LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Wed. Roll call. Jan. 9

Just a kick start out the door. See you all tomorrow.
Time to go read the home town Obits. to see if my name is there. If so, I can rest.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #2

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Linda, you are a funny gal, lol. What a neat picture, I love to look at bison, but I don't want to own one

I still am stuck with that bracelet on my wrist, dh is kidding me about it, maybe I can find someone at the doctor's office that has a "tool" of some sort, lol.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Hi Linda and Doris

Thanx for starting us off Linda. Is that the town where you live?

Doris - what did I miss about a bracelet. Did you have a hosiptal procedure? Are you OK?

You never mentioned working in a nursery. what a dream job.

We are off early in the morning to take a car in for tuneup and do some shopping, etc.

I also was wondering how Louise and her husband are doing. They have had such a horrible time of it.

Have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #4

I put on an old bracelet I found in a drawer, and I can't get it off, sort of an "I Love Lucy" situation, Begete. I think I need to find someone to cut it off, but not sure if a jewelry store can do it, or police or fire station, lol. Will see what we can find tomorrow down in Sacramento dh tried a pair of plyers, but the "do-hickey" that you pull out to make it open, broke off during that procedure..........................and so it goes.

Safe travels tomorrow!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:48 AM   #5

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Good morning.

Babette, no that town isn't our town. It's Gardiner, Montana were we stay when visiting Yellowstone.

Gee Doris, hopefully someone can get that bracelet off without breaking it.

I see someone missed my post and started another roll call for today. That happens a lot.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
check in
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Hi all-

Bob (dh) has been moved to a regular room - yippee! Thank you for all the positive thoughts.

I am feeling really wiped out and am spending the morning slowly puttering around with chores. He will have a couple of other visitors today so I plan to go down this afternoon, once I've caught my breath.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

-Louise
weezie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 108 lbs. 5'
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May '11
Louise, you can't keep a good bass player down! That's what DH says and since both of these guys are bass players, sounds good to me. So glad he's out of ICU, continued peaceful, healing thoughts coming your way.

I did something this morning I've never done before. I went with a friend for a pedicure. Wow.............how fun and relaxing. I'll be doing that again, I'm thinkin.'

The Elvis show last night was fine. The guy was "close" to sounding like Elvis, but we've heard better. His outfit was "Elvis" for sure. Lots of people there, and once again we enjoyed friends and dancing.

Doris, best of luck with the bracelet, hope it's not big and bulky.

We set a record yesterday, hottest January 8th ever, 84 degrees. Another 80 degrees today. DH is playing golf, a good day to play for sure.
Ginny
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...my day is starting sunny, then clouding up before the temps drop again.

So glad Bob has been moved into a regular room and will be having other visitors. Take some time for yourself Louise...and still sending healing thoughts to you both.

Glad you enjoyed the pedi, Ginny, it does make you feel like a queen for a day, doesn't it. I haven't had one for a long time that was why I wanted it yesterday as a treat for myself....glad I got the manicure, tho', makes me feel better and later we'll do the pedi.

Today is my birthday luncheon with my friends which also helps the ego...so glad I have them as it helps lift my spirits during these dark days.

Hope you all have a great day, stay warm and cozy...laters

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #10

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers Louise.

Thank You to Linda and Julie for our double kick off today.

I was thinking of YOU Ginny last night and wishing I was there. Do you know the guy's name that was performing. We saw a really good guy impersonate Elvis at Old Town one year. He was really good and had all the outfits from 1956 onwards.

Doris, You are a hoot, like a Lucy skit for sure. LOL!
Baubles, Bangles and Beads, maybe if you sing this song it will coax the bracelet off. Good Luck with that.

Lainey, I saw that you snook in there as I blinked.

Wishing You All a pleasant and peaceful day. Hope to BBL...
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Sticking my head in the door to see what's happening. Glad to see your husband is getting his own room now. He's well on his way to getting home.

I got a chance to sleep in as it's the day that Dh has his breakfast with his friends downtown. It's been a tradition since his retirement.

I feel like I'm coming down with something. Have a sore spot on the roof of my mouth that is bugging me. Dr appt. is coming up in a week or so. That spot is going to be checked if it's still there then.

I'll check back later. Time to get busy around here.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Guess what? The reputed, signed house contract did not arrive as we were told it would. I think someone else has 'sniffed' at their property but not made an offer. They are stringing us along with the hopes that this other party will make an offer and it will be higher than ours. What else can I think? That's why I wouldn't let myself get excited anymore. Cathy spent last evening looking for another property.

Louise, That's so good to hear about Bob.

Update - while typing this, I got a call from our realtor. She heard from their realtor that the reason for the hold-up on the contract is the property was placed in a trust and the owners aren't sure of who's signature should be on the contract. So they are consulting the trust's attorney. Bull puckies. Why are we hearing about this trust at this late date? Why did this issue come up now after the property has been on the market for over a year? I want to walk away from this, but that's got to be Cathy's decision. Then I hope they don't get the other offer and the property sits on the market for another year. Let their greed bite them in the a**. They are in angst over $3,000. The final agreed upon contract is just $3,000 less than the list price. I'd better go find something else to put my mind into.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
OH Verleen how frustrating! I too would walk away but like you said it's up to your daughter to make the final decision. Wish you well and the right decisions are made.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Verleen - unless NY contract law is different than that of any other state in the union, or unless the people who made the counteroffer did not have the legal authority to do so, YOU have an enforceable contract and even if they were offered a $million more, they cannot get out of it. You can sue them and win the house, probably legal fees and damages.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Babette, that is one issue with this new trust information. Did they have the legal right to sign the contract? Maybe I should just be patient and wait it out. I've never been good with patience.

Tomorrow we are having a turkey dinner. Cathy got a frozen turkey from work. Time to eat it. I made a sweet potato dish today. In the morning I'll cook the giblets and make the stuffing. Rich and cathy are making the rest of the meal. I can no longer do it.

I'll not post about the house until it's a sure thing. No sense dumping these play by play problems on all of you.

Meanwhile, the kitty is doing well. She has been in the house for about a week now and has not asked to go out once. She's religious about using the litter box. She worships rich. She is starting to play with toys. Tomorrow rich is buying a scratching/climbing tower for her. And more toys.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #16

Verleen, whew! You are scaring me about even wanting to buy another house, I've never heard of anyone going through such trouble buying a house, except on those House Hunter type tv shows, oh MY!! I'd be a nervous wreck, too, and my dh would simply want to beat someone's butt up........
I'm glad the cat is doing so well, and using the potty box nicely, that is sure a plus! Hope the turkey comes out well.

Louise, I'm hoping you can visit Bob later today, and than go home and try to sleep, easy for me to say, I barely slept when my dh was so ill, either.

We are beat, just from all the driving down to Sacramento, and they had that awful fog down in the valley, especially when you drive in the whole agricultural area, with rice paddies, and orchards and fields. And so many birds of all types, huge flocks of them.

I'm waving at the rest of you gals, I'm simply tired out, too much yakking with the nurse, doctor, and the whole crew, and they do try to counsel us. Transferring dh's medical records seems to be done, and we need an appt. to meet the new doctor, and figure out where to go for the blood tests now.

Take care. Oh, I still have that bracelet on, will try to get to a jewelry store tomorrow in Reno and see if they can cut it off.................yes, my dh laughs that it looks sorta like a handcuff...............you can make up your own story.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!

Last edited by mykneesareback; 01-09-2013 at 05:37 PM..
Old 01-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #17

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Verleen, Oh my, I sure hope this gets settled soon and smoothly for you. It is great that Babette shares her legal knowledge with us.

Doris, I too thought of the handcuff but declined to mention it in case it offended. WE are a gentle lot on here right?

Louise, I sure hope you managed to relax and rest more now that you know Bob is on the mend. You need your strength to be able to take care of him, so some TLC is in order for YOU.

Sleep well All and hope TBBT.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
It is raining so much they are closing schools,fearing flooding.I'm going nuts,makes doing everyday chores very hard.
Louise,good news.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote