Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Monday Roll Call, Jan. 7

Time to rise and maybe "shine", friends
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !cid_3569B870EF474BEFB8E81B5100146F63@JuliePC.jpg (50.8 KB, 8 views)
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Good monday morning Doris and thanks for fun start to the day.

Coffee is yummy this morning.
Warm up to 60s wed. and thurs. so I will get the Christmas decor put away and even some garage work done. I guess the little helper faries put all their fairy flying dust to use when they fly over my house. My neighbor Carolyn Jean says they do the same thing to her house. The "Little Streakers"!
Anyhew, It is cold but a very pretty day. Tomorrow I have my Eye Surgeon appt at 1:00. She is watching a freckle in one eye and some clouding from the catarac surg. in the other eye. I am still using reading glasses but only for the most minute printing which amazes me how small they are printing stuff now. Like they do not want you to read it at all. I keep small magnifying glasses in just about every room.
Best be getting on with the day... still have not watched "Country Strong" I loved "Midwife" and Downton Abby last night- not happy about them going broke though but feel sure somehow the day will be saved. The views for next week had them "looking" at smaller Estates! Nooooooo! I finally get to live in a place like that UPSTAIRS no less and I ain't giving it UP!
Yallings have a good monday as can be.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jaded58
Stats: 164/134
WOE: Just starting low carb
Start Date: December 11, 2012
Good morning all! Tons of running around to do today. Have to run to Walmart and Costco to return a few things, I figure the lines shouldn't be as bad now. Have to pick up some edibles at Costco while I am there. It's nice to have a sunny day to do all my errands
jaded58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Hey Gang!

Watched my movie yesterday afternoon and enjoyed it. I'm usually not a fan of the RomCom but this was really cute. Mood is everything and it passed the afternoon nicely. DD and I have fallen in love with Rick Stein a restaurant owner in Cornwall who has a cooking show. Travels all over Europe doing it. It is more a history of food than just recipes. I watched a couple of episodes of the French one last night.

Must go to the grocery store this morning. That is not my favorite. Well, no chore is my favorite! But some folk think reading is a chore! Then pick Maggie up at school. Hope her readjustment is not too hard.

BBL
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
Good morning all. Beautiful sunshine this morning and promises of the 60's most of the week, after today. We will see. Might rain, but if it is warm, a good trade. Just got to get thru today in the low 50's and low of 28. Had a good weekend. I added a meal to my diet yesterday and got up to a 3 lb loss. I love atkins. I love the idea of Juddd but it just dont work for me. It did when I started but then it turned and not worked any more. So will lose the weight on Atkins and when I cant stick to it, I will vacation with juddd. I saw this soup diet in the grocery line, and I would love that. I could eat soup 2 times a day. But I need to get the weight off 1st. Had eggs and sausage for breakfast.

I am starting a new book. It is Fatal Burn. So far, I am not caught up in it. Hope it gets better.

Have a good day. Blessings on all of us and our families.
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 108 lbs. 5'
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May '11
Well I guess it was bound to happen.................we had a "bug" (which I won't name, just think Florida bug) run across the kitchen floor last night. I was able to step on it, and now DH is out buying spray to take care of any more that are around. We did have a service which we stopped (not my doing) because Dh said he could take care of the inside of the house. I am irritated. It would be so much easier to have a pest service handle this, but not to be....................

Also the floor under the kitchen sink has "fallen in" somewhat and now that needs to be taken care of. My thought would be to hire someone to come in and do it right, but again, not to be. DH is out buying what he thinks he needs as I write this. I'm thinking I need to find a movie to go to, because when he starts on projects it's not a fun time.

On a happier note, we sure enjoyed Downton Abbey last night, and we still have The Good Wife to watch.

Going up to the Tavern tonight for drinks/dinner with a friend.
Doris, tomorrow night is an Elvis show which we have tickets for. I am NOT an Elvis fan but it's a night out with friends, right?

Gloomy day here, in more ways than one.
Ginny
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Wow! I was sure caught up in Downton Abbey last night. Loved the whole two hours! I was glad that Mary didn't call off her wedding. Starting an hour earlier, they showed the real castle and the current owners/residents. Talked about the history of the building and the previous family owners. Quite interesting.
Street supper out tonight. Not at a plade that I particularly care for...Beef O"Brady's.

Ginny, there might be, or might have been, a leak under the floor there. It happened to a friend.
We/I had a service come in to spray all these years, but I recently cancelled it and bought an over gallon size of Ortho bug spray. It comes with an attached trigger. In Sept. I sprayed the whole foundation outside and the inside baseboard areas. It was a bug free winter...supposed to work for up to a year. We'll see. This is Florida living.

Last edited by ocali; 01-07-2013 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: saw Ginny's post
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
Bright and sunny here today, which makes me happy. Still chilly, but that's okay. It is January, after all!
Back to work after being off for 2 weeks, and trying to get the baby back on a schedule. I'm amazed at how many first time parents are afraid to put a baby down for a nap, like 5 minutes of fussing (not even really crying) is the end of the world. I'm taking him to the pet store after his nap, I need some things for my new birds
Ginny-Oh my, I've heard about those Florida "bugs". Raid makes something called Bug Barrier, we used it in the basement for water bugs. It works great, although the ones that are already in the house go crazy before they die, running around. A couple times they made it upstairs to die, which totally freaks me out.
Msevon2-LC worked great for me, but it's just not something I could make a lifestyle. I felt deprived for the whole year I was on it. Not sure what woe I'm going to do now, but I need to do something!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Ginny, spray the thresholds of doors and windows...those little bugs (ok big bugs) in FL can get in the tiniest of places. I cancelled my outdoor lawn bug guy when I moved to FL and killed my grass in the first season. Took 3 years to get it back...so I had an indoor sprayer and a yard sprayer. Well, worth the money for professional sprayers...but that is just me.

Got to go get Maggie in a few...going to get her some fruit to eat on the way home...she likes the attention that having the fruit shows her.

BBL
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/154/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Good morning. I'm not feeling good today. Its the house. I shouldn't have told anyone about it. I may have jinxed it. We accepted the owners counter offer and haven't heard a word from them. We've haven't gotten anything in writing from them. It was their offer, not ours. I think they are playing games with us. They put the house back on the market again this weekend. I'm starting to feel like I don't want this house no matter what. These people have jerked us around from the beginning. Even when we met THEIR price, they are not taking it. What do they want? We met their price, gave them the concessions THEY wanted and we asked for no concessions. Just to outright buy the house. Last night was the deadline for them to present us with a signed contract. It passed without hearing from them. I think we should just walk away from it, even though its the perfect house for us. Let the owners see if they can squeeze another dollar at each turn out of a new prospective buyer. Okay, I'll move on. I just have nothing else to say. Mood is not good.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/154/150
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #11

Verleen, what is the name of the real estate company you are using, sounds like they are not doing their job for you at all, they should at least keep you more informed. Is it Century 21? I'm curious is all...............
No wonder people hate to buy houses!!

Sounds like an interesting time for many of us on here, oh my!

I need to call the chimney sweep to set up a cleaning, and than deal with the new doctor/clinic in the other town in the valley, that should waste more time. Apparently these doctor's don't need any patients, even though they will be paid well...........

Take care of yourselves, look out for those huge bugs, yuck!! Ginny, my dh is also a "I'll fix it" type, that's why we need the chimney sweep and hope nothing burned up in the attic.

"Be Your OWN Inspiration!"

Calories IN, Calories OUT, old fashioned but True...
Old 01-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back again. Still griping I'm afraid. Do you understand this. They had it on the market for a year and no offers. They lowered their price and still no offers. So they took it off the market for the winter. They get a buyer (us) who accepts their price and concessions, but don't take it. Instead they put their house back on the market at a higher price than before. Their realtor has told them that its difficult to sell a victorian. Its also a difficult market overall and property values have gone way down. Their realtor also told them that the banks who give mortgages are appraising victorians so low that sales fall through because the sale price is so far above the appraised value. Still these people proceed like none of this matters. You can tell this is eating at me.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Verleen, IMHO.............it's simply a matter of GREED!
Am so sorry you have to deal with this.
Ginny
Old 01-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doris, we have a local realtor, not a chain. Ginny, it might be greed. We'll see. I just talked to our realtor and she's not worried. She says the paperwork had to go through the snail mail to be valid with everyone's signatures on it. It had to go to FL and then back up here. Why did she put a time line of Sunday night on it if the sellers couldn't possibly do it by Sunday night? I guess I need to be patient.

I've had a number of cob jobs done here in the past, some by Rich and some by his cheapo contractor. We always had to have an expert come in and redo the original job, plus fix the mess Rich or the 'cheapo' did. It's not financially wise to go down this path. Since I'm not a 'passive-agressive' little wifey that sits by and lets my husband cost me more money than we need to spend, I nip these plans right at the onset. There are just some things that its better to let the pros do. A man that insisted on doing a job he can't really do just to save a few pennies will end up costing thousands to fix the mess. That kind of man and I just wouldn't ever get together. We'd meet at some social event and I'd quickly size him up as a "its my way or the highway" type of guy. I'd point him to the 'highway' very quickly. We'd never even get to Date No. 1.

I'm glad you all are enjoying those shows. I haven't seen any of them. In the past, I've tried to watch British productions, but just can't bear how they seem to drone on and on. I don't like serial shows that never end. Tune in next week to see what happens. Yuk.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning,

Doris - love your avatar

Verleeen - walk away. I am worried about you stating that you required no concessions. If that means you did not require an inspection, there is no way I would proceed. From a legal perspective, you already BOUGHT THE HOUSE. A contract = offer and acceptance. You made an offer, they made a counteroffer and you accepted it. THERE ALREADY IS A CONTRACT unless you changed anything in response to their counteroffer.
They do not have to accept your acceptance for there to be an enforceable contract unless your acceptance contained any change from their offer(counteroffer). Once you accept an offer, there is a contract and they cannot get out of it.

Doris is right. Your real estate agent doen't know what he or she is doing. But if you did not require an inspection, forget everything I just typed and walk away!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all..sunny and in the 60's today knocking on the 70's before dropping and rain again later this week...sounds like most have things to do, places to go and people to see...have a good day.

Verleen, sounds to me like the owners don't really want to sell...sorry they're being such sharks. If this house is not to be, another will. I know you're disappointed, angry and upset and I know Cathy is too. At least you haven't placed yours on the market and have to deal with that as well. Hugs to you and yours...something else is around the corner.

Hope you all have a good day, nuttin' planned for me today...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Babette, I was talking more about financial type of concessions. Our contract does require an inspection and our mortgage co acceptance of its value. That's all. We're not asking for them to cover our closing costs or anything like that.

Thank you everyone for your opinions and advice. Our realtor is getting back to us today. Hopefully the news will allay some of my fears.

I'm so cold today. I need to warm up. That will put me into a better mood. We all went to see Lincoln last night. It was good but not as good as the rave reviews it got. Just my opinion. Rich didn't like it at all. He kept falling asleep.

Ginny, bugs is not something I would put up with and a hubby's cob job wouldn't make me feel comfortable.

Anne, whenever I picked up my grandkids from school, I always had some snacks in the car for them. They dove into the lunch bag with gusto. School makes kids hungry. I think Maggie will be very happy. I keep forgetting to tell you. Her pictures remind me of Scarlett O'Hara for some reason.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Had to change my avatar to a pictuare of my coach...trying to get in the mood for changes in 2013
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi, and thank you for your patience. Our realtor just called again. Lots of phone calls going on today. I don't know the content of all those calls between the realtors and the sellers, but in the end the sellers are moving forward. We should have the contract in our hands tomorrow. They are overniting it. Tomorrow we will set up appts with the lawyer, the mortgage co and the inspector. I'm not excited like I was before. Just too leary now. Busy day tomorrow. We're taking Cathy's cat to be groomed in the morning.

Our cat is upstairs at the moment. Rich is watching her. She is very interested in the birds. When she stares at them, we yell at her and she runs downstairs. She has to learn. Last night, she gave Molly a big swat and now Molly won't go near her. Molly was pushing it with her. In the battle between pet cats and dogs, the cats always win.

Mary, you, Babette and Linda could meet up somewhere in all your motor coaches.

Doris, were you able to get appts with the chimney sweep and the drs?

Ginny, I hope your day wasn't too stressful and this evening's activities relax you.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
WHAHAHhat is going on here
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #21

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/151.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Hi All,

Thank you Doris for our Rise and Shine this morning!

Verleen, YEAH!!! WTGG!

We have had another cold snowy day up here but the sun was out and a clear blue sky. Pretty scenes everywhere you look all the trees holding the snow.
I took the dog for his walk and the bike path is kept clear by the City. It is more like a toboggan run that they have in the Winter Olympics with the sides being so high now. LOL!

Ginny, I am not the expert with bugs so I would know what to suggest. I just know I am more afraid of the chemicals in the sprays than the bugs.
I think I read somewhere that Parkinson's is related to toxic spray exposure.
They found a high prevalence in Janitors. I guess it is neuro toxic.
Enjoy the Elvis show. Where is it being held? I would love to see that next time we are down.

Waving to All and wishing you a pleasant evening.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #22

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/151.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Sorry guys I mean't to say the bike path is more like a Bobsleigh run that they have in the Winter Olympics. Not toboggan no hill on the bike paths. LOL!
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, the Elvis show is here in the Clubhouse and it's sold out.
Ginny
Old 01-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #24

Tomorrow would have been his 78th. Birthday, there are some kinds of shows all over America tomorrow, but, of course, not here, lol.
Have a great time, Ginny, I was not a huge fan of Elvis, but grew to appreciate him later on, due to his early rock a billy style.

Susan, that sure sounds danged cold to me! How is your daughter doing after that trip to Britian?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Mary, if our dr apps go well next week, we will be heading in your direction the last week in January.
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #26

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Coming in late again. Seems I have little time on the computer lately. Sheesh!

A huge congrats on what seems like a new home for you, Cathy and Rich, Verleen. My sincere hope is that the rest of this journey is smooth.

LOL lots of us with Motor Homes should meet up in the middle of the country for a rally. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Hi to the rest.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #27

That would indeed be a "Hoot", Linda!! I'd have to join you, but with a tent, lol.

Verleen, I'm so glad the house issue seems to be going through, and I'm sure you guys are "wary" now to watch out to see things don't get changed.
That's funny about the cat and dog, and yes, the cat will always win!! I got the chimney sweep appt., he is coming Friday afternoon, but the doctor person never even called back. It's looking like we will always have to drive to Sacramento unless we move there.

Hope you ALL have a good night!! Especially wishing Louise's Bob well........

Last edited by mykneesareback; 01-07-2013 at 08:18 PM..
Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #28

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
LOL Doris, we can sleep at least 8 so you and DH could stay with us in the big rig.

Bummer on that doctors office. Can you keep calling them and harassing them until the "big boss" calls you back? Don't ever trust those receptionists or office help. They are practically useless these days.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #29

The gal I call IS the referrel person, she says she gets 300 to 500 requests for referrals each month, so it will take time.............our liver doctor has sent out paperwork several times that was asked for, so now, the ball is in the new doctor's court, so to speak.

Now, THAT would be funny, can you see our two dh's together in a motorhome? We would have to bring our tv's, so my dh could hole up in the bathroom, watching sports, lol. But it could be fun otherwise, lol.
There are some message board groups that have reunions every year though.

Good Night.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
That motor home round up sounds like fun. Our Casita would be about the size of Bilbo Baggins
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote