris, relief is on the way...I heard a high weather front is moving off the coast and should be hitting later this week, so we'll have some relief from the cold stuff..hope it's enough to melt the icicles from the window.

Recovering from the quick trip to Parker yesterday. It was so good to see the nephew and just relax and talk. I was able to give him the healthcare directive and power of attorney so feeling better about that, too. I tested my emergency device while waiting for him at the DMV so know it works away from home, so feeling good about that, too. I felt a bit apprehensive about him as he lives about 150 miles from me, so with all the mileage he put on about 700 miles yesterday. Tried to get him to spend the night but he grabbed a quick nap and was on his way. I'll check with him today to see how it was.

Louise, I hope you gave them no quarter today and they talked to you to explain what and how they are doing...it seems they think they're talking to children and think we don't know what's going on. My worst problem was not knowing what questions to ask and they're not going to suggest anything...what ever happened to the Marcus Welby's of this world?

Gotta lot of catching up to do, so will get with it...also that veggie soup I had last night at Ruby Tuesday's was so good, I'm trying to duplicate it today, so put some beans to soak last night and have them simmering on the stove...will let you know how it goes.

Hoping for haircut and brow waxing today so that's all for now. Hope you all have a great day and good things come your way....Ginny, enjoy the golf and if you take too many swings on one hole, just pick up and enjoy the day.

mykneesareback 01-15-2013 09:30 AM

Mary, I think the Marcus Welby's of this world are just like him, passed away.
It's always something with these medical outfits, I just spent 42 minutes waiting on the phone to refill dh's special anti rejection meds, that he has been on over 5 years and will need the rest of his life, and they give me the 3rd degree as to if I'm "authorized" to speak for him, and who and what and when, etc. This med has awful side affects, what idiot is going to want them just for "fun" ????? Hoping some warmer weather kicks in soon, eh Mary? Glad you got some important paper work taken care of.

Ginny, hope you had fun at the golf course, otherwise, it's just a "good walk spoiled", lol. Did you go out to eat afterwards?

Begete, hope your doctor appt. goes smoothly and no waiting. I imagine you go shopping afterwards, like we like to do.

Hoping Anne isn't too miserable, but it's the pits and so many have this crud going around.

Linda, you must be done with your daily walk by now, has the cold crept in already?

Howdy Lainey, have you written down on a list what things you would like at Wal Mart, to use your card on? :)

We will head to the bigger town on Thursday, where I will go to the hardware store to get a metal cutting "thing" to get this bracelet off, there are no jewelry stores up here.

Off to grab the bike while dh's butt isn't on it!!!

Take care, and Louise, hope you grabbed the doctor by his ear and yanked hard on it.

birdlady 01-15-2013 11:56 AM

Guess what it's doing here......RAINING and 39*
I sure don't want to go out and feed but they are hungry poor things.
It will not take long to spend a $100 at WalMart or any wheres even without a list.lol But I don't think you have to use it up all at once.I hate gift cards,I give cash to be use anywhere they wish.
Better get out and feed.
BBL

weezie 01-15-2013 02:57 PM

Hi all-

Thanks so very much for the support! I finally spoke with a couple of doctors today and am feeling much better.

Bob has an abscess in his throat that is not healing. They are planning to do a biopsy and culture tomorrow. This is very scary, but at least we got straight answers. Once they think he is ready they will send him home with a trach tube with a plug for 24 hours. If that does okay, they will then close the trach incision.

So please keep sending those healing thoughts. And thanks again for all your support.

-Louise

Mssarge 01-15-2013 05:21 PM

Will definitely keep the vibes coming...good to hear something even if it's not what we want to hear...:hugs:

Just saw an interesting PSA from the PGA (public service announcement from the Professional Golfing Ass'n) and I had to laugh...they're stating that if you walk 10-thousand steps a day, its the same as a pro-golfer playing 18 holes of golf. For most of us 2000 steps is equal to a mile, so they're saying 18-hole course is only five miles long....hmmm? Still it's a great goal and MaryMary you're my hero, :notwrthy: I'm still working on getting 5k in a few days a week.,,most of the time it's only four thousand steps a day.

Feeling good today, the winds are dying down, the temps will remain in the 30's tonight and we'll be seeing 70's this weekend...maybe our winter is over...for a while, please?:aprayer:

My attempt at duplicating last night's soup is not that great., sounds like another trip to Ruby Tuesday is in order.

Hope your day was greeeeeeeaaaaaaaaat! as Tony T used to say.:hyst:

SuSUN 01-15-2013 06:24 PM

Good Evening All,

I can see several are needing positive thoughts and prayers :aprayer::aprayer:with a few Hugs:hugs::hugs: for good measure.:heart::heart:

I am leaving on Sunday for Tampa, my flight is booked and I will be down for 2 weeks again. I am staying with another GF that has rented a house for two months in Hudson/Springhill. She called last night and said she would love some company.
I have another GF that has a condo in Gulfport near St. Petes, she has it up for sale right now so I will visit with her too maybe for lunch while I am down there.
Ginny and Julie you may know these areas. DD wants me to check Gulfport and Treasure Island for March break as she may come down with Ella and of course I will come with her. So lots of flying back and forth huh?
I think the only one of our gang that lives in that vicinity is Glenda. Maybe we can meet for a coffee or lunch. I am not sure how to contact her.

Talk to you all tomorrow hopefully.:hugs::hugs::heart::heart:

modon69478 01-15-2013 06:34 PM

So proud of you, Susan

mykneesareback 01-15-2013 06:57 PM

Louise, I'm sorry Bob has to have another surgery, but at least you know when and why now, so they can figure out what is next, too. Sending you hugs and prayers going out to Bob and the surgeons tomorrow.

Susan, how neat, to have a chance for another trip down to lovely Florida, fresh fruit, friendly folks, and that is wonderful, I'm happy for you!

Mary, how are you getting along today? Don't stress yourself out about those danged 10,000 steps, for heaven's sakes, they arn't a cure or magic. Just keep doing what you feel up to. :console: :shake:

Gladys, I sure hope your constant rain stops and stays away for awhile.

Waving at you, Michele!

Off to do a quick chore or two in the kitchen.

Mssarge 01-15-2013 08:08 PM

Believe me, Doris, I'm not stressing out about the number of steps, miles I walk daily....I'm just glad to be able to do what I do. I'm a strong believer in "one step at a time." Thanks for the hugs, tho', sending 'em backatcha.:hugs:

BeachyWoman 01-16-2013 07:35 AM

Checking in here to check up on everyone. ((((Hugs)))) for Louise, Verleen and Begete. Things seem so overwhelming sometimes its hard to see the forest for the trees. I think Drs sometime need to be brought back to reality. I guess if we had to deal with what they deal with day after day we would understand a little better. I actually told that to one of DH's doctors and it at least made a difference in the way we communicated. Hoping I can get to meet Susan while she is here in this area. We have had beautiful weather but looks as if its going to change by the weekend. Take it one day at time friends. Glenda

birdlady 01-16-2013 11:12 AM

The rain stopped for a while but still very cloudy and wet.Makes my bones hurt.lol
BBL