LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
MONDAY Roll Call, Jan. 14

Starting us off, another week, another beginning............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 82d8ab692aca4156ba5c0a4afbbc15aa_3.jpg (14.1 KB, 72 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Good looking stick blender. I use mine all the time making mayonnaise. It makes things so fast and easy. Do you have one?

Looks like we have a duel start up again. Wonder which one will stay. See everyone in the morning. night
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sarahatl
WOE: No Flour No Sugar
Start Date: May 2013
Hi all! I am new to this site and so happy I found it! I am truly a carb addict! I have reactive hypoglycemia so carbs/sugar do not go well with me. I hope to get support from you all. I have a problem with binge eating. I will do good for few days and then just fall off the wagon and eat everything in sight. I need to learn all terminology for the boards. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am 55 and have eaten cabs all my life. Just in the past two years I realized this is what makes me tired and depressed but I cannot seem to stay on the wagon. I want to start day one with you all! Sarah
sarahatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sarah. So glad you found us. Our gals did a double Roll Call today so please check in at the other one as well. Sometimes that happens.

We are all eating differently here but the support is awesome. I have type II diabetes that is in remission now that my diet has changed. I use to be a binge eater but mine struck me at night. I lost my weight with the South Beach Diet (low carb) and still had that monster hanging over me when I couldn't sleep. I use to head right for the kitchen and anything was game. After regaining 50 odd pounds I started to re-evaluate what was causing my problem. I gave up all bread and starchy veggies. Then added a little more fat and NO MORE CRAVINGS! So now I have no problem with food and my blood glucose is in the 80's. So you see? You can do this and get results which will energize you into thinking of other things to fill your time that are productive and motivating. I still have a sleep problem but food just isn't an issue anymore.

Hang out with us. I know you will love it here.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 01-14-2013 at 09:08 AM..
Old 01-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #5

I have the immersion blender thing, but have only used it once, several years ago, for dh's protein drink mixture, never used it again. For some reason, I don't blend things, lol, I either stir or whip by hand, or use an electric hand mixer, just a habit.

lol, I started this at 8:46 last night, hoping it was early enough to avoid two Roll Calls, oh my, lol.

It was 6 degrees this morning, supposed to slowly warm up.

Yes, I still have that stupid bracelet on, tomorrow we go into town, will see what they can do there, not a jewelry store anywhere here.

Later............

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL!!! You can be Lucy and I'll be Ethel! My stick blender was catching a lot of dust until I found out it was so easy to make mayo with it. I just put 2 eggs raw into a qt. jar with 2 TBS vinegar or lemon juice, 1 TBS of Djion mustard, and pinch of salt and pepper. Add 2 cups of light oil and whip it right in the jar. It's no mess which is what I like and hubby likes it better than the store bought. You need to try it once.

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 01-14-2013 at 09:19 AM..
Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Diane
hi all happy Monday welcome new members this is day 14 feeling great down 12lbs trying to stay out of kitchen lol not an easy task as kids eat all the time hope everyone has a great day

Diane

Last edited by Diane; 01-14-2013 at 09:57 AM..
Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #8

Sharon, I've seen various chefs on tv make mayo, looks good, but we don't use mayo often enough. I like to mix tuna with hummus, should probably try to make my own hummus, but dh doesn't eat that, either, can't stand the smell of it. Do you make hummus, too?

Howdy Diane, I remember doing "Deal A Meal" way back when I had kids at home, and it was doable, just prepare your meal after you feed off everyone else, it's a mind game more than anything else. You CAN do it, just remember it's forever. That's the trick of the whole thing, and why we have been here for years. How is your weather?

We have no melting of anything here, yet, sun is out though. Icicles on the windows, dang it.

Gotta go get dh's lunch going, and finish up bike time. Take care, and be safe on the roads, black ice seems to be around in many areas, except the south.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Diane
O cold there we are having cal weather here and they are having east coast weather there you can keet it lol

Diane
Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 108 lbs. 5'
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May '11
Darn Doris...................get that bracelet off. Isn't it driving you crazy. It is me, and you're thousands of miles away.

I posted on the other board. Maybe we should assign days/weeks.
Ginny
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #11

I'd do the Roll Call, but I can't post pretty pictures, lol. And I would always do it the night before, the gal who we had here doing it for years, used to do it at 9 pm, west coast time.

Isn't it ridiculous, I asked the chimney sweep if he had metal cutters, he did, brought them in, but the head was way too big, couldn't get in to cut, so THEN, dh rushes out to the shed to get the tree LOPPERS, thank goodness, they were too big, lol. And, we never could take time to stop at a Home Depot in Reno and just go look at their metal cutters and "do it" there.......

Yes Diane, the weather is nuts everywhere, even in Europe it's not "normal".

Back to washing dishes..............no laundry today.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Oh, the bracelet, Doris. I had to read your note a few times to realize what you were talking about.....:-)
I wear an anklet which I haven't even tried to take off for 20 years..or more.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
I took Java off my computer and found that what I use the computer for the most 90+% of the time doesn't work without it.

For someone like me, what the he** good is it to get rid of something to safeguard my fairly useless financial information if I can't use my computer?

Might as well go dig out a hammer and smash it to pieces.

There is a list of bad things going on here today, plus I'm sick with that dratted fever and pain. Why am I still here?
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
My fingers got really swollen once and my wedding ring wouldn't come off...I went to a jewelry store and they used a tiny little saw to cut it off...have you tried that Doris?
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Verleen, don't be sad! I know...easy for someone else to say
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doris I tried making hummus once this summer with zucchini. It was ok but I prefer the store bought much better. Trader Joe's and Costco have really good quality hummus. That's where I go when I need to dip my veggies our stuff my celery.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Okay folks, now I am pissed off. I have not heard word one from Bob's doctors. They have once again threatened him with surgery on Wednesday.

Tomorrow I will get there early and request a meeting with the medical team. Hello, the man cannot speak at the moment. Can someone speak to his wife, who is also medical proxy, thank you very much.

I am so %^&*ing pissed off, I cannot tell you. Communications is my specialty and I find this appalling. The care may be great, but what the H are they doing scaring him half to death with threats of more surgery with no explanation???

Aw crap, we thought this was getting resolved.

Please continue those healing thoughts.

I'm a wee tad stressed, but as I told him, I will be point guard and will also smear that black stuff under my eyes to get in there and fight for him. Yeah, i know, mixed sports stuff, but hey, this is my best bud I am fighting for.

Please keep on sending healing thoughts.

Thank you and love be with you all,

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #18

Oh Louise, I am so sorry to read this, reminds me too much of when my dh had his liver transplant, and you are right to go in tomorrow and let everyone know about the displeasure at the lack of information to you. When we kept having these crisises, I literally had to run after the head surgeon, and grab his sleeve to stop him, while he walked in the street, in order to make this point clear! Is there an Onbudsman at that hospital, that you can file a complaint with, most every hospital has this kind of person or office. At least figure out where you can go right away if you don't get clear answers.
Prayers and hugs being sent to you and Bob,
Old 01-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Also sending prayers and moral support here as well. I don't like when doctors make those power plays like that. That's ridiculous! Stay strong and get to the bottom of this so they don't do it again!