Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Golden Years
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
Goiod morning Angels and blessings on all of us and our families.
Claire, it is Saturday, are you working today? Wrap up good. We are at 34 d after a low of 19.

Val, do you ever suffer from cramps in your legs when you were doing low carb and then ate sweets? Oh, they kill me. Have to start taking potassium. I have some in my car and in my purse. So when I cheat now, I prepare for it. I am off again. We are going to Raleigh today and will eat at IHOP or italian, but I had to get ready for it. Either is a carb castle. Normally I take a multi, vitamin d, and calcium in the form of tums. I just started to take a b12 in the morning. Dont know if it helps yet or not. Oh also a magnesium, after last weekend. I had a hard weekend. Need some calm in my life. Hope your weekend is good. Enjoy.
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msevon2 View Post
Goiod morning Angels and blessings on all of us and our families.
Claire, it is Saturday, are you working today? Wrap up good. We are at 34 d after a low of 19.

Val, do you ever suffer from cramps in your legs when you were doing low carb and then ate sweets? Oh, they kill me. Have to start taking potassium. I have some in my car and in my purse. So when I cheat now, I prepare for it. I am off again. We are going to Raleigh today and will eat at IHOP or italian, but I had to get ready for it. Either is a carb castle. Normally I take a multi, vitamin d, and calcium in the form of tums. I just started to take a b12 in the morning. Dont know if it helps yet or not. Oh also a magnesium, after last weekend. I had a hard weekend. Need some calm in my life. Hope your weekend is good. Enjoy.
Hi Evon, something to think about; I was doing low carb, then got caught eating some sweets, and I think it was around that time that I started getting the leg cramps. I went to the doctor's yesterday and told her about the cramps and that I started taking a magnesium tablet. She asked if that helped, and I told her yes, that they stopped completely. She said to keep tabs on the cramps, that if they come and stay and linger, I would need to get in touch with her. Re the potassium, I will eat either 1/2 or a whole banana a day, and I'm not sure, but there may be potassium in the multi-vitamin as well, I'll have to look at the label when I get home.

Had a great weekend; we cooked food dishes and then met at my DD's house where we all chowed down; there was so much food, made for some good eating!!

I have been craving chocolate like crazy; think I'll go over to CVS and get some SF candy and get a bit of fresh air at the same time, supposed to be in the 40s today -

Gotta run; love and hugs to all my Angels!! Val

I've got brand new knees, a wonderful Blessing from the Lord!!!

InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening Angels. I am still at work, but a little bored. Blessings on our angels and their families.

Hey Val. We had a nice day today, but it cold again tonight. It was near 60 when I was coming in to work. I turned my heat down to 60 when I left but might wish I had not. Wonder why doctor said if cramp came to stay to let her know. I told my doctor it was coming from my bp pills. They used to not help mybp come down either. This time I think bp is too low. But no cramps. I have noticed that if I eat a banana it will give me the cramp too. And I love them but try to stay away from them. Not had cramp lately and had lots of carbs over the weekend. I bought some ice cream. It was so good. I cant seem to stay on my diet right now. I was doing a fast today but it only lasted til 6 pm. but better than nothing. I went to bed early last night. My friend is having problems with his computer. We are getting closer. Who know what the future may bring. Not met him yet, but I told him we could meet half way and he said, no man. It is the mans job to call on the lady. He sounds like a good one. Bea came to work tonight and she had some candy her brother had made. It taste just like a tootsie roll. Hope your week is good. Talk at you later.

Hey to other Angel ghost. We are such a lively group. Hope all are doing well.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Evon, yeah, I'm wondering too, where is everyone?

I'm in the same boat, I'm having a hard time staying on the low carbs right now; I will start out with the best of intentions, and by the end of the day, it's terrible. Wonder if it's the weather or something, because I've been achy lately, no pep at all. I know that if I get back on an exercise regime that I will be more energetic, but by the time I get home, I don't have much time to do anything (if I exercise late, I can't sleep because my metabolism is up). Almost like a no win situation, but I've got to do something ... You did good on your fasting day - you skipped breakfast and lunch, turned your plate away, and that's awesome!!

My doctor said that because of my diabetes, it can affect the circulation system, so that's why I need to monitor if my leg cramps come and don't go away. I'm just on the onset of diabetes, but she's keeping an eye on it.

Glad to hear about your male companion; I love that he's nice and that he's a good one! With Valentine's Day approaching, this sounds great, sending positive and loving prayers your way that you two will be seeing each other very soon!!

Have to run; to all my Angels, pls come by and post when you can so we chat and find out how everyone's doing - love you all!! Val

Last edited by InTheLight; 02-06-2013 at 02:54 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Val. The candy last night just got me going. So I decided today to have a potatoe day. Much better. I still want to eat, but since I have a date for valentines I think it will help me to watch it. I need something. I feel so much better when I can stay on low carb. Dont know why it is so hard. My friend her at work is doing it too and she is keeping to it better than I am. She is diabetic and her numbers have been great lately too. I am so mad with my self. I had lost so much and gained 8 lbs back. I got to catch myself.
I understand you about the exercise too. I am not good at that lately either. I need to get back to going for a walk every day. I just hate to go by myself. It would be so nice if I had someone to walk with.

2 more days and the weekend will be here. Is this your 4 day work week? Hope you have a good evening.

prayer for blessings for all our angels and their families.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Evon, yes, this is my 4-day week - it's good that I was off last Monday, but on my 4-day week, I only get 1/2 hour for lunch, plus I have to add on an extra 15 minutes to the end of each day. But to be able to get a day off every other week for dr appointments, etc. without having to use my vacation leave is very nice, wouldn't trade it for anything!

Okay, so I was thinking of you yesterday evening - when I got home, hubby had made a bowl of egg salad, and I knew I had 2 heads of lettuce in the frig. So I thought, Evon and I have got to do this thing, we need to stay on plan and lose this weight. I had already drank good water yesterday at work (along with lots of carbs), so in a way, I was defeating my purpose of drinking all the water ... I had a bag of candy here at the office, and on the way home, I just threw it away!! Then when I got home, I did 1/2 hour on the bike, then went and packed my meals for today. Here's my menu:

B: Atkins chocolate shake, 2 slices of bacon, coffee
L: egg salad on a bed of lettuce
S: LC chocolate pudding cup
D: baked tilapia, brocolli (if we go out to eat) - if we stay home, I will stir fry some shrimp in butter w/diced fresh garlic, along with canned collard mixed greens - low sodium

I love your idea of a potato diet today; I may have to do one of those as well. What we put in our mouths to eat is something we can control. I am proof from my surgery recuperation journey that when you eat less, you lose weight. And if we cut carbs down, we can eat a bit more and still lose weight! I think I will stop by the grocers on the way home and pick up a big head of cabbage and make some LC cole slaw, and I've got some baked chicken thighs at home, I'll dice the meat up and make a chicken salad. Just on those two things, I will have plenty to munch on, and that's good eating!!

I need to be able to fit into that red dress for Valentine's, and you have plans as well, so we both have incentives to stay on plan. And I've got tickets to that comedy show on 2/17, then that dinner and concert in March - we can so do this; let's get serious and lose some weight!!

A big hello to all my other Angels Pray everything is well with you and that you are doing well on your diet plans - know that I love you all, TTYL!! Val

Last edited by InTheLight; 02-07-2013 at 07:52 AM..
Old 02-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Val, I am having another potatoe day today. I did eat protein for breakfast, eggs and bacon and cup of coffee with half and half. For lunch I had a sweet potatoe with cinnamon and for dinner I had 2 baked russets with fat free sour cream. Atleast I feel more in control. I just hope it pays off. Some of these people lost a lb a day on potatoes. I had not been good for the last few days before yesterday so I was swimming in fluid. I did weigh this morning so I could have a starting place. I am still less than I was on the week before christmas, when I was weighed at work. So maybe I can persevere. I wish us both luck. And I am not too hungry when I eat the potatoes. We have a snack machine and I visited it quite often the beginning of the week but not yesterday or today. So one obstacle overcome.

Good job of throwing the candy out. You can eat candy after your objective is met. Adnd we can do this. We can fight it today and tomorrow will take care of itself. We will not allow our selves to lose site of the prize. We will overcome this body that has no controll. We can do it. We will help each other. Thank you for being there.

Sending greetings to other angels. God bless us and our families.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: HawkeyeJR
Good morning everyone,

We are prepared for this historical snow storm that we are going to be going through today and tomorrow. In the Providence and Northern RI which is where I live, we are going to get anywhere from 24 to 36 inches. It is going to be one of the major storms to rival the Blizzard of 78 which was so bad. I am sure we will lost power by later today so I will be without heat and electricity. That's the bad part about having an all electrical home.
We are as prepared as we can possibly be so we will hunker down and hope and pray for safety till this dangerous storm is over.
Our plows and sanding trucks are ready to go and so is our electric company preparing for the storm to get us back up when we lose our power.
We can't be more prepared but you never know what will happen with a blizzard of this magnitude along with hurricane winds.
I am making tons coffee, can't live without that! We have plenty of milk and bread and a whole cooked turkey in the freezer which we can defrost as needed.
Please remember the NE and everyone that will be impacted by this storm.

Evon and Val, I hope you guys are doing well on your Atkins and Potato diet.
What is a potato diet? I get that you eat potatoes one day but what about the rest of the diet? I hope you guys are okay.
I think the rest of us are getting ready for the storm.

We'll be back when we can. I have so much to do today. Still making ice to keep my food cold. I am going to put it on my porch to keep some of it cold too. It's snowing like crazy already this morning.
Scott is working in Boston. I just heard they are shutting down Mass transportation so I hope he can get on a train home before they shut down. I wouldn't want to see him stranded in Boston although Heather's sister lives in Boston so he would have somewhere to stay, but I wouldn't want to see Heather home alone with the kids so I'm sure he will do his best to get home.

See you all after the storm. Love and blessing going out to everyone especially Lynn and Claire. Be safe my friends.
HawkeyeJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Lifting strong Angel prayers for you Jan, and for your family, and also for all my Angels who may be in the line of the snow/blizzards. May God put a tremendous shield of protection around you all, that you will be safe ... Jan, having an electrical home can be very serious if the power goes out; praying that the power stays on for you and for all of my Angel friends. Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God of Hosts who rules over heaven and earth, Lord, have mercy on them, in Jesus' Name, Amen ...
Old 02-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Everyone, We are buried in snow but at least we did not lose power. About 12 houses up the road from us have had no electricity since about 8:00 last night so to say we are lucky is an understatement. Thank you God for your blessings. Lynn is on FB so maybe she has power unless she is using a laptop. Nothing from Claire but I heard they have a lot of power outages in Central Falls. There are over 400,000 people in RI alone without power. The governor has put a ban on any travel on any and all roads in RI unless you have an emergency. The roads are so covered in snow the plows are having a hard time keeping up with the snow falling.
We have about 15 inches of snow sitting on our front door stoop. So when we open the door it is standing there right in our door ready to topple into the kitchen.
The wind was so bad last night it sounded like a hurricane.
Jason is outside snow blowing. He is having a really hard time. The blower is hardly moving and the snow is taller than the front of the blower. But he is trying to get through it little by little.

Val thank you for praying for your RI buddies. We all made out okay. Your prayer was so beautiful...thank you Val. You are a very special angel friend and we love you!

Thanking God with all my heart for keeping us safe during this major storm.
Sending prayers up for the 2 people who lost their lives during the storm. I don't know the details but heard that on TV this morning.

See you all later on today! Love and blessing to all of you on this wonderful day!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Jan, I am so glad to hear from you. On the news they said it was up to 30 inches in some places in your area. I saw where the governor of CT RI and MA choesed the interstates up there. Last night when I was working I had a lot of calls from NY and they wanted to know when they would have their stuff. I told him with the weather permitting should have in a week. Then they would tell me about the bad storm and how did they think ups would get to them? I just dont understand people sometime. I went to Garner with Amy and family today. They went to pick up some tvs they bought on line at best buy. I am so sleepy, but it is not in the cards. I am getting ready to color my hair for my valentine day date. Stay warm and take care of yourselves. Keep us informed. Praying for you.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Jan, did Scott make it home okay?
Old 02-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Evon, We have our driveway clean or at least as clean as Jason could get it.
There was so much snow there was no place to blow it. Our drive way is right behind our neighbor's fence so we had to keep it on our own property, we aren't allowed to throw it in the street or we will pay a big fine so we had only one place to pile it, on our front lawn. It took Jay an hour and a half last night to get the first foot out of the drive way and today it took him 4 hours to get the second 24 inches out of the driveways again. We have one driveway that goes all the way down and to the back of the house so that is like two driveways in one plus the one leading to the front door with is long enough for two cars plus.
He was totally exhausted.
There is still a ban in Woonsocket that we can't drive on the streets at all unless you are working for the city plowing or rescue and emergency trucks. So we are really snowbound till tomorrow at noontime. There are still some people without electricity but everyone I know has their electricity back.
When I got that email from Scott asking if we were all set and prepared it came from him work address in Boston but he was actually working from home that day because Fidelity knew the Boston transportation would be shut down. So I worried about him till he had a chance to call me later in the day.
Scott's neighbor let him borrow his snow blower to clear out his driveway so he was able to get his all cleaned out too. The poor Dude had no place to go out an pee. The snow was taller than the dog and his arthritis is so bad he couldn't go out till Scott shoveled a little spot for him right in front of the door to the backyard. Now we need some warmer weather and some sunny days to melt our huge mounds of snow.
Sorry those people were so impatient to get their orders delivered when there was nothing you could do about the mail situation.
Well have a good night Evon. Sleep tight!

Good night everyone, I am going to close my computer soon. See you all tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cl2gas_1
Stats: 258/254/225 1st goal
WOE: JUDDD 3/26/12
Start Date: 12/20/ 03
Hello Angels, my laptop is out of commission.. We lost power for 19 hours Sat and no cable until late Sunday.. So needless to say we were freezing and bored.. We had no plow on our street at all until Sunday morning.. Emile read his Kindle and I made a soup and did Plastic canvas.. I made Valentine Angels and St Patty Angels.. Monday I made Easter eggs and Easter Angels on a half shell as Emile called them.. If my laptop is gone for good.. I may just get a tablet.. But in the livingroom I liked my laptop..
My DD Lori's MIL passed away Friday.. She was 80.. She will be buried Wed. But Emile and I have a DR appointment Wed.. postponed from last Friday.. Hope we can make the wake tonight.. Did not work Sat.. Emile said there is about 6 ft of snow around the store.. Thwy have no offstreet parking so they cannot open..
Emile said the streets are in bad shape.. He went to the PO for me yesterday.. I had 2 packages to go out.. Business is slow.. Not selling anymore sheets of Plastic canvas.. To heavy and they were complaining at me selling them for 5/$3.00 inc shipping.. It cost me $5.80 to send out 15 sheets for $9.00 Made nothing on that deal..
Well Emile just went to the Family dollar to get cans of Chicken breast.. $2.00 One can makes a wonderful chicken soup.. >>I have to come up with something to close off the large livingroo door and shelves on same wall.. To keep the heat from the fireplace next time.. So we will have one warm room.. It stayed at 57 in the house with the FP going.. I am still feeling the cold.. but at least I am not walking around with hat, coat and my boots on..
I will get back later.. Have a good one.. Love you all.. <3 Claire
.2013 from260....257...200 here I come Everything takes time... Get this going Lord..
cl2gas_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Everyone,

Claire, I am sorry to hear that Lori's MIL passed away. I will pray for their family.
My computer is so slow lately it is driving me nuts. I hope you can get a new laptop or a tablet soon. What are you using right now? I bought a cheap tablet from China and it doesn't work very well at all. I don't like people who want everything so cheap. It's really isn't worth it to sell the stuff when you have to pay so much for shipping.
When I buy something for my girls in Texas, I order everything on line and have it shipped to their house. Sometimes they will ship it free or if I have it shipped to Walmart or Target Janine picks it up for me to save on postage.
I just sent them a couple of tee shirts for Valentines Day. I sent them a little box not long ago and it cost me $14.00 in postage. That's ridiculous!!!
Sometimes I will ask Janine to shop for me and then I send their cards and the money to pay for my purchase. That works out well too. She even wraps the gifts for me. She is a good DIL!
Well stay well and I hope you have a good week.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening Angels, and blessings on all angels and their families.

Jan, yall got so much snow. Has it started to melt yet. We were near 60's yesterday and today but supposed to be cooler tomorrow. I actually have on a short sleeve sweater today. I am going to take Bev to Sanford tomorrow to pick up her car. She called the wrong number and her car ended up down there, over 100 miles away instead of in Selma. Cost her over $300 just for the towing bill. She has the weirdest things happen to her. My valentine day date got put off for a week or so. Now he may be here for Jeremy's birthday party and get to meet the family. His birthday is 19th Maddy is 21st and Juanita is the 22nd. All the same week. Big span from 11 to 91. I heard there is more snow coming. Have you heard that. Hope they are wrong, for your sakes. Atleast you did not lose power.

Claire, sorry you did lose power. You do need to fix some way you can close off that door so you can stay in one room. But sometimes it is hard. My house is kind of like that. I could keep one room warm but it would be a bedroom and I only have electric heat so that would do no good. Heather and Barbara both have gas fire places. There was something wrong with Barbara's when she moved in. Dont know if they ever got it fixed or not. But one thing about it. I have enough blankets and comforters to keep me warm with out electric. Glad it did not make you sick. And you could still do your project, atleast in the day time. I can imagine the snow piled up. I went to Va one day and they had it piled up around the parking lot and seemed like it was 12 ft high or higher. Then that takes ages to ever thaw. But we could get in the mall and shop. We might make another trip, since jcp went back to their old ways. Take care.

Waving to Lynn and Val, and Becky
Old 02-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Angels, Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

So sorry to hear about all the problems from that powerful snowstorm we had; know that I'm praying for you ... It wasn't from any storm, but my DD is having a time staying warm in her new house. Unfortunately, the inspector didn't do his job completely, and neglected to see that she had a large amount of sludge in her oil heater, so now she's not able to get the previous owner to repair/clean it. Hubby has a coworker who works on oil heaters, and he's been coming out to her house several times to see what he can do to restore the heat. He has recently ordered another part for it, and it's just been a long process. She is located further away from us now, but we told her to come on over whenever she wants, and she has done that, but it can't be frequent since she has to get grandson back and forth to school in the morning. They are currently using heaters, but they are good for just a room or two, not the whole house. They are calling for dropping temps this weekend, so we told her to just come on over and stay with us.

I'm not doing good on my diet, not like I should be. But I have been exercising, so I'm proud of myself for that. Did a good 45 minutes on the bike on Tuesday, and I plan to do the same tonight, get about 30 minutes in. Hubby and I are going to enjoy a delicious meal tonight, carry-out and then enjoy at home!! It's the jumbo lump crab cake dinner, and I'm looking forward to eating it too! That restaurant is going to be so crowded, and this way, we can just be comfortable at home, relaxed, and enjoy our meal.

I pray that God continues to Bless you in a wonderful and mighty way - I'm a witness that He specializes in those kinds of Blessings! Know that I will always love my Angels!! Val

Last edited by InTheLight; 02-14-2013 at 12:21 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening Angels, blessing on all of us and our families.

No snow here. But it is cooler here again. I have had a memorial valentines day. Marty called me at 6:05 am this morning. Got a lot of valentine emails from friends and family. Then I had to go to pick up Bev and take her and me to work. Had not been there long, when I went to share something with my coworker and the computer cable ended up around my ankle and I went straight down. Marie told me to stay still and she was calling 911. But I told her I did not want to go to the hospital because I would have to pay that 1000.00 er fee. so I finally got myself up. Both knees were bloody and the right one was swelling and turning black, so knew it was blood inside. After i got up, my back was hurting and then my arm and then my neck, on top of my knee. So Nick finally got there and I talked him into taking me to my doctor. Come to find out, that is where our workers comp is also. Took forever but finally when the exrays were over, I got the diagnosis. I had broken my patella which is another part of the knee, so now I have 3 breaks, all in the same knee. The other was okay. The elbow was not broke, but she found out it has been broken in the past. So I am just falling apart. We got bacck to work around 5 and I came home. Had a hard time getting out of the car, that knee does not want to go straight and dont want to bend. Now that I have been sitting at the computer a while I am getting stiff. So when i have to get up and move, it is slow going. But this too shall pass. I am off tomorrow and have to go get a knee stabilizer. I was going to take my car in but guess not now. Got to go get something else on. I am getting cold again. Talk later. I am giving up sugar and artificial sweetner for lent, it hurts too. have a good night, my angel valentines.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

OMG, Evon, as I read, my mouth dropped and I teared inside for you... What a horrible thing to have happen; I know you must have been scared and frightened, wish I could have been there to help you ... I am so sorry you went through that, and I know what you mean about having to pay those ridiculous fees for emergency care. I'm praying for you, praying hard ... Take the pain pills to ease the discomfort, and start this healing journey knowing that our Lord Jesus will be right there by your side, because He loves you and you are His Child ... Many, many hugs to you ...
Love, Val
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Angels, came by to share something that I plan to start doing - I had been reading about it on the main boards for some time now, that many of the LC members have done this at one time or another. Starting next week and on, for several days each week, I plan to do IF (intermittant fasting). For me, it is not just to help with my weight, but also to begin a journey of being even closer to the Father, to spend time in prayer and communion through fasting, to hear His Voice and direction even more clearly, all of that.

There are things in my life that need prayer, and the Bible says that many issues cannot come out but through fasting and prayer. It will be a time of rededicating my life to Him, and to do what He wants me to accomplish, being careful to make sure He gets all the Praise and Glory for what He is doing for me. With this being a time of Lent and with Easter coming up very soon, this is something that I know I must do now. Since I take medications in the morning, I have to have nourishment when taking them, so on my IF days, I plan to drink a shake to take care of that.

I knew that once I made this decision, I had to share it with my Angels ... Love you all, may you have a Blessed day today on purpose, in Jesus' Name!! Val

Last edited by InTheLight; 02-15-2013 at 08:19 AM..
Old 02-16-2013, 06:40 AM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everyone,

Evon, my heart is breaking for you and your pain right now. I will pray that God will bless you and heal you quickly. Be careful trying to walk on that leg till you can get that knee stabilizer to wear. You could do more damage to it. I can't understand why the doctor would let you go home without one. $1,000 for going to the ER is outrageous. We have to pay $150 and I thought that was high. Yikes!
Is anyone staying with you to help you get around? If I were closer to you I would come and stay to help you out.
You just never know when something like this will happen. I am so sorry that it happened to you! You will be in my thoughts and prayers till you are fully healed.

Evon and Val we got so much snow that it was ridiculous! We didn't lose our power so that was a Godsend for us. We still have a lot of snow in our yard and on the side of our driveway but our roads are finally pretty clear. The snow plowers had a hard time cleaning us out, the snow was so high even the plows were getting stuck in the snow and a lot of equipment broke down so it too several days till a lot of the side streets were even plowed.
My niece was with out electricity till Tuesday and they were freezing. They live in the country and the plows hadn't gone out there so they were snowbound.
I was so happy for them when they got their heat and lights back.
Claire was without electricity for 17 hours, which is a long time too.
It is snowing right now as I am posting. I haven't checked the forecast to see what we have in store for us with this storm, but it won't be that bad. I heard 6 to 8 inches but that was yesterday so it could have changed by now.
I just fed all the birds and squirrels before the snow get too deep for them to find food.

By now you must all know that Brock, Janine and the girls are coming home next week on the 25th. They are driving down. Brock didn't want the girls on a plane. He feels safer driving them up here. I am praying that they don't run into any blizzards along the way either going or coming.
It will be so wonderful to see them again, especially Kaitlyn! She was just a little baby when they left and now she is such a big girl. I hope she won't be shy with us. Jillian can't wait to see everyone. She has quite a few cousins in RI and CT. Please pray for them to have a safe trip both here and back home.
It will be hard to say goodbye to them again when their visit is over.

Val, I hope you do well on that IF diet that you are doing. I have never heard of it but I will check it out if I get a chance today. If it doesn't stop snowing I won't be going far today!
I know your fasting will bring you closer to God and I admire you for doing that. I prayed so hard this morning for Shannon this morning. She is always at the top of my list. I know God has a plan for her and that she will be okay but I wish it would happen a little faster. It is hard for a mom to see one of your kids struggling with any situation especial a health problem.
I won't give up hope. I know God is by our side through all of this and we well all be stronger because of our struggle. We all have our crosses to bear. Praise to the Lord he will make this right.

Ron woke me up at 5:30 this morning. He fell out of bed again. He hasn't done it in such a long time. My heart was pounding out of my chest till I saw that he was okay. I worry more now because he has that pacemaker and I am afraid something will come disconnected. He got back in bed and fell asleep again but I couldn't so I got up early and had a cup of coffee.
For a while he was falling out of bed two or three time a week, but he hasn't done that in such a long time I thought it was over.

Well I am going to get something for breakfast. I have been up a long time and I am hungry. I will talk to you later. I will check in more frequently to get updates on Evon. God bless all of us with good health, rapid healing, or whatever it is we may need. Love, JAN :a prayer:
Old 02-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Angels from beautiful snow covered North Carolina. We have an inch or so. The roads are not bad yet, but when the temps get down to the 20's it will happen. Blessings on all the angels and our families. God is faithful and will provide.

Val, thanks for the prayers. I think God heard them and I do feel better. My knee still hurts, but most of my other ailments are mostly over. I took 2 aspirin today but it was after 3pm. I wish you well on your IF. Have you thought of what kind you will do? Will you low carb and fast, or will you do low cal and fast? Will you do every other day or will you do multi days in a row? I dont know what to do. I have been doing low carb but it is not really working for me this time. 4 days and only 2 lb. So when I got hungry this afternoon, I put on 2 russett potatoes and had then. I had fatfree sour cream and steak seasoning on them. They were so good. I tried the potatoe hack a couple weeks ago. Did it 3 days and lost 3 lbs. I used to get those results from atkins. So dont know why not this time. I gave up artificiial sweetner and sugar for lent, but I broke it today. I ate a piece of butterscotch. But am trying to stay off the artificial sweetner. I was just drinking too much and think it was affecting me.

Jan I am glad the snow is going away. Are you expecting more today. It is pretty and was big flakes but I will be glad when it is gone. I am leary of going down the steps without snow. So I am really stuck inside with that out there. And it is getting colder too. Amy and Heather and maddy and Dylan and michael came over last night. Heather came back this morning and brought me some food to tide me over. She stayed til 3:30. It was funny. I told her I had been listening to this book and had to keep going back to listen to it again because it kept putting me to sleep. So she was on her tablet and I turned it on again. Then I lost my place so turned it off. A little later, she said why did you turn off the book, so I turned it back on. We both went to sleep. So she wants to listen to it after I finish it. She also brought me some more books. Barbara came over yesterday morning. She got the walker out of the barn for me. I could have really used it on Thursday night. Not hardly today. Well need to go put my knee up again now. I am happy the kids are coming home. Is that for Easter? The time of new beginnings. Early this year.

Take care all angels, and look out for those computer cords.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Evon, I am so happy you are feeling better. Just take it easy and use the walker to keep your weight off your bad leg.
We re supposed to get 6 to 8 inches tomorrow. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. It's supposed to be a coastal storm so Lynn may have more snow then I will or Claire will.

Take care of yourself and keep in touch!! Love ya, JAN
Old 02-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening Angels! Wanted to check on you Evon, and I'm so glad to hear you are doing better, Amen! But know that as with all falls, it will take time to heal, so please don't overdo, just get the rest you need and let the housework go if you have to - just know that even though you are not in as much pain, there are still things inside that will take time to fully recover - our God is an Awesome God, isn't he??

Jan, we haven't gotten a bit of snow, or at least no more than an inch, but you have gotten so much; please be careful in it, but sounds like with all that snow, you have been pretty much snowbound. Thanks for letting us know about Claire in that she got a lot of snow too, had been thinking about her and Emile - February can be so tricky; here in DC, we have had cold temps, then warm temps in the 50s, so just waiting for spring - please be safe! Know that I will be praying for Ron as well, my BIL has a fibrillator, and he went in about a month ago and had to get it replaced because it had been jolting his heart so many times. He's doing fine, traveling and all that. Praying for Ron to be safe in getting out of bed, Amen ...

I went to the neighborhood department store and got one of those stepper things; I had one before, but I think I gave it away to goodwill because I was having trouble with it before my surgery with my bad knees. And this one was a bargain, cheap for what I had been seeing online, so I'm happy about that. It came with a DVD that gives a very good workout, so I'll be giving that a whirl, incorporating it with my bike and hula hoop.

Evon, re the intermittant fasting, I have been eating this weekend, but not a huge amount, preparing myself. I will be doing the IF on Monday and also on Wednesday, and on those days, it will be an Atkins shake and/or perhaps the broth of the prepared no water added soup, but mostly water, with no eating of food, juices, like that. On the other days, I will eat but with IF, it has the tendency to shrink the stomach, so plan to eat normal on the other days, incorporating exercise. On my IF days, I won't exercise, it will be my time to worship and pray and seek God's Face, talk with Him, study His Word, and listen as He talks to me. I used to fast before, and found it to be a very spiritual experience -

Well, time to turn in, I plan to go to the 10 o'clock service tomorrow morning, then going to the comedy show in the afternoon; good night my Angels, and sleep tight, in Jesus' Name, Amen - Love you all!! Val

Last edited by InTheLight; 02-16-2013 at 10:25 PM..
Old 02-17-2013, 05:23 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Angels from beautiful snow covered NC. I dont know how much we ended up with but i did read that it turned around and came back and started to snow at midnight again last night. I thought no way, but when I looked out, my driveway is covered and even under the trees where it has not had snow was covered, see no ground. And the trees have snow on their branches. It is pretty. It is 28 degrees and most of the churchs are closed.

Jan, I am sorry to hear that Ron has started falling out of the bed again. I think you need to talk to his doctor. Maybe it is something to do with the pacemaker or he could be having something going on that startles his body Might better get it checked out. I rememberr you have not said anything about it in quite a while. It is always something isnt it?

Val, I want to get an exercise bike and been looking, but guess that is on hold now. Did you get snow yesterday. You said you had an inch, but was that from this storm? I went to bed last night. I did not know if I could or not, but my butt is tired of being set on. I did make it and slept for about an hour and woke up and had to move. I was in so much pain, so not trying that again for a while. It was just past midnight when I moved back to the recliner. I am already tired of being in this prison. But that is not helping. I had some eggs and cheese and a protein shake for breakfast yesterday. I made the shake with the last of my almond breeze. It was very good. I should have frozen it and made like ice cream out of it. Then did the potatoes for the next 2 meals. The lunch was baked with sour cream and last night I did cubed and boiled with a little onion in it and then put the sour cream in it. It was like a fine soup. Very good. When I got on the scale this morning, nada. Maybe I will be limited in exercise but think I will pick up the weights. who knows if that will help or not. Atleast the rest of my body has quit hurting (cept the butt). You going to church this monring. Guess that depends on several things dont it. The snow, the cold, the black ice, etc. My daughter has a stepper, but think I have not seen it lately. She went back to the bike, and she does the walk away the pounds most days. Eliz and I did it the day before Valentines. Guess that is out now. Good luck on your fast. I feel good on the fast days. Not done one in a while. Might try one today.

Have a good day my friends. Blessings on all of us and our friends.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning my sweet, sweet Angel friends,

Val, we have just about gotten to a place where the mounds of snow were only a couple of feet high and today it is snowing like crazy and will continue till 7:00 tonight. We are supposed to get 6 to 8 inches from this storm.....not bad for NE! We will make it through okay. Thank God is is only a small storm and not another monster storm!
I live on a main highway so our street always gets plowed first so if I look out my window right now I can see some of the pavement in the road.
I forgot to by milk yesterday but I have some powdered milk ready for these special occasions. I will mix up some of that and add it to the milk I have left.
One thing about living in NE is that we are always prepared for the worse!
Your fasting program sounds very good. I am so happy you got another stepper. That combined with your bike should give you a pretty good workout.
I've been thinking of going back to Atkins for a while. I really do hate counting points and keeping track of everything that goes into my mouth. It very time consuming. God bless you today and always!

Good morning Evon, you better stay in till the snow is gone. The last thing you need to do is fall on your already injured knees and elbow. Be very careful even in the house not to overdo and hurt your bad knee.
Evon, last night I made his bed so that he had to sleep diagonally on it. He didn't fall out last night thank God! Hopefully it was a one time thing and he will go back to staying in bed. But when I hear that big kaboom during the night I almost have a heart attack, I get so scared. He is 68 and not in good health with a pacemaker so when he falls I worry. He seems to be just fine. A little sore but nothing more than that.
Evon any exercise you can do with hand weights sitting count for burning calories so continue doing that. Sorry about your sore butt but nothing you can do about that except to sit on a soft pillow maybe???
Well God bless you with a speedy recovery my little soul sister and please be careful not to hurt yourself when you do have to get up and walk. Love you!!

BTW!!! Where are all the other angels this week? We miss hearing from you! Have a great day everyone. Lynn and Claire, be careful if you have to go out driving in this storm and I hope we get less than expected and not more.
Love and many blessings to all, JAN
Old 02-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening Jan. So is it still snowing? How much they say you got this time? Dont think we had but a couple inches, but the wind blew so hard, i have no idea. Not listened to the news. Heather called me this afternoon and said she was going to the store and did I need anything. I told her my mouse has stopped working, so she and Tyler came by on the way and looked at what kind of end was on it. They brought me back my 1st wireless mouse. It is kind of neet. Took me a few minutes to get the hang of it though. Tyler installed it for me. Then he worked on my tablet. I wanted solitaire on it and could not get into my account so he fixed that by opening another account and downloading solitaire for me. I got to remember to write down the combination because I have one email adress with the password from the other email address. Then I told Heather i thought I was going to have to get another thing for my knee. When I put on the other one, It was too long. And it did not bend one bit, so would put it on on the couch, and then could not get up off the couch. When I went to potty, I coudl not sit down with that thing so had to take it off. So she went back to the store and got another that works a lot better. It has a hinge but still supports. She also brought dinner back and Jeremy beat her back and we all ate together. Tomorrow is presidents day and everybody has to work. Things sure have changed since we went to school. I am still trying to figure out how you made the bed up so ron has to sleep diagonal. I usually sleep that way any how. I do have a thick pilllow in my relcliner on top of the tufted bottom. So guess i will just have to learn to live with a sore butt. I did put another pillow in my desk chair so got 2 in it now. Feel like princes and the pea. My bed is like that too. I have the thick mattress and box springs, and then a 4 " memory foam mattress topper on top of that. I just about have to crawl on it. Heather brought back bbq sandwiches and fried chicken and slaw and hushpuppies. I did not eat chicken but after they left, I finished the hushpuppies. Another one of my trigger foods. Think I will do a fast day tomorrow and then start back on atkins on tuesday. Maybe it will work for me this week. I got up this morning and my bp was 91/41. When I look back over my record, it was almost the same thing 2 weeks ago today. Wonder what it is about Sundays. Since it was so low, I did not even take a bp pill today. Will do every other day til it starts to go up more. Hope you and Ron get a good nights sleep again tonight. Talk at you later.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everyone,

Evon, our snow turned out to be nothing much. We got about 2 inches of snow. So we dodged a bullet on this one. It was so windy though. We had the same storm I think. Jason had to snow blow the one foot of snow and ice that the plows dumped in front of our two driveways from plowing all day but that was it. I don't know if it will melt today but the sun is already out so it may melt what's in the driveway.
How are you feeling this morning? I am happy your family is taking such good care of you. I'm happy Heather found a better knee brace for you too.
It is so hard to get comfortable when you have to sit all day. That's what was happening to me when my arm was broken. I had to sleep in my recliner for a long time and it was awful. My butt hurt almost as much as my arm...well that is an exaggeration, nothing ever felt as bad as when I broke that arm.
But my surgeon did a great job putting that titanium brace round the two pieces of the bone to keep it together. It doesn't give me any trouble at all. The only thing is when the weather is bad my 6 inch scar gets so itchy it drive me insane and I can feel the brace and the 4 screws when I press on my arm. It's kind of weird!
I wonder why your BP is going so low sometimes. I would keep an eye on that.
Well have a nice day today and I hope you see even a small improvement in how you are feeling. My love and prayers are with you little buddy! Love, JAN
Old 02-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Evon, I forgot to tell you, Ron did not fall out of bed again. Sleeping diagonally works for him.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #90
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lynnjp
Stats: 273/179/150
WOE: Began JUDDD 3/18/12 UD1600 DD 490
Start Date: 4/28/2001
I sure do hope you all remember me-it has been MUCH too long since I have checked in with you folks-I think of you all daily and honestly mean to check in here but something always come up and I end up with tons of stupid things to do s0 today I read the entire thread to see how things were in your lives and am committed to checking in at least weekly~~ Things have been very busy-Janet's wedding (Bruce's daughter) is in a month-she is getting married on St Paddy's day so I have been busy helping her with planning. The storms have thrown a huge wrench into many things I had planned so far-we got about 18 inches down here with the first one-NEVER lost power which was amazing as folks all around us were without it for 5 days!! Just got another five inches the other day-I am ready to move somewhere warm and am getting VERY tired of shoveling both this house and the old house out. Hoping to get that on the market some time in April and I pray it is sold quickly. I have been eating everything in sight-I had been doing so well on JUDDD and now have put it all back on again and am back at 175 UGH-just hate the up and downs and jut when I am doing well I mess up and get right back to where I was before. Been thinking of going back on Atkins but I still am not ready to commit to any plan to be honest.

Evon-OMG my friend-that fall and your injuries had me tearing up!!! I do hope that you heal completely VERY quickly and am happy to hear that Heather is helping you out in such a tough time MANY hugs and prayers coming your way for healing

Jan-I bet you can not wait to see those little ones when they get to RI-it is so darn hard having our grand babies so far away-I think that Kaitlyn will be fine as she sees you on Skype so she will recognize you -I know that Dawn worked hard to make sure that Amber knew who we were and am sure that Janine and Brock do the same with your two beautiful girls~~how long will they be here for???
Val-sounds like you are sure keeping up with your workouts-I have a small stepper here too that I use on occasion-are you still working out at Curves as well as at home? Best of luck to you with the IF-I can not do it-I get too weak and with my epilepsy I need a certain amount of food every day to keep my system in balance or I get very shaky and seizure like.
Claire-hope that the business picks up for you-so many folks are struggling now and people want things for next to nothing so it must be tough to make a living online. Hope that you and Emile are feeling well and made out well at the doctors and I am so sorry to hear about your DD's MIL-that is very young to pass!!
Becky-just read where you have been diagnosed with the flu-hope that your recovery is a quick one and that the girls do not come down with it~~

JUDDD 3/18/12 180 pounds 6/27 166 9/17 161

Link to my photos
http://community.webshots.com/user/lynnjc
lynnjp is offline   Reply With Quote