LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jaded58
Stats: 164/134
WOE: Just starting low carb
Start Date: December 11, 2012
Tuesday Roll Call, January 8, 2012

Good morning all. Today is a big day. I actually get to stay home and clean. Boy, this place sure needs a loving touch. Back later!!
jaded58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
I had a great time last night at our street supper. We had a rowdy crowd of about 25 or more. Suddenly after 20 years, folks not living on 'our' street are interested in coming. We don't mind at all, tho it does lose some of our 'street humor'. Anyways, it's nice seeing others and even a few snowbirds. The food was great, too. Since I wasn't driving, I even had a glass of zinfandel.
It's a beautiful day here right now...starting off in the 60's.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thank You Jaded for our start off. I hope you get your list of chores done smoothly today.

Julie, sounds like you had Fun last night. I am glad to hear that you include the snow birds too. I hope to be one some day. LOL! Enjoy your temps, we are knee deep in the white stuff and cold temps.

I am meeting a GF this aft to look in Ikea for a pantry for her kitchen. She is the GF that I went to Florida with.

Wishing All a pleasant day and hope to be back later...
SuSUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
Good morning all. Blessings on your day and on those needing our prayers. Expecting good things.

We dont have 60's this morning. It was 31 when I was coming home last night but we are supposed to get almost up to 60 today and stay there for about a week so looking forward to that.

Jan, I understand about low carb. I cant live on it always. Thought I would do it long enough to meet my monthly goal, and then do Juddd in between. Might even try that potatoe thing, after I lose what I need. We had this pharamacist who comes every quarter and keeps us on the up and go. So far, I have been hanging in there.

Verleen, buying a house can be a lot of ups and downs. Hope it all works out. I had not bought one before on my own and they might have told me I needed insurance, but I did not pay attention, so had to scramble to find some before the closing date. Have fun and dont let it stress you out.

Got to go and get ready to face the day, time is slowing inching that way. Have a good day.

Last edited by Msevon2; 01-08-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning Jaded and Julie and those to stop by later.

Got to get more used to these cold blasting mornings- do not want to leave the bed at all.
Eye appt. at 1: and a shop at Wally's as I am still clutching that 100.00 gifty card Christmas gift from my Ila & Anthony. Need some gummie Fish Oils- they are so yummy so I'll stock up on those. Got the fiber Gummies at Sam's the other day and told them to get the fish oil ones... the pharmacist said she would try.
I have poured boiling water into all the bird baths to melt the solid ice.
I got the wreaths (all six) into the garage but still need to bag them and hang them along the walls in the garage. Thank goodness Dad had lined the walls with that stuff that has the holes and many, many of those hooks that fit the holes. I even found some unopene bags of various sizes of those hooks in the garage.
Movie Review: Country Strong! hated it- bad acting, bad singing. Maybe my being from the South- Charleston, S.C. kept it from ringing true.
Book Review: The Orchardist by Copland ( a first novel ) WOW beautiful writing so far and amazing first novel. My new library I found got it for me from the big library- hated my So. Norfolk branch but love this Norfolk branch.
time for some left over soup for breaky... Ms. SuSun and Aaunt Jane have had their poached chicken already.
bbl
Verleen, dancing the jig for joy about your house!

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jaded58
Stats: 164/134
WOE: Just starting low carb
Start Date: December 11, 2012
SuSun, jealous of your Ikea trip. I love that place so much it's ridiculous!!!!
jaded58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
Thanks for the start up, Jaded.
Cold & frosty here this morning, 28°. Supposed to warm up to almost 50° with some sun. I like sun, lol.
Really achy today, must be time for a visit to the chiropractor.
I've bought & sold several houses (I used to do rehabs), and it can be a long, drawn-out, frustrating process. Right now there are a lot of people that either paid a lot of money for their homes, or put a lot of money into them, and they're upset they won't get that money back. I'm actually renting out my last rehab until the market bounces back. I'm not about to sell a house worth at least $150K for less than $120K. But the sellers need to realize if they want to sell now, in most markets you're going to take a loss.
Julie-the street dinner sounds like it was fun. I'll have to look on my son's tablet and see how Words with Friends is set up. But I think you might have to be friends on Facebook to start a game with someone.
SuSun-I've never been to Ikea, I should try it some time.
Lainey-Sorry you didn't like your movie. I request all my books online and then just run in to the library to check them out. The libraries just aren't the same as they were when I worked at one years & years ago, and I don't really enjoy being in them anymore.
Have a great day everyone, for those of us not in the sunny south, stay warm!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
I love Ikea, too. Always a treat to go and see what is new. I notice a lot of tv designers end up at Ikea for things, too.

Tomorrow is DGS 18th birthday. It is a busy time of year for a senior as well. Looking at colleges and applying and all that.

Not much going on here. Tomorrow will be busy. Then Thursday a haircut. It is sorely needed.

Congrats on the house Verleen. Will be so much fun getting it all together.

BBL
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #9

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Good morning everyone,

Thanks for the start off, Jaded. It's nice to see new people jump in to help out.

Susan, I'm jealous that you have an Ikea so close. It looks like I'll have to take a trip across the border to visit yours.

Doris, yesterday you said you would need to bring your TVs if you came with us in the Motor Home. LOL we have two and hook ups for two more.

Waving to everyone else.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Waving "hi" as I rush off to garden club this morning.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
I'm having a rip-roaring bad day and nothing to do with the house. So I'm going to gripe about another peeve of mine instead. I'm a dying woman and hate me if you like for expressing my opinion. I'll have Rich put it on my gravestone.

The real estate market fell because of the greed of every player in the system. Its the same as the folks that go to vegas. Its gambling. Often you lose. That's the risk of gambling. A house is only worth what the market will pay for it. It is never worth what you paid for it or how much you put in in rehab. It is worth what the market will pay for it. Many are gambling that the market will bounce back to that artificial bubble that destroyed so many lives. It may not bounce back and nor should it. Property values were artificial and many gamblers hopped on to reap the benefits (always at someone else's detriment). That's the risk of gambling. Some people that have been financially destroyed I feel sorry for. They just got caught in what was going on (like all those retirement funds that got wiped out). Others I do not feel sorry for. They knew at the time they signed that they couldn't afford that house. But they gambled that the value would keep increasing as was the trend until everything collapsed. You should never gamble with what you cannot afford to lose. And please, please don't expect the rest of the taxpayers to bail you out, which is what happened when Wall St was bailed out. They didn't reinstate those pension funds and that makes me mad.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 108 lbs. 5'
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May '11
Verleen, American Greed, alive and well. That's all I say on that subject.

Hey ladies.............we won something from our hometown in Iowa. Unbelievable as it is, it's a KindleFire. DH didn't have a clue what it was. I've had a great time using it and found Hearts for DH to play. As far as I'm concerned they (KindleFires) are a miracle. Oh, we don't know what we signed or filled out to win it.

The floor thing yesterday turned out well, thankyou for that, it seems under the particle board there was perfectly good linoleum flooring so DH just took out the one that had fallen in and left the good floor intact. And Julie, we have Home Defense now. They say that stuff is really good.

The good old Elvis dance is tonight. We're meeting friends at the Tavern for a quick drink and roast pork dinner and then going next door to the Clubhouse.

Absolutely gorgeous today, going up to low 80s.
Ginny
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
I'm finding the Fire hard to read,so it's still the I-Pad for me.Guess the old eyes are not what they use to be.lol Glad the floor worked out.Ugly here,should start raining soon.
Got to get to the barn before the rain.
Have a good day all.
T&P for Louise and DH.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #14

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Lucky you, Ginny, to get to go to a dance and some fun with your hubby and friends! Dance a few for me, please.

Linda, we have 2 little HD tv's, we will bring, lol.

Thanks for starting us out, Jaded gal!

Begete, how many in your club, please.

Susan, we have only been to an IKEA twice, love the place, my dh adores that lingonberry jam..........that is why we haven't gone back lately.

Gee, wish I had time to watch movies, I'm never going to be able to catch up with so many out there that sound interesting. Bucket list movies and books.

Anne, so your grandson will be 18, man oh man, where has the time gone? And that college applying, wears you out, all the info they demand now.

Julie, you guys have such a nice sounding community there, great people, and nice weather.

Verleen, all you are saying has been true for a long time, and the suits playing pocket pool at the head of it all, won't let it change, ever! Who would mow their lawn?

It is 22 degrees now, and it feels colder, snow is still frozen hard, but the roads were dry, at least.

Waving at the rest of the bunch of us, I need to get going, vacuuming is done, but more is needed.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...60's today and 70's tomorrow with lots of sun before the clouds and the cold come back tomorrow...and the winds have died, so I'm looking forward to the day. Since I'm going to lunch tomorrow with my former co-workers, today is a pamper day. Decided I'm going for a trim and waxing, then a massage followed by a mani and pedi...I think that will help chase the blahs.

Louise, still sending healing vibes to you and yours. Hope there is good news for you today.

Amen, Verleen...greed at its worst plus a lot of folks were tricked into the "American Dream" of owning a home who knew they were going in over the heads and thought they deserved it....still sending you the best for Cathy's house.

Ginny, great news...I love it when an expected super project turns easy.

Busy day so I'd better get running if I'm going to get it all done today...hope you all have a great day and good things come your way.

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shucks and dang! Just found out my hairdresser is now taking Tuesdays off, so no haircut today...maybe I'll be able to do it tomorrow before lunch. Just received the check from spouse's insurance...sure took them long enough. I've been fighting it since February...just shows that you should never give up...The hang-up wasn't anything big, just dealing with two government agencies. One is bad enough, but two seems to be impossible...

Last edited by Mssarge; 01-08-2013 at 12:42 PM..
Old 01-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Hi Doris, lol which garden club are you asking about?

I was a member of 4, dropped one, and am about to drop another which would leave two.

The problem I have had is that my skill and passion level don't really fit any of them here.

One of them, one I think I am dropping, is too advanced. Most of the members work as designers, landscapers, etc. and many have degrees in horticulture.and they are passionate about plants. In fact, most of them get along with plants better than with people. At the meetings, you can be shot for using the common instead of Latin name of a plant. There are 20 in that group.

The local garden club has about 50+. I am a bit more advanced than most of the members there. They really do a lot of community work, and I have learned a few things, like transplanting cuttings as they grow. I am just getting to know that group, so it may be that I can learn many more things as time goes by.

Then there is my AAUW garden group, which is more social than gardening, but I like the women in it the most even though only a few have any expertise at all.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #18

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Happy 75th Birthday Elvis!

Oh my goodness it seems you are all a fan of IKEA. Yes we have one of the largest in N. America close by 15 mins drive from home.

Doris, I saw the Lingonberry jam today. Is that really tart? I don't think I have ever tasted that.

WE looked at lots of stuff even desks, we bought a few odds and ends each. DGF was mainly scouting out what she would like to buy. Her cousin is coming to visit next week so her cousin's DH will put it all together for her when she decides which she is going with.

Linda, I am not sure but I think Canadian prices are more than the IKEA stores in the States. I'll check with my DGF.

Mary, Oh My Goodness Mary, all the financial stuff gives me the willies. I had so much anxiety related to all that. Dealing with all that at our most vulnerable time too. Hope it is coming to the end of it for you now.

Enjoy Your Evening...EYE hope to BBT...

Last edited by SuSUN; 01-08-2013 at 06:33 PM..
SuSUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Susan, that should be the end of my travails...at least as far as that goes. I am so glad most of the legal/financial stuff was pre-planned and I was only stuck with the time-consuming elements. I hope I've made it easier for those who have to take care of my business.

No pedi today, but I did get the manicure. Hoping for the hair and eyebrow stuff tomorrow before the luncheon...other than that stayed pretty close to home.

Hope you all had a great day...we hit 73 here but dipping tomorrow...

Last edited by Mssarge; 01-08-2013 at 06:41 PM..
Old 01-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #20

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Yeah, it's hard to believe that Elvis was born in 1935, product of the Depression days, and grew up poor, and he has been gone so long now, too...

Begete, I think I would enjoy the club with the 50+ ladies or people, might not be all women in there. I used to love gardening, even worked at a little local nursery that used to be just "yonder". Are you getting used to the conditions being so different than it was in Philly?

Mary, glad you got that check. And the warmer day, we talked at the school breakfast how much we were missing some warm sunshine, and getting cabin fever.

OK, question: I found a 1 inch. wide bangle bracelet in a drawer, was fooling around with it, put it on, but the little "pin" that you pushed in to close it, wouldn't pull up to open it.......so, dh used plyers, but that only broke off the pin.............now I have this bracelet on, can't get it off.............where would you go to get it removed? A jeweler, police station, fire station ??? lol lol I feel like the "I Love Lucy" show predicament wise.

Hoping Louise's Bob is showing some improvement tonight!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
A jeweler, Doris. And, have them fix or replace the closing so it will be easier to use.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote