Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Menus Jan 13 ~ Jan 19 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/794298-menus-jan-13-jan-19-a.html)

Loretta V 01-12-2013 11:29 AM

Menus Jan 13 ~ Jan 19

Aging: Eventually you will reach a point
when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

Getting this up early because I might be out late going to a Roast Beef supper.

:sick: we have flash flood warnings out for this evening.

LoveMontana 01-12-2013 12:14 PM

Hi Loretta, thanks for the start off.
I read on Roll Call that you have been busy with a new sweetheart.:love: How wonderful for you. Enjoy!!

Be careful of those roads.:sad:

Sunday Menu:

Anticipate going out for brunch with the gang and am looking forward to Eggplant parm at our favorite Italian Restaurant, The Little Venice.

mykneesareback 01-12-2013 12:39 PM

Linda, my dh was just talking about eggplant parm in the past hour, wishing I'd make some, so, can he come along to dinner??? ;);) :hyst:

LoveMontana 01-12-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykneesareback (Post 16190909)
Linda, my dh was just talking about eggplant parm in the past hour, wishing I'd make some, so, can he come along to dinner??? ;);) :hyst:

Sure, we will pick him up at 1:30;) Oh and you can come too. There is plenty to choose from.

BTW, if you go to the Little Venice's web site, they do ship all over the US.:cool:

mykneesareback 01-12-2013 02:08 PM

That would be worth considerating, I've only made eggplant parm twice in our whole married life, and it took too long.................lol.

See yah later, on here or "elsewhere". :) dh is getting the grill ready for the tri tip.

LoveMontana 01-12-2013 03:26 PM

Gee Doris, it shouldn't take very long to throw it together.

Just slice the eggplant and either broil or fry it till brown ( you can bread it, but I don't bother)...layer in a pan with Mozzarella cheese and your favorite sauce, and bake for about 20 minutes.

You can cheat and buy the prepared egg plant "cutlets" in the frozen food section of most grocery stores.;)

mykneesareback 01-12-2013 05:05 PM

lol, back when I did it, I went through that whole "salting" thing with the eggplant pieces, that's what took so long :dunno:

MaryMary 01-12-2013 06:58 PM

Hi everyone...

MaryMary 01-13-2013 06:41 AM

Sunday

Breakfast
1 cup soymilk, 1 oz TVP, 1 oz protein powder, 1 cup cranberry, strawberres, pineapple, orange medley

Lunch

1 cup Greek Yogurt, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 8 oz salad, 1 tbsp dressing, 1 tbsp faxseed meal

Supper

4 oz tilapia, 8 oz kale, portobella, onion stirfry, 16 oz salad, 3 tbsp dressing, 1 tbsp tahini sauce

modon69478 01-13-2013 08:40 AM

Sunday:

B/L: 2 fried eggs, 2 bacon, coffee
Snack: lite laughing cow cheese, 1 sl LC bread
D: slow cooker chicken thighs w/olives & LC tomato sauce, diet tonic
Snack: SF jello w/squirt wh crm

mykneesareback 01-13-2013 11:58 AM

Sunday's foods

B: zucchini, mushrooms, cauliflower, sunflower seeds, browned. 1/2 cup egg whites. Flaxmeal, garlic. chipotle. Grated parmasan
lots of black coffee sips

L: asparagus warmed up, Sara Lee bread sandwich, sardines and hummus. 1 boiled egg. black coffee

Snack: s/f suisse mocha hot drink and black coffee

D: Huevos Rancheros and spinach salad with f/f poppyseed dressing, reduced fat Feta crumbles. black coffee

Evening snack: grapefruit segments and light laughing cow cheese
coffee as needed

Loretta V 01-13-2013 04:48 PM

Sunday: 1/2 decaf black coffee
Brunch: scrambled eggs, biscuit and gravy hash browns
1:00; roast beef w potatoes, green beans, slaw
6:00: butternut squash soup, banana w pb & beans
Snack: rice krispie snack, CF diet soda

Mssarge 01-13-2013 10:21 PM

Sunday's foods UD

OMG what a day...it seems like I've spent the whole day eating and it's become and UUAD fer shure...and tomorrow nephew is taking me for a quick run to Arizona and maybe hit Laughlin. He has to get his car registered...so I get a free ride out of it. T'will be good as I can get the healthcare directive taken care of as well.

B. about noon, bacon, eggs, WW toast with grape juice and a lot of coffee with milk

s. raw turnip, tea

S. lo steak, half baked potato with brocolli, cheesecake, pinot grigio and more tea

s. Sweet Freedom ice cream bar,

2200 kcals and the beat goes on...

taokeema 01-14-2013 06:02 AM

Sunday

brunch: beefy borscht with sour cream
SF 100% cranberry juice (medicinal :( )
snack: chicken liver spread on rustic melba
dinner: kale salad with apple, avocado, pepitas and tahini dressing
grilled tritip
irish style cheese (Ipanema by Beehive Cheese)
Pinot Grigio
dessert: spicy roasted plums and goat cheese on rustic melba

80 g net carbs

modon69478 01-14-2013 07:27 AM

Tao, It looks like you're an accomplished cook - Am looking forward to seeing your menus and grabbing a recipe from you once in a while. Welcome!

Monday:

B: 1 HB egg, 1 slice LC bread, coffee x 2
L: deli meat smoked turkey and 2% sharp cheddar slices roll ups, diet citrus green tea
Snack: lite laughing cow cheese, 1 slice LC bread, almonds
D: L/O black soy bean chili, diet tonic
Snack: SF jello w/squirt, 1 small LC pumpkin muffin

~ 20 carbs

Michele

Loretta V 01-14-2013 07:35 AM

Welcome taokeema. WHat an interesting menu you have.

Monday: 1/2 decaf black coffee
Brunch: hb egg, lc cranberry nut bar
12:30: out to lunch for open face fish sandwich
orange
6:00: piece of ham, salad, wine
Snack: few pecans, CF diet soda

LoveMontana 01-14-2013 09:01 AM

Monday menu:

Brunch: fried cabbage and onions, plain Greek yogurt, coffee

Dinner:
Chili dogs on lavash wraps, salad and coffee.

Chardonnay tonight.

mykneesareback 01-14-2013 10:23 AM

Welcome taoko, I remember eating things like that around 8 yrs ago, loved the rustic melba.

I've been having trouble finding almond flour lately, the stores are usually out of it, and we don't go often enough to check often. Costco doesn't carry it, only has the flaxmeal, so far, anyway.

Monday's fine foods

B: zucchini, mushrooms, cauliflower, sunflower seeds, browned. Some broth in there. 1/2 cup egg whites. Flaxmeal, garlic. chipotle. Grated parm. black coffee sips

L: Sara Lee bread sandwich, hummus and tuna, have lots of tuna to use up.
2 boiled eggs. spinach salad, small.
black coffee

D: Boca burger patty and fried egg on top. steamed brussel sprouts and sprinkles of sharp cheddar Molly McButter brand.
black coffee

Evening snack: Skinny Cow frozen bar and grapefruit segments, need to get more, also.

Mssarge 01-14-2013 10:58 PM

Monday's Eats UD

Yep, two UD's in a row...there's always tomorrow...just posting my menu and catching up on the roll call posts...too tired to post there, I'll catch all y'all manana...on the road all day and eating in restaurants.

B. coffee/hood's, JD light sausage sandwich

L. In N' Out double/double lettuce wrap, diet soda

S. Bowl veggie soup with three chicken strips, decaf

1400 kcals...sigh! really good veggie soup at Ruby Tuesday's, have to remember for the future...just too many potato chunks, but didn't eat them...lots of different types of veggies and beans and lentils...very tasty!!

MaryMary 01-15-2013 03:35 AM

Monday

Breakfast
1 cup soymilk, 1 oz TVP, 1 oz protein powder, 1 cup cranberry, strawberres, pineapple, orange medley

Lunch

1 cup Greek Yogurt, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 8 oz salad, 1 tbsp dressing, 1 tbsp faxseed meal

Supper

4 oz haddock, 8 oz roasted peppers and eggplant w/ spaghetti sauce, 16 oz salad, 3 tbsp dressing, 1 tbsp tahini sauce

MaryMary 01-15-2013 03:36 AM

Tuesday

Breakfast

Lunch

Supper

4 oz baked haddock, 8 oz roasted broccoli, cauliflower, carrot mix, 16 oz salad, 3 tbsp dressing, 1 tbsp tahini sauce

mykneesareback 01-15-2013 09:19 AM

Tuesday's foods

B: at the school, one biscuit and gravy and lots of black coffee and yakking till the bell rang.

L: Sara Lee bread sandwich of ham and light laughing cow cheese. 2 boiled eggs. black coffee don't feel like any veggies

D: leftover meatloaf and brussel sprouts steamed and some onions in there.

Evening snack: some edame and pumpkin seeds mixture stuff, and light laughing cow cheese black coffee

taokeema 01-15-2013 09:51 AM

thanks, Loretta. :) Michelle, i love to cook and swap recipes! :heart:

Monday
i went over my calorie goal, but i had plenty of slack from being under the four days before. didn't keep my carbs where i like them (under 100 net), darn melba toast. i don't bank carbs like i do calories, my brain functions better when i keep them lower and fat high. i found a recipe for LC turnip pancakes i'm going to try with the chicken liver spread.

Bfast: chicken liver spread on rustic melba, ruby red grapefruit, black tea
Lunch: beefy borscht with sour cream
Snack: cheese, almonds, dried apricot halves
Dinner: roasted chicken hind-quarter, okra with schmalz and cajun spice
Dessert: Greek yogurt and SF berry sauce
Snack: grilled pork loin

116 g net carb

modon69478 01-15-2013 01:40 PM

Tuesday:

B: individual container plain Greek yogurt, coffee x 2 - 7 carbs
L: L/O goulash, broccoli, SF iced tea - 9 carbs
Snack: almonds, lite laughing cow cheese - 2 carbs
D: L/O short ribs, spinach, diet tonic - 8 carbs
Snack: SF jello w/ squirt, 1 small pumpkin LC muffin- 5 carb

~31 carbs

Loretta V 01-15-2013 01:42 PM

Tuesday: 1/2 decaf black coffee
Brunch: BD cake
hb egg
banana w beans & pb
salad, wine
Snack: peanuts, CF diet soda

Mssarge 01-15-2013 05:29 PM

Tuesday's foods DD

Feeling good but went down to get my script and wound up spending a mini-fortune on "stuff" but I got a few weight scale! Which of course I don't need, but it does register in tenths of a pound...sigh! now I have to adjust to a new one if I decide to use it.

B. noon, ww grilled nf cheese & Canadian bacon san with crystal light for the pills...coffee with hood's before and after

S. Bowl of soup with 2 oz rst pork & a cup of spinach, more coffee/hood's

550 kcals

Loretta V 01-15-2013 05:58 PM

Doris I make my own almond flour by grinding almonds. I buy a 3 pound bag from Sam's club of natural almonds and grind them in my food processor and if neccessary run them through a coffee grinder to get them finer. That bag last me a long time.

MaryMary 01-15-2013 07:20 PM

Wednesday

Breakfast

Lunch

Supper

4 oz baked haddock, 8 oz kale, mushrooms, onion mix, 16 oz salad, 3 tbsp dressing, 1 tbsp tahini sauce

LoveMontana 01-15-2013 07:59 PM

Loretta, I do the same thing with the whole almonds from Sams, and it freezes well too. ;)

Tuesday:

Brunch was a container of plain Greek yogurt, cold chicken thigh, V-8 and coffee.

Dinner: Greek style broiled lamb chops, salad . Coffee

Chardonnay

taokeema 01-15-2013 10:57 PM

Tuesday:
Bfast: black tea and HWC ~3 g
lunch: SF cranberry juice (medicinal) 40 g
dinner: grilled pork loin; acorn squash with butter; roasted applesauce; romaine, green bell pepper and scallion salad with shitake/sesame dressing; chardonnay 43 g

86 g net carbs

can't wait until i can ditch the cran juice. :(