Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Golden Years
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
FRIDAY, January 11 ROLL CALL

Hope I haven't missed seeing another opening for today.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Yay! Both Ginny and Julie started us off both at 10:05. What happened to our early starters? Is everyone feeling okay or just busy?

Its a gloomy winter's day here. We've been getting rain and its melting the snow we had accumulated. My grandkids wanted to have snow to play in so bad. I guess we can always head north to the higher elevations.

I'm going to having stuffing for breakfast. We have nothing on our agenda. Maybe I'll sort out something for the move. The thought of doing the office tires me out the most without even doing anything. What your least favorite room to tear apart?

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
I did not see the other opening....

anyhew, thanks to both of you. I just post to the first one I hit when I scroll down.
Dreary day so I'll be grumpy the live long day I suppose. Welp, I'll keep busy, busy.
Verleen, I am working on my bedroom mostly these past weeks but not near as long a periods at a time as I should. Blame the library books I guess.
Got to have "clouds" in both eyes from my catarac surg. operated on but she said no "biggy" at all. My problem is it is on the other side of Norfolk and I avoid driving that far (Jeep is too tempermental to trust). So I will risk getting on her bad side by going to some one closer (the equipment she uses is only in her Norfolk Office- had I known that I would have gone elsewhere to begin with. Every *(&^%* day it is some *&^%$## thing else!!!!!
Beget, I wanted to forward that "Cat & Dog" thingy to my Ila and could not find a way to do it- usually there is a share click but I did not find one. ????
Need something else to eat- chicken liver pate (fresh home made) was so good but I am still kinda hungry. Maybe some brocoli and x-sharpe ched would hit the spot.
Have a great day yall.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Signing in to say "hi" on both rollcalls.

Lainey, when you go to any Utube thing, the URL for it will appear in the place that tells you where you are at the top of your screen while it's playing so copy and paste that.

We have 4 solid days with nothing planned except a party at someone's house tomorrow night - feels like nirvanna.

Have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning from chilly SoCal...but sunny. I hear it's in the 60's at Cabo San Lucas in Mexico so the chill seems to be heading that way...

Curling up with the books again today and just planning on the walk...hope any who are traveling have fair weather and dry highways. Have a good day all...
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 108 lbs. 5'
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May '11
Wish someone knew how to delete a thread so we wouldn't have competing threads .........oh well, not the end of the world.

We set another temperature record yesterday, that's 3 days in a row, going for the 4th day today.

DH got invited to play golf out of the Park today so he was a happy camper. I just got back from having lunch with 4 other ladies at a "tea room." It was fun to get together but I didn't particularly care for my choice............chicken salad and a side of potato salad. The potato salad was brown in color, it had bacon in it. Chicken salad had waaaayyy too many slivered almonds for my taste.
Actually none of us thought the food was that good. So we won't be going back, but a good time is what we were after and we definitely had that.

Doris, thought you'd like to know that I bought some fresh peaches yesterday at the Publix grocery store. They have them every year at this time. No idea where they come from but they are delicious.

Verleen, is it an actual "go" on the house? Or are the owners still being "greedy?" I might have missed that post.
Ginny
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ginny, we still haven't received the contract.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Well darn..................after seeing the house I'm as anxious as you guys are, or so it seems. Sending good thoughts.
Ginny
Old 01-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Sorry, I was gone overnight to Reno, and didn't take my laptop because of being "busy" with dh, lol.

I usually look at the times, and post on the earliest, but it doesn't really matter, I'm thinking of Susan and her dear hubby's birthday is today, sending hugs and that's all I can do.............

Lainey, I can understand your quandry with those doctor's and trying to make things easier to have to travel to, goodness, I've looked at a map of your area and I would have a fit traveling across town!!

Ginny, glad you got those peaches, as we drove down past the agriculture area towards Sacramento, the strawberry farms were busy uncovering and doing stuff to the plants, can't wait for the strawberries to be ready to go, around Mother's Day down there. Rice paddies were also busy with people doing whatever they have to do to rice paddies, lol.

Finally seems we will get dh's doctor stuff moved closer, final phone calls should be made this Monday with the doctor, and he will get his special shots in the cancer center that does infusions, and get his blood tests done in their lab, our lab up here simply can't handle these special tests.

Verleen, sure wish things would settle down for you, so you can plan in your head what is going to happen.

Julie, are you still having the warm temps or will that change again?

Mary, when is your niece that helps you going to come again?

Hi Sharon, and Begete, Michele, Linda, Loretta, and Susan. If I left anyone else out, it's because I'm stupid.

We await the chimney Sweep, yippee!!!

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ginny, your good thoughts must have done it. I think we can truly celebrate now. I just got a call from Cathy. Our realtor has the contract in her hands and is on her way to the hospital to have Cathy sign it. Apparently the hold up was their attorney. He kept changing the wording - his own wording. This is my 4th house that we are buying. I never had this trouble with the first 3.

Rich and I are having a glass of wine right now. First hurdle is done - the agree to purchase contract is signed by all parties. Still lots more legal crap to go through.

I did go through a pile of paper work today in my office and filled a large trash can with tossed paper.

Cathy and I looked at victorian medallions and light fixtures a couple days ago. We want to put a medallion and hang a crystal and glass light fixture from it in our formal livingroom.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
hi all=

Verleen, so happy about the house! That is a beauty and I'm sure you will all enjoy it.

DH has been told they want to keep him in another 4 to 5 days. Hopefully by that point the swelling well have gone down and they can remove the trach.

I did not visit today - have a degenerating fibroid that is causing wicked pain and I just couldn't get it together. Tomorrow, for certain. At least I got the living room vacuumed.

Julie, in answer to your question of a couple of days ago, I would dearly love to stay home, but I am the major breadwinner. So, once this medical crisis is past I've got to pull out all the stops to find another job.

And, by the way, I would never have signed up for 2 dogs if i knew I was going to have to walk them by myself. They are too big for me to take in tandem so I have to walk one at a time. At least I'm getting some exercise!

All the best to everyone.

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

YEAH, Verleen!!!! My late DH sold real estate for some years and the thing that screwed up some deals were the lawyers. I think they want to be able to prove to their client that they actually did some work.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Verleen, Congratulations on your new home.

I've been down with the flu the past 2 weeks. I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I hope.

Jo is out giving away fresh cauliflower. We are going to get a freeze tonight so we decided to pick the rest.

Not much else going on here.
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #15

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
I'm thankful to read the news about the house deal being done, Verleen!!

Louise, I hope Bob continues to improve, thank goodness for good doctor's and hospitals!!!

Doug, glad you are finally at the end of your illness, so many have this kind that lasts 2 weeks, hope Jo does not get it. If I lived near you, I would love some fresh cauliflower!!!

Off to see if the chimney sweep is coming or not, we have been having some snow flurries and sleet, and it is in the 20's out there, I'd sure hate to be a chimney sweep!!!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Doris, Jo didn't get the flu. She got the vaccination I didn't. Does that tell you something.
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

I want fresh cauliflower!!
Ginny
Old 01-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Doug I just had some mashed last night. I'll take a couple heads.... Glad to hear you are getting over that flu. It's not fun for sure.

for Verleen and your family. That crystal light fixture sounds just lovely.

I'd like to figure out how to share youtube videos too. Could you explain the how to one more time for my slow brain?

Looks like the mail is here so better go see. Have a nice rest of your day.
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Well it's still raining off and on mostly on.The roads are all flooded(not ours) and school was closed today again.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Doug, I hope you remember to take the flu shot next year!!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
"DOUG" over here- waving and jumping up and down!

Got enough cauliflower for me???? My daughter and her husband will "retire" New Mexico (think he grew up there) but she fell in love with that part of the world getting her masters in Colorado. She met him years later.
VERLEEN- WOO HOOOO ON GETTING THAT HOUSE Oh, I can just picture you and the beautiful birds and Molly and the pussycat in that grand house. I think Cathy is one of the smartest young women I have ever heard of. Rich "the feral cat whisperer" will love it I am sure.
There is a really good program on PBS tonight about a fab. "Dr. Barns" art collection that I hope to stay awake for at 9: I have read about this collection and so hope to see it on my big screen TV (well, big to me 42")
Looking to a quiet week- end and just go ahead and take 2 Allieves every morning now rather than drag my right leg around all day.
Ta Ta an Tootle Loo everyone.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #22

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Yippie Verleen and a huge Congratulations on the house. I'm thrilled for all of you.

Julie, LOL I sold real estate for a few years, part time, for a lawyer and you are so right. It's usually the legal aspect that screws things up.

So sorry you got that nasty flu Doug. Next year, please get that shot.

Gladys, please keep your feet dry and stay safe.

Ginny, the only way to get a thread deleted is to ask one of the admins...Cheri, Fat Cat, Dottie... and they will do it for you.

Doris, hope you and G had a wonderful time and that the chimney sweep got the job done.

Hi to everyone else.
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Verleen, congratulations...enjoy every minute of the new house.
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote