Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cl2gas_1
Stats: 258/254/225 1st goal
WOE: JUDDD 3/26/12
Start Date: 12/20/ 03
Morning all, I am waiting to go to work.. My sister will not be with me today.. She went to another promotion cceremony for her youngest son.. He was promoted to Captain in the CF police dept. Now she has a fire chif, a police Capt, an FBI agent who right now is serving in Afghanistan on his 4 tg tour and a computer geek for one of the big companies..I quess it was too much excitement for her..
I am trying to get off Listia.. They have to decide.. Ir is making me too nervous.. Well talk to you later.. Off to work I go..
.2013 from260....257...200 here I come Everything takes time... Get this going Lord..
cl2gas_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: HawkeyeJR
Hi Everyone, It's been a while. Poor Shannon has had for flu for a while now and is just miserable. She just went to a walk in clinic with Jason to see if they can help her. She thinks she may have gotten pneumonia. I hope they put her on an antibiotic or something to help her.
I got sick this week too and was in bed for 2 days. I am feeling much better now but every night my temperature comes up to a low grade temp but my head pounds like I have a high temp.
Please keep Shannon in your prayers ill she feels better okay?
See needs our angels surrounding her and sending up prayers for her.

Val, Youza...youza. I think Kenny may feel a bit jealous of his beautiful new and slim wife. Good for you! I like that picture of both of you too. You are a beautiful couple and I don't think he has to worry.
I hadn't been losing too well for the past month but since I got the flu from Shannon I lost 4 pounds. I'm sure now that I have started to eat I will gain it back quickly.

Evon, I can't wait till I can just walk out of my back door and to my clothesline.
I love the smell of outside drying. There is nothing like it and it saves so much on electricity too. Especially during the summer month when the pool filter is eating up electricity we need to cut out as much as possible on other things.
I will be part of the singing Angels for sure...Just sign me up.

Claire, I am happy for you and your new auction venture. I may have seen it but I never put anything up or bid on anything. Maybe it's not even the same site.
I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself when you fell! We got an emergency call from my Aunt Anna the other day, actually the day before I came down with the flu and she said she had falling and couldn't get up so could we go and help her. Buy the time we got there we could hear her crying from outside the door but I didn't have a key to get in. So the poor thing crawled to the door to let us in. I was so scared when I saw how pale she was. She was shaking from head to tow and at one point passed out cold on us. I had already called the rescue and they got there right after she woke up again. I put cold compresses on her head, neck and chest and she finally came to. Ron and I both thought she had died when she fainted.
My cousin finally arrived just as they were taking her to the hospital so she was able to go with them. They did all kind of tests and they all came back okay. She was dehydrated and having a terrible panic attack. They found nothing else wrong. No broken bones and her CT Scan came back okay.
What a terrible day.
Claire there are so many diets out there that contradict every other diet. I don't know which way to turn anymore.

I just called Jason's phone and he said they just took Shannon in to the examining room.They left here at about 11:30. He said the place is packed with sick people. She will call me when she gets out.

Becky, how is Guinie? I didn't hear where she passed away but she sounded really close to death the last time I read anything about her.
Is she still with you.
I have been consumed with taking care of Shannon first and now myself. I did say a prayer for you today like I said I would for whatever it is you need right now.

Lynn, I know you have been busy with the holiday company and all your holiday feasts Your home is lovely. I love all the pictures of everyone. You are lucky to have such a big, beautiful family.

Well I am going to make Ron something to eat so I will be back later.

Have a great day everyone. Love and blessings to all of you.
HawkeyeJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Well hope Shannon got some meds and is on the road to recovery you also of course.. As for my fun time on Listia.. It has ended.. I was not sleeping at night.. Was getting very nervous .. And the bids were not even going to pay for the shipping.. So I had to beg out.. They went to their board and actually disqualify me..Because once you get bids..you are in it until the auction has a winner. So very grateful.. I was having fun finding my stuff to put up.. But I am to old for this stuff anymore..
My Jimmy brought me the twin platform bed he made me for my spare room.. Where I set up my craft table. Now I have to buy some twin sheets.. And there are none coming in at the store wouldn't you know..
I am going to buy 2 storage boxes to store stuff under the bed..
Yes, Val.. looking good..
Emile goes for his colonoscopy tomorrow..
Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

I know my post ended abruptly yesterday.. But they said (the powers that be) that I had already sent that message.. ..Ok They were snooping I guess and maybe I repeated myself.. Hope you all have a great week.. Love you all.. Claire
Old 01-14-2013, 02:36 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Just a quick stop before info to work.

Jan, Guinie passed last night wjolrnjohn was at Applebee's. we were only gone around an hour and when we got back she was gone. Since then little Miss Mia has become my buddy. Last night she was playing with my yarn as I worked on a scarf for Alyssa, I think she was trying her best to cheer me up. She's been on the bed, she's usually a loner but I think she needs me as much as I need her. I told Guinie before we left that I would be ok and that Mia would take care of me. She fought a good fight and she will be remembered as the one of the most gentle, easy going kitties I have had the pleasure of sharing my life with.

Sorry to run, stopped by to see how everyone was and saw Jan's post. I'll be back tomorrow with an update on my mother. She's having surgery tomorrow to relieve pressure in her right eye for glaucoma,

Low my angels, everyone have a nice day!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:27 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everyone,

Claire, They gave Shannon a steroid nasal spray and said it didn't look like she had an infection so no antibiotic. She still looks and feels like crap.
I still feel like crap too and today I feel like I have a kidney stone on my left side. It hurts a lot. OMG! We need some prayers in this house.
Ron has a doctor's appointment this morning and I don't feel like going with him but he doesn't know what's going on with his own body and he can't hear or remember what the doctor tells him.
So I have to jump in the shower and go with him.
I will keep Emile in my prayers for a good outcome on his colonoscopy. I hope everything goes well for him today.
They have some nice under the bed boxes now that have wheels on them. Hope you find some nice sheet soon.

I have to get into the shower now. Ron just came out. See you all later.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/205/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! May 2013
Good morning Angels! I see that a lot has been going on, and that Angel Prayers are needed urgently!! Placing your requests before the Throne; our Lord says that His Yoke is easy, burdens are light ...

I'm doing good, have kept the pic of hubby and me together on FBook, and that makes him smile! I haven't stepped on the scale in a while, but I can tell that when I do get on it, it will have inched up some more, I know I've gained a few more! I did my bike for about 40 minutes on Saturday, but what I'm doing is not enough. I have to incorporate the hula hoop as well for cardiovascular and core strength. I have decided to do a 2-week induction just to get a good jump-start, so I'll get the food and shakes and stuff I need, and plan to start it in a few days. I've got eggs at the house for angel eggs, so I'll get chicken and tuna for salads, and lettuce and stuff like that; I need to get a handle on this now!

Becky, so sad to hear about Guinie ... Not in our knowledge or understanding, but in God, we have to trust ... Know that my Eisen boy was there to meet her at Rainbow Bridge - when they stop eating (Eisen did the same), it is nature's way that it was time. Blessings in that you had the chance to know her and love her, Amen ...

Jan, sorry to hear that Shannon and yourself were sick, and still going through ... Lifting healing prayers and hugs to you both - terrible thing about the flu is that it has to run its course, and it's no fun. I heard that the flu epidemic has been terrible so far this year, so sorry you both had to deal with it; lifting prayers for Ron as well ...

Claire, know that your Angels will be lifting prayers for Emile for his colonoscopy - that's something that I need to get done, and will go and get it scheduled within the next month or two (had to wait for me to get my lump hours of sick leave, they give it to us every January) - Love and hugs to you as well my friend!

Big hugs and hellos to all my Angel friends - have a great day in Jesus, on purpose!! Val

I've got brand new knees, a wonderful Blessing from the Lord!!!

Last edited by InTheLight; 01-14-2013 at 09:23 AM..
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Everyone, I don't know if you saw my FB page but I have a kidney stone coming down and I was beginning with a UTI from it. They are very sharp so I had classic blood and white blood cells in my urine. I also have a sinus infection and fluid in my ears. My temp was up again tonight. I just took my Tylenol about an hour ago and feel much better.
The antibiotics especially the sulphur for the UTI infection really make me sick to my stomach.
I've been eating a lot of toast, and oatmeal and chicken soup. But I feel kind of weak so tonight I had a hamburger patty without the bun. I was going to make a vegetable with it but I was too tired after making the hamburgers to bother with a vegetable.
Shannon isn't feeling that much better yet either.
She went to the mall with her hubby tonight, he bought her a gift. She loves it!

Val a 2 week induction should take off those couple of pounds you gained. You can do this. I will pray for your success. Thank you for all the prayers you say for all of us here. They are so appreciated.
Brock was sick all week and went to the doctor today too. It's like the whole country is sick.
Well I am going to sit in my comfortable chair and watch TV for a while. We have been going to bed earlier since I've been sick.

Claire, did you hear from your doctor about Emile's colonoscopy yet Hope it was perfect!

Have a great night everyone. Love and blessings going out to all.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Morning Angels, it has not been such a great morning.. Emile was sick all night and I started early this morning.. We may be fighting over the toilet today.. I just got up and took only a sponge bath this morning.. No pep.. Emile test was fine..No pollips. We had eye Dr appointment for tonight.. Emile canceled already.. I am going to cut this short.. Not feeling to well.. Love you, Claire..
Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you Val! I brought Guinie home yesterday. She has a pretty cedar box that I chose for her and a place for her picture. I have a brass place to get engraved. There's room for Mia in the box and when it's my time, Guinie and Mia will be buried in my casket with me.

Kim went to get Lyssie from school and then she'll bring her back to me, Kim has a 1 hour massage to do. Gracie will spend the night since she's appointed herself to be our little Thursday night sleepover buddy!

I'll try to get back tomorrow.
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Good afternoon everyone,

I am feeling better so I am grateful for God's blessings today. I am also grateful that even though Shannon hasn't been feeling better I talked her into going to get checked out at a different clinic and they found her to have a sinus infection and bronchitis. So she finally has medication and an inhaler. Hopefully with some home and prayers she too will be feeling better soon.

Claire, I am so sorry about you and Emile being sick and having to take turns on the thrown all day. That sucks! But with that said......:jumpjoy : I am so happy that Emile had no polyps in his colon!!! That God once again! That is great news. So now concentrate on getting well and rest and relax as much as you can. Love you guys!

Becky, I have my precious dog Baby on my hallway table with her beautiful picture on the front of it and when.... and I hope it's not for many years we lose CJ he will be cremated too. And of course they will be smuggled in with Ron or I when that times comes.
These are our children and we treat them as such. The cats are are all buried together in our backyard though. There are so many of them but at least they are all together with the mice, ferrets, birds, fish, my dad's big husky, hamsters and an iguana. Quit a big cemetery we have in our yard.
I am so happy to hear you have a new sweet little girl. How nice of you to name her after Claire's granddaughter Mandy.
She is such a little cutie pie. Looks like she will grow into her big eye and her beautiful pointed ears with good nutrition from her new mams.
I am so happy for you!! Love ya, JAN

Well I will be back later. If you are well Thank God and if you are not I will be praying for all of you.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everyone and blessing going out to all of you today. I just sent all of you a video via email of a beautiful little 8 year old girl Rhema Marvanne. She wrote the song she is about to sing and it is so beautiful. I had to share it with everyone. I know you will enjoy it. She is truly one of God's angels on earth.

My poor Ronnie woke up at 3:00 a.m. yesterday feeling so nauseous. He was sweating and weak and I was very worried about him. He was dry heaving till finally after taking a long nap in the afternoon, everything came up at about 5:00 pm.
He drank only ginger ale and had 3 saltines all day and this morning he is much better. Thanking God he is okay.

Claire, you and Emile must have what Ron had. I hope you both feel better today. The poor guy looked pitiful! Get well soon!!

Well I have to get going it is getting late and I have many things to do.
Love to all and have a great day.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

G'afternoon Angels.

Jan, Alyssa and Gracie both had that last week, don't ask me how Kim and I escaped it but I'm glad we did. Claire, I hope you and Emile feel better soon. I hear that stuff is wicked and sometimes seems to hang on. My girls were down with it for 3 days for Lyssie and 1 for Gracie.

Mandy is so cute, she is full of P&V!!!!

Ordered Chinese delivery... Steamed chicken and mixed veggies for me. Mmmm, with lots of my own lemon!

I
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
Good evening Angels. Sorry to hear about the sick. Blessing on all and the angels and our families. I am finally over mine. And had had it from the week before Christmas til this week. Not all of it. But the cough lasted. Finally I tried something I had read about a while ago and put vicks vaporrub on the bottom of my feet and put on socks and went to bed. It got better the 1st night. Put more on the next morning. Then before bed that night and 1 more day and it took care of it. It was warmer today so got out and wrapped one of the faucets. We are supposed to get down to 20 a night or 2 this week. Still got to do the front one. How do yall protect yours?

Between the exams and mlk holiday schools have been out since Thursday and they dont go back til wed so Heather, Tyler and I are going to IHOP on tuesday. Were going Monday but Tylers ortho called and reminded them of his appt.

things are mostly well around here. I been doing good on my eating and until yesterday. Dinner tonight is homemade veggie soup and cheese toast on homemade bread. tomorrow will be a down day and after tuesday, I will go back to low carb.

I may not post, but I do read. Most of the time I am at work and cant reply and then when I get home, Stryker calls me. So Keep on being good. Love yall
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Angels! Continuing to lift prayers for my Angels and their families who have been sick with the flu, and Jan, lifting prayers for that kidney stone as well, they are very painful for both men and women (hubby has had his share of those horrible things as well). Claire, glad to hear that Emile's colonoscopy showed no polups; I need to go on and get mine scheduled, probably next month. I need to get on the LC train and quick!! I have the shakes, eggs and all at home, just need to go on and get started!! But I did do the hula hoop yesterday and I'll do my bike tonight -

Have to run; love my Angels!! Val
Old 01-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning girls, It has been so cold and windy this week it is ridiculous! I only go out when I absolutely need to.
We are for the most part all doing a little better, except for our daughter who is still struggling. Please continue to pray for her!
I have passed my kidney stone and feel so much better. Ron is back to eating and feeling fine.

Becky I hope you guys are all feeling better too. I love your new kitten and I hope the kitten is brightening all your spirits.

Val, thank you for the prayers. Get that colonoscopy because it is an important test. I hope it comes back as clean as Emile's.

Lynn, Claire, I hope you guys are doing well this week and keeping warm.

Love to all, JAN
Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon Angels. We are in the 20's with snow and sleet. I called off work. No use to break one of my compromised bones. It has been dark all days. Cant imagine what you guys have. Blessings on all our angels, and our families. Just checked and it is sleeting heavy now.

Jan, glad you are feeling better in your household. These virus this year are killers. Take care. I am listening to a pretty good book. Something about this girl who witnessed a murder of 5 people. In 2 seperate incidences. Not my usual choice, but it is pretty good.

Val, my friend Eliz finally to try atkins. She lost 3 lb in her 1st 2 days. She was happy and she is eating an orange a day because she has diabetes. I am back on Atkins also. Its not kiicked in yet. You getting snow and sleet too?

Got to run. Have a good day. Hi to becky, claire and lynn
Old 01-26-2013, 06:23 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everyone, It is sunny and our snow has fallen. We got just a dusting, maybe a half inch. The temperature is supposed to warm up this coming week so that will bring a lot of relief to people that don't have the money to heat or even a furnace that is new enough to keep up with the cold we've had for the past week. We've had our thermostat on 70 all week and we still had to wear a sweater or a robe in the house to be comfortable. We only went out when it was absolutely necessary.

Evon, good luck on your Atkins plan. I hope you can get down to where you were when you were so happy with your weight loss. I lost about 4 pounds in the last two weeks so that is good because I am not really dieting, just making better food choices.
Well I am sitting here in front of the sunniest window in the house with my cat (yellow) Tiger and it is nice. I am drinking my first cup of coffee and talking to all my Angel friends. What could be better than that??????

Today we have to go out and get our lottery tickets and just a few things we need then we will be back in our nice warm house. I made a big pot of homemade chicken soup last night and it was so nice and warm and comforting.
Last night Jason cooked salmon on the grill for them in about 5 degrees so I saved some soup for Shannon for lunch. He is working all day so she will eat with us today.

Well I am rambling on because I really have nothing important to say so I guess I will say bye for now and check in later to see if anyone posts today. Have a wonderful and blessed day today and be safe! Love to all of you, JAN
Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Angels. Blessings on all the Angels and our families. Blessings on this day and may it warm up and melt this winter wonderland.

Good morning Jan. Your soup sounds good. I love chicken and rice soup. I made vegetable beef last week. We did not get much precipitation but it was snow at first and then sleet on top of it. Highest temp I saw yesterday was 27 and that was late last night. But they say we might get up to 44 today. Of course it was supposed to be 37 yesterday and never saw it. Everytthing around her is a layer of ice. In the county Raleigh is in, they had 197 wrecks yesterday at last count i heard. They said they were 47 in one hour when I heard the news this morning. Even a school bus on the way home had a wreck. I feel like a prisoner. I called off work yesterday. I told Jeff better to be out one day that break a hip and be out 6 months if not forever. For so many that is the final step down. And a lot I know, never really get over it, even if it does not kill them. And I really need to go to the store. but Lord willing, I will survive. And if not, I will prosper. Stay warm, 2 months and it is spring.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Angels! Ok, count me in as an Atkins eater too - I have been eating sweets, pretzels, noodles, all the stuff that is putting the pounds on, and I just can't have that. I've got some eggs so I'll make some angel eggs tonight, and I've got some baked chicken I fixed over the weekend. Last week, I gave 1/2 of my big clothes to the goodwill, and the other half I plan to give to my sister-in-law to donate to a clothing drive at her church. So I can't go back, I refuse to go back to where I was!

Evon, we only got about an inch of snow, and then this morning, it was forcast to be very slippery because of the sleet - schools were having delayed opening, federal government opened at noon, but by the time I left out of the house at 8 am, it was just raining, all the sleet and freezing rain was gone!

I can't believe that January is almost over, where did the month go? It wasn't that long ago that I was celebrating the New Year in my pretty red dress! Well, let this new month that is coming in bring lots of pounds lost for all of us! Hugs and kisses to all my Angels; know that I love you all! Val

Last edited by InTheLight; 01-28-2013 at 11:05 AM..
Old 01-29-2013, 06:17 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everyone, I thought I would chat with all of you while enjoying my morning coffee. I just threw out some bread for the birds and my cat (yellow) Tiger is sitting in the window watching them eat their feast. Even my dog CJ loves to watch the birds fluttering around and chirping out of happiness to find food on the snow covered ground! They are so sweet.
We did get more snow yesterday but it was not more than an inch so we are thankful for that.

Yesterday we ad a really nice day. It was Grandparent's Day at St. Margaret's school so we went to church at 9 am and then into the school to see them in their classrooms for coffee and pastries that they had brought from home.
Unfortunately Brendan woke up sick yesterday so we didn't get to see his classroom but we had a nice time visiting the girls in their rooms and meeting their new teachers.
I am so thankful they have the opportunity to go to this wonderful Catholic school where they are allowed to worship God freely unlike in our public schools. Since school started in September the children have raised almost $3,000 to help various charities and shelters in their area that provide food, clothing and shelter for the homeless and the poor.
They were so proud to present their check to the coordinator of these charitable organizations yesterday. They got a standing ovation from all of us and the teachers and the parish priest yesterday. Their little hearts must have been bursting with pride yesterday. I just love that school!

Val, I am happy that you are nipping your weight gain in the bud and not letting it get out of hand. I may even try to do a little Atkins for a while myself.
I am at a standstill with WW. I admit it is my own fault for not following the program the way I should be, but I just don't like counting calories or points.
The main thing is that I am not exercising and I need to do that to lose.
Now that Atkins is coming out with all these new meals that you can just pop into the microwave I am very tempted to try it. What do I have to lose (no pun intended) right?
I hope you can keep your new knees in good shape and lose some of the weight you have regained. You look too beautiful in that red dress to not stay right where you are. Put a picture of you in that beautiful dress on your refrigerator and keep looking at it for inspiration! Good luck my sweet friend!!!

Evon, I'm sorry about all the accidents from your icy roads this week. That is terrible. Our city had the sanding trucks out all night and by the time morning came the roads were down to the pavement with no ice at all.
We do get a lot of snow in NE but we also have the equipment to take care of the roads. They plow and sand constantly during a storm and our roads are safe. Most people have snow blowers and sand on hand to take care of our driveways and sidewalks also so we are also prepared for any snow storms.
Jason will clean the driveways today and the warmer temperature should do the rest to melt anything that is left.
Jason isn't working till 3:00 today so he can do that before he has to go to work.
It was a good week for homemade soup last week and we ate a lot of it. It was so darn cold! I just watched the weather channel and it is supposed to reach around 39 degrees and a whopping 53 degrees on Wednesday!

Well a quick good morning to every and I will check back later to see if any other Angels get in here today to post. I hope everyone is doing well and feeling great. Love and blessings going out to all of you. Love, JAN
Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Angels and blessing on all angels and our families.

Yes Jan, it is warmer. We only got down into the 40's last night and supposed to be almost 70 today and 71 tomorrow, and then back to the freezer on Thursday thru the weekend. I went over to Heathers to carry my books yesterday. The steps still had a coat of ice, so books are still in the car. I will try again today. since it did not freeze last night, maybe the ice may be gone. But yesterday, I saw lots of patches of snow in the places that had had no sun. Glad you had fun with the grils. They are growing up so fast.

Val. I have decided to do Atkins til it is not fun and then switch to Judd for a week or so, unless it really starts to work for me and I lose weight at it. For some reason I dont lose on Judd. I did at first and then it just quit. When ever I go to the store again, I will buy some potatoes and try the potato fast also. That sounds good. I do like potatoes and dont eat them very often. Have you tried that? Wish I could find the secret to my loss. So far it is Atkins.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Evon, I hope you get those nice warm temperatures this week. 70 degrees sound wonderful. That should take care of all of your ice and snow for sure.
I hope you have a great day today!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Angels, we are doing better.. Barrett had his ankle operated on .. They put in a plate and 2 screws.. He will be out of wrestling for the rest of his senior year.. He is quite upset.. His dad went to work Thurs. with the prescription for his painkillers in his pochet.. When I called him he said he was in such pain..
I guess he will not be doing much wrestling for a while..
Emile is doing better .. He just has remember to watch what he is eating and not to overeat..
My business is at a stand still. My laptop is acting up.. Cannot play any games on it because I cannot download Adobe..
I try and it says it was successful.. but the games won'i play..
Hoping all are well.. Love you and miss you.. Love Claire
Old 01-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Jan, the trouble with warm temps is there is a chance of tornardos. But at the least, we will have strong winds tomorrow and some rain tomorrow night. I can see it now. Not fun when we are trying to get out and the wind is blowing the umbrella upside down and the rain is pouring. Have to do some hard praying.

Hey Claire, hope your problems get straight soon. Good to see you again.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Angels! We had warm temps yesterday (69 degrees!), and today as well, but we have storms coming tonight ... The weather online said that it will be high winds, heavy downpours, lightning, all of that, and it should reach the DC area from 9 pm to 2 am. I cooked yesterday, so don't have to worry about having to do that tonight, it will be leftovers (although I may mix up a batch of angel eggs, didn't do it earlier in the week).

Ok, so the diet is on, I officially started today! Rather than Atkins, I will be doing more of a LC plan; had an Atkins shake for breakfast, and had a LC frozen lean cuisine chicken meal for lunch, along with a diet coke. I have a SF LC pudding for an afternoon snack, and then tonight will be a small bowl of sloppy joe w/slice of cheese on top, along with lots of water. I'm not looking long term way into the future; right now, I am saying that I will be eating this plan until Valentine's, so that's about 2 weeks or so. We can so do this!

Claire, sorry to hear about Barrett and his being in so much pain; prayers lifted for him. I don't know about adobe not downloading; I have a box that keeps coming up on my screen that says I need to do something about upgrading to a flash player thing, and I don't understand that, but it is not preventing my game play. These system things are so confusing; prayerful that it will resolve itself quickly for you ...

Jan, love that you throw bread out for the birds during the snow; I do that as well, and will do it when we ever get some sizeable measured snow! Also, so glad that you enjoyed your visit at St. Margaret's School with the little ones, nice!

Evon, I think the LC plan is the thing for me too, at least for right now. Can't ever go back to JUDDD though because of my hiatal hernia, but if I go between LC and then go to small portion control eating, that should work for me; Blessings to you on this journey!

Have to run; Blessings to all my Angels, and if you should be in the path of tornados or other bad weather during this system coming over, I pray a Hedge of Protection over each one of you and your families right now, in the Name of Jesus! Love you all, Val

Last edited by InTheLight; 01-30-2013 at 11:01 AM..
Old 01-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everyone,

Ron and I were going to the International Car Show in Providence today but when I opened the front door and it almost blew me back into the house I changed my mind about going today. I cant see walking through downtown Providence in all that wind. Not good for my bronchitis. We will try to go tomorrow instead. He is so anxious to go.

Claire, I am happy that you and Emile are feeling better. Poor Barret I hope he feels better soon. He must be so disappointed that he won't be able to be on the wrestling team though.
Do you know why your business is so slow. Are you selling something different now? Where do you advertise your stuff?
Did you guys lose power during the night or anything? We didn't lose power but my friend Sue had no power from 11:30 last night till 6:00 this morning.
We had no TV, Internet or telephone this morning when I woke up and only got it back about an hour ago.
Cox has been having a lot of problems lately. I have so much span and lots of P*rno emails coming into my mail box every day. I don't open anything, try to block sender and just delete it immediately but it keeps coming every time I sit at the computer. I am going to have to caught up the $90 and call Compaq and have them remove all this crap.

Evon, I saw where there were so many tornadoes all over the south. Were any of them close to you? There were severe thunderstorms going right over Dallas and over Coppell TX where the kids live the day before yesterday. I worried about them all night. But they were okay. No tornadoes, just thunderstorms and hail. The storms we are getting now are so terrifying. They seem to be getting bigger and bigger and covering so many states at the same time.
We need to pray for better weather and fewer deaths in these monster storms.

Val, we had such a nice warm day yesterday and even today but the wind is ridiculous. Tomorrow the temperature is supposed to drop into the 30 again.
We also have a lot of rain and possible snow for the weekend.
Nothing we can do about what Mother Nature dishes out to us!
I am happy you are doing short term weight loss plans. Two weeks at a time is good. If that doesn't work you can try something else.
Do you and Kenny have any Valentine's Day plans made?
I also feed the birds if I know a storm is coming so they can eat before the storm hits.
My little Gracie, has a huge stump in their backyard and every morning winter or no matter how bad the weather is she will go outside before she goes to school and put food on the stump for all the little critters in their yard. She put out nuts, fruit, bread and anything that her mom will give her. She is such a sweet little girl (9) with a big heart.

Well my friends. I have to go and pick up a few prescriptions for Ron so I think I will go now before it starts to get colder.
A big hello to everyone and I hope to hear from you soon. Love and blessing going up to heaven for all of us today.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jan, no Valentine plans as of yet - we talked about getting seafood again and fixing up some delicious crabcakes for dinner, and of course, he wants me to put that red dress on again, another reason why I want to tone up the mid-section a bit!! The day is so awkward this year, on a Thursday, and we've both got to go into work that next day, so we're not planning to go away or anything like that.

Do you and Ron have special plans for Valentine's - it is a time for roses, and chocolates ... did I just say that?

Last edited by InTheLight; 01-31-2013 at 02:10 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Blessings on all our angels, and our families.

Yesterday I did a day of potatoes. Not so bad and I lost 2 lb, but quickly grew tired of them. And dont think they helped my body any. Seems the arthrittis is acting up worse today. And that is not fun. So today, I had sausage for breakfast and made egg salade for dinner. But that is the worst way to eat eggs in my opinion. I think I will have tuna salad next time with the egg in it.

Jan, tomorrow may not be as windy but it supposed to be so cold. When I got up this morning, it was still 60 degrees, but then the temps plummeted even though we had lots of sun. If the car show is inside, it should be okay but from the way you talked about going down the street, it is probably a street show, right? If we had a tornado, I did not hear it and have heard nothing about one. I found a strange item in my drive when I came out this morning, but it could have blown from someone elses house or some where. It was kind of like one of those plastic things you put a paper plate on, but not big enough. Put it in the back of my car, til I can check it out later. Tomorrow will probably be a steak day for me. Then Saturday, all down the drain, because I am meeting Bev and Becky and we are going to an italian restaurant. Dont know if it is olive garden or ragazzi's. We will figure that out. Becky and I have lunch 5 days a week. Or partiailly. She goes at 3:30 and I go at 4:00 so we have 30 minutes together.

Hey val, how is your low cal doing? I might get a little less strick, but I need to lose some 1st. the guy that weighs me will be back on the 21st. Maybe yall can go out and celebrate v day on Friday. Bet lots do that this year.

By the way, I do have a date for Valentines. He is the lawyer from New York, the one who flies his own plane. Who knows where we will end up. He will come in on Valentines day and leave on Saturday, but I am off Friday since I work Saturday. tttl
Old 02-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Angels!! I'm doing well today, glad that it's a TTIF day (thank God it's FRIDAY!). So I've been doing some thinking, thanks to Jan and Evon about Valentine's thoughts, thank you so much!!! Evon, it's true, hubby and I can definitely do something for the weekend. Something I really would like to attend would be a nice concert and dinner show, or maybe something with a Christian comedian, like that. Or find out what churches in my area are having something like a concert or something like that. So I did some checking, and found that several churches are having Valentine Day galas, but all I saw were ones for singles.

So then I did some checking about the Christian comedy shows, and I found a really good one at a nearby church who is having a celebration for their Pastor, a dinner and a concert. I checked with Kenny first, then went on and just got the tickets online, so excited about that!!! This event is the first Sunday in March though, but having something to look forward to like that will get me serious about losing a few pounds before we go, so I've got the whole month of February!

They also have scheduled a dinner/Christian comedian who also DJs on my favorite Christian radio station. The dinner show for the Saturday 2/16 has been sold out, but on Sunday 2/17 they have the show only, but no dinner, and that's fine. So I plan to go and get tickets for that show, so that is what we'll be doing to celebrate our Valentine's Day this year!! This place is a Christian venue where they have events all year, so I put it in my Favorites folder and will be checking the site from time to time to see what they're doing. Their events are not very expensive either - thanks to you both for making me think further about what to do for Valentine's, which made me look and find this place; God, I just love my Angels soooo much!!

Evon, re the LC, I hung in there for about a day or so, and have decided not to be so strict in my eating, I need to add a few more carbs so I won't get sick from it like I have done before. Funny thing is, I found that on Wednesday, while eating LC, I didn't eat a lot of food that day, but then woke up in the middle of the night and I was starving. So I ate a few pretzels, some mints, 1/2 glass of milk, all of it not LC. Yesterday, I ate LC all day, but had a regular dinner. This will be my new plan, eat LC but not very low carb - I had a yogurt for breakfast with a few pretzels, and for lunch, I have some angel eggs, a whole tomato, and a SF chocolate pudding. Have a banana for snack (I'll only eat 1/2), and maybe do a salad for dinner along with stir-fry shrimp w/fresh garlic and mushrooms, yum! Also sorry to hear about your arthritis acting up, feel better soon ...

I also stopped at the CVS and got me a multivitamin w/iron, along with a magnesium tablet, and I feel better already, more energized, slept soundly last night, no leg cramps at all, so I must have been lacking in something. I plan to take these every other night, and see how it goes.

Gotta run; love all my Angels, have a wonderful day today!!!! Val

Last edited by InTheLight; 02-01-2013 at 09:26 AM..