LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 04:43 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Sunday, Dec 30 Roll Call

Good morning and hope today finds every one well or on the mend.

Lots happened on our little cyber board in the year of 2012. One thing for sure we seem to stick together and support one another thru thick and thin.
Let's continue with good will and cheer. Don't give up on your goals whether weight loss or happiness. Enough out of me.

We have snow and ice in our forecast for New Years Eve. I had planned on spending the evening with my best friends. I hope I can still do that. Stay safe.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 05:54 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Lovely way to start the day with that post- Thanks Loretta

9:10- 40 more minutes till Armour Hour ends and I can have my coffee.
It is very cold this morning.
Going to check the weather.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Doris, I've been Skyping with my daughter and a few friends for several years. No, you don't have to get dressed up (lol). You should skype and see your grandson and talk with him. It's easy and lots of fun.
36 degrees here this a.m.--but does anyone care? :-)
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL Julie, I love the little weather reports.

I woke up to the 20s. I have been sitting on the porch steps in the sun with my coffee and Ms. SuSun on my lap (wonder if she knows she is keeping me warm while I am keeping her warm?) There are 3 or 4 giant pine trees in the back yards of the houses across the street and I love listening to the wind blowing in them. Really musical. I poured boiling water on their left over chicken and Aaunt Jane loves the juice... when she is done Ms. SuSun eats the chicken. I love my quiet life with my girls.
Jeepers, I miss Susan.
Will work on de-cluttering yet again today in hopes of a much improved New Years start off on the condition of my house. How could I have let my little house get so very disgusting?
bbl
When Begete saw this picture she said. "I love that picture of YOU coming out of that Chimney"! I loved that. Don't forget to click on the photo. That is my "fav" GrandPurr "Vista".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0377.jpg (37.6 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 12-30-2012 at 07:05 AM..
Old 12-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Good morning all,

Michele. The Call the Midwife comes on January 1 here. I can't wait.

Not going to do too much today. My weekends go by quickly so I need to rest faster!

Have a great day all
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Thank you for your wisdom, Loretta - I will try hard to remember your words.

Like you, our weather is still very cold and now they say rain is in our future. Just in time for me to return to work, darn it. I know, I know, there's people with much bigger problems than this, but I just had to get that whine out of my system

Once I get out from under the covers, I need to make a quick trip to the grocery.

Take care everyone and stay warm,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Good morning as I'm a bit earlier than most of us it's 7:40 and I've still got my double socks on and having my first cup of joe. It's going to be nice here but the deck has to defrost first. Our birds are busy with their morning seed breakfast. We have quite a crowd this morning.

Don't have much planned today but sure we'll do something. We both do better just doing on the spur of the moment. Have to remember your words Loretta and never give up on my goals.

Check back with you all later.

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 12-30-2012 at 07:57 AM..
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #8

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Good Morning, well, it's morning here still anyway.

It's so cold, outside is white and grey, icy, and not mood lifting at all. No words can change that though. Gotta deal with it, and husband is not up to snuff, either. Oh well.............the beat goes on.

Anne, how do you like your new car, I keep seeing the ads for the car on tv, over and over lately, lol.

Just finished the bike for awhile, time to eat, eating is mood enhancing at least.

Wishing you ALL a good day, or as good as possible.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning and Thanx for starting us off, Loretta.

I definitely plan on watching the Call the Midwife special tonight. Did I mention that for Xmas, Gabe got my the DVS of the first season?

Lainey - you have sich a good memory!

Today planning on make two kinds of turkey soup...hopefully will have room in the freezer for them.
Have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL Begete- only the good stuff!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning to those in the west and g'day to those in the east...love the start, Loretta, and will try to adhere.

Nuttin' planned for the day but since it's sunny and in the 40's I'll be able to get the walk in today. You all encourage me to do better what with your walking five miles, riding the bike for three hours and putting 10k on the pedometer. You're all my heroes...keep it up.

My weight bounces this month have taken me up, not down, but I'm sure hoping I'll be back to where I started the month when I weigh in tomorrow. I did the same thing in October, without the gain, just stagnated at the poundage. I say that it's my body just adjusting to its new weight...oh well, que sera, sera!

Oh! was just reminded...today the folks are putting the final touches on the floats for the tournament of roses...one of our TV stations covers it without commercial breaks. My folks at AFN carry their coverage for our service members overseas. Looking forward to that on Wednesday. Does anyone else watch it?

Hope you all have a good day, are healing, and good things come your way...if it's cold and wet, stay warm!!

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 12-30-2012 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: rose parade note
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/154/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Hiya. Its been a good day so far.

Loretta, your opening words were so lovely today.

I don't have anything planned. It stopped snowing a couple hours ago and the sun is shining now. Rich got all the plowing done. He plows a maze of paths for Molly in the yard. She loves to race around in them. She doesn't like the snow touching her bare belly. When she came in, she was following me and fretting. Rich told me to sit down because Molly wanted to get into my lap and warm her belly and feet. We consider our little princess in all things. So I sat down in my recliner and Molly jumped into my lap and quit fretting. Belly and feet are now warm.

It doesn't look good for our purchasing the house. The people have rejected our offer and countered with a price that's just a few hundred less than their original price. Its not done yet, but doesn't look good. If we don't get it, then it wasn't meant to be.

I'm very sleepy for some reason. I may take a nap this afternoon. I'm also waiting to hear from Cathy. She was still pretty sick last night. I'm hoping she is better today. She says she's been eating the chicken soup I made.

I'm wishing everyone a nice, comfortable day today.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/154/150
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 108 lbs. 5'
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May '11
Another cold FL morning. We just don't remember this kind of up and down weather in years past. Oh well, deal with it.

Anne, what color is the new Jetta? They are so cute. I used to have one of the new VW's (also had an old one years and years ago) I loved it, I'm a small car lover. My best one was a Geo Metro, loved that thing. Now we have a Town and Country van, waaayyy too big for my taste, but DH loves it.

Mary, when does the part 2 of Christiane Amanpour's documentary come back? Tonight, I hope.

A friend from "not in the Park" called me yesterday and we're meeting up with she and her "friend" for dinner tonight. We haven't been out of the Park to eat in a while so should be fun. This place is in downtown Lakeland and upscale. Remember girls, I talked to myself about this eating conundrum and I think I listened. Tonight will be the test.
Ginny
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Verleen... how does that work?

Do you now offer a little higher number? I am supprised the realter has not bought the house as speculation (or some realter). Not a time for Cathy to under the weather with this important negociation going on. That house is in my prayers for your family. Oh well, we'll see.
Back to my bedroom work but should work a bit on some of the other rooms.
Maybe my tin of chicken soup will give me a little energy to keep going when I really want to put my nose in a novel.
Sure am missing the 60s tempts or even the 50s. Course some of yall are really cold so I should not whine!
bbl
Old 12-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Ginny, the second part of Christine Amanpour's show was on Friday night. I'm sure they'll repeat the two shows some time.
Verleen, what will be, will be.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #16

Yes Verleen, some people with a house you would love may just be waiting until after the New Year before putting it up for sale!! We wouldn't try to sell a house at all during any holiday's, when you think about it, it's a really tough time of year to do that. That's cute how Molly likes to warm herself on you!!

Mary, we watch the Rose Parade faithfully, for years and years, but have never been to it. We are anxious to watch it on the big screen tv, as a matter of fact.

Ginny, you will do fine with the food at the restaurant, and enjoying visiting with friends, and, if not, once the holiday season is done with, it's back to business anyway. How lucky you guys are to live where actual people are around, going places and doing things, lol.

Julie, did you ever find out who gifted you with that wine?

Hi Lainey, another "git er done" day, and then you can relax and read.

I ventured out into the snow and ice to toss stuff into the compost pile, and boy, was the snow hard, didn't even make a dent.

Off to wash dishes, take care.

"Be Your OWN Inspiration!"

Calories IN, Calories OUT, old fashioned but True...
Old 12-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #17

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/151.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
HiYa!

I am finally here from snowy Canada. I finally got my pc up and running about an hour ago. The technician had to come out to fix it and he did it in 5 minutes. Amazing if you know how huh? He said the pc couldn't read the wireless, so he disabled it and then hit connect again and it all started up again. Sheesh! No pc for almost a week.

Thank you to all for your PM's I was very touched by them now that I can finally read them. It is good to know that I am missed by my good friends on here. Thank you Ginny for your phone message. I thought to give you a call but didn't want to disturb your Christmas.

I will have a fair bit of catching up to do with the posts of the last week.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
YAY...Susan...welcome back! I would be lost without my connections!!

My new car is the avatar now... dark gray with black interior. I haven't driven it today. Will do tomorrow. Just lazy today.

Warmed up to 51 this afternoon. Clear and a beautiful day here.

BBL
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #19

Nice to have you back, Susan!! Wouldn't yah know it would be something rather simple that stops our computers from working, but it gives the techie a living, too.

Anne, nice car, wish we could all get in there and go shopping with you, lol.

Going to go on the phone and yak with my Mom, see if her assisted living is having a bang up New Years Eve party tomorrow!!! The kareoki might be too loud, and the police will be called in............
Old 12-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Welcome back Susan,I know how you feel as I can't get my I-Pad to turn on.Greg will be here this coming week so we will see.
Clarence is sick,I think it's the flu more than a cold.I have a cold,so not much is happening here.
BBT
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #21

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Glad that your pc is fixed Susan. We were getting worried about you.

Love your new car Anne. Bet it is good on gas mileage.

Hopefully we will just get rain tomorrow. I have a lot on my list and a distance to drive to Hospice.

Verleen if that house has been on the market for a while they might reconsider. But if it is newly listed they might want to try to get what they want for it without too much of a loss for them.

Hope C gets better soon Gladys. My DILs have all been hit by the bug over the Christmas holiday.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 13 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #22

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Evening everybody..

Thanks for the wise words for our start off, Loretta.

Julie, skype is fun and you don't need to turn the web cam on if you don't want to.

Gladys, so sorry to hear Clarence is sick with what might be the flu.

Enjoy that new car, Anne. It's a beauty.

Doris, sure hope your mood lifts. You guys need to get out of there and down into civilization. That isolation is not good for your mental health.

Oh Susan so good to see you back. Gee , have your DS teach you a few things about that computer so you don't need to call a tech all the time.

Oh Verleen, I sincerely hope those people do sell you the house. I know how much you all want it.

Hi to Julie, Michelle, Mary, Sharron, Babette, Lainey, Ginny and anyone I may have missed.

Roads were not to good so I didn't drive back home today. Did venture out to pick up some items for meatballs and the wind about killed me. My gosh it was so cold.
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
My Laura 1-3-2008
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
To who ever is going to watch or already has watched the 'Call the Midwife Holiday episode', it was fantastic! Such a good show -

G'night,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Great to see you back Susan. I completely understand with computers. For some it's easy and for me and others it's always a test of wills. Thank goodness for the techs.

We try to watch the parade. I like to see our float and what the kid's theme is for the year. Cal Poly University Pomona and our kids have a great time getting together and building their float from top to bottom. Our kids usually provide the pizza. .

Verleen that is so cute Molly having her own trails out of the snow. She needs booties for her tootsies.

It's about time to get to bed. So I'll be seeing you all tomorrow. Sleep tight and keep warm everyone.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 108 lbs. 5'
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May '11
We have a beautiful sunny FL day here, going to the 70s.

I just finished cleaning bathrooms and DH vacuumed.

Last night's meal was fun. I had my fried oysters and red beans and rice, yum.
DH had shrimp creole, he liked it. The friends we ate with met online and boy did she luck out. They are constantly going on trips, not talking your diddly bahama stuff.............I'm talking China, Russia and in Feb. they are going to the tip of South America! Good for them I say. He appears to be a very nice guy

We're going up to the Clubhouse tonight for New Year's Eve. Dancing, hors'doeuvres, champagne, etc. Don't know if we'll stay till midnight, we'll see.

Iowa State is playing in a bowl game this afternoon so we will be watching and hoping they do well. All of DH's kids graduated from there, it's a BIG deal.
They are playing in Memphis.

Hey girls...............all of you have a wonderful New Year's Eve and ..........................Julie, keep it down up there in Ocala.
Ginny
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Ginny- LOL, I had just posted that the high light of 2012 for me was a "DIDDLY" trip to the Bahamas!!!!!!! I loved that cruise on "Glory" AND the Bahamas!
bbl