Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Good evening Angels, just got back in from going to the child's urgent care for my oldest grandson; he was moving one of those tall space heaters, and it ended up falling on his foot- DD is going to get an x-ray for it and he will be home from school tomorrow. Lifting little man in prayers ...

Something is acting funny with the space bar on my keyboard, so if you see it not spacing like it should, that's why.

Lynn, before my surgery, I cancelled my Curves membership, but I've been thinking about renewing it again, and my DD was saying the same thing. I like the aerobic step, but haven't done it with the DVD yet, but I did sit and watched it straight-through, and I got tired just looking at it!! Looks like a great fat burner so I'll share once I actually do it.

I started my day with doing the IF, but by afternoon, when I found out about what happened to little man, I was stressing and did eat a little bit, so I cannot say that today was a genuine IF day. I will eat light tomorrow, and then do my IF day on Wednesday. I'll keep you posted on it.

Jan, glad to hear that Ron worked out something so that he won't fall out of bed; that had to have been scary for you and for him too, falling out like that. Hang in there with all that snow, goodness ... I know it's pretty to look at, but I know you're thinking, enough is enough!!!

Love all my Angels, sleep good tonight!! Love, Val

I've got brand new knees, a wonderful Blessing from the Lord!!!

InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
Good morning Angels, and blessings on all of us. I am not sure how the day is yet, dont see any sun but this is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it. Whatever it holds.

Lynn, good to see you again. Sorry about the weight gain, but looks like the season for that also. And the wedding coming up. That sounds great. Hope Janet has a great life ahead. Take care and check in when you can.

Jan, I remember when you broke your arm. I think that would be worse. I was trying to think when I could have broken off the end of my elbow, but I think it was probably when I broke my knee the 1st time. That was back in the 80's. I remember the fall and Amy happened to be with me, and she went and told David and he came and got me. After it got better, I could feel the separation in my knee, but did not go to the doctor. I healed it up with that grey tape on it. So it can fix anything. duck tape. I did go to work yesterday. Could not stand to stay here another day. It was good. That new brace is doing well. I slept in it last night and slept pretty good. I did start out in the bed and cannot sleep on my side too long before the knee hurts so went back to recliner. Butt got a little rest any how. I just looked out and it is very cloudy. That is all I need. I hope no more snow. Rain is bad enough. Anyway, I got down the steps and got to work and was trying to prop my leg on the trash can but it was not working. Becky found a crate and she put it under my desk and bea folded my blanket and put on top of it and it was just the right height and soft so worked great. When I got ready to leave, I ask bea if she needed gas and she said she would go with me, so she went in and paid and we pumped out together. Then I came home and no problem coming back up the steps. Before I left yesterday walgreens called and said it was time to renew my presciption and did I want to, and I did the yes and got to pick it up on way to work today, but they do have a drive thru so dont have to walk thru that big store. I think I managed to stop on the lower carb yesterday but not great. I had bacon and egg for breakfast and it was late so did not have lunch. I had a salad with roast beef and cheese for dinner, but in between I ate almost a half of a can of nuts. so will see. my bp was up a little this morning at 112/52. So not worried. I have begun to take my bp pill only every other day. I think it is almost time for breakfast now. Should not have thought of those nuts. They were pecans and almonds and cashews. so good. I am so excited that the kids are coming, Will they stay with you or what? I dont remember well but seem to think her parents are near you. Or was that Heathers mom and dad. The one called Bumpor something like that. Terrible to forget peoples names but it has been a while.

Val, I had thought about If yestesday but decided I better go back to Atkins. So I tried. Maybe today will be better. I still have some more salad makings, and after today I probably wont. I think I will make some coffee, but dont have any hwc so will put some protein powder in it. That chocolate cookies and cream is good in it. Praying for little man. how old is he now. Hope his foot is better day. Have a good day at work. And good luck on your medium day.

Talk later.
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cl2gas_1
Stats: 258/254/225 1st goal
WOE: JUDDD 3/26/12
Start Date: 12/20/ 03
Hi all, Emile is in the hosp tonight.. He is having IV's No broken ribs nothing showed up on the cat Scan.. Now he just has to stop vomiting..The kids took care of everything.. 2 of the girls are staying with me tonight..
my nerves have been A mess all week.. Well since Sat. anyway.. Just say a small prayer for him please..
Love you all..
cl2gas_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Claire, why did you say that about the ribs. Did Emile have an accident or something. Then the vomiting. What is going on. I already said a prayer for him, ubt just wondering. Blessing on him and you and all concerned.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: HawkeyeJR
Hi everyone, I will answer everyone tomorrow but for right now it is after midnight so I just want to say that I am praying for all of you!

Claire, I am happy Emile is getting the IV's that he must have been very dehydrated to faint. Glad he didn't break anything in his fall. He will be okay and know that we will all be praying for him.

Val we will be praying for your grandson also. He must be in a lot of pain. There are so many tiny bones in the food and a break in that area hurts so much. He will also be in my prayers tonight.

Evon thanks for letting me know that Emile was in the hospital and I am so happy you are doing better and back to work already.

Lynn sorry about your weight gain. I am staying about the same but not going down at all. It's so frustrating!!
I am thing about doing Atkins again, but today I saw the Dash Diet on Dr. OZ and that seems to be a well balanced and easy diet so I may look into that.

Well good night to all of you, Love and blessings and prayers for everyone!
HawkeyeJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Hi Angels! Thanks everyone for praying for my grandson; he did go and got an x-ray done of his foot, and thankfully, there are no broken bones, just a very big bruise that is painful for him ... He has a hard time putting his shoe on, so he has been limping mostly with just a sock on that foot, but when we had to go in areas that were not near the house, he just slipped his foot in his shoe as much as he could. DD took the x-rays back to the doctor's office, and he thought it best that man stay home from school for the rest of the week. But yes, he will have to work on his school project, and also, DD is going to go to school to get his homework assignments - thank you all for your prayers for him!

Claire, yes, your Angels are praying hard for Emile, and also for your strength in Christ... He knows what you both stand in need of, and I know that our Lord God specializes in Healing His children, just know that God is nigh ...

Evon, I think I will be doing IF through another way, but not through eating; it is said that you can fast through other means, turning a plate down for one meal, or perhaps giving up something I normally do and spend that time in deep prayer. I remember when I did JUDDD and would eat a little one day, then a lot the next, and it upset my hiatal hernia terribly. This is similar, and I don't want to get sick like that again. So I need to keep my eating schedule on an even schedule so that this doesn't happen. To God be the Glory always; he knows what we stand in need of, and is always quick to tell us what we need to do, Amen ...

Jan, hubby was sharing with me about the Dash diet, he said some of his coworkers were talking about how it is a good plan, and that many successes have come from it. Please let me know if you decided to do it. How is Ron doing? Is he still doing good with sleeping diagonally? Let him know that his Angels are thinking about him and are continuing to pray for him...

Lynn, have a wonderful birthday!!! And re the weight gain, we are all a work in progress, so please, not to worry about it, we have all been there - just enjoy your special day and have a great time celebrating!!

Big hellos to all the Angels!! Just remember, God smiles on us and our family members each day, and leaves brand new mercies by our bedside every morning. What a wonderful God we serve, Hallelujah!! I know that through all of our problems that we are dealing with or facing, as long as we have each other and our Lord to guide us, everything will turn out just fine ... Love you all!! Val
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Everyone,

to Lynn. I hope all your birthday wishes come true!!! Have a wonderful birthday. You know I love you little buddy!

Val, I am happy that your grandson didn't have any broken bones in his foot. Sometimes it is just a painful to hurt your foot because you have to try to walk on it. I hope God's speed his recovery time as only he can.
He must be thrilled that his mom will make sure he has all his homework assignments.
I heard about the DASH diet this week on Dr. OZ. So if you go to his website and look through this weeks episodes I'm sure you will be able to download the diet. It is supposed to reverse or make better all kinds of health issues.
Ron hasn't fallen out of bed again, thank God. He has been sleeping across the bed diagonally. I don't know why he was sleeping so close to the edge that night. It may have been that if he got up to pee, the dog may have moved to his spot in the bed and Ron didn't want to disturb him. That's all I can think of.
Have a great day today.

Love and blessings to all to you today, JAN
Old 02-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNN, HOPE IT IS THE BEST ONE YET. AND MAY THIS COMING YEAR, BRING YOU ALL YOU WISH FOR.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Think we should start a new chat in March, what yall think? We are supposed to get some winter weather in the next 24 hours. They already called schools to start 2 or 3 hours late. Watch it just rain. But one thing about it, if it snows, I am not going out. Talk at ya later.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everone, I am starting a new thread on AGE IS JUST A NUMBER~WINTER BE GONE!~ Find it in THE GOLDEN YEARS
Please look for the new thread okay and don't post on this one!
Love to all!

Last edited by HawkeyeJR; 02-22-2013 at 06:58 AM..